most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #101
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
From NPR:

The news that AT&T plans to buy T-Mobile USA in a deal valued at $39 billion has business reporters writing analyses such as this at MarketWatch.com:

"Assuming the deal goes through, it brings mixed news for consumers, who should benefit from improved quality and coverage in high-speed mobile broadband service, according to Forrester Research analyst Charles Golvin.

" 'The bad news: the cost of that service won't come down nearly as fast as customers would like, since AT&T and Verizon Wireless combined would own nearly three out of every four wireless subscriptions in the U.S.,' Golvin wrote in an e-mail."

The Wall Street Journal adds that "in stitching together the second- and fourth-largest U.S. mobile carriers, AT&T is showing a fearless attitude toward U.S. regulators, who will be heavily scrutinizing what is the largest planned merger deal of 2011. T-Mobile has long been an antagonist to AT&T and chief rival Verizon Wireless, offering low prices that kept pressure on rates."

After the deal, an AT&T/T-Mobile combination would be larger than Verizon Wireless.

Then there's this ripple effect:

"Wall Street stock indexes were poised to rise more than 1 percent at the open on Monday as investors welcomed AT&T's proposal to buy T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom." (Reuters)
 7 years ago '09        #102
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,662 | Props total: 2782 2782
Damn, at least my T-Mobile contract runs out in the next couple months. Never delt with AT&T so I will weigh my options before I get with another phone company.
 7 years ago '04        #103
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
prices are gonna increase across the board regardless, this just basically solidifies it...Wish Sprint would've gotten this deal instead of AT&T...that way you'd have 3 big carriers, but now you'll most likely have Verizon go after Sprint and we're left getting d!cked down by two huge corporations. Verizon doesn't like taking L's, all of the s**t they've been boasting about for years (largest customer base, biggest coverage area, biggest 3g coverage area) just went out the window.
 7 years ago '07        #104
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 1802 1802
 P-Hill said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #105
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
Sprint Responds:

“The combination of AT&T and T-Mobile USA, if approved by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC), would alter dramatically the structure of the communications industry. AT&T and Verizon are already by far the largest wireless providers. A combined AT&T and T-Mobile would be almost three times the size of Sprint, the third largest wireless competitor. If approved, the merger would result in a wireless industry dominated overwhelmingly by two vertically-integrated companies that control almost 80% of the US wireless post-paid market, as well as the availability and price of key inputs such as backhaul and access needed by other wireless companies to compete. The DOJ and the FCC must decide if this transaction is in the best interest of consumers and the US economy overall, and determine if innovation and robust competition would be impacted adversely and by this dramatic change in the structure of the industry.”
 03-21-2011, 10:39 AM         #106
Gho5t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klew said:
As long as you're still under contract they have to honor that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Ur right unless they dissolve t-mobile.
 7 years ago '10        #107
KingJaffeJoffer 
space
space
space
$164 | Props total: 128 128
 <<InphDigi>> said:
Being employed by at&t, this may be beneficial, as it may allow for more transfer opportunities, increased stock prices which mean more pension/401k money. But as a Tmo customer, this sucks giraffe balls.
Hold up, you work for AT&T and you have a T-Mobile phone or I am reading that wrong?
 7 years ago '07        #108
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 7 years ago '06        #109
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
i dont know much about the approval process and what they take into consideration, but if theyre looking at it from a financial standpoint for consumers, i dont think it will get approved.. but thats just me.
 7 years ago '04        #110
quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,183 | Props total: 977 977
only thing good about it for me(since i am a at&t customer) is that now (hopefully) we will have access to all the t-mobile phones in the future. will at&t phones now support both frequencies for at&t and t-mobile or will they just eventually merge to at&t's frequency for 3g/4g.

:hmm:
 7 years ago '07        #111
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1357 1357
feels even better about switching to sprint...
 7 years ago '05        #112
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 225 225
its going to take awhile for both tmobile and att users to see difference is signal strength. if you are already on a plan with tmobile you will be grandfathered in with you contract, so better jump on that unlimited data with tmobile before this deal closes.
 7 years ago '05        #113
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 quintosis03 said:
only thing good about it for me(since i am a at&t customer) is that now (hopefully) we will have access to all the t-mobile phones in the future. will at&t phones now support both frequencies for at&t and t-mobile or will they just eventually merge to at&t's frequency for 3g/4g.

:hmm:
Tmo's 3g will be k!lled and ATT's frequencies will be used

Which means if you have a 3g smartphone on Tmo, ATT will have to replace it when the switch happens (and they have added those costs into the buyout)

I wanted a new phone anyways, hopefully can get an atrix when this happens (just cause I want the laptop dock)
 7 years ago '04        #114
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
 KingJaffeJoffer said:
Hold up, you work for AT&T and you have a T-Mobile phone or I am reading that wrong?
You are correct. My rate with TMO is cheaper than my discounted att rate for equivalent services.
 7 years ago '05        #115
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
so is Iphone gonna be on tmobile to now?? idk bout this just a matter of time before they all merge and u not gonna have a choice all gonna be one big company.
 7 years ago '10        #116
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 <<InphDigi>> said:
You are correct. My rate with TMO is cheaper than my discounted att rate for equivalent services.
No disrespect but I find that hard to believe. How much you pay a month and what does your plan look like?
 7 years ago '05        #117
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,098 | Props total: 10797 10797
It's not hard to believe at all if he's on the unlimited loyalty plan
 7 years ago '05        #118
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 legendisdope said:
we gon get free phones?
From what ATT has said, discounted definately, free maybe...
 7 years ago '05        #119
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591
Atrix coming to Tmobile UK in June

7 years ago '04        #120
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
 P-Hill said:
It's not hard to believe at all if he's on the unlimited loyalty plan
This is why my plan is cheaper on TMO than an employee discount on ATT.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
112 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy