Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,226 | Props total: 1090 1090
 Nickel said:
Aaliyah was that chick when she was out...and Timbo kept lacing her like crazy....
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
she was just starting to come into her own when she died. she was alive, i think the album she would've made after the self-titled one would've blown up

these post ring true
 7 years ago '04        #42
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,358 | Props total: 1578 1578
Aaliyah's album was flopping before she died. "we need a resolution" was a disappointment. Rock the boat probably would have still been a hit though and that may have saved the album.
 06-11-2011, 10:39 PM         #43
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 badboy600 said:
Aaliyah's album was flopping before she died. "we need a resolution" was a disappointment. Rock the boat probably would have still been a hit though and that may have saved the album.
easy to speculate, but as has been mentioned before in the thread, her ability to diversify to keep her appeal in somebody's spotlight was the key to her success.

one thing is for sure, i know we all, fans and potential doubters alike, would give a lot to see how things would be different had she lived to see today
 7 years ago '04        #44
cokerap 
space
space
$201 | Props total: 0 0
I dont know if she was fu*king with Dame Dash he career might have ended up like his.
 06-11-2011, 10:48 PM         #45
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
also, remember the number of projects that fell apart and/or didn't go as far due to aaliyah's death? mainly movie stuff, she was to play the lead in honey and then the remake of sparkle was canceled and i believe there was another movie canceled after her death. she also filmed portions of matrix: reloaded and had already signed to reprise zee in matrix: revolutions...

that's five major studio movie projects in the wings within a 2-3 year span all re-cast or cancelled because she passed...aaliyah was savvy when it came to the business and seemingly had a lot of loyal people in her corner which is rare in entertainment
 7 years ago '07        #46
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,629 | Props total: 5486 5486
Aaliyah made dope music even i used to fu*k with it.....

i don't listen to none of beyonce sh*t
 06-11-2011, 10:57 PM         #47
hasonipenny 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rip aaliyah and i cant beleive its so many haters in here lame
 7 years ago '04        #48
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
aaliyah is one of the most overrated artists of all time
 7 years ago '05        #49
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 SteveMachine said:
u cannot be a fan of R&B music and say some dumb sh*t like that so ill let u slide.
 7 years ago '08        #50
phille126 
space
space
$580 | Props total: 284 284
aaliyah woukld be head and shoulders above every single female artist out in regards of mixing hip-hop and R&b it WOLULD OF BEEN HER ON TIMBOS CLASSIC CLUB SONGS FROM THE PAST FEW YEARS PPL DONT 4GET BEYONCE WAS IN A GROUP SHE TOOK OFF BECUZ OF THE VACANCIES OF THAT TYPE OF ARTIST SHE WAS A BETTER ALL AROUND ENTERTAINER ONE OF THE 1ST IN THIS ERA OF MEDIA TO DO MOVIES KINDA OF STARTED THE TREND OF BRAND FOR SOLO ARTIST
 06-11-2011, 11:28 PM         #51
Freeze Me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SteveMachine said:
Not really overrated..shes rarely even mentioned.

Shes being overrated in this thread tho.She was always good but she was never GREAT..not yet anyway.She was just starting to grow into her own person artistically when she passed.im not gon speak on what she COULD HAVE been bcuz nobody knows.She could have been great,she could have fell off.she could have put music on the backburner & focused on movies.she coulda got hooked on drugs & went to rehab & disappeared.who fu*kin knows.The same can be said for any other artists who passed away.

Ppl just get caught up in all the potential that she had.But anybody can tell you that potential doesnt always produce results.
Of course Ginuwine would say this tho,they were close.
RIP to her tho she was a beautiful person in many ways.its sad how she went.
 7 years ago '04        #52
space
space
 Martel said:
u cannot be a fan of R&B music and say some dumb sh*t like that so ill let u slide.
i'm not saying she's wack but people talk about her as if she was the queen of rnb. her last album was a flop until she died.
 7 years ago '09        #53
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
aaliyah >>>>>>>>> beyonce

i was just watching ROMEO MUST DIE the other day
 7 years ago '04        #54
space
space
 Freeze Me said:
Not really overrated..shes rarely even mentioned.

Shes being overrated in this thread tho.She was always good but she was never GREAT..not yet anyway.She was just starting to grow into her own person artistically when she passed.im not gon speak on what she COULD HAVE been bcuz nobody knows.She could have been great,she could have fell off.she could have put music on the backburner & focused on movies.she coulda got hooked on drugs & went to rehab & disappeared.who fu*kin knows.The same can be said for any other artists who passed away.

Ppl just get caught up in all the potential that she had.But anybody can tell you that potential doesnt always produce results.
Of course Ginuwine would say this tho,they were close.
RIP to her tho she was a beautiful person in many ways.its sad how she went.
when i say overrated, i don't mean in the sense that she's being put up there with michael, prince. etc. just when people talk about her, especially on here, they overstate how good she was.

she definitely had talent, but she was far from being complete as an artist. she very well could have gone down as the queen of rnb.
 7 years ago '11        #55
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
She was good, but I've never listened to an entire Aaliyah album
 7 years ago '05        #56
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 SteveMachine said:
i'm not saying she's wack but people talk about her as if she was the queen of rnb. her last album was a flop until she died.
i dont know why people call her last album a flop, she died like 6 weeks after it dropped and she was only able to release one single before she died and it was still gold around that time.

and I don't see anybody calling her the queen of r&b. Janet and Mary J pretty much run that. It's about Beyonce, who's music isn't nearly as amazing as Janet and Mary J but she's the "it" R&B singer of today. In my honest opinion all of Beyonce's albums were pretty underwhelming and One in a Million and Aaliyah both shyt on everything B released...

Everybody's just saying in this thread how she was rising up to becoming huge, in movies and music and I agree.. That's not overrating. If anybody is one of the most overrated artist it has to be Beyonce even though I respect her a lot as a singer. It's all speculation though but it's obvious she was on the rise rather than decline..
 06-12-2011, 01:16 AM         #57
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The thing is, her album was not a disappointment, it was more left field because of what she had becole known for, and she was stepping out of her comfort zone by not relying on Timbo's production and Missy's songwriting as much. I honestly believed, that had she been still alive, she would literally sh*t on beyonce's career. Moreover, artists like ashanti and Ciara would either not been discovered or possibly would have deemed knock-offs of her and maybe would have had marginal success. I'm not saying she was the greatest singer but I'm simply saying that she died at the pinnacle of her career's rise, and we unfortunately didn't get to see her whole story unfold
 7 years ago '10        #58
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 315 315
I disagree

Not saying A wasnt talented , but most artist from the 90's are not here today due to how much the game / customer's changed and the digital age. She would have had to re-invent herself kinda like what Madonna has been doing the 25 plus years. Aaliyah was going straight into movies and most likely would've stayed an actress. Sorta like what Queen Latifah is doing.

But homegirl could sing and not to be fu*ked with during her time.
 7 years ago '05        #59
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1690 1690
Beyonce don't even write her own songs gtfoh with that
 7 years ago '07        #60
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Mr. Baltimore said:

aaliyah would be miles ahead
this x 10000000000
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy