Stan Van Gundy: The media has already decided that Rose is MVP

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
6536 pageviews
147 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Stan Van Gundy: The media has already decided that Rose is MVP

Stan Van Gundy believes the MVP race is already over, and Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls is going to win it.

"I don't think it's wide open. The media seems to have made their decision, and they're the ones that vote. So I think it's over,"
Van Gundy said Wednesday night as his Orlando Magic prepared to play the New York Knicks. "I mean, I just listen and read. I think it's over. Derrick Rose has it. I haven't really read or heard a media guy who is going another way at this point. I'd be shocked if he doesn't win it."

Votes from selected sportswriters and broadcasters are due back at the league office on Thursday, April 14 -- the day after the regular season ends. The award is announced at some point during the playoffs. Last year, LeBron James received 116 of 123 first-place votes.

Van Gundy has openly campaigned for Dwight Howard, who is scoring 23.0 points per game -- 1.9 fewer points than Rose. Howard is also second in the league in rebounding (14.3 per game), field goal percent (60 percent) and blocks (2.43).

The Magic began the night with a record of 45-26, only five fewer victories than they had after 71 games last season.

Howard himself acknowledged Wednesday night that Rose is indeed the favorite to win the award, having led the Bulls into first place in the Eastern Conference. Rose is averaging 24.9 points (seventh in the NBA) and 7.8 a.ssists (10th) for a team that has had success despite missing Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah for long stretches of the season. Also, Rose has become a much better 3-point shooter, making 112 shots from long range this season after making just 32 total over his first two NBA seasons.

"Look, and I've said this before, to me, with his rebounding his scoring and his defense, I don't think there's anybody that impacts as many possessions in a game as Dwight does," Van Gundy said. "I think Derrick Rose has been great. I'll have no problem at all if Derrick Rose wins the MVP. They've got the best record in the East, he's been clearly their leader. You can make a great case for him.

"I think it's a hard choice to make, he's been great. But, I still don't think anyone impacts as many possessions a game as Dwight does.

Magic a.ssistant coach Patrick Ewing seconded Van Gundy's opinion: "Everyone's talking about Derrick Rose. Not to take anything away from him; he's having a fantastic year, too. But they need to start putting Dwight Howard's name in the mix. Without him, who knows where we would be?"

[pic - click to view]

Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy says media already picked Derrick Rose as MVP - ESPN Chicago

[pic - click to view]

147 comments for "Stan Van Gundy: The media has already decided that Rose is MVP"

03-24-2011, 04:28 PM         #2
Everest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rose is MVP
 7 years ago '07        #3
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,651 | Props total: 70236 70236
Stan is right...

I been sayin this, the media has been pushin for rose since december.

i think the media just refuse to favor lebron now he plays with wade.

Rose is doin his thing and so is dwight. But the media is sayin rose, rose, rose without even thinking.

Sorta like blake in the dunk contest
Lurker gave props

7 years ago '07        #4
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
f**k David Stern

but Rose is MVP though. Boozer missed some time in the beginning of the season and they've been holding their own.

Then Noah went down at some point in December and still managed to hold up. They dealt with injuries to key players and still maintained a top 3 seed in the East and swept Miami, beaten the Lakers, beaten ATL I guess

Don't know if they've beaten the Celtics though. But Rose does deserve MVP and Thibodeau for COTY.

Last edited by Adam Is BeTTeR; 03-24-2011 at 04:40 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #5
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Who cares, only Finals MVP really matters.
 7 years ago '04        #6
Jaysin_305 78 heat pts78
space
space
$3,312 | Props total: 255 255
dwight should get the mvp he puts in more work , derrick is great but he has boozer and noah

and people/media where saying rose's shot is getting better he can shoot the 3 now he should contend for mvp next sesason they were calling it before the season started stan is 10000 percent right

Last edited by Jaysin_305; 03-24-2011 at 04:50 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
This n*gga aint gonna stop until they blackball his dumb a.ss like his brother. Gonna be over commentating like his brother too.
 03-24-2011, 04:52 PM         #8
WordisBond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
Who cares, only Finals MVP really matters.
oh really
 03-24-2011, 04:54 PM         #9
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
David Stern taking the trophy out of Dwight hands because Gundy is his coach.
 7 years ago '07        #10
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,398 | Props total: 13087 13087
he means to make people second guess themselves by saying this, but he's such a whiney b**ch that it'll probably have the opposite effect
 7 years ago '07        #11
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30490 30490
If Rose doesn't play well, media not gonna vote for him.
 7 years ago '05        #12
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,737 | Props total: 12561 12561
Why is this n*gga Stan always b**ching about something every f**kin week?
 7 years ago '08        #13
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,137 | Props total: 2863 2863
Have people not been watching Rozay play this year?? It's not even a question in my mind that he is MVP, especially with the games Noah and Boozer have missed.
 7 years ago '05        #14
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,295 | Props total: 1106 1106
Not saying Rose is not playing great this season but take Dwight Howard off the Magic and they might be top 5 worst team in the NBA.
 7 years ago '04        #15
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
he is kinda right. they been saying rose for mvp since at least december/january. not saying he doesn't deserve it but it does look that way

if dwight isn't at least 2nd place then
 7 years ago '04        #16
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Rose: 67 Games
Boozer: 47 Games
Noah: 39 Games

Preseason MVP voting:

Who will win the 2010-11 Kia MVP Award?
1. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City 66.7%
2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 25.9%
Also receiving votes:
Dwight Howard, Orlando; LeBron James, Miami

u talk about games played as if Howard isn't playing with a completely different squad after that trade
 03-24-2011, 05:13 PM         #17
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people fail to realize how powerful the media is. They literally brainwash the casual basketball fan. The media would go one for months about how dwight is the mvp and I guarantee you people on boxden would be saying the same dwight shoud be mvp. The media wants rose to win mvp so they are brainwashing the casual basketball in to believing this...Most of boxden are casual basketball fans

A perfect example is kevin durant. One one point the media had the casual basketball fans thinking durant was a top 2 player in the nba and people were even saying hes better than lebron, well only casual basketball fans. once the media stopped talking about durant these same people all of sudden stopped with the stupidity. A casual basketball fan is like a nice girl. You can tell them anything over and over and they will start to believe it
 7 years ago '06        #18
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 WordisBond said:
oh really
Does Lebron's 2 regular season MVP's mean anything to you
 7 years ago '04        #19
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Jaysin_305 said:
dwight should get the mvp he puts in more work , derrick is great but he has boozer and noah

and people/media where saying rose's shot is getting better he can shoot the 3 now he should contend for mvp next sesason they were calling it before the season started stan is 10000 percent right
Boozer and Noah has been injured for 50+ games COMBINED...And Rose had to play about 6-7 games without Boozer and Noah in the lineup...This was the lineup without both of them...

Rose
Bogans
Deng
Gibson
Thomas

Now take Rose out of that lineup...Who's gonna be the playmaker of that team? Who's gonna get others involved in scoring? Who's gonna cause the defenders to collapse, giving up all kinds of open opportunities for everyone else? This even applies to if Boozer and Noah was healthy all season...

And Orlando never had to deal with any major injuries throughout the whole season...Even if someone on Orlando was injured, they didn't have injuries that kept them out for a significant amount of time like Boozer and Noah...

Can't no one tell me, or any other Bulls fan about who we have when we've had to deal with injuries all season...Or tell us that we don't know what we are talking about, when we guys don't watch Bulls games..
 7 years ago '04        #20
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Mysteryman said:
Not saying Rose is not playing great this season but take Dwight Howard off the Magic and they might be top 5 worst team in the NBA.
Take Rose off the Bulls along with Noah and Boozer being injured this season, the Bulls will be much worse than Orlando without Howard...And that's a fact...
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy