why derrick rose shouldnt win mvp (good read)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
157 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #41
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,289 | Props total: 13668 13668
Westbrooks my dude but he'll never win a mvp playing on the same team as durant
 7 years ago '06        #42
swoosh363 1 heat pts
space
space
$302 | Props total: 0 0
Dan Le Batard+Bulls sweeping the Heat+Bulls in 1 spot, Heat in 3 spot+him being an idiot= this article

Bulls fans
 7 years ago '04        #43
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Reppindaburghh said:
His entire team was swapped out for a new team halfway through the season.
Yeah, I know that but people still acted like Nelson, Carter, Lewis, Pietrus, Gortat, Bass, Red!ck was not help....They also fail to realize that teams have figured out their offensive schemes...Let Howard score, just don't let his teammates score from the perimeter.
 7 years ago '07        #44
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,387 | Props total: 13046 13046
@ lebatard retweeting all the hate he's getting for this
 7 years ago '04        #45
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Hold That said:
All-Stars don't matter? Tell me the last Superstar to win a championship without atleast one other All-Star? Tell me when was the last time someone made the finals without one other all-star??? How many years has it been? 6 or 7?
I bet that most of the people on here don't know that the last Superstar to win a championship without another All-Star was Olajuwon with Houston during the 93-94 Season..
 7 years ago '07        #46
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4827 4827
 Hold That said:
Stop reading after that.. Not a single All-Star on this team besides Rose.. now he benefits from their greatness..

Of course a Miami journalist doesn't want Rose to win. But he will..
boozer and noah arent all-stars???
 03-28-2011, 02:38 PM         #47
fmoney88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illogik said:
Westbrook has KD though
when kd was injured. Westbrooks stats went UP in every category. If anything Durant makes westbrooks numbers lower and his numbers are still better than Derrick Rose
 7 years ago '07        #48
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4827 4827
 Hold That said:
I fail to see any valid points he made? Westbrook put up nice stats and allowed to go one on one, but Rose despite getting doubled and tripled and the entire focal point of a defense is only putting up his stats due to "the greatness of his teammates"..

Should we dispute the fact that he said Roses stats for last week were 22 7.8 and 4ast..Ironically leaving out the Bucks game which would put his stats at 25/10/4 for the week.. What is there to really "dispute".. Everyone knows Dan is a moron.
i thought u stopped reading at "the greatness of his teamates"
and thru saturday meant for tha season u idiot,not for 1 week lmao
 03-28-2011, 02:41 PM         #49
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BXSC is unbearable now.

Add it to the R.I.P. list with HHS.
 7 years ago '04        #50
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
I knew this was going to be posted on here

Lebatard is usually right, but he comes off as a hater right here...he's just mad that Chicago hasn't been beaten down in the media like the Heat...that and he's doing it to make Wilbon mad after Wilbon son'd him on his radio show
 7 years ago '09        #51
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
Westbrook isn't consistently going one on one...stop making that up, Hold That...no coach is going to let a guard attack their D with no help.
 7 years ago '04        #52
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
In other news Dwight Howard has been named Player of the Week for a league leading 6th time.....#MVP
 7 years ago '05        #53
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 Ghost Writer said:
First off...How often is Rose actually triple teamed yet alone doubled??? Just because a teams focused on stopping Rose does not mean they're sending their whole team to cover Rose. They may just make sure they have their best defender on him or be slightly more focused on him from a team defense perspective.
He's doubled or tripled all the f**kin time.. Are you that dumb to think teams would allow players like Rose to go one on one for majority of the game? Use your head.. Thats like saying teams allowed LeBron to go on on one while he was in Cleveland.. Watch a game tonight then you'll see.. I've even showed pictures, diagrammed, provided video footage.. I'm tired of people coming with this weak a.ss argument when you are saying by your own admission YOU DO NOT WATCH THE GAMES. So honestly.. Why are you arguing on something you know very little about?

Let's face it. Any extremely talented player (which I admit Rose is 100%) is going to get his points. Look at Wade all the years he had 0 help...He averaged much more PPG than Rose and yet has never won MVP.
He's never had his team in the #1spot.. Winning and putting up impressive numbers is what gets you MVP.. When you are the only player in the league top 10 in scoring and top 10 in a.ssist, WHILE your team is #1 in the East, and #2 best record in the entire NBA.. YOU DESERVE the MVP.. The wins, the statistics are there.. Stats were their for Wade but the wins most certainly wasnt..

Again I'm not denying Rose completely of an MVP year, I'm just simply standing up for my man Le Betard and the points he's making. Also, I'm not saying, and neither is Le Betard, that Westbrook is having an MVP year. He's just simply using his numbers as a comparison.
Agaion your man is an idiot.. He's looking at stats at just the "face value" when Rose and Westbrook get their stats in two different ways.. One player as I repeat, is the focal point, dobuled and tripled, while the other is a second option who's free to go one on one.. Look at what happened in the Heat game when they did gaurd Westbrook the same way they gaurded Rose.. by creating a wall of players to cut him off and put D.Wade on him.. Westbrook was held to 4 points in the first half.. Seriously and someones going to mention "but Westbrook beat Boston and Mil without Durant".. And Monta Ellis had the Warriors 8-4 for the first two weeks of the season(look at them now).. Being the 1st option and carrying your team for a winning record for 82 games is a lot different than doing it for 3 games.. So I'm deading that argument before you even try to mention it.

I think the main point that I am trying to make here is that people are acting like Rose is solely responsible for his teams success when in actuality it's mainly their superior individual AND team defense which, like Le Betard said, Rose is probably the least important factor of. They win games because of their defense while Rose, being the only offensive wing option, is forced to create enough baskets to keep them afloat. They are not winning games because of their superior offense yet they are also not winning games because of Rose's defense so why is he unanimously being crowned MVP when there are other players out there who are simply the dominating force behind their teams success (Howard).
Rose plays a MAJOR role and the most important role in the teams success. He's not the only reason, there are multiple reason just like it is for any team.. Like I said before, Dwight has his team playing exactly the same way they played last year, nobody views them as elite or even talks about them as a "contender".. So why should he have MVP? Because half his team was traded and he still kept them in 4th seed, yet couldn't get them in the top 3 at any point of this season? While Roses team continues to surpass expectations with him being top 10 in 2 major catagories? Despite being top 5 in 4th quarter scoring and in the clutch?? Despite 2 of his top 3 players missing a combined 60 games? But Howard deserves it because his team was traded!!! Even though the team that was traded sucked also..

But we should believe Westbrook can be like Rose if given the chance.. Lets jsut ignore Miami shutting him down, and their team winning anyway(something that could never happen for Rose and Chicago)..

Last edited by Hold That; 03-28-2011 at 02:53 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #54
Tha-Problem 
space
space
$942 | Props total: 0 0
Im predicting 10+ pages on this one
 7 years ago '10        #55
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21128 21128
 Ghost Writer said:
No you need great players not necessarily allstars...You're telling me you need an injured Yao Ming or a washed up, half retired Allen Iverson to win championships? Like dude said All star game is a popularity contest.

I'd take a team full of excellent, defensive minded, role players anyday. Deng, Noah and Boozer are all borderline all-stars anyway. They just happen to be mature players that know their role and excel in defensive awareness and ability.
Ehhh...you do need great players rather than all stare but I was thinking more in the mind of a two all star punch.

MJ & Pippen
Kobe & Shaq
Duncan & Robinson
Duncan & Parker
Wade & Shaq
Kobe & Pau
***Stockton & Malone

But I agree with you on all star being a popularity contest. That s**t officially died when they game fans the ability vote on that.
 03-28-2011, 02:47 PM         #56
TheBallDontLie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This guy Hold That doesn't take a day off with the Rose stanning.
 7 years ago '08        #57
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,944 | Props total: 7351 7351
 Hold That said:
All-Stars don't matter? Tell me the last Superstar to win a championship without atleast one other All-Star? Tell me when was the last time someone made the finals without one other all-star??? How many years has it been? 6 or 7?
IM not really saying it doesn't matter. Ive said it matters on here before as well.

Andre3stacks said:
last team to win a title without a allstar? s**t tell me the last team to make the CF without an allstar.

My point is Boozer at least has shown hes an allstar calibur n*gga. And even if Rose were to somehow win it all(Tho he wont). He has a allstar calibur player in Boozer who would have made it if it wasn't for injury and has already made it before. Noah as well would have made it if it wasn't for injury. Plz stop acting like Rose has no help. Heres why That s**t doesn't matter. Lebron had years with the Cavs that f**kin Mo Williams made the allstar team. Does that mean he had more talent than the BUlls do now?? Similar teams honestly. Both play well defensively as a team but its obvious Rose has more offensive talent.
 7 years ago '05        #58
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 Andre3stacks said:
IM not really saying it doesn't matter. Ive said it matters on here before as well.

My point is Boozer at least has shown hes an allstar calibur n*gga. And even if Rose were to somehow win it all(Tho he wont). He has a allstar calibur player in Boozer who would have made it if it wasn't for injury and has already made it before. Noah as well would have made it if it wasn't for injury. Plz stop acting like Rose has no help. Heres why That s**t doesn't matter. Lebron had years with the Cavs that f**kin Mo Williams made the allstar team. Does that mean he had more talent than the BUlls do now?? Similar teams honestly. Both play well defensively as a team but its obvious Rose has more offensive talent.
Boozer has been horrific after all-star break.. Alot of people on here just absolutely do not follow NBA basketball like they claim or pretend too.. And I don't expect for people to watch the Bulls if they don't like them like that... But please don't pretend to know our team if you don't really watch.. Thats the most annoying thing of all. Boozer is putting up 14/7 after all star break, the same numbers Taj Gibson was putting up in Nov. when he was replacing him.. ANd Boozers defense is ATROCIOUS.. He's been absolutely pissing bulls fans off and constantly gets abused on talk radio.. Boozer HAS BEEN A DISSAPOINTMENT this year.. Honestly i hope he gets his act together before the playoffs start, because he might be our downfall.

We've been winning despite of Boozer absolutley not because of him.. missing 30 games before all-star break and averaging 14/7 after all-star break, is just sad, he had a good Dec/Jan(the weakest part of our schedule all year)but has been cold since then..

Last edited by Hold That; 03-28-2011 at 03:00 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #59
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,074 | Props total: 22512 22512
 knowughetto said:
While leading his team to the 4th best record in the east and 8th best in the league..

Iverson did more with less in comparison to Howard...

I find it funny that people are still saying that he has no help...Like Nelson, J.Rich, Hedo, Arenas, Red!ck, Bass is not help...
and none of them, not one single person on the orlando magic team averages 14 points.

if he had deng's 17/5/2 and 20/10 boozer, despite injuries, them n*ggas would be murderous
 7 years ago '10        #60
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19629 19629
Rose is overrated. It's obvious and by him winning MVP better means the Bulls get the coach of the year also. If not then that award has been officially watered down. More so than the unpopular belief of Steve Nash winning the damn thing over Kobe. Twice.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy