Ginuwine Says Aaliyah Would Be 'Neck & Neck' With Beyonce

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-11-2011, 08:27 PM         #21
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah and if Tupac was still alive he'd be president...

You can't say sh*t like that because she's rest her soul... But who the fu*k is Ginuwine to say that... His career is nothing.
 7 years ago '07        #22
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,346 | Props total: 2062 2062
people need to stop over rating Aaliyah. he was no different from Brandy, Tevin Campbell, Al b sure of there time. we dont know if he would have had the longevity of usher, B etc. its all speculation .

one things for sure if that he couldnt see all that well
 06-11-2011, 08:28 PM         #23
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As much as I like Aaliyah I don't think so, Timb woulda fell off and her sound would have got lost and Beyonce got a much stronger voice.
 7 years ago '07        #24
KillahPlaya420 
space
space
space
$1,309 | Props total: 125 125
i think she was definitely better than b. plain and simple...
 06-11-2011, 08:43 PM         #25
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggaz say the darndest things
 7 years ago '04        #26
unmarkeddollaz 
space
space
space
$773 | Props total: 0 0
 antdog said:
As much as I like Aaliyah I don't think so, Timb woulda fell off and her sound would have got lost and Beyonce got a much stronger voice.
she didn't always work with him, on her last cd it looked like she was considering doin like so many and leave her main producer, best example is kelis, the neptunes in recent years fell off hard and timbo is looking the same way right now. aaliyah could have worked with just about any producer and not fall completely off.
 7 years ago '05        #27
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,098 | Props total: 4231 4231
rock the boat was that sh*t.... she could have been that if not better
 7 years ago '11        #28
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3201 3201
 Mr. Baltimore said:

aaliyah would be miles ahead
allayah would own sht rite now!!!!

Last edited by DRAGONFLY JONES; 06-11-2011 at 08:51 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #29
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Speaking of Aaliyah and Timbaland...What the fu*k happened to Missy Elliot...she always had them crazy a.ss Timbo beats...then she just fell off the earth

RIP to Baby Girl though you will always be missed...
 7 years ago '07        #30
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 Maroon_Tiger said:

no she wouldnt...shed be in the same position as ginuwine right now...
why u say that?
 7 years ago '08        #31
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
aaliyah had multiple hits and showed no signs of slowing down by the time of her death. its impossible to say where someone would have been, especially with the longevity of most artists being relatively short. but considering where aaliyah was at in her career, what ginuwine is saying is very possible. anyone knocking aaliyah is insane though. and after being on boxden a while, and seeing the immaturity of many of its users, its safe to say many here didnt get the chance to see and experience aaliyahs greatness.
 7 years ago '07        #32
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 437 437
 240ka said:
people need to stop over rating Aaliyah. he was no different from Brandy, Tevin Campbell, Al b sure of there time. we dont know if he would have had the longevity of usher, B etc. its all speculation .

one things for sure if that he couldnt see all that well

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #33
kickzrme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,845 | Props total: 1638 1638
 arthurmack27 said:
aaliyah had multiple hits and showed no signs of slowing down by the time of her death. its impossible to say where someone would have been, especially with the longevity of most artists being relatively short. but considering where aaliyah was at in her career, what ginuwine is saying is very possible. anyone knocking aaliyah is insane though. and after being on boxden a while, and seeing the immaturity of many of its users, its safe to say many here didnt get the chance to see and experience aaliyahs greatness.
:agreement6: greatness is an understatement
 7 years ago '07        #34
KingKobraAtlant 
space
space
$1,010 | Props total: 99 99
Beyonce would only be another chick from Destiny's Child. Let's keep it real for a minute. A lot of artist blow up when others are gone. 50, wouldn't exist if Pac was still alive. Jigga wouldn't have blown up if Biggie was here. Whitney Houston would not have been a crackhead if Bobby Brown didn't blow up.
 7 years ago '05        #35
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
lol @ saying she'd be right where Ginuwine is. tell me what big movies Ginuwine been in.

it is speculation, BUT it could have easily happened. all 3 of her cds were great and she was only 22. not to mention she had the best production around at that time with tim and static..
 7 years ago '07        #36
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
I love Aaliyah as much as the next man, but that album she released before she died wasn't doing the numbers people came to expect from her. That's not to say she couldn't have rebounded strong, but it is what it is.

RIP Baby Girl
 7 years ago '10        #37
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
she would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Beyonce

Aaliyah >>>>>>>any hoe out right now
 7 years ago '04        #38
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
I will say B has the stronger voice but Aaliyah still woulda held her own. This industry isn't about who sings better because hella singers have been vocals than B. Jennifer Hudson shyt all over B in Dreamgirls so we know B isn't the best there is. But Aaliyah had the dancing skills everybody wanted to copy. She had the hooks that people wanted to sing, and she had the face/body combo that everybody wanted. AKA she had everything to offer fans that B has.

B is falling off at this point. Only thing keeping her around is the gay community because her music has been gettin worse over the years. Hell her former group members are on her head because LeToya Luckett had hella buzz when B rushed that I Am... Sasha Fierce album and now Kelly Rowland has Motivation and all B has is some Run the world shyt that I don't hear too much. Rihanna is also taking the pop aspect of B's game. We'll see how she regroups because her current quality is rushed and it seems like shes just trying to keep her name out there instead of making good music like she did when she dropped Dangerously in love and B-Day.
 06-11-2011, 09:47 PM         #39
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly, I think Baby Girl was on the cusp of reaching greatness, because the album was getting rave reviews BEFORE her passing, about how she was finally hitting her stride and stepping out of her comfort zone with that record by not using the same producers ( static major, r.i.p ) as well as doing ballads and her voice was getting much stronger in range strength. Add to the fact that her acting career was taking off and she was extremely well liked by the masses( I remembered how everyone, regardless of race or age or gender, was completely torn by her passing) she had a style that stood out then and is copied and bit even now, and not many artists have been able to truly capture it exactly. So I honestly think that in this day and age, she would have been better than beyonce not neccessarily because of her talent but because of her way she connected with the people. Beyonce, while talented, she doesnt connect well with the people, she seems to be standoffish from them, to the point where and maybe I am wrong and hope that tragedy wont happen to her for us to find out, but if it did happen God forbid, I honestly don't see people falling out over her like they did when Aaliyah died.
 06-11-2011, 09:54 PM         #40
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who knows? In any what if situation it's all up to opinions.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy