Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva...

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
88 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
7253 pageviews
146 comments

Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25744 25744
Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva...

[pic - click to view]

Step aside, Georges St. Pierre, there's a new super f!ght in town for fans to think about and bandy over ad nauseum.

Following his absolutely dominating victory over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 128 on Saturday night, Jon "Bones" Jones became the youngest champion in UFC history, and set himself up for a f!ght against teammate Rashad Evans for the belt later this year. But after that, the f!ght a lot of people will want to see is Jones against another man who has dominated competition throughout his UFC career: Anderson Silva.

"The Spider" hasn't had a desire to jump back up to 205 lbs. due to his dominance at middleweight, and the fact that some friends and teammates have been up at the top of the division. However, with Jones now on top, many will see that matchup as one of the most interesting the UFC could put together right now.

With Silva's destruction of Forrest Griffin and James Irvin at 205 lbs., he's already got a proven track record of success at the weight. And though he'd be giving up size to Jones much like GSP would to him, the difference wouldn't be as drastic as the potential Silva vs. GSP bout would be.

With GSP not showing a huge interest in going up for the Silva f!ght, and Silva having at least one real challenger left for his belt in the middleweight division in Yushin Okami, a Jones-Silva f!ght at the end of the year or in early 2012 is the way to go.

Jones needs to f!ght Rashad Evans next, but after that f!ght things are murky as all hell at light heavyweight. There are a lot of former champions hanging around the top of the division, and with no clear challengers in line after Evans, Silva jumping up after a win over Okami sometime this year would be excellent.

With the way in which Jones won the f!ght against Shogun, it's hard to see anyone at 205 lbs. that has a real chance at dethroning the 23-year-old phenom. With how unbeatable Silva himself has been inside the Octagon, this would make for an epic matchup for the UFC and for both f!ghters.

Georges St. Pierre doesn't have to make the move up in weight. He's a perfect size for the welterweight division and has reigned atop for the last several years. If he defeats Jake Shields next month, there's nothing wrong with him staying the champ at welterweight and continuing to exert his dominance over that division. Even though he'd end up in a number of rematches, there's something to be said for him having a long reign.

Jones-Silva simply now makes more sense for me, and though I'm at this point firmly entrenched in the belief that Jones may be as close to unbeatable as any f!ghter we've seen in the UFC. Barring injury, he may just be the man who crushes "The Spider." Though "The Machida Era" ended up being far too premature, Jones' era is truly just beginning. This would be an incredible opportunity for the UFC to put together a massive superf!ght that simply makes more sense than the one they've talked about with GSP.

Keep reading! Below are links to the six most recent Penick's Take articles. If they're red and not grey, you haven't read them yet... (or click here to return to front page main listing).

lorenzo owner of ufc tweeted this two minutes ago....
Bones vs. Silva? Who wants it?

[pic - click to view]

Twitter / Lorenzo Fertitta: Bones vs. Silva? Who want ...

146 comments for "Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva..."

7 years ago '06        #2
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,480 | Props total: 257 257
NobOdy can or will beat anderson silva!!!!!!!!
 7 years ago '04        #3
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
they both have that 'you ain't hitting me' style...it could wind up boring like most Mayweather f!ghts

I say give Bones 2 title defenses (probably Evans and Rampage) and if he walks through them, start talking about someone like Silva coming up to 205 or jones moving up
 7 years ago '10        #4
Alerts 221 heat pts221
space
space
$15,313 | Props total: 5258 5258
Don't want to see Silva f!ght him,
 7 years ago '04        #5
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1296 1296
this is a joke right?
 7 years ago '06        #6
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,497 | Props total: 4814 4814
Lorenzo Fertitta is an idiot for tweeting that
 7 years ago '06        #7
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,367 | Props total: 2081 2081
I like Bones Jones and all but this is exactly the same kind of hype Machida was receiving. On top of that, he has the same issue for me that Machida did...His chin hasn't been tested yet.

idk why Shogun didn't throw any leg kicks last night, would of been the only logical game plan for him. The reach advantage was way to much.
 7 years ago '05        #8
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
would be a good f!ght but the same result as usual
 03-20-2011, 10:28 AM         #9
ThugLuv5450 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bones isnt losing to Silva....Bones is THAT GOOD
 03-20-2011, 10:30 AM         #10
rey2reyes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He needs to defend the title before f!ghting the best p4p f!ghter in the world.. That was a really stupid tweet and it's just not going to happen. I would be excited but Silva wouldn't lose that f!ght.
 7 years ago '10        #11
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15695 15695
 Alerts said:
Don't want to see Silva f!ght him,
^^^^^This

I dont want to see my n*gga Jones Lose anytime soon
 7 years ago '05        #12
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 Laid Back said:
I like Bones Jones and all but this is exactly the same kind of hype Machida was receiving. On top of that, he has the same issue for me that Machida did...His chin hasn't been tested yet.

idk why Shogun didn't throw any leg kicks last night, would of been the only logical game plan for him. The reach advantage was way to much.
yeah but you know when the UFC puts the hype machine behind someone, all the casual fans start chiming in. That was a great win last night for Bones, but Anderson is one of the GOAT, and if you think JBJ is going to throw around Anderson like that you have another thing coming.

I dont care what anyone says either, Phil Davis has the tools to beat JBJ. No way JBJ takes Phil down or manhandles him in the clinch. Mr. Wonderful can take him down and control him.
 7 years ago '05        #13
trb_5 
space
space
$5,356 | Props total: 750 750
 44Caliber said:
yeah but you know when the UFC puts the hype machine behind someone, all the casual fans start chiming in. That was a great win last night for Bones, but Anderson is one of the GOAT, and if you think JBJ is going to throw around Anderson like that you have another thing coming.

I dont care what anyone says either, Phil Davis has the tools to beat JBJ. No way JBJ takes Phil down or manhandles him in the clinch. Mr. Wonderful can take him down and control him.
honestly...n*ggas were saying the same s**t about how shogun was gonna whoop jones a.ss....we have never seen a f!ghter like jones before....he is so fluid....he is a bigger anderson silva and he i would bet my house he would beat anderson silva
 7 years ago '05        #14
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
^ this

There's really nothing pointing to Jones losing any f!ght or against anyone.. This guy has never been hurt or in trouble a day in his life.. His confidence is running at all alltime high, and he just doesn't seem to know how to lose.. He's so much smarter than what people give him credit for, and he plays to his stregnths perfectly.. Does anyone know a justifiable "weakness" this kid has?

Stand up striking is solid, ground game is phenomenal, physical stats are off the charts, strength is out of this world for a LHW.. He's like the Sugar Ray Robinson of the MMA.. If God were to construct a perfect MMA f!ghter, Jones would be the closest one to that f!ghter.
 7 years ago '06        #15
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479 OP
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25744 25744
 ra1n said:
Don't wanna see Bones destroy another legend...

Look what Chael Sonnen did to Silva
tapped his leg so he wouldn't pass out i agree
 7 years ago '07        #16
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
He needs to beat Rashad and Rampage first since they on deck then we can talk Anderson Silva.
 7 years ago '10        #17
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21125 21125
I like Jones but let's be serious. Going against Silva? ...I wouldn't want to f!ght him on my best day.
 7 years ago '07        #18
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
 ra1n said:
Don't wanna see Bones destroy another legend...

Look what Chael Sonnen did to Silva
Took steroids, tapped out and lost the f!ght?

That is destroying a legend? BX lost!
 7 years ago '05        #19
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
This f!ght would be idiotic this early. The LHW belt has switched around over the past couple of years so it's not like he beat a true champion. Lets wait until he has a few title defenses against the likes of Machida, Rashad, and maybe Phil Davis before we give him a f!ght with the best in the game.

You gotta pay your dues to f!ght the best, look what happen to brock. Andersons not gonna move up in weight to f!ght some kid

The Hype is getting ridiculous...
 03-20-2011, 11:55 AM         #20
ThugLuv5450 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Spider dont want it with the kid BONEs JONES
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
62 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy