J Cole on Lil B "Lets Just Say He Cant Rap" as an example that it doesn't take talent in 2011

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
50 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
252 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #121
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1004 1004
How can you compare lil b to J. Cole?

Listen to how other rappers talk about them...Mention Lil B and they say "he's grinding, he's doing him" mention J. Cole and they talk about how talented he is. I guarantee any mainstream artist will collab with J. Cole before Lil B.

Show me a lil b verse anywhere close to Cole's verse on Looking for Trouble.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #122
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,928 | Props total: 30321 30321
lil b cant rap but he has personality and charisma that makes u want to embrace him or give him a listen

smh the n*ggas ppl hov have no personality. cole the type of n*gga u see backstage on his ipad watching cast away

while everyone else mingles and have fun
 03-21-2011, 10:06 PM         #123
Killa Kwamz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TERRANCE CRACK said:
R.I.P j.cole in advance
who is J. Cole
 03-21-2011, 10:09 PM         #124
Kakarot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C. Wat said:
How can you compare lil b to J. Cole?

Listen to how other rappers talk about them...Mention Lil B and they say "he's grinding, he's doing him" mention J. Cole and they talk about how talented he is. I guarantee any mainstream artist will collab with J. Cole before Lil B.

Show me a lil b verse anywhere close to Cole's verse on Looking for Trouble.

that verse was absolutely generic as u can get & full of corny metaphors. show me a song where j cole can be as creative as this.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #125
JayThunder 
space
space
$1,984 | Props total: 80 80
 ondatpurple said:
lil b might not be a good rapper, but his buzz is bigger than j cole's
i''ve travel to canada texas and mia (last 8months) pumping cole on some whatever s**t ( just a track here an there on the shuffle) u catch n*ggas spitting his rythems.....NOW LIL B hmmmm n*gga IS JUST ANOTHER FUNNY a.ss GIMMICK btw i anyone from nyc can tell u its wayne lupe drake cole ..... anybody tell u another wise pushing no f**king real whip and hung
 03-21-2011, 10:13 PM         #126
Satire  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kakarot said:
that verse was absolutely generic as u can get & full of corny metaphors. show me a song where j cole can be as creative as this.

[video - click to view]

Lil B is talking over a beat and you guys are saying he has charisma J. Cole has a whole lot more charisma than B has.
 7 years ago '05        #127
JayThunder 
space
space
 Kakarot said:
i cant take a n*gga that is repping DRAGON BALL z IN 2011 ......I MIGHT AS WELL THROW ON THE POKEMON AVY RIGHT? .......SHHHH YOU CORNY DUKE
 7 years ago '05        #128
JayThunder 
space
space
 Satire said:
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO IT MY n*gga !!!! DUDE IS BUGGIN SAYING LIL B HAS METAPHORS, f**kING DR.SUESSE BARS
 03-21-2011, 10:17 PM         #129
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Satire said:
I don't really agree with Cole. There's nothing genius behind Lil B's marketing. He doesn't market anything for the most part. When music is bad, people like to promote it, just for shock value. Let's use rebecca black as an example. Her name has been trending on twitter for a week now. She has one song out, and it's complete trash. Lil B has several hundred songs and they're all trash too. People just like to talk about and promote bad music.

As for everyone saying Lil B's buzz is bigger, I've never heard his name outside of boxden. I see J. Cole's music getting posted by people on facebook, good rappers giving him props, and I hear him on the radio. J. Cole has a movement. Lil B has trolls backing him.
ok fair enough pimpin but how u explain da following:

1. performance on SXSW, cosigned by Diddy
2. performing on Coachella, cosigned by Kanye
3. songs with 9th Wonder, Phonte, Jean Grae, Cormega, Too Short & Waka to name a few
4. 3 separate features on MTV
5. XXL Freshman List

now dig NONE of the above makes him talented. but dont it disprove that only boxden trolls dig his music? can u at least admit u was way off base & wrong wit that one breh?
 7 years ago '10        #130
Abose 3 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 58 58
yea Lil B is terrible...and his XXL freestyle was even worse
 03-21-2011, 10:19 PM         #131
Kakarot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Satire said:

Lil B is talking over a beat and you guys are saying he has charisma J. Cole has a whole lot more charisma than B has.
right & how is this more creative than writing from the perspective of a pen?
 7 years ago '05        #132
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
lol @ lil b has charisma and personality. cause he makes an a.ss out of himself? I guess it's so charismatic to get on the radio and talk about kanye's p*nis, get the f**k outta here. And it's funny people act like J Cole should be following Lil B's footsteps when he is more popular. Sure there are a few nerdy/corny a.ss dudes saying Thank You Based God after everything but females dig J Cole's shyt wayyy more than Lil B. Infact I don't know a single female who listens to Lil B besides Wonton Soup. The ONLY thing lil b has on J Cole is more songs thats because he don't even try on half of em.
 7 years ago '05        #133
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
2 Garbage so called "rappers" beefin and this is what BX gets excited over now days......

smh....times have def changed....
 7 years ago '04        #134
tanman10 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,075 | Props total: 1 1
maybe he sound boring to yall cause he college educated and yall not
 7 years ago '09        #135
robollama 1 heat pts
space
space
$430 | Props total: 57 57
PLEASE let this turn into a beef... I feel like Cole need a beef for motivation.
 7 years ago '05        #136
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1004 1004
 Kakarot said:
I honestly gave it a listen...what did he do in this song that hasn't been done? Lupe did it about his neighborhood on Daydreamin', 50 cent did it about crack on Baltimore Love Thing...and this was just a p!ss poor effort (if it was a serious effort)

I see where he was going but for everyone to say he has charisma or the "x factor" it surely didn't come across in this video. At times he was just ramblin' and spitting incomplete thoughts.

So really...no comparison. J. Cole > Lil B
 7 years ago '04        #137
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
 03-21-2011, 10:28 PM         #138
Rendition  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We compairing twitter followers now?

Soulja boy is millions of followers ahead of Tyler the creator and we all know who's buzz is bigger right now
 7 years ago '06        #139
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
Based off follwers, Charlie Sheen is the better rapper

Also, Nas only got 187,000 followers on twitter, so J Cole must be better too.
 03-21-2011, 10:31 PM         #140
Kakarot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C. Wat said:
I honestly gave it a listen...what did he do in this song that hasn't been done? Lupe did it about his neighborhood on Daydreamin', 50 cent did it about crack on Baltimore Love Thing...and this was just a p!ss poor effort (if it was a serious effort)

I see where he was going but for everyone to say he has charisma or the "x factor" it surely didn't come across in this video. At times he was just ramblin' and spitting incomplete thoughts.

So really...no comparison. J. Cole > Lil B
long winded metaphors r not rare, but its a nice show of versatility & could possibly have more implications. im just tryin 2 show that while he may have tons of garbage, but he surely has gems
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy