Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?

most viewed right now
 291
Article inside Method Man Quits Social Media Over Picture Of His Wife
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 135
Image(s) inside PND AkA MR. REBOUND AKA FORMER FATBOY 31 AND NOT 23
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 122
NBA Pic | Latrell Spreewell Done Loss His Mind
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 94
7-26-16 WWE Presents Smackdown Live!
563 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
26798 pageviews
65 comments


I_REP_VA 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 415 415
Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?
 

 
Preferably in Corporate America or Government.. but any industry.

Hopefully this thread can be a good place to give some of us hope and also get some advice.

65 comments for "Do You Know Any Convicted Felons Who Have Good Jobs?"

 5 years ago '09        #2
Zaosyn 258 heat pts258
space
avatar space
space
$13,499 | Props total: 190 190
My uncle was in prison for 5 years for theft. He got out and got a job sorta quickly if I recall. His dad was working at an oil change center and his dad kinda got him the job. Eventually his dad fell off a ladder and couldn't work no more and my uncle stole money from the oil change center and got fired

Now he's 34 and about once or twice a week drives his truck around looking for scrap metal people got out in their yard waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks and he takes that to the scrap yard and cashes in oh yeah and hes a crack head lol

So I guess what I'm saying is- Having friends or family who can put in a good word for you is incredibly helpful. You also need to set yourself apart from the other 10 people trying to apply for the same job as you who DON'T have a felony.


oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man
 5 years ago '05        #3
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$5,722 | Props total: 0 0
very very possible. It's not what you know it's who you know....
 5 years ago '05        #4
I_REP_VA 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 415 415
 Zaosyn said:
My uncle was in prison for 5 years for theft. He got out and got a job sorta quickly if I recall. His dad was working at an oil change center and his dad kinda got him the job. Eventually his dad fell off a ladder and couldn't work no more and my uncle stole money from the oil change center and got fired

Now he's 34 and about once or twice a week drives his truck around looking for scrap metal people got out in their yard waiting to be picked up by the garbage trucks and he takes that to the scrap yard and cashes in oh yeah and hes a crack head lol

So I guess what I'm saying is- Having friends or family who can put in a good word for you is incredibly helpful. You also need to set yourself apart from the other 10 people trying to apply for the same job as you who DON'T have a felony.


oh wait you asked for GOOD jobs nah bruh you can kiss that good bye. You might beable to get on as a UPS delivery man
heh.. hi hater.. your post just fuel to the fire
 5 years ago '05        #5
I_REP_VA 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 415 415
 BennyBlanco said:
very very possible. It's not what you know it's who you know....
Is this from personal experience? or do you know anyone?
 5 years ago '07        #6
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,185 | Props total: 1 1
 BennyBlanco said:
very very possible. It's not what you know it's who you know....
thats it right there. I would say more then half the ppl got there job because who they f**king know and it is BS.
 5 years ago '05        #7
AKS MUZIK 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$5,722 | Props total: 0 0
 I_REP_VA said:
Is this from personal experience? or do you know anyone?
Both....
 5 years ago '08        #8
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,007 | Props total: 97 97
Well dude.. you can forget about the goverment.
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..

You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at trading commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is not r*pe or something like that.


But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.


Last edited by RustyLorcin; 03-22-2011 at 01:33 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #9
pnoi89 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,626 | Props total: 910 910
 RustyLorcin said:
Well dude.. you can forget about the goverment.
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..


You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at training commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is not r*pe or something like that.


But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.
Co-Sign with the bolded.

I have a friend who got in the doors as a felon as a mechanical engineer tech. From what I understand, though the government jobs separates you as a felon and a non-felon, a lot of employers don't see felons as a group. Like the guy said above, it definitely depends on what you were convicted on.

Good luck and keep applying.
 5 years ago '08        #10
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,007 | Props total: 97 97
I think Judge Mathis is a convicted Felon? or is that all fake? If that's the case.. you could still be a Attorney i guess it all depends on the type of felony.
 5 years ago '05        #11
I_REP_VA 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 415 415
 RustyLorcin said:
I think Judge Mathis is a convicted Felon? or is that all fake? If that's the case.. you could still be a Attorney i guess it all depends on the type of felony.
naw.. that's true.
 5 years ago '05        #12
I_REP_VA 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 415 415
 RustyLorcin said:
Well dude.. you can forget about the goverment.
Forget about any professorial licenses like Attorney, Architecture, Medical Practioner etc...

You are tagged as a felon and to the goverment you are now worth more in Prison than outside of it..

You can still make it in corporate america, just pick up some trading courses, get good at trading commodities.. get a degree in Business, move to Chicago and apply to some firms, if you are good i doubt they will care if you been convicted of selling drugs or whatever as long as is not r*pe or something like that.


But.. at that point they will be hiring you for their best interests, and if you are good enough to be hired to trade for them, you might as well trade for yourself and be your own boss.
already got finance and marketing undergraduate degrees.. so I guess I'm paranoid.

I still hear stories about people getting top security clearance in the government... and some government contractors getting felons - this is where I work now, but I gotta break it to my employer soon that I will be convicted. SO i'll let ya'll know soon if I do.

everyone else reading.. please keep posting succes stories!


Last edited by I_REP_VA; 03-22-2011 at 02:00 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #13
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,007 | Props total: 97 97
I'm not saying you cant get a job in the government but it's going to be SUPER hard.. you will need something to balance out the "lack of responsibility & lack of trust" stigma thats attached to you.

I'm not in your shoes so I don't know, But i'll tell you one thing, if I was thrown in prison the last thing i would want to do is work for the government when and if i came out.

You can make more money designing websites than a government employee anyway...f**k 40k a year.
 5 years ago '05        #14
I_REP_VA 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 415 415
 RustyLorcin said:
I'm not saying you cant get a job in the government but it's going to be SUPER hard.. you will need something to balance out the "lack of responsibility & lack of trust" stigma thats attached to you.

I'm not in your shoes so I don't know, But i'll tell you one thing, if I was thrown in prison the last thing i would want to do is work for the government when and if i came out.

You can make more money designing websites than a government employee anyway...f**k 40k a year.
True that.. I agree with your statement, and I feel ya.

this is just temporary, since the jakes took all my cash, I just gotta stack up again until I start my own business.

but once again I agree with ya, f**k the government.
 5 years ago '10        #15
gm0ney 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$715 | Props total: 515 515
yea you can get a good job
not really corporate jobs though
if you learn a skilled trade you can make 40 to 50K working for a company
then doing work on the side for people you can make another 10 to 25k per year under the table


edit im in va too
 5 years ago '10        #16
USC 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$18,741 | Props total: 912 912
Depends on what you did to earn that felony. Everything is who you know but nope, I am from Compton I know a lot of n*ggas with strikes and not what the everyday person would call a good job. Some cannot find jobs. This problem is nothing new
 5 years ago '08        #17
get_ate 
space
avatar space
space
$1,675 | Props total: 43 43
Martha Stewart and Michael Vick come to mind.
 5 years ago '04        #18
smurfdoran 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$2,827 | Props total: 5 5
 get_ate said:
Martha Stewart and Michael Vick come to mind.
they were already established.
 5 years ago '09        #19
mtva24 216 heat pts216
space
avatar space
space
$8,322 | Props total: 246 246
It's hard getting a job w/o a felony, so you know it'll be 60x harder to get one with one. Best thing to do is find some lawyer and have him help you get the charge expunged (if possible). You can always get a blue collar job if you can't find a corporate one so you aren't completely f**ked...
 03-22-2011, 07:02 PM         #20
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most people who do have very good connections
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside cuban chick
27 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Intermittent fasting
111 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 40
Video inside Jul 25 - Official DNC Thread (7/25/2016 to 7/28/2016)
975 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 25
Article inside First BLACK PANTHER Story Details Revealed; Unexpected Team-Up And Tw..
68 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside jim jones going hard in the gym
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Kallmekatrina straight booty!
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
young thug gets threats if he return to carribean he gon end up in the sea
85 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside 1995: Deathrow vs Badboy At The Source Awards (Full segment)
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy