Scouts See Key Flaws In BYU Shooting Guard Jimmer Fredette's Game That Could Dog Him In the NBA.

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
44 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #81
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
 luckluck said:
Best case scenario for Jimmer's career............

[pic - click to view]

Thats just disrespectful to Steve Kerr. You n*ggas need to go back and watch some games. Steve Kerr played basketball before he was on the Bulls and Spurs you know. Had a helluva college career too.
 7 years ago '05        #82
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
this dude wont be shyt in the nba.
 7 years ago '09        #83
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Dude finished with 4 rings and been scrawny since day 1.

People acting like Jimmer won't amount to s**t, when that boy be hitting threes in his sleep. If you can shoot threes, you can play in the NBA.

Everyone forgetting about Mark Price too. 6'0, 165-170 lbs. Great player. Smart as f**k, good shooter, good distributor.
Other than being White where does Jimmer compare to Price. Mark Price during his time was considered one of the top PGs in the game. Jimmer isnt anywhere as good now as Price was coming into the league out of Georgia Tech.

People stop it with this great passer and ballhandler s**t with Jimmer. I like Jimmer's game and think he is a damn good scorer in college basketball but you are sadly mistaken ifyou think his average handle, vision and passing gets by in the NBA. If he goes to work real hard on those skills then he can be successful.

Just not as he is currently constructed
 7 years ago '06        #84
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
n*gga, what the f**k does Fisher do well right now besides shooting? Shouldn't be in the discussion because of he's done in his career. He's still bigger, stronger, more athletic, and is tough as nails.

What does Mo do well besides shooting? Handles waaay better, more explosive off the dribble, good passer, floor general, good mid range game, can get to the cup, more athletic, better defender

What does Jameer do well besides shooting? Handles waaay better, more explosive of the dribble, floor general, good midrange game, can get to the cup, more athletic, better defender

Curry, I'll give you. Are you s**tting me? You give me Curry and b**ch about two all-stars???

There is not a huge difference between any of their games. Fredette is a better pure shooter than all of those guys except Curry. You telling me he couldn't do what Fisher does right now, but better? Hit open threes, get abused on defense. Get real.
I'm telling you no. Fish has been doing it a long time and Jimmer has to prove that. Fish has the size to on occasions guard twos in the league. You telling me Jimmer could survive guarding just the pg spot?
 7 years ago '05        #85
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
Same s**t from BX

"I've never actually seen him play, but he's white and was good in college, so he'll suck in the NBA"

You a**holes dont know who is gonna be good and not, if you did you'd be scouts instead of living in your moms basement...
 7 years ago '06        #86
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Main Event said:
And Jimmer can't do that now

There is not 1 thing you just said that Jimmer can't do and i guarantee i've seen him play more than you have, he's a damn good passer. Blake has mediocre handles chill with that

Steve Blake is a bum that backs up a guy who is a borderline bum, but Jimmer couldnt see minutes? OK guy

There are plenty of guys stealing checks in the league by hiding on good teams and behind great players. Steve Blake just may be one of those players. If that's what you want for Jimmer...have at it. He'll just be another "name" with tales of NCAA greatness floating around the league taking up space on the roster...

He wouldn't see the floor with Blake, a proven vet in the rotation. He'd be carrying his bags and watching the games from behind the bench.
 7 years ago '09        #87
space
space
I don't see how anybody that has watched Jimmer play don't see the glaring smack you in the face s**tty defense he has. Nobody is putting a guy on the floor for long periods that doesnt defend. Its long stretches of the game when Jimmer doesnt even attempt to guard. s**t, even Steve Nash attempts to guard.
 7 years ago '06        #88
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:
Same s**t from BX

"I've never actually seen him play, but he's white and was good in college, so he'll suck in the NBA"

You a**holes dont know who is gonna be good and not, if you did you'd be scouts instead of living in your moms basement...
I own my own house and live with my wife. Been following basketball my whole life and know I just as much about the game as the next man...Skin color has nothing to do with it. Jimmer Fredete is a one trick pony who's undersized even for the 1.

In my opinion, he won't be in the league for very long.
 7 years ago '06        #89
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Thats just disrespectful to Steve Kerr. You n*ggas need to go back and watch some games. Steve Kerr played basketball before he was on the Bulls and Spurs you know. Had a helluva college career too.
How is it disrespectful to Steve Kerr to think that Jimmer could play the same type of role that Kerr did? A spot shooter off the bench who can give you a spark and hit key shots at important spots in the game. That's disrespectful?

And you actin like Kerr was a beast at some point in his career. That man's career high was 8.6 ppg.
 7 years ago '09        #90
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:
Same s**t from BX

You should have quoted the clown that said that. It would have validated your statements just now. As for now you look like the typical comes into threads, sees people dont agree with them and begins to take shots at them for having an opinion poster. It's okay to disagree but dont be mad at those that do disagree with you.
 7 years ago '09        #91
space
space
 luckluck said:
How is it disrespectful to Steve Kerr to think that Jimmer could play the same type of role that Kerr did? A spot shooter off the bench who can give you a spark and hit key shots at important spots in the game. That's disrespectful?

And you actin like Kerr was a beast at some point in his career. That man's career high was 8.6 ppg.
I never said he was a beast in the league. I was giving my opinion from watching the guy play for years. Jimmer isnt close to the player he was and I'm not just looking at the points.
 7 years ago '08        #92
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,275 | Props total: 13647 13647
 iggyemu said:
He's JJ Red!ck. His shooting will help a contending team.
Hes better than redd!ck but thats not saying much
 7 years ago '06        #93
I hug the strip 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,099 | Props total: 434 434
dis boy got game at the college level but he aint f**king wit nba pros
he will have the same role as eddie house
 7 years ago '10        #94
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,910 | Props total: 36 36
since when do they play defense in the NBA???

....besides a few and i mean a few teams.....

dude isnt near as slow as he is being made out to be and yea he is no Chris Paul with the ball but yall are making him out to be Shaq dribbling it up the court...

dude can create his own shot, drive the lane, and make damn near any shot he puts up with or with out a hand in his face....Why dont we give him a shot in the NBA before we crucify him. If he only does half of what he is doing at BYU, any team would want him.
 7 years ago '06        #95
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I never said he was a beast in the league. I was giving my opinion from watching the guy play for years. Jimmer isnt close to the player he was and I'm not just looking at the points.
Are you saying that Kerr was a much better college player than Jimmer? Because we haven't seen Jimmer play a second in the NBA yet so we have no idea how good of NBA player he will be.

But he has a very similar skill set (shoots anywhere inside the gym) to Steve Kerr's and the same limitations (unathletic, short, lack of D, not a true point, pedestrian ball handling and passing skills). I think that Jimmer will play a very similar role to what Kerr played in the NBA.
 7 years ago '09        #96
space
space
 UcantCme said:

dude isnt near as slow as he is being made out to be and yea he is no Chris Paul with the ball but yall are making him out to be Shaq dribbling it up the court...

dude can create his own shot, drive the lane, and make damn near any shot he puts up with or with out a hand in his face....Why dont we give him a shot in the NBA before we crucify him. If he only does half of what he is doing at BYU, any team would want him.
The first statement is true but its also college basketball. It wont be as easy to do that in the NBA where the players are bigger, faster and more skilled. If it was every player that gets all this hype yearly would be an NBA star or even a great role player. I like to look at his situation as kinda Steve Alford like. Which leads me to the next statement

You're right we dont know what he'll be in the NBA. All we can do is base it off the skills we see against what we would consider other NBA caliber players he faces and how much of his game will translate. Guess we'll have to see in 2 or 3 years.
 7 years ago '08        #97
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,114 | Props total: 2646 2646
 xRapHeadx said:
Curry is not fast...at all. Curry is not a good passer...at all. They are very similar. Only have seen a few BYU games, but his handle looks fine to me.
youre buggin son
Jimmer is dumbbbb slow
Curry aint a speedster but hes dusting Jimmer with or without ball
he does literally everything better
 7 years ago '09        #98
space
space
 luckluck said:
Are you saying that Kerr was a much better college player than Jimmer? Because we haven't seen Jimmer play a second in the NBA yet so we have no idea how good of NBA player he will be.

But he has a very similar skill set (shoots anywhere inside the gym) to Steve Kerr's and the same limitations (unathletic, short, lack of D, not a true point, pedestrian ball handling and passing skills). I think that Jimmer will play a very similar role to what Kerr played in the NBA.
I can only disagree right now. But like I said in a previous post we will have our chance to see in a couple of years. If Jimmer is still in the league after 7 years which was half of Steve Kerr's career then I'd be shocked.
 7 years ago '08        #99
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,114 | Props total: 2646 2646
 UcantCme said:

this dude is a senior, hes been ballin for years and is experienced on the college level
but all that is done when he goes to the league
and EVERY body is faster, stronger, taller and jumps higher than him
i'd bet anyone that hes gonna suck in the league and thats not crucifying him
thats just being honest.
 7 years ago '10        #100
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,745 | Props total: 8674 8674
"I watched Jackson Emery (the other BYU guard) out there and he's guarding like one and a half guys. I don't think I've ever seen (Fredette) bend his knees at the defensive end."
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago