Mar 26 - Who Were the 10 Richest Black Americans in 2010?

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
82 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
258 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 kennboy1 said:
That's the thing, being an inventor, scientist and engineer requires education, which is the pivotal thing we're lacking right now. It requires above-average intelligence, knowing how to do math and calculations, knowing how to start businesses and patent things, etc. All that, and if you notice, some of these billionaires and multi-millionaires got that much money because of the internet. E.G. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerburg who all doubled and tripled their worth.

Mark went from 1. bill to 3-4 bill to 13 bill. Bill gates was once getting so much money it would be like $100,000 a second at one point, Apple stock is even passing Microsoft's. All these new billions are coming from the internet now, and other technology, and that's what we need to invest in. Most of the other billionaires are that because of the wealth their family accumulated through decades. And we didn't have that opportunity because most of the black African Americans, our ancestors, were in Slavery.

So when you don't have the education or knowledge to do these type of things and it's also suppressed by your environment and racism, what do you expect? But the difference is, NOW we do not have those same limits, we can also become billionaires or millionaires from the internet. And right now that's the future. We also need more of these rap cats to be less about stereotypes, negativity and stupidity and more about supporting us in our progress, especially us the children and youth.
The major thing is the family environment. Mark Zuckerburg owes all his learned knowledge of computers to his dad. If you read about his upbringing, you will see that Mark Zuckerburg was tought computer programming by his father, and his father also got him a tutor and had him designing programs for his dentist office that utilized similar technology as facebook. Tell me how many black family's have this type of opportunity.......

s**t, how many black kids even got a father lol...

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 03-26-2011 at 11:29 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #22
pele20 3 heat pts
space
space
$923 | Props total: 236 236
 ambush08861 said:
so wheres the rappers?
R u serious?
They are new money and don't have the same opportunities athletes have as far as endorsements... Most rappers are pretty low on this list... The only rappers that are mega-millionaires are the ones with their own SUCCESSFUL businesses.
 7 years ago '05        #23
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 kennboy1 said:
You have a point, but we aren't the only ones to blame.
who else is to blame? white people? Get a f**kin clue. If you stupid f**ks(by YOU, i don't mean black people, I mean ignorant worthless f**k's of all races) took responsibility for yourselves and did something worth a damn, this wouldn't be a problem. s**t parents raise s**t kids.

Last edited by Soprano ATL; 03-26-2011 at 11:43 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #24
HarlemzBishopJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,596 | Props total: 254 254
 kennboy1 said:
Exactly, not just rappers, all of us, if we came together and listen to those with great minds, MLK, Bill Cosby, etc we could do something. Great things, but it seems nobody wants to do that. And because of that, the ones with the great minds go ahead and do great things for themselves and their family. And sometimes your own family don't even listen to you. Alot of this is because of ourselves.

All these great leaders passed away, were murdered and we still didn't listen. That's why we're stuck in this place, but the thing is, y'all (boxden) don't have to be like them. Nobody here does. You dudes can go out and do whatever you want to do. You have those possibilities and opportunities. I just want to say to y'all because it's importance to know that, we need to stop acting stupid and start spreading love and wisdom to the youth. Invest in their futures and educations. And above those of us who are youthful/young like me, we need to listen to the voices of wisdom and be obedient. We need to rise above the occasion.
 7 years ago '05        #25
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 2209 2209
 VerballyAbusive said:
The major thing is the family environment. Mark Zuckerburg owes all his learned knowledge of computers to his dad. If you read about his upbringing, you will see that Mark Zuckerburg was tought computer programming by his father, and his father also got him a tutor and had him designing programs for his dentist office that utilized similar technology as facebook. Tell me how many black family's have this type of opportunity.......

This i co-sign as well, I live in an area where the most sucessful people are because of their families. My parents aint teach me s**t,i had to learn everything from the street and being out in the world, and it doesnt help that there are NO successful people in my family, everyone is f**ked up or to themselves in some way shape or form, meanwhile i got friends whose dad taught them how to do some trade or skill and now the kids got great jobs or running their own business. That is why things are the way they are.
 03-27-2011, 12:18 AM         #26
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:

Uh, all that s**t Zuckerberg was taught can be found online in books and tutorials for free. There are many cities that offer free or very cheap computer programming classes. Anybody that can get to a computer and has time to read can get this info. And plenty of black kids have fathers, and even if you don't, you shouldn't use that as an excuse, its okay for a 5 year old, but when you get 25 you still gonna be using the "i didn't have a father excuse". At some point you eventually have to start making grown man moves and stop making excuses. Your are not in chains, you are not slaves. It's almost like modern black ppl use the slavery excuse more than any of the previous generations. So let's stop acting like all these opportunities are so out of reach. If you ain't putting in the work in to make it happen then you shouldn't be complaining.
 03-27-2011, 12:22 AM         #27
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao this list is pathetic.
 03-27-2011, 12:26 AM         #28
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:

woeful excuse. my dad got me a programming tutor by age 6 or 7. by age 8,dude got fired cause i knew more about computers than he did. self-taught coder here, much like the worlds top coders.

its more about using your head not writing scripts.
 7 years ago '06        #29
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 palogee said:
BALL PLAYERS, ENTERTAINERS, REAL ESTATE AGENTS......... No Engineers, no doctors, no scientist, no computer programmers, no owners of oil.... Nothing... Just a bunch of Negros that were allowed to make some $$$. After people turn the station how rich are these people? What will they contribute to society once they are dead and gone?

George Washington Carver's creations are still being used till this day.

But I am sure BX, White and Black alike will say I'm just trippin. But if times got hard, what do you think these wealthy black folk will be able to do for us? John Deere provides tractors, Microsoft makes computers, as does Macintosh. Boeing will keep making airplanes but black people will only entertain....

And its a God Damned shame that one of our richest black people is an Ex wife of another of one off this list.... Out of all of us she is on top for being an Ex Wife....

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Congratulations Black people.
 7 years ago '04        #30
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 billieskeet said:
Uh, all that s**t Zuckerberg was taught can be found online in books and tutorials for free. There are many cities that offer free or very cheap computer programming classes. Anybody that can get to a computer and has time to read can get this info. And plenty of black kids have fathers, and even if you don't, you shouldn't use that as an excuse, its okay for a 5 year old, but when you get 25 you still gonna be using the "i didn't have a father excuse". At some point you eventually have to start making grown man moves and stop making excuses. Your are not in chains, you are not slaves. It's almost like modern black ppl use the slavery excuse more than any of the previous generations. So let's stop acting like all these opportunities are so out of reach. If you ain't putting in the work in to make it happen then you shouldn't be complaining.
It never amazes me how far some black people like you (if you're black) will go out of the way to try to discredit the reality of the situations . Yeah, many things can be taught in books but even so, don't you f**king think that if you have a father pushing the s**t and giving you TUTORS paid for and allowing you to experiment with the things you learned at his f**king DENTIST office that it's a f**king advantage?

I never made any excuses. All I did was portray REALITY and the sensitive blacks who want to ignore the reality come in here and say "oh, it can be taught in books"..WHO GIVES A f**k. WHITES STILL HAVE ADVANTAGES. WE GOTTA TEACH OURSELVES s**t AND TRY 30 TIMES HARDER FOR s**t GIVEN TO SOME OF THE MORE ADVANTAGED.

Furthermore, here's another dynamic: Mark Zuckerberg was also being recruited heavily by major corporations prior to him starting facebook...Let's just hypothetically say there was a black Zuckerberg, the way that we're programmed to be employees and not employers, the n*gga Zuckerberg probably would have jumped on the opportunity to work for the corporation as soon as it presented itself and there would be no facebook or at least not from an entrepreneurial sense.
 7 years ago '04        #31
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
 Perfectibilist said:
Yeah yeah yeah.....
Your only defense is to jump to that tired a.ss "uncle tom" nonsense. Where's your excuses now about how black people can't have anything in America?
f**k is this guys deal?

And I think that picture might have gone over your head....
 7 years ago '04        #32
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
woeful excuse. my dad got me a programming tutor by age 6 or 7. by age 8,dude got fired cause i knew more about computers than he did. self-taught coder here, much like the worlds top coders.

its more about using your head not writing scripts.
I made no excuses, just painted the reality of the situation for MANY many blacks, idiot. What are you talking about?
 7 years ago '04        #33
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 Perfectibilist said:
Yeah yeah yeah.....
Your only defense is to jump to that tired a.ss "uncle tom" nonsense. Where's your excuses now about how black people can't have anything in America?
Thats only 10 people! Thats like .000000000001 % of the whole black population dumba**!!!!
 7 years ago '07        #34
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Props to everyone on that list(aside from the ex wife b**ch ) for getting theirs.
 7 years ago '04        #35
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 Perfectibilist said:
So you're saying that those are the only rich black people in the America? You're a moron if you think that, you ignorant ****. Whose really the dumbass?
Those are the ten richest black people correct? But you're saying it like every black person can just magically make millions appear. If you go into that list, 6 of those top ten are people who have been in there chosen professions 25+ years. Meaning they didn't just magically get on that list. Bill Cosby has been in the entertainment business almost 60 years! Berry Gordy has been in it for about 50+ years. Bob Johnson has about 35 years. Please name me job that any of us could have for 60 years and end up on that list other than the jobs these folks have? My point is that you can't take that list and apply it to just anybody. Those folks were either the pioneers, pillars of, or the very best at what they do. This is the best of the best. Can anyone just enroll into med school? Can anyone just start working for NASA? Nope they can't. So therefore, in society there are those that are going to end up in a better position than others. Period!
 03-27-2011, 09:41 AM         #36
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
It never amazes me how far some black people like you (if you're black) will go out of the way to try to discredit the reality of the situations . Yeah, many things can be taught in books but even so, don't you f**king think that if you have a father pushing the s**t and giving you TUTORS paid for and allowing you to experiment with the things you learned at his f**king DENTIST office that it's a f**king advantage?

I never made any excuses. All I did was portray REALITY and the sensitive blacks who want to ignore the reality come in here and say "oh, it can be taught in books"..WHO GIVES A f**k. WHITES STILL HAVE ADVANTAGES. WE GOTTA TEACH OURSELVES s**t AND TRY 30 TIMES HARDER FOR s**t GIVEN TO SOME OF THE MORE ADVANTAGED.

Furthermore, here's another dynamic: Mark Zuckerberg was also being recruited heavily by major corporations prior to him starting facebook...Let's just hypothetically say there was a black Zuckerberg, the way that we're programmed to be employees and not employers, the n*gga Zuckerberg probably would have jumped on the opportunity to work for the corporation as soon as it presented itself and there would be no facebook or at least not from an entrepreneurial sense.
Sure, having a father helps, but if you don't then what, you just quit? The richest person on that list didn't come from a great family, even got r*ped by some close, got preg at 14, you think she sat around and made excuses about how bad a hand she was dealt or how hard it is for black ppl? Naw, she got up off her a.ss, put her excuses and reasons for her not to succeed to the side and put herself in position to make power moves. You don't think she saw the nickel and could have easily just went to work for someone and made a few million and be set. She went for the dime because in the long run she knew that if she put herself in a power position so she could control her destiny, no matter what disadvantages she had. There are successful black ppl in America who it ten times worse than anybody on this board, but I bet they're not still making slavery, not having a father, f**k the white ppl excuses. If you want a black Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Donald Trump so bad, why don't you strive to become that?
 7 years ago '08        #37
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 palogee said:
BALL PLAYERS, ENTERTAINERS, REAL ESTATE AGENTS......... No Engineers, no doctors, no scientist, no computer programmers, no owners of oil.... Nothing... Just a bunch of Negros that were allowed to make some $$$. After people turn the station how rich are these people? What will they contribute to society once they are dead and gone?

But I am sure BX, White and Black alike will say I'm just trippin. But if times got hard, what do you think these wealthy black folk will be able to do for us? John Deere provides tractors, Microsoft makes computers, as does Macintosh. Boeing will keep making airplanes but black people will only entertain....

And its a God Damned shame that one of our richest black people is an Ex wife of another of one off this list.... Out of all of us she is on top for being an Ex Wife....

cant even argue with this....
 7 years ago '08        #38
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 12284 12284
 palogee said:

I've had this same conversation several times with friends and relatives. They always think I am tripping when I say that wealthy blacks have made it through entertaining whites. I get accused of being militant.
 7 years ago '05        #39
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 CA$H MONEY said:
Those are the ten richest black people correct? But you're saying it like every black person can just magically make millions appear. If you go into that list, 6 of those top ten are people who have been in there chosen professions 25+ years. Meaning they didn't just magically get on that list. Bill Cosby has been in the entertainment business almost 60 years! Berry Gordy has been in it for about 50+ years. Bob Johnson has about 35 years. Please name me job that any of us could have for 60 years and end up on that list other than the jobs these folks have? My point is that you can't take that list and apply it to just anybody. Those folks were either the pioneers, pillars of, or the very best at what they do. This is the best of the best. Can anyone just enroll into med school? Can anyone just start working for NASA? Nope they can't. So therefore, in society there are those that are going to end up in a better position than others. Period!
Good point.
 7 years ago '04        #40
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 palogee said:

I'm not black but this is a powerful post
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
127 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy