UFC fight night live - Nogueira Vs. Davis - TONIGHT ON SPIKE

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Main Card Winners?
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira 5 21.74%
Phil Davis 16 69.57%
Dan Hardy 7 30.43%
Anthony Johnson 12 52.17%
Amir Sadolla 12 52.17%
Damarques Johnson 5 21.74%
Leonard Garcia 7 30.43%
Chan Sung Jung 12 52.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #201
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
Davis struggled taking Nog down for half the f!ght... Bader took him down with ease... Just sayin...
 7 years ago '05        #202
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
 Russ369 said:
Davis struggled taking Nog down for half the f!ght... Bader took him down with ease... Just sayin...
Lil Nog stuffed most of Bader's takedowns as well...Bader got 5 takedowns on Lil Nog, but attempted 16 (31%)...difference was Bader implemented better GnP...Davis landed 4 of 11 (36%) takedowns...

on another note: people, Davis took this f!ght on 5 weeks notice...about 1 year ago, Bones turned down Lil Nog on short notice......so he should get props for stepping up against a tough opponent...

Ortiz pulled out of this f!ght and Davis stepped in and was only able to have a 5 week camp...

anyone that can beat Lil Nog on 5 weeks notice has done themselves a favor...this is his 3rd time f!ghting on short notice and he still hasn't lost...5th f!ght in 13 months...

Last edited by MysticKJ; 03-27-2011 at 11:19 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #203
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
 Gattsau said:
hmm why the shot at jones? we know hes not scared to f!ght on short notice.

he compellty demolished the lhw champ on short notice .

also if memory serves me correct the reason he turned down the f!ght was he wasnt trying at all after vera because he was home with his child who was sick.
i didn't take a shot at Bones...Bones is cool in my book...i did say Davis should get props for stepping up tho...whatever the reason was back then, Bones didn't...
... Bones and his camp didn't want that f!ght on short notice because he hadn't been in the gym in awhile for whatever reason...doesn't mean he is scared, timing just wasn't right...

i also gave props to Bones for stepping up against Shogun when Rampage couldn't in another thread...

Davis has repeatedly fought on short notice...i was just addressing all the "not impressed" posts...

Last edited by MysticKJ; 03-27-2011 at 11:35 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #204
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
I previously said while Davis was being praised after Bones k!lled Shogun that I need to see more. Well I saw what I saw last night and he would get DESTROYED by Bones if they fought. Davis hands is TRASH I'm not taking nothing away from Lil Nog cause he has cool standup but Davis standup is doo doo Davis is too slow for Bones. When he got the takedowns he really didnt impress me either he some nice strikes while on top in the 2nd round towards the end of the round but thats it. I'm not wrting him off he's obviously raw talent right now. I'm just sayin he has a lot of room for improvement before even comparing him to Bones Jones
 7 years ago '07        #205
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,410 | Props total: 2527 2527
 Basicgz said:
I previously said while Davis was being praised after Bones k!lled Shogun that I need to see more. Well I saw what I saw last night and he would get DESTROYED by Bones if they fought. Davis hands is TRASH I'm not taking nothing away from Lil Nog cause he has cool standup but Davis standup is doo doo Davis is too slow for Bones. When he got the takedowns he really didnt impress me either he some nice strikes while on top in the 2nd round towards the end of the round but thats it. I'm not wrting him off he's obviously raw talent right now. I'm just sayin he has a lot of room for improvement before even comparing him to Bones Jones
Well I think the number one problem of this Phil Davis and Jon Jones debate that's going is that many people are analyzing the situation unilaterally. Phil Davis is going to be a monster, and he's improving exponentially. Lil Nog was a strong test for Phil Davis, and he had good reason to be wary of Lil Nog's hands. I think he handled himself well, and even showed that he could take a few shots... but I feel like a lot of people are putting too much emphasis on Phil Davis's potential, and not enough on Jon Jones's.

A poster here said that Phil Davis and Jon Jones were in similar points in there career when Bones fought Bonnar... and honestly that couldn't be any further from the truth. Phil Davis and Jon Jones actually began training MMA at around the same time. Jon Jones started f!ghting MMA in April of '08 and Phil Davis started in October '08. Bones's first four f!ghts spanned over a time period of roughly one month lol... So if you're going to compare them with a timeline, they actually are at similar points in their training timeline

Jon Jones dominated Bonnar, and only lost around because he gassed. He wasn't with a legitimate (pro) camp and he learned his strikes from YOUTUBE. Jon Jones, like Phil Davis improves exponentially with every f!ght he f!ghts, so Phil Davis is going to be playing catchup...

And then Phil Davis has one more thing to worry about... Bones's unpredictability. One thing I noticed that no one on here was talking about was actually how hard Bones's flying knee at the very beginning of the f!ght landed on shogun

[pic - click to view]

He crushed Shogun with that, and not only is he unpredicable, but he's very creative... Lateral drops
[pic - click to view]

, his signature takedown fake into the spinning elbow
[pic - click to view]

, Harai Goshi
[pic - click to view]

In short, anyone who has to deal with Jon Jones is gonna have a lot on plate, especially when he starts tightening up his technique
 7 years ago '08        #206
OzzieCanseco 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,340 | Props total: 111 111
Damn I went to this last night and just found out who won
 7 years ago '04        #207
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,070 | Props total: 6137 6137
Davis isnt ready for a title shot hes got a ways to go. He just has good wrestling and thats it right now. A f!ghter like Jones would destroy him on the feet
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy