Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva...

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
203 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
 NOCCOWT said:
NobOdy can or will beat anderson silva!!!!!!!!
/thread
 7 years ago '05        #62
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
wouldn't work... unless bones and silva meet in the middle... bones walks around heavier than 205 and silva walks around at 205 so they both should get to about 195 then f!ght.... but it aint happening tho
 7 years ago '07        #63
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
 Imagin3 said:
haha damn...dude was clowning himself.
 03-20-2011, 09:51 PM         #64
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trb_5 said:
honestly...n*ggas were saying the same s**t about how shogun was gonna whoop jones a.ss....we have never seen a f!ghter like jones before....he is so fluid....he is a bigger anderson silva and he i would bet my house he would beat anderson silva
this is how n*ggas end up homeless
 7 years ago '04        #65
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 Imagin3 said:
props to Griffin for that

"when I tried to punch him, he looked at me like I was stupid.. like why would you do such a stupid stupid thing?"

freakbucket said:
this is how n*ggas end up homeless
 7 years ago '05        #66
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,418 | Props total: 4751 4751
 Optimus Crime said:
These are compelling arguments, but there are a few factors that can be taken into account either way. I'm not saying that Bones is impossible to beat. I'm also taking NOTHING from Mr. Wonderful. I've stated that I'm a fan and I see him doing great things. I'm talking from the Bones fan perspective, because a lot of the people "looking" for someone that they can get behind to beat JBJ were the same people writing him off against Shogun, Bader, etc. And it's unilateral thinking behind who can beat who

Plus I can only recall Phil Davis winning one BJJ tournament. The No Gi in 2009. Not various, and Shogun won South America and he doesn't even like competing in BJJ tournaments lol. And while Phil Davis is strong, that is something that aids in wrestling ability, not in BJJ. The whole premise of BJJ is that size doesn't matter when it comes to skill.

People are saying give Phil Davis time and he'll be ready, like Jon Jones isn't going to get exponentially better in the time it takes Mr. Wonderful to get ready. Jon Jones is 23, Phil Davis is 26. Bones is probably 5 years away from his prime and he's looking SCARY good.

You're also right about "paper" ranks. But then again, you forgot some other people with excellent awareness. With No BJJ Training. Sean Sherk GIVES his neck up so because he knows people can't guillotine him. Same thing with Jon Fitch. Rashad Evans has never been subbed. Rampage has fought almost 40 f!ghts, and been subbed once. I'm pretty sure Greg Jackson is drilling sub defense to JBJ, as most of his f!ghters don't really get subbed that often. So on the other side of the coin. While JBJ is a whitebelt, you can be a white belt with unparalleled sub defense.
well, i'm not really looking for someone to be able to beat Bones...i just responded to someone else's post that Davis and Bones will be a good f!ght in the future...

i guarantee that if he won the world no gi champs, then he most definitely won some smaller tournaments prior...not everything gets listed online...my point is that he is more than likely skilled beyond his blue belt level...i mentioned that Davis is larger/stronger than Shogun/Vera, that will aid in his ability to maneuver his hips...there is a reason that they have weight classes in these BJJ tournies (in addition to open weight class), size and strength do influence BJJ matches...weight classes make it more about just skill...a 225 lb Bones on top of the smaller Shogun/Vera is an advantage he won't have when on top of the equally sized Davis...

i'm not sure what you mean by 'no BJJ training'...Hughes may not have a belt in BJJ, but he does train BJJ...so does Sherk, he claims he purposely puts himself in guillotines in training to be better at defending them during f!ghts...Fitch trains under Dave Camarillo so he definitely works his BJJ very hard...and we know why people don't sub Rampage..

i don't think Davis will just straight submit Bones easliy, but I think a dangerous guard will slow down that nasty ground n pound...and possibly make the f!ght a little more interesting...you and I are on the same page about Davis and Bones imo...
 7 years ago '07        #67
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,830 | Props total: 1998 1998
 Imagin3 said:
Griffin is a real dude

also I still can't believe people using the Sonnen Silva f!ght to discredit Silva so it doesn't count for anything that Silva made Sonnen tapped, that at the post f!ght conference Silva was looking ready to go Clubbing and Sonnen look like he tried to stop rocks with his face even though he was the one dominating?, or that Silva had cracked ribs and still won?
 7 years ago '08        #68
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,947 | Props total: 5508 5508
 Russ369 said:
Well, it ain't happening anytime soon thats for sure, Dana today said that Anderson has no interest in f!ghting at 205 whatsoever... I think its cuz of Machida...
He'd woop Machida anyways if they ever fought.

Silva's f!ghting GSP so idk why this thread even exists.
 7 years ago '07        #69
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2525 2525
 MysticKJ said:
well, i'm not really looking for someone to be able to beat Bones...i just responded to someone else's post that Davis and Bones will be a good f!ght in the future...

i guarantee that if he won the world no gi champs, then he most definitely won some smaller tournaments prior...not everything gets listed online...my point is that he is more than likely skilled beyond his blue belt level...i mentioned that Davis is larger/stronger than Shogun/Vera, that will aid in his ability to maneuver his hips...there is a reason that they have weight classes in these BJJ tournies (in addition to open weight class), size and strength do influence BJJ matches...weight classes make it more about just skill...a 225 lb Bones on top of the smaller Shogun/Vera is an advantage he won't have when on top of the equally sized Davis...

i'm not sure what you mean by 'no BJJ training'...Hughes may not have a belt in BJJ, but he does train BJJ...so does Sherk, he claims he purposely puts himself in guillotines in training to be better at defending them during f!ghts...Fitch trains under Dave Camarillo so he definitely works his BJJ very hard...and we know why people don't sub Rampage..

i don't think Davis will just straight submit Bones easliy, but I think a dangerous guard will slow down that nasty ground n pound...and possibly make the f!ght a little more interesting...you and I are on the same page about Davis and Bones imo...
Yeah I'm pretty sure we're on the same page too... I was just speaking up because it seems like all the people that know their sh!t seem to be anti Bones... lol

I actually think that JBJ is a great thing for MMA. I mean before you become knowledgeable, you gotta first either train one, or watch one of the separate arts and slide into MMA as a casual. JBJ shut down Sherdog last night, and I've never seen this many active MMA topics in the main section of the BX Sportcenter. I think that JBJ brought some new fans into MMA

Money Mayweather said that MMA is popular because whites needed a sport that they could dominate (Paraphrasing obviously) but I think it's great that the MW champ is an Afro Brazilian, The HW Champ is Mexican, and now the LHW belt, which is the deepest division in the UFC has a young Black champ with plenty of black contenders (Page, Evans, potentially Davis) swimming in the shark tank... Diversity FTW lol
 7 years ago '09        #70
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
 NOCCOWT said:
NobOdy can or will beat anderson silva!!!!!!!!
lol, GSP can take spider
 7 years ago '05        #71
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 56 56
 Optimus Crime said:
Money Mayweather said that MMA is popular because whites needed a sport that they could dominate (Paraphrasing obviously) but I think it's great that the MW champ is an Afro Brazilian, The HW Champ is Mexican, and now the LHW belt, which is the deepest division in the UFC has a young Black champ with plenty of black contenders (Page, Evans, potentially Davis) swimming in the shark tank... Diversity FTW lol
LW is clearly the deepest division in MMA right now
 7 years ago '04        #72
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,292 | Props total: 2576 2576
 Cee4our said:
 7 years ago '07        #73
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2525 2525
 Cee4our said:
Lol I dunno bro... Maybe BJ Penn being the perennial champ, and then him, Nate, Diego, and Kenny all jumping Ship to different weight classes... I still like LHW the most. I think that the LW div. is VERY deep, don't get me wrong... But Light Heavyweight is where it's at if you ask me....

I mean you got JBJ, Hammil, Rampage, Griffin, Rua, Evans, T. Silva, Bader, Machida, Davis, Little Nog. Plus the instability of the belt... Just a bunch of headhunters lol. Maybe it's the old Pride days in me...
 7 years ago '05        #74
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:
Lol I dunno bro... Maybe BJ Penn being the perennial champ, and then him, Nate, Diego, and Kenny all jumping Ship to different weight classes... I still like LHW the most. I think that the LW div. is VERY deep, don't get me wrong... But Light Heavyweight is where it's at if you ask me....

I mean you got JBJ, Hammil, Rampage, Griffin, Rua, Evans, T. Silva, Bader, Machida, Davis, Little Nog. Plus the instability of the belt... Just a bunch of headhunters lol. Maybe it's the old Pride days in me...
i think u just made my point...look at the contenders u just named. the #1 contender lost the title 2 years ago and since then he has 2 decision wins, griffin has 2 decision wins to washed up f!ghters in the past year and a half, rampage has a decision win and loss in 2 years, same thing with thiago. compare that to the top contenders in the LW division and its not even close.
 7 years ago '04        #75
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
space
$460 | Props total: 230 230
Anybody can be beat on any given night that's why they f!ght........proof.....
[pic - click to view]

So John jones has just as good of a chance at beating the spyder as ryo chonan did....
 7 years ago '04        #76
thehawk33 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,292 | Props total: 2576 2576
The LHW division while certainly star studded, is a very highly tiered division, where at this point in time, Jones/Shogun/Evans/Machida/Rampage are on a superior level then the others you posted. The Hamils/Griffins/T. Silvas/Davises/Noguieras of the division aren't really in the title contenders picture ATM

Looking at the LW title picture at the moment is perplexing because of how deep the division is. So, Maynard is your next contender, Pettis should be getting his shot soon, but has to get past Guida first, who's built up an impressive resume in his own right. Siver just beat Sotiropoulos, who was on an incredible tear in the division, which puts him up in the title picture especially with a win against Wiman, but probably should also avenge the loss to Guillard, who just beat contenders in Jeremy Stephens and Dunham, but has a tough match against an upcoming prospect in Roller. Then, what about Jim Miller, who possesses a quality win streak and looked better last night than he has perhaps in his career? And that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Part of the reason why the LW division is so awesome is that the division is so incredibly deep that UFC matchmakers are constantly putting together credible match ups with evenly matched opponents that there is an everchanging main event picture in the division, which is refreshing to us as fans.
 7 years ago '05        #77
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
 thehawk33 said:
The LHW division while certainly star studded, is a very highly tiered division, where at this point in time, Jones/Shogun/Evans/Machida/Rampage are on a superior level then the others you posted. The Hamils/Griffins/T. Silvas/Davises/Noguieras of the division aren't really in the title contenders picture ATM

Looking at the LW title picture at the moment is perplexing because of how deep the division is. So, Maynard is your next contender, Pettis should be getting his shot soon, but has to get past Guida first, who's built up an impressive resume in his own right. Siver just beat Sotiropoulos, who was on an incredible tear in the division, which puts him up in the title picture especially with a win against Wiman, but probably should also avenge the loss to Guillard, who just beat contenders in Jeremy Stephens and Dunham, but has a tough match against an upcoming prospect in Roller. Then, what about Jim Miller, who possesses a quality win streak and looked better last night than he has perhaps in his career? And that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Part of the reason why the LW division is so awesome is that the division is so incredibly deep that UFC matchmakers are constantly putting together credible match ups with evenly matched opponents that there is an everchanging main event picture in the division, which is refreshing to us as fans.

im pretty positive the current depth of the LW division had a lot to do with the absorption of the WEC to give UFC LW's places to move to. Like i said, contenders in the LHW division have like 2 f!ght win streaks. guys in the LW division have to win like 5, 6, 7+ f!ghts to get a f**kin shot lol. the LHW division is in the midst of a rebuilding process which sucks with the emergence of jbj cuz id like to see him with more quality opponents, but its also y hes become so popular so quickly and people are already talking about him f!ghting opponents outside of his own division.
 7 years ago '04        #78
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 jdogg562 said:
Anybody can be beat on any given night that's why they f!ght........proof.....
[pic - click to view]

So John jones has just as good of a chance at beating the spyder as ryo chonan did....
They need to bring back Chonnan just so he can make the Spider scream again!
 7 years ago '05        #79
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,418 | Props total: 4751 4751
 Optimus Crime said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure we're on the same page too... I was just speaking up because it seems like all the people that know their sh!t seem to be anti Bones... lol

I actually think that JBJ is a great thing for MMA. I mean before you become knowledgeable, you gotta first either train one, or watch one of the separate arts and slide into MMA as a casual. JBJ shut down Sherdog last night, and I've never seen this many active MMA topics in the main section of the BX Sportcenter. I think that JBJ brought some new fans into MMA

Bones is good for MMA imo (having diverse champs, in general)...Floyd is ignorant, MMA is growing across all countries, races, etc...he feels threatened (not sure why, he is caking big time) to just belittle a sport without any knowledge...

I prefer the depth of the LHW division over all other divisions...LHW division is vicious...
 7 years ago '04        #80
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
I dunno how people can hate on Bones aside from his recent comments...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago