Rumor: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Paul Spadafora in Discussions

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-25-2011, 03:32 AM         #1
8774 pageviews
108 comments

TampaBay Bucs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rumor: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Paul Spadafora in Discussions

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Paul Spadafora in Discussions
By Steve Kim, MaxBoxing (March 25, 2011) Special to Doghouse Boxing

A couple of sources told me on Thursday afternoon that there are discussions involving a bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Paul Spadafora for the summer and that HBO would give its blessing because, quite frankly, they have no other choice.

What’s not clear is just how Mayweather’s legal status plays into all this.

Folks on the “Spaddy” side believe that there is a great chance this f!ght will become a reality. As for Mayweather, who the hell knows?

I can be reached at k9kim@yahoo.com and I tweet at
[pic - click to view]

Steve Kim (stevemaxboxing) on Twitter. We also have a Facebook fan page at
[pic - click to view]

Maxboxing.com | Facebook.

* Special Thanks To MaxBoxing.

[pic - click to view]

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Paul Spadafora in Discussions - Boxing News

Update....

Mayweather vs Spadafora: The Pittsburgh Kid is Ready

By Rick Reeno

Michael Acri, promoter of unbeaten junior welterweight/welterweight contender Paul "Pittsburgh Kid" Spadafora (45-0, 19KOs), spoke to BoxingScene.com regarding the industry rumors that his f!ghter is in line for a possible summer showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25KOs). According to Acri, there have been a few discussions for a potential Mayweather-Spadafora clash in the month of July.

Acri was approached by promoter Don King, and a few others who are connected to Mayweather. The history between Mayweather and Spadafora dates back to ten years ago, when they clashed in a Las Vegas gym. The infamous sparring session was captured on video and widely circulated all over the internet. Spadafora got the better of Mayweather in their gym collision. Floyd has always maintained that he wasn't in shape when the sparring session took place, while Spadafora was actively training for a scheduled f!ght.

"I was approached about the f!ght. I spoke with Don and a few other people [connected to Mayweather]. Paul is interested in the f!ght. He's wanted this f!ght for a very long time. Paul is ready to finish what he started ten years ago. We'll see what happens," Acri told BoxingScene.com.

Mayweather has yet to overcome several pending legal matters in the city of Las Vegas. Any potential f!ght, Spadafora or otherwise, is resting on the outcome of Mayweather's courtroom drama.

[pic - click to view]

Mayweather vs Spadafora: The Pittsburgh Kid is Ready - Boxing News

Mayweather vs. Spadafora in July?

March 25th, 2011

By Daniel Echevarria: Hey f!ght Fans news is circulating like wild fire about a possible f!ght between “The Scientist” Floyd “Money” Mayweather and unbeaten “The Pittsburgh Kid” Paul Spadafora. The history of these two f!ghters dates back ten years ago when they clashed in a Las Vegas Gym in which video was captured that can be found on YOUTUBE which many say Spadafora got the best of Mayweather which Floyd claims he wasn’t in shape at the time.

Michael Acri promoter of Paul Spadafora has gone on record saying he has been approached by Don King and others connected to Mayweather for a possible f!ght in July and Paul is interested in finishing what he started ten years ago. f!ght Fans this is obviously a tune up f!ght let’s not play dumb here OK but check out the video of the f!ght on YOUTUBE and here is some info on “The Pittsburgh Kid” Paul Spadafora – Known as “The Pittsburgh Kid”, Spadafora hails from a borough outside of Pittsburgh named McKees Rocks.Spadafora had a fruitful amateur career, winning 75 of 80 bouts. His dreams of becoming a professional boxer were almost dashed before he turned professional:

According to the official reports, Spadafora was traveling in a car that was driven by a friend. When his friend began to go over the speed limit, he was chased by a cop. Since the driver refused to stop, the cop fired a shot, hitting Spadafora in the achilles’ tendon . On October 18, 1995, Spadafora made his professional debut, winning a four round knockout of Steve Maddux. He won a total of four f!ghts in his initial year.In 1996, he fought eight times, winning all, six by knockout. In 1997, he fought six times, but his percentage of knockout wins dropped considerably when he only won two of those six bouts by knockout.In 1998, he continued his winning ways throughout the year, winning all six bouts, three by knockout. One of the aforementioned KO’s took place on the exhibition bout card, featuring long retired veteran Dan Maloney and Tim Witherspoon.

He began 1999 by raising his quality of opposition, facing the veteran Rocky Martinez. He won that f!ght by a unanimous decision, and after one more win he and Israel Cardona met in Chester for the I.B.F.’s vacant world crown on August 20. An underdog in the betting lines, Spadafora nevertheless became world champion, defeating Cardona in a 12 round decision. Then he retained the title with an 11 round knockout of Renato Cornett to finish the year.He opened 2000 with a 12 round decision over Victoriano Sosa to retain the title, and subsequently defended his title again by knockout over Mike Griffith in round 11, and beat Billy Irwin in a 12 round decision to close the year. By 2001, Spadafora was already a regular on the HBO Boxing television show. He retained the title with a 12 round decision over Joel Perez and won one non-title f!ght that year.

He began 2002 by retaining his title over Angel Manfredy with a 12 round decision. His only other bout that year was a 12 round decision win over Dennis Holbaek, also with his world title on the line.

In 2003, Spadafora and WBA world champion Leonard Dorin decided to meet to try to unify their world titles. They met on May 18, but the f!ght was declared a draw (tie), both boxers remaining as world champions in their respective organizations.

[pic - click to view]

Mayweather vs. Spadafora in July?

Last edited by TampaBay Bucs; 03-25-2011 at 07:11 PM..

108 comments for "Rumor: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Paul Spadafora in Discussions"

03-25-2011, 04:02 AM         #2
aftrmath959  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #3
damn_ryght 
space
space
$2,805 | Props total: 785 785
^
this....
 7 years ago '04        #4
Tha-Problem 
space
space
$942 | Props total: 0 0
Floyd vs. Who???

C'mon son
 7 years ago '06        #5
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
Hope this s**t is fake...floyd wouldn't f!ght him when some thought he was a threat and the public wanted the f!ght after their sparring session 10+ years ago but now he wants to f!ght him when hes a washed up nobody?

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #6
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 7 years ago '06        #7
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
He still f!ghting these nobody's and easy picked f!ghters.
 7 years ago '04        #8
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 1850 1850
WILL NOT WATCH.... im tired of this cat & mouse s**t lets get that real f!ght poppin all that other s**t is meaningless
 7 years ago '11        #9
shadiboe 2 heat pts
space
space
$211 | Props total: 346 346
Spadafora is undefeated and is gonna bring it, I give it to mayweather in 8 just like the hatton f!ght
 7 years ago '07        #10
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
 philly337 said:
Hope this s**t is fake...floyd wouldn't f!ght him when some thought he was a threat and the public wanted the f!ght after their sparring session 10+ years ago but now he wants to f!ght him when hes a washed up nobody?

how many people did mayweather spar with that day?
 7 years ago '06        #11
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
 Eddie.. said:
how many people did mayweather spar with that day?
we all know floyd was out of shape and ever other excuse in the book....the point it's when that video got released "SOME" thought hed give may problems and almost everybody atleast wanted to see the f!ght...and just like cotto and just like pacman he never made the f!ght. Now he wants to makes the f!ght 10+ years later when nobody is interested and spedafora is a nobody now?

Like I said...hope it's fake cause it will make him look like a b**ch
 7 years ago '05        #12
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
this pus*y stays dodgin if it aint clear then ya n*ggas is dillusional
 7 years ago '07        #13
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
 philly337 said:
we all know floyd was out of shape and ever other excuse in the book....the point it's when that video got released "SOME" thought hed give may problems and almost everybody atleast wanted to see the f!ght...and just like cotto and just like pacman he never made the f!ght. Now he wants to makes the f!ght 10+ years later when nobody is interested and spedafora is a nobody now?

Like I said...hope it's fake cause it will make him look like a b**ch
floyd spars with multiple people during his sparring sessions

you and whoever was hyped off this vid just had empty hopes

Floyd has never looked gassed in a f!ght, I would love for you to show me a situation where he did. You are making absolutely no sense right now.
 7 years ago '09        #14
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 2772 2772
LOL this is a joke. But it kind of makes sense in a way. I remember this radio host I listened to late night sports talk while doing security said, "the job of the promoters of these boxers is put someone in the ring that your f!ghter can beat" so it's not only Floyd dodging Pacman, his people don't have the confidence that he can beat him, and I think he could. But if this leads up to him f!ghting Pacman, then I am all for it, he has not had a f!ght since he fought Shane Mosely, hopefully this could be a warm up f!ght before he f!ghts Pacman.
 7 years ago '06        #15
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,480 | Props total: 257 257
Good f!ght. I'll watch Floyd f!ght anybody, Damn ya'll hate on Floyd no matter what he do or who he f!ghts.
 7 years ago '05        #16
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
If you read the article, it's completely speculation, I doubt this f!ght happens, and I doubt any talks have begun..
 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM         #17
Trill Clinton  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...f**king Spadafora?
 7 years ago '04        #18
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 1850 1850
 NOCCOWT said:
Good f!ght. I'll watch Floyd f!ght anybody, Damn ya'll hate on Floyd no matter what he do or who he f!ghts.
or maybe we would just rather see the most anticipated f!ght in boxing instead
 7 years ago '05        #19
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
On top of the fact that Paul is washed the f**k up, NO ONE knows who this guy is outside of boxing fans(Hell, he's unknown to alot of boxing fans also)

this makes no business sense at all. Atleast f!ght berto or something
 7 years ago '05        #20
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
if it happened it be like pac vs clottley

spad would do it just for the payday
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy