Mar 29 - More Black Men Now in Prison System than Were Enslaved

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
This is a eye opening article. It doesn't help that we in a recession with crazy unemployment but no excuses, look at Obama.
 03-29-2011, 07:20 PM         #42
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chi town hustla said:
this right here im tellin my people that system is against us and will be against us 4eva i dont c a reason to complain about something u cant change just work with what u got and do the best u can
you are so accepting its ridiculous. first you say 'it is what it is' then you like its gonna be like this 4eva. you were talking about how some white guy you know agrees black people got it tough or whatever. i completely agree, but just by your acceptance of what you think should be the norm. you have been broken and they aint gonna build you back up.
 7 years ago '05        #43
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
space
$18,163 | Props total: 19880 19880
 IronMaiden said:
this

you can't blame the white man for this sh*t, same reason you can't blame people for stereotyping when everywhere you look black people act the part, pull your pants up and speak correct english and don't commit fu*king crimes.
are yall really around black people or do yall get this information from worldstar and rap videos dats not real life dats entertainment
i grew up in gary in and chicago it gets no more hood than that
i dont understand where yall get this info from that everybody in the hood is like thats stereotyping
 7 years ago '04        #44
vagangster 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 312 312
 DL95 said:
you guys sound silly as sh*t, to survive in america you need a good education, thats what alot of black males dont have, if there not taught correctly they cant make good choices and thats the government's fault. also being in school doesnt put food on the table immedietly, not knowing where your next meal is coming from is a scary thing and thats whats pushes ppl to do petty crimes and the system traps them by seting long sentences for selling or commiting crimes they know people in the hood do, so they can get there money. there good ppl just faces challenges people in the suburbs cant imagine. not everything so black and white
How is that the governments fault that they aren't taught correctly? Wtf are you smoking man listen to yourself. Just because people make the wrong decisions , it isn't the governments fault for arresting them , or is that how the thinking is "in the hood" gtfo here. Read my post earlier please, the whole petty crimes argument is a wash.
 7 years ago '05        #45
space
space
 Ni2 said:
you are so accepting its ridiculous. first you say 'it is what it is' then you like its gonna be like this 4eva. you were talking about how some white guy you know agrees black people got it tough or whatever. i completely agree, but just by your acceptance of what you think should be the norm. you have been broken and they aint gonna build you back up.
it is what it is and its goin to b like dat 4eva its been like that since we were brought over here as slaves we will never b accepted as equals n america n i am fine with that how is that bein broken

thats why i have always been self employed and always will b build me up thats not somethin i seek or need from anybody my race included

that is the norm why should i b mad cuz somebody dont like me cuz of my skin color so wut who r they that i should need there approval

thats whats wrong with black people we will never b accepted as equals n american society we need to get the fuc over it
 03-29-2011, 07:43 PM         #46
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it aint about approval. its about like control of your own destiny sh*t. i cant believe black people are at the complete mercy of white people( or thats kinda the impression im given) and its accepted by them. what the fu*k.

you dont see how this is being broken. they broke your spirit. see when you catch a horse in the wild they dont give a fu*k what you say. you have to break their spirit then they will accept whatever you tell them and will walk off the edge of cliff if you demand them to. they basically become at your mercy, never questioning your decisions never again will they rise up and be free. and they even get their own electrical fence that most times they could easily escape from yet they dont. cause they have no spirit. it is what it is.

Last edited by Ni2; 03-29-2011 at 07:50 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #47
space
space
 Ni2 said:
it aint about approval. its about like control of your own destiny sh*t. i cant believe black people are at the complete mercy of white people( or thats kinda the impression im given) and its accepted by them. what the fu*k.
u damn rite

only black people that are at the mercy of white people r the ones that want there approval bein black means u got work 10 times harder n b 10 times smarter n know that to make u got go against all odds cuz it set up for u to fail not succed period
 7 years ago '05        #48
space
space
 Ni2 said:

you dont see how this is being broken. they broke your spirit. see when you catch a horse in the wild they dont give a fu*k what you say. you have to break their spirit then they will accept whatever you tell them and will walk off the edge of cliff if you demand them to. they basically become at your mercy, never questioning your decisions never again will they rise up and be free. and they even get their own electrical fence that most times they could easily escape from yet they dont. cause they have no spirit. it is what it is.
im that horse n the wild then
because my mind is free i know u cant change the way outside people think but u can try to change the way ur people think n thats wut i focus on
 03-29-2011, 08:01 PM         #49
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chi town hustla said:
u damn rite

only black people that are at the mercy of white people r the ones that want there approval bein black means u got work 10 times harder n b 10 times smarter n know that to make u got go against all odds cuz it set up for u to fail not succed period
you lost me because by accepting you have no control means you have no control. tomorrow anyone you know can get locked up on a bogus charge and what will you do, you already accepted that as a possibility. you accept not being treated equal, but not even that you accept being treated as inferior and you think all black people should accept it.

chi town hustla said:
im that horse n the wild then
because my mind is free i know u cant change the way outside people think but u can try to change the way ur people think n thats wut i focus on

im done cause this is what im talking to you about. the way you think. your acceptance of the world as it is. you can understand all day how it is, but you should never accept it.
 7 years ago '11        #50
breadfoxx 
space
space
$529 | Props total: 239 239
 sho 2010 said:
Stay in school(no matter how boring it is) get an education, and you won't have to sell drugs and you probably woon't go to jail. Simple as that really.
hard to focus when pops gone and mom on drugs
 7 years ago '04        #51
jsmooth-117 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$11,536 | Props total: 6459 6459
We are not victims we are volunteers. The longer we as a group of people parade and act ridiculous the more of a target we make ourselves. The criticism, the unfair treatment that some endure is it fair? No it isn't but every race goes through the ringer once in a while. Its the society we live in! My father has always said a righteous man has no fear
 7 years ago '05        #52
space
space
 Ni2 said:
you lost me because by accepting you have no control means you have no control. tomorrow anyone you know can get locked up on a bogus charge and what will you do, you already accepted that as a possibility. you accept not being treated equal, but not even that you accept being treated as inferior and you think all black people should accept it.

im done cause this is what im talking to you about. the way you think. your acceptance of the world as it is. you can understand all day how it is, but you should never accept it.
u have no control over others but have control over yours

i dont want to change the world fuc the world i would like to change my people black people in america period

we can agree to disagree i respect and appreciate honest talk

Last edited by chi town hustla; 03-29-2011 at 08:20 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #53
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922
Real talk man black folks just need to re-unify. That's all the government was trying to do back in the 60's and 70's that's how they got the panthers. Divide and Conquer is the plan. We just gotta get back on track and continue the revolution we had going back then. Now we all know that the system is against us, and now since we know it, it should be nothin to overtake it. And all us who know the system for what it is, we got to tell everyone just get the word and educate everyone since the schools aint doin it. All in all we just need to become a community again and then, THEN we'll be set.
 7 years ago '06        #54
The Scenario 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$4,138 | Props total: 3177 3177
 chi town hustla said:
u damn rite

I hear it.
I also believe that most white people who call themselves something between "neutral" or "righteous" are so far removed from the reality of a black man, they have NO IDEA what it's like to strive upstream in a society that has an underline negative current against your existence.

Yes, our hurdles are often higher, but we can attain success after much more endured bullsh*t than the next white dude.

As far this article/book, imagine if all incarcerated black males were released from jail and got an honest job... This economy would fail!

This country has created a viable industry keeping people behind bars--and who is the most popular inmate? Black Men.

This country waste money on incarceration, rather than education & rehabilitation. The entire focus of policing is to trap Black men. Most white people would disagree to this. But when I get pulled over, the officer asks, "Are you a convict?...Are you on parole or probation?...Are you a s3x offender...Have you been to prison?.......And then they run my license to see that I have no record.

The word "Officer" even came from the word or title of "Overseer" whom of which was the white dude on the plantation riding a horse and cracking his whip....

Yes, anyone can make it in the US. But we as Black people have to go through some other sh!t.

Last edited by The Scenario; 03-29-2011 at 09:23 PM..
 03-29-2011, 09:15 PM         #55
Infamous_01 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
White mans fault? I'm surprised no one pointed the finger at the black man who can have kids but then run away from their family because their selfish a.sses don't want to support them and take care of their responsibilities.

Even in the middle class neighborhood I'm in, this is still a problem that affects a large percentage of blacks and it's usually these kids that end up doing nothing with their lives other then selling drugs, getting into f!ghts, robbing people, etc. Alot of the ones that grew up with both their moms and dads, however, are in school right now or finished it.

And racism is still in the air but how much of it can you blame on the white man. You have an entire culture of HipHop which is 95% blacks and the voice of Hiphop (rap), is promoting itself in a negative way which is sh*tting all over your race when whitey or any other race that is not a fan of rap hears that sh*t. They BRAG about selling drugs, k!llin people, f!ghting...glorifying destruction.

Just the overall attitude of a lot of blacks, even in middle class society, isn't in the right place. You can blame whoever and whatever you want, but until those specific individuals educate themselves and make changes its just a cycle that leads nowhere.

And I would like the add that my neighbor, born and raised in jamaica, is a retired electrical engineer. He has several kids. One is a lawyer, two are engineers and the other owns a very successful business. All pulling in over 120k a year easy. Is that just luck 5 times in a row or is that getting your mind right, setting a goal and then accomplishing it and taking responsibility for your own faults.

Last edited by Infamous_01; 03-29-2011 at 10:04 PM..
 03-29-2011, 09:41 PM         #56
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats new ????? ya'll are making it sound like this is a new develpment here, statistically jails and prisons are always filled with a higher percentage of blacks then any other race.
 7 years ago '05        #57
space
space
 kendreezy said:
I hear it.
I also believe that most white people who call themselves something between "neutral" or "righteous" are so far removed from the reality of a black man, they have NO IDEA what it's like to strive upstream in a society that has an underline negative current against your existence.

Yes, our hurdles are often higher, but we can attain success after much more endured bullsh*t than the next white dude.

As far this article/book, imagine if all incarcerated black males were released from jail and got an honest job... This economy would fail!

This country has created a viable industry keeping people behind bars--and who is the most popular inmate? Black Men.

This country waste money on incarceration, rather than education & rehabilitation. The entire focus of policing is to trap Black men. Most white people would disagree to this. But when I get pulled over, the officer asks, "Are you a convict?...Are you on parole or probation?...Are you a s3x offender...Have you been to prison?.......And then they run my license to see that I have no record.

The word "Officer" even came from the word or title of "Overseer" whom of which was the white dude on the plantation riding a horse and cracking his whip....

Yes, anyone can make it in the US. But we as Black people have to go through some other sh!t.

thats what im sayin the hurdles are there its in plain view its not an even playing field but like my man said whats new deal with it and try to avoid the traps
 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM         #58
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chi town hustla said:
rap music doesnt make people commit crimes poverty does
^this. especially in this day and age where "gangsta rap" been non existent in main stream media. In addition, n*ggas smashin chics and runnin away from childcare has to be looked at as a prime factor. whose to blame for that
 7 years ago '05        #59
space
space
 viOleNcE said:
That whole "You're not black, so you'll never understand" is such an ignorant statement, and a cop-out. How can White people, the race that people such as yourself blame for the issues of Blacks, not understand the situation? Apparently, in your opinion and many others, we are the problem, we are the ones creating racism, so how could I NOT understand that Blacks face racism in America if I am the one being accused for putting it out?

How about this, are you people really around White people or do you just a.ssume that they're all out to get you and put your race down?

I swear to god, you Blacks that walk around with a chip on your shoulder, realize that you are wasting your time and energy believing that this world is out to get you. Time that you could be using to make a life for yourself rather than make excuses for why you can't. You are disillusioned into thinking that the majority of Whites in America are evil and ready to make your life a living hell. We are too busy living our lives, going to school, paying bills, raising children, than to waste our god damn time wondering why the hell some random angry Black guy on the street with his pants sagging is giving us a cold stare as though we've victimized them in some way.

The only people holding Black people down are Black people THEMSELVES, you, the ones that are constantly playing the victim, are holding your race down from advancing.

And no, I am not trying to paint the world as perfect with this post, my point is that there is no use in applying a negative a.ssumption to your personal life so that you have an excuse to bi*ch. There's a good chance that half of you complaining about racism have never been a victim of it to begin with, you just a.ssUME that Whites are racist and that you are where you are because of that.

Take a slogan from a popular shoe/clothing brand and apply it to your lives, something you all can easily understand.

Nike: Just Do It.
man that was long a.ss read
ill make my point short my post is speakin to my people i dont have a chip on my shoulder about white people i truly dont care about how white people feel or think of me or my people if u believe everything is equal and the playin field of america is fair ok you should because this a white mans country

this is to blacks we cannot keep lookin for fairness in america it is not going to happen it was never meant to happen we must realize that and stop being like why they dont like us its sickeing why in the fuc should we care we should care about us and only us and get are house in order stop trying to befriend a race of people that doesnt want to be our friend.We acting like we got the battered wife syndrome.
 03-29-2011, 10:28 PM         #60
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Very simple solution, do not commit any crimes and you will most likely not land in jail. All these excuses have to stop. Of course it is harder in this country for minorities than whites, but it is also easier in this country for even minorities than in other countries. My parents came from a very poor country, and I have been there many times. Ya act like everything is so messed up here in America when you have no idea what messed up really looks like. Get your a** up and work hard to make something out of yourself. Life is not fair. It is never going to be fair. Stop blaming others and work hard to better yourself and your family. The second you get that through your head, the better you will be and the quicker you will move forward.
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy