Scouts See Key Flaws In BYU Shooting Guard Jimmer Fredette's Game That Could Dog Him In the NBA.

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #101
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,879 | Props total: 19 19
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The first statement is true but its also college basketball. It wont be as easy to do that in the NBA where the players are bigger, faster and more skilled. If it was every player that gets all this hype yearly would be an NBA star or even a great role player. I like to look at his situation as kinda Steve Alford like. Which leads me to the next statement

You're right we dont know what he'll be in the NBA. All we can do is base it off the skills we see against what we would consider other NBA caliber players he faces and how much of his game will translate. Guess we'll have to see in 2 or 3 years.
yea i feel ya...but remember that a few, which he does seem like one of those players, put on the right team and around the right players, kids that translate to the NBA sometime do become better in the NBA unlike those of Adam Morrison types that fall off. He has the talent to be an elite shooter and 2 gaurd. Will he ever be a D Wade, hell no but he can def contribute to any team in the NBA....match him up with the heat or lakers, etc. right now and they would be way better off. Besides Kobe, there isnt a player on the lakers that has the shot that Jimmer has and No one on that Heat team(in which i pull for) can drop the 3 like Fredette. But as we both agreed on, wont know til he gets to the NBA.
 7 years ago '10        #102
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Imagin3 said:
this dude is a senior, hes been ballin for years and is experienced on the college level
but all that is done when he goes to the league
and EVERY body is faster, stronger, taller and jumps higher than him
i'd bet anyone that hes gonna suck in the league and thats not crucifying him
thats just being honest.
there are plenty of players that everyone has always thought would be straight trash in the NBA and they have proved them wrong. Like you have yours, i have my opinion as well. Im not saying he is going to be a person you build a team around like a Kobe, lebron, d wade, durant, etc. but i think he will get his pt and stats for what he does.

i mean if nothing else tell him to spot up in the corner and drop that 3 like Ray Allen does night after night.
 7 years ago '09        #103
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 eightytyson06 said:
"I watched Jackson Emery (the other BYU guard) out there and he's guarding like one and a half guys. I don't think I've ever seen (Fredette) bend his knees at the defensive end."
I thought about dropping this quote from espn but I didnt think too many here wanted think others thought that way. Would have been like telling them there's no easter bunny
 7 years ago '07        #104
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,836 | Props total: 2103 2103
Yall ppl would've found somethin wrong with Pistol Pete. GTFOH!

Last edited by JordanWest86; 03-22-2011 at 04:30 PM..
 03-22-2011, 04:36 PM         #105
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xRapHeadx said:

[pic - click to view]

why do people keep say curry isnt athletic...because he cant leap out the gym?

anyway jimmer will be ok, hell jsut be avg tho
 7 years ago '07        #106
Captain Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,006 | Props total: 7506 7506
kid is a eddie house clone
 7 years ago '07        #107
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I thought about dropping this quote from espn but I didnt think too many here wanted think others thought that way. Would have been like telling them there's no easter bunny
that quote was right though he doesn't play defense ... but a lot of players in the NBA don't either. Fredette will be fine.
 7 years ago '04        #108
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,289 | Props total: 11210 11210
i don't trust mormons, i'm sorry. stay outta PDX.
 7 years ago '07        #109
Barnone254 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,670 | Props total: 1165 1165
 iggyemu said:
He's JJ Red!ck. His shooting will help a contending team.
This and I think Jimmer is just a bit better in college than red!ck was (and yes duke nutriders I know Red!ck was breaking all time records his last year there)
 7 years ago '10        #110
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
y the f**k do people call him a shooting guard

how many 6'1 SGs are in the league?
 7 years ago '10        #111
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
@ this BS

Nash doesn't attempt to guard anyone, he plays scarecrow defense.

There are plenty of players in the NBA who can't defend and have made millions in the NBA

Nash
Dirk
Amare
Bosh
Boozer
Melo

I could go for days. There are plenty of teams who do it. As long as Fredette makes shots and passes alright, he could play 30mpg on a team.

And @ the Lakers fan who's still delusional that Fredette couldn't do what Fisher does RIGHT NOW.

Like I said, if Jimmer was black, he'd be a Top-5 pick.
Bosh & Amare are decent defenders
 7 years ago '08        #112
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
Jimmer is taller than Fisher, f**k outta here with undersized :lachen001:

There's always a spot for shooters in the NBA to say he can't crack a rotation and make a contribution is flat out moronic
That Guy Fly gave props

7 years ago '04        #113
Charlie 
space
space
space
$367 | Props total: 9 9
Jimmer reminds me of Jack Mclinton... What happened to him?
 7 years ago '09        #114
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,636 | Props total: 2744 2744
He will be an explosive scorer off the bench like Nate Robinson, ain't no doubt he can shoot the lights out, but he won't be a star instantly, but things could change over time.
That Guy Fly gave props

03-22-2011, 09:08 PM         #115
malikmoore9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he is just another Adam Morrison or JJ Red!ck all he can do is shoot and that translates well in the college game. but the NBA if he is on the end of a Lebron pass he may win a title.
 7 years ago '09        #116
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
Once again, the cant defend at all. He doesnt even try!!! Do you guys watch the games? Maybe he will once in the NBA but if he doesnt he wont be around long. You have to at least attempt to guard and he doesnt even do that. I'm not the only one that sees it. Go read your fave sportswriter or NBA internet scouts report since you dont listen to me and they say the same thing.

Stop being blinded by his shooting and knack for scoring. There's more to the game especially in the NBA. I'm done with it actually. Let's just wait and see what happens with him.
 7 years ago '06        #117
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
He's a white Eddie House...stick him on a contender and he's nasty.
 7 years ago '06        #118
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
 DurtySoufReppin said:
Bosh & Amare are decent defenders
 7 years ago '10        #119
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8130 8130
This dude will be a marginal player in the NBA, there is a reason why guys like Jimmer, Adam morrison, JJ red!ck, gordon heyward, and Kyle Singler ball in college

All the good players their age are already in the NBA
 7 years ago '10        #120
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Nautilus O said:
This dude will be a marginal player in the NBA, there is a reason why guys like Jimmer, Adam morrison, JJ red!ck, gordon heyward, and Kyle Singler ball in college

All the good players their age are already in the NBA
what the hell does all the good players their age bein in the NBA already(which i call bullsh*t) have to do with their ability to score?

name me a player that was their age thats in the NBA that has the shot of either JJ or Jimmer? yea it aint gonna happen.

and jimmer can drive the lane in which redd!ck cant so he already looks to do better than JJ.

as one dude stated earlier, if he was black yall would be all over his nutsack. give the kid a chance.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago