Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 Optimus Crime said:
Jones needs like at least 3 defenses.. Maybe more. Griffin, Rampage/Hammil, Evans (who's lined up next) winner of Davis/Little Nog, Machida possibly... There are a lot of intriguing matchups in the LHW div. Plus if Strikeforce comes over in a couple years, Hendo (it's a stretch but stylistically the f!ght I want to see, especially looking at the Hendo/Silva f!ght), King Mo, Mousasi... Possibilities are endless. The belt seems to be cursed, but it's only because it's the most competitive and talent stacked division.
i agree...Bones is going to be busy defending that belt...and if he can't defend it long enough to warrant a superf!ght with Silva, then it doesn't matter anyways...
 7 years ago '09        #42
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,181 | Props total: 2582 2582
 Hold That said:
^ this

There's really nothing pointing to Jones losing any f!ght or against anyone.. This guy has never been hurt or in trouble a day in his life.. His confidence is running at all alltime high, and he just doesn't seem to know how to lose.. He's so much smarter than what people give him credit for, and he plays to his stregnths perfectly.. Does anyone know a justifiable "weakness" this kid has?

Stand up striking is solid, ground game is phenomenal, physical stats are off the charts, strength is out of this world for a LHW.. He's like the Sugar Ray Robinson of the MMA.. If God were to construct a perfect MMA f!ghter, Jones would be the closest one to that f!ghter.
Agreed.

Why do people build up legends so big that they make'm sound unbeatable? I Swear the same guys that were saying Shogun was gonna win over Jones are the same people saying Silva would win. I'd say he'd stand a great chance in defeating Silva if they were to f!ght and I think he would pull it out. n*gga's acting like they didn't see Chael 30 seconds away from beating Silva...
 7 years ago '04        #43
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
Well, it ain't happening anytime soon thats for sure, Dana today said that Anderson has no interest in f!ghting at 205 whatsoever... I think its cuz of Machida...
 7 years ago '05        #44
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 Optimus Crime said:
Anderson Silva is one of my favorite f!ghters, but it seems like you have something against Bones...

I am indeed a fan of Mr. Wonderful. I think he's great for the sport, and I definitely like what I'm seeing when he f!ghts. BUT you mention his BJJ, and his wrestling. And JBJ has shown time and time again how much effect wrestlers have on him... 0 and you mention his Lloyd Irvin BJJ credentials. He's only a Blue Belt. Brandon Vera was a Brown Belt under Irvin and we saw what happened to him. Shogun was a Black Belt notorious for getting under people and easily sweeping them. NEUTRALIZED You talk about JBJ not proving himself, yet you put all of this stock into Mr. Wonderful, who has shown EVEN LESS than JBJ...

I just feel that you're mostly discounting JBJ's accomplishments. No matter what you think, Shogun is one of the nastiest f!ghters I've seen f!ght. I remember seeing him break my boy Rampage's ribs and Soccer Kick him into Oblivion back in Pride. Rampage is notoriously tough to finish. He hasn't been finished since '05 which was coincidentally Shogun. And Shogun made it look EASY.

Bones, on the other hand did the same thing to Shogun. There's no reason why the hype train shouldn't be going strong. There were haters when he fought Hamill, He demolished him. There were haters when he fought Bader, He demolished Bader. There were HATERS when he fought Shogun, and he delivered probably the most brutal @$$ Shogun has seen in his career. The Hype is well founded and well earned.

I am not at JBJ fan, Ive said before that I think he is a douchbag, but he is one heck of a young f!ghter. I know that you know MMA so you should know that he would get KO'd in some creative way that we have never seen before against Anderson.

I dont think Phil is ready for JBJ just yet, he needs prolly 2 more f!ghts first but Jones hasnt fought anyone with the explosiveness of Phil Davis. And dont compare Vera to Phil because Vera is pretty much done. Phil has a No Gi championship and no one JBJ has ever fought has those credentials.

I wont compare the 2 yet because I fully believe that they will be f!ghting each other next spring or this winter. But it is my belief that Phil "Mr. Wonderful" Davis will beat Jon Jones, im sure my opinion is biased but I have felt this way for a while.

Also, Im not hating on Bones, but Im not going to jump out the window either. He annihilated Shogun so he gets props but as of right now he doesnt belong in the same paragraph with Anderson who was cleaned out his division and embarrassed the former LHW champ.
 7 years ago '07        #45
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 MysticKJ said:
Davis is a blue belt, Bones is a white belt, who beat a black belt in Shogun...in MMA, other factors than BJJ skills come into play, size, strength, etc...Davis has won various tournaments, which is more than can be said about other f!ghters, so he is obviously a lot better than would seem...technically, Matt Hughes is a white belt...

Davis is much larger/stronger than Shogun and Vera, it's safe to a.ssume he may achieve more success with being able to move his hips while underneath Bones...or maybe he could sub Bones if he got a takedown...

but at the moment, Bones beats Davis imo....but in the future, Davis does have a good submission game that exceeds his 'paper rank' of Blue belt...
These are compelling arguments, but there are a few factors that can be taken into account either way. I'm not saying that Bones is impossible to beat. I'm also taking NOTHING from Mr. Wonderful. I've stated that I'm a fan and I see him doing great things. I'm talking from the Bones fan perspective, because a lot of the people "looking" for someone that they can get behind to beat JBJ were the same people writing him off against Shogun, Bader, etc. And it's unilateral thinking behind who can beat who

Plus I can only recall Phil Davis winning one BJJ tournament. The No Gi in 2009. Not various, and Shogun won South America and he doesn't even like competing in BJJ tournaments lol. And while Phil Davis is strong, that is something that aids in wrestling ability, not in BJJ. The whole premise of BJJ is that size doesn't matter when it comes to skill.

People are saying give Phil Davis time and he'll be ready, like Jon Jones isn't going to get exponentially better in the time it takes Mr. Wonderful to get ready. Jon Jones is 23, Phil Davis is 26. Bones is probably 5 years away from his prime and he's looking SCARY good.

You're also right about "paper" ranks. But then again, you forgot some other people with excellent awareness. With No BJJ Training. Sean Sherk GIVES his neck up so because he knows people can't guillotine him. Same thing with Jon Fitch. Rashad Evans has never been subbed. Rampage has fought almost 40 f!ghts, and been subbed once. I'm pretty sure Greg Jackson is drilling sub defense to JBJ, as most of his f!ghters don't really get subbed that often. So on the other side of the coin. While JBJ is a whitebelt, you can be a white belt with unparalleled sub defense.
 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM         #46
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the spider would whoop that fool a.ss
 7 years ago '08        #47
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,118 | Props total: 2650 2650
lmao@ thinking this rookie can f**k with the GOAT right now
gimme a break
 7 years ago '10        #48
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
lets take baby steps people.........he's not ready for silva
 7 years ago '07        #49
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,833 | Props total: 1998 1998
 ra1n said:
Don't wanna see Bones destroy another legend...

Look what Chael Sonnen did to Silva
that had to be a troll post

Lorenzo did what he had to do and thats make people talk and boy will people talk about that f!ght even though it is realistically at the very least a year to come

now people need to stop talking about Mr. Wonderful as of right now there is no way this f!ght would also be orchestrated in this coming year now I believe he will get his title shot in do time and I can't wait for it and thats what we should be focusing on wtf are we talking about a JBJ Silva super f!ght when JBJ hasn't even begun cleaning his division?

btw JBJ elbows are nasty but

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #50
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
I hope it happens and he ends the myth about Silva once and for all,GSP could do it either

Jones easily took out a guy better than anyone Silva has fought

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 03-20-2011 at 08:47 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #51
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
anderson is the goat...but i dont think hes a lock to beat jones. and i wouldnt even be that impressed if jbj beat anderson. jbj could easily f!ght at HW and to beat a guy who has to go up in weight to f!ght at 205, doesnt prove s**t to me. maybe id want to see this f!ght at a catch weight of like 195, but jones hasnt done s**t yet to earn some sort of super f!ght. if he dominates the LHW division id rather see him f!ght HW's.
 03-20-2011, 08:53 PM         #52
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
they both have that 'you ain't hitting me' style...it could wind up boring like most Mayweather f!ghts

I say give Bones 2 title defenses (probably Evans and Rampage) and if he walks through them, start talking about someone like Silva coming up to 205 or jones moving up
shows how much you watch boxing.
 7 years ago '09        #53
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 Cee4our said:
anderson is the goat...but i dont think hes a lock to beat jones. and i wouldnt even be that impressed if jbj beat anderson. jbj could easily f!ght at HW and to beat a guy who has to go up in weight to f!ght at 205, doesnt prove s**t to me. maybe id want to see this f!ght at a catch weight of like 195, but jones hasnt done s**t yet to earn some sort of super f!ght. if he dominates the LHW division id rather see him f!ght HW's.
He obviously has done s**t if it would be deemed a super f!ght,there are not many f!ghts that would be deemed super f!ghts in MMA either

He is a UFC champion in a better weight class,thats justification enough of him being worthy to f!ght the man Sonnen dominated for 5 rounds
 03-20-2011, 08:57 PM         #54
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not going to come in here and act like I'm a casual MMA fan because I'm not, more so a boxing dude....but from what I've seen from Jone's, if you think dude doesn't have a chance, then you need to watch some of his footage, dude is on another level...it seems like silva is the popular name now and bones is the under dog, that's all cool, but if they link up, bones could put that s**t away EASY.
 7 years ago '05        #55
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 ShadyVsEminem said:
He obviously has done s**t if it would be deemed a super f!ght,there are not many f!ghts that would be deemed super f!ghts in MMA either
hype makes it a superf!ght...not the accomplishments of the f!ghter
 7 years ago '07        #56
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
Lorenzo is a genius... With one tweet, he has the internet going nuts, on a f!ght that will probably never happen...
 7 years ago '05        #57
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,584 | Props total: 1341 1341
 Optimus Crime said:
Lorenzo is a genius... With one tweet, he has the internet going nuts, on a f!ght that will probably never happen...
Right. These cross-weightclass "superf!ghts" don't interest me at all, to be honest.

I feel like we'll have a better chance of seeing Bones move up to HW rather than see him f!ght Anderson Silva.
 7 years ago '04        #58
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 Optimus Crime said:
Basically...
 7 years ago '08        #59
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,118 | Props total: 2650 2650

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #60
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 Optimus Crime said:
People were already buzzin before the tweet. I didn't even know this topic was about a tweet until you point it out
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago