Anthony Robles (Born with One Leg) Wins NCAA Wrestling Championship

most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Swizz Beatz Gets Implicated in $42 Million Exotic Car Flipping Scheme..
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Game Caught Frauding Yet again.:memedudehah:
284 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MLB Reports Jose Fernandez has been killed in a boating accident.
302 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
10349 pageviews
40 comments

jtread 16 heat pts16
space
space
$444 | Props total: 16 16
Anthony Robles (Born with One Leg) Wins NCAA Wrestling Championship

[pic - click to view]

After winning the NCAA wrestling championship Saturday in the 125-pound class to cap a perfect senior season, Anthony Robles hopped off the mat and leaped into the arms of Arizona State coach Shawn Charles.

Born without a right leg, the 22-year-old Robles beat defending champion Matt McDonough of Iowa, 7-1, in their final at the Wells Fargo Center.
After finishing fourth in the NCAAs two years ago and seventh last year, Robles went 36-0 as a senior using a mat style all his own.

The match was close by Robles' standards this season. He earned 24 of his victories by technical falls (margins of 15 points or better.).
Just before the start, Robles stood on one leg as he quickly shook the hand of McDonough at the center of the mat. As usual, Robles dropped to one knee at the opening whistle, supporting himself with his hands and arms. The empty right pants leg of his gold Arizona State singlet flapped around as he wrestled.
In the opening period, Robles got a two-point takedown and two points for exposing McDonough's back to the mat. That put him up 4-0. Later in the opening period, he got three more backs points to take a 7-0 lead. McDonough lone point came in the final period. Robles was penalized one point for stalling.
The sellout crowd of 17,099 gave Robles a standing ovation as he stood atop the podium with his crutch.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by jtread; 03-19-2011 at 09:04 PM..

40 comments for "Anthony Robles (Born with One Leg) Wins NCAA Wrestling Championship"

6 years ago '05        #2
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
s**t seems unfair to me.
 6 years ago '06        #3
jj01 
space
space
$42,936 | Props total: 1271 1271
respect.
 6 years ago '06        #4
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,927 | Props total: 5 5
Mad respect.
 6 years ago '04        #5
mistatnn 
space
space
$4,398 | Props total: 469 469
Respect but this s**t funny lolol...How the hell do you lose to a guy with one leg?!? I actually feel bad for the dude who lost. The rest of the semester hes gonna be getting clowned lol
 6 years ago '06        #6
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,992 | Props total: 40 40
Legit question:

Who's gonna play him in the movie?

Big ups to that kid...that's epic.
 6 years ago '04        #7
TheGame4705 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,482 | Props total: 4 4
 mistatnn said:
Respect but this s**t funny lolol...How the hell do you lose to a guy with one leg?!? I actually feel bad for the dude who lost. The rest of the semester hes gonna be getting clowned lol
the n*gga was undefeated and WON the NCAA championship wit one leg so i dont think hes the only one u should feel bad for.
 6 years ago '06        #8
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,831 | Props total: 0 0
This is honestly historical. Look at the history of the sport of wrestling. It can be marked centuries ago. I don't think in the modern century has there been anyone like this dude..

Mad respect.
 6 years ago '05        #9
Hold That 101 heat pts101
space
space
$33,650 | Props total: 3550 3550
 mistatnn said:
Dude he's NCAA champion(the guy with one leg).. So plenty of people lost to him.. And he's kinda of got an unfair advantage, because it's hard to probably grip someone with such a low center of gravity like that..
 6 years ago '04        #10
brownie_d 9 heat pts
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
Didn't know having 1 leg actually gave someone a leg up (no pun intended) on the competition but good on him for winning.

How does the game of wrestling actually work?
 03-20-2011, 12:25 AM         #11
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn not only was he winning, but he was winning in dominate fashion. I heard about him 2 or 3 years ago, saw him on the podium reppin.
 6 years ago '05        #12
Bea5T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,497 | Props total: 68 68
 iCON-8 said:
This is honestly historical. Look at the history of the sport of wrestling. It can be marked centuries ago. I don't think in the modern century has there been anyone like this dude..

Mad respect.

not to be "that" guy but.....

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #13
PEK 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,826 | Props total: 956 956
 Hold That said:
Dude he's NCAA champion(the guy with one leg).. So plenty of people lost to him.. And he's kinda of got an unfair advantage, because it's hard to probably grip someone with such a low center of gravity like that..
He really does have a couple of unfair advantages when you think about it. Because he's missing a leg, his upper body strength is much than the 125lb kids that he's wrestling. He probably has the upper body strength of someone thats 40-50lbs heavier than him.
 03-20-2011, 12:49 AM         #14
JoeyTheGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '05        #15
YonkasNative 
space
space
space
$730 | Props total: 58 58
His nickname should be The Worm
 6 years ago '06        #16
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
I remember when I was in high school, my boy wrestled against a kid with NO legs for the state championship...my boy won, and the crowd boo'd the s**t out of him.
 03-20-2011, 02:48 AM         #17
mikefernandes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mistatnn said:
i dont find this s**t funny at all no diss on you ........but i find it really insane how he can just stand still with only one leg like that.........thats skill

6 years ago '09        #18
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 86 86
 Hold That said:
I knew I wasn't the only one thinking that. First off just looking at him throws me off and since wrestling is mostly grabs he has less to grab on. Plus he's probably stronger then every one else. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat so If we're both 125 and your missing a Leg you already know who has more muscle mass. Any way Congrats to dude. His Opponents should have known this before they stepped on the mat.
 6 years ago '09        #19
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 86 86
 mikefernandes said:
i dont find this s**t funny at all no diss on you ........but i find it really insane how he can just stand still with only one leg like that.........thats skill

You Can't Stand on one Leg?
 6 years ago '12        #20
DoMieD 4 heat pts
space
space
$46,459 | Props total: 637 637
As a wrestler I can tell you he has a s**tload of unfair advantages.. If u watch that lil video you will notice dude couodnt get off his back bc there was no leg to grab.. He didnt know what to do and ut cost him 2 back points

I wrestled a guy with no legs and he has a less advantage than a guy with 1, but he was still strong as f**k and hard to manuver around
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
151 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
31 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
381 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RGIII - Y'all better leave me and my Becky be
80 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Fūck a hooters!
54 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlotte PD To Release (Some) Keith Scott Videos, Blame Stop On Weed Now
246 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
62 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy