Calisthenics vs Weight Lifting??

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Slaps
 03-19-2011, 07:43 AM         #1
7673 pageviews
18 comments

allstar32 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Calisthenics vs Weight Lifting??

Which one do you n*ggas think is more effective? I started lifting about 2 years ago to get more muscle mass and get out that skinny stage. I did get some bulk but then i switched to all body weight workouts about 2 months ago to see the difference, i feel stronger, look more toned up and i gained a little more mass and feel better overall. Variations of pullups and pushups are damn near magic

18 comments for "Calisthenics vs Weight Lifting??"

03-19-2011, 12:30 PM         #2
Dream914  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i do both. but if i had to chose weights.
 7 years ago '06        #3
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
chinups are where its at bruh...
 7 years ago '06        #4
Jhnnyblz427 174 heat pts174
space
space
$35,280 | Props total: 18156 18156
i do both.
 7 years ago '04        #5
LightWeight 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,369 | Props total: 1911 1911
i hardly could do ten push ups....now im doin like 70 a day...but liftin weights on the other hand...s**tt.....im tryn tho...
 7 years ago '05        #6
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
 allstar32 said:
Which one do you n*ggas think is more effective? I started lifting about 2 years ago to get more muscle mass and get out that skinny stage. I did get some bulk but then i switched to all body weight workouts about 2 months ago to see the difference, i feel stronger, look more toned up and i gained a little more mass and feel better overall. Variations of pullups and pushups are damn near magic
yea i do the same, to work your abs put your legs in the air, gem.

But how do you work your legs with calisthenics
 7 years ago '04        #7
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
It's good to switch things up and try new things. Nothing wrong with doing weighted pull-ups or dips. Could even go so far to add plyometrics to your regimen.

pkilla111 said:
i agree. most people that lift weights cant even pull or push their own body weight. that being said i think u need both
Proof? Nope.... ok.

Jabo1091 said:
yea i do the same, to work your abs put your legs in the air, gem.

But how do you work your legs with calisthenics
Squats, lunges, etc.
 03-22-2011, 07:36 AM         #8
allstar32  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I cant lie pullups and pushups are still the truth. I noticed a big difference when i switched to all body weight workouts......more tone, feel stronger, and just good in general. When i was lifting weights there were days when i felt strong, other days i felt kind of weaker for some reason...............and chin ups and military pushups got my arms NICE!
 7 years ago '08        #9
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 399 399
In high school, my dude was the king of calisthetics.

...so one day, I took him to the gym with me and that s**t didn't translate. I still chuckle at his failure to this day, B.

Doing 100 push-ups and s**t like that is good and impressive in a certain way, but that s**t has never made any sense to me.
 7 years ago '04        #10
SubConscious 48 heat pts48
space
space
$17,328 | Props total: 67369 67369
 get_ate said:

...so one day, I took him to the gym with me and that s**t didn't translate. I still chuckle at his failure to this day, B.

Doing 100 push-ups and s**t like that is good and impressive in a certain way, but that s**t has never made any sense to me.
i co-sign 110%
 7 years ago '06        #11
richardgil 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$831 | Props total: 87 87
Meanwhile, I laugh at the guy that can bench press 350, yet can't do 10 pull-ups... to each his own.
Mxllz gave props

7 years ago '05        #12
marq 
space
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
 get_ate said:

on the other hand plenty of people can bench 300 and can't do 40 pushups. The idea is being great at one doesn't mean you can do the other.

What you really want to do is train for performance in some kind of activity (if you don't have an activity at all just pick things everyone will do at some point like moving, swimming, rec sports, etc.)

If that training means you do more calisthenics and less weights or vice versa so be it.
 7 years ago '06        #13
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 richardgil said:
Meanwhile, I laugh at the guy that can bench press 350, yet can't do 10 pull-ups... to each his own.
I would love to see you go to someone face who can bench 350 and said they weak cuz they can't do 10 pull-ups
 7 years ago '08        #14
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 399 399
 niceguy954 said:
I would love to see you go to someone face who can bench 350 and said they weak cuz they can't do 10 pull-ups
Namean?

Yo, right now I'm benching 340lbs. for 5 reps each set and doing pull-ups with 100lbs (2 45lbs. and a 10lbs.) strapped to my belt.

f**k calisthenics, B.
 7 years ago '09        #15
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7950 7950
 richardgil said:
i rather be able to bench press 400 pounds then be able to do 10 pull-ups
 7 years ago '05        #16
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
I've noticed the guys I know with the most all out strength do both. Push ups and pull ups are very essential. Ask Herschel Walker why he has the body and strength of a 20 year old. He'll tell you daily pushups. I noticed I got the strongest when I was mixing in pushups every morning and with some of my workouts. Just saying.
 03-23-2011, 03:36 PM         #17
allstar32  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I started out with weights for like 2 years, barely did pushups and pullups......but when i started focusing more on those i noticed a different level of strength and tone
 03-27-2011, 08:14 PM         #18
Quice  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i do both
tomorrow morning im lifting weights then when i leave school its calisthenics. works perfect
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy