Wyclef Jean shot in the hand in haiti

most viewed right now
Drake- Iím Upset
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rhymefest Responds To Kim Kardashian!
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kim Kardashian ethers Rhymefest!!
198 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent and floyd mayweather beefing again #getthestrap
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
Panasonic 85 heat pts85
space
space
$5,724 | Props total: 1903 1903
Feeeel my boTTTTTTYY get COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOLD
 7 years ago '10        #62
JKO 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,305 | Props total: 1124 1124
 dc91 said:

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #63
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,412 | Props total: 1597 1597
#WhoshotWyclef is a trending topic on twitter.
 7 years ago '05        #64
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 6 6
Busta Rhymes and Jimmie "Henchman" Rosemond were in the car with clef when he got hit..thats crazy
 7 years ago '05        #65
lordk 21 heat pts21
space
space
$161 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #66
flip_20001trini 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$503 | Props total: 260 260
As Haitians head to the polls to vote for their next president, former candidate Wyclef Jean is recovering Sunday from being shot in the hand. "He is doing well," his publicist, Cindy Tanenbaum, tells CNN. The Haiti-born hip-hop artist, 41, was shot in Port-au-Prince on Saturday, the night before the country's presidential runoff election. Jean previously had his eyes on the executive office in Haiti, but officials in Haiti barred his presidential candidacy in August because he lives primarily in New Jersey. The results of the runoff election, which is between former first lady Mirlande Manigat and singer Michel Martelly, will Ľ

source :
 7 years ago '10        #67
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$22,510 | Props total: 14557 14557
You to close mon
 7 years ago '08        #68
flix02 2064 heat pts2064
space
space
$10,670 | Props total: 4056 4056

Wyclef Jean claims he was shot in Haiti while police say he cut his hand on glass in election chaos

Haitians headed to the polls to pick a new president Sunday among conflicting reports that former candidate wannabe Wyclef Jean was shot.

Jean said a bullet grazed his hand as he stepped out of a car to make a phone call, but local police claim he was only injured by glass.

"The way I can explain it is that the bullet grazed me in my right hand," said the hip-hop singer, who has been in Haiti campaigning on behalf of Michel (Sweet Micky) Martelly. "I heard blow, blow, blow and I just looked at my hand."

Jean said he was in a car with a driver in the Delmas section of the capital at the time. He doesn't know who fired the shots, or whether they were directed at him, the 37-year-old Grammy winner said.

Cops down-played the violence, and say the New Jersey resident - a Haitian-American who hoped to compete in the Caribbean nation's ongoing presidential race - suffered only a minor cut to his hand from glass in an apparent accident.

"We met with the doctor who saw him and he confirmed Wyclef was cut by glass," Vanel Lacroix, police chief in Petionville where Jean is staying, told Reuters.

Meanwhile, voters lined up before dawn to choose either a former first lady or a popular singer to help the shattered country rebuild after the catastrophic 2010 earthquake.

A first round of votes took place in November, but only 23 percent of 4.7 million eligible Haitians cast ballots and the legitimacy of that 18-candidate race was widely contested. Polling stations were trashed and most of the candidates called for a re-run even before the polls had even closed.

This time around, voting appeared to get off to a relatively smooth start. Some polling stations opened late, while others initially lacked ballots and ink.

But Edmond Mulet, head of the U.N. mission in Haiti, said there were far fewer delays than during the first round.

"Everything is peaceful, is more or less OK, much better than Nov. 28," Mulet told The a.ssociated Press as he toured polling stations.

Sunday's election pits two vastly contrasting personalities against one another. Mirlande Manigat, a 70-year-old university administrator, former first lady and former senator, against Martelly, a 50-year-old pop singer and carnival performer known for crude onstage antics.

The winner will face major challenges, in a quake-ravaged country where nearly a million people are living on the streets and a cholera epidemic has claimed almost 5,000 lives since mid-October.

Among the hurdles: The Senate and Chamber of Deputies controlled by the party of outgoing President Rene Preval, who was barred by the constitution from running for re-election. And 800,000 earthquake victims remain in "temporary settlement camps."

Also complicating matters: Two former presidents are watching from the sidelines.

Jean-Bertrand Aristide, 57, who was ousted in a 2004 rebellion, returned from exile in South Africa on Friday - two days before the election. His appearance sparked feverish speculation over his motivations, intentions and what kind of impact his polarizing presence would have on the race.

Jean-Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalier, made a shock return to Haiti of his own in January, ending his own 25-year exile.

Polls are scheduled to close at 4 p.m., and preliminary results announced March 31.

With News Wire Services

Read more:

Last edited by flix02; 03-20-2011 at 04:01 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #69
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,112 | Props total: 290 290
this n*gga thinks hes bob marley now
publicity stunt
careers over

/career
 7 years ago '10        #70
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3753 3753
 JayDawn said:
You to close mon
 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM         #71
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
his boy did it
 7 years ago '05        #72
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 20 20
 JayDawn said:
You to close mon
I'm done.
 7 years ago '04        #73
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,601 | Props total: 1645 1645
Thank you bx
 7 years ago '09        #74
EA5ER1 
space
space
$648 | Props total: 396 396
i could care less. i never liked this n*gga. alwayz came off as fake 2 me
 7 years ago '06        #75
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$34,136 | Props total: 16044 16044
 dc91 said:
perfect first reply...........
 7 years ago '05        #76
Sivraj 347 heat pts347
space
space
$46,810 | Props total: 13197 13197
 dc91 said:
Irony
 7 years ago '04        #77
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,938 | Props total: 5782 5782
 Ichiban Mugen said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #78
sixmillion007 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,573 | Props total: 177 177
You guys are too much

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
#bigbreasttwitter
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
56 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
77 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobarís hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1344 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj Reveals She's Dating Eminem
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This guy slaps your girls ass... wyd
118 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are Californiaís Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
113 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy