Lupe Fiasco Reacts To First #1 Debut

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
143 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
65 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
SM 38153 heat pts38153
space
space
$127,747 | Props total: 66879 66879
 Brainwave said:
Following your suit
[pic - click to view]

what are you f**king 10

you better go finish your homework and go to bed so your not tired for school tomorrow
 03-16-2011, 11:37 PM         #62
MrMixtapeMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's happy. congrats to lupe for that.
 7 years ago '06        #63
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 Arson said:
s**t was dope. and get the f**k outta here with this bittersweet bulls**t. F&L2 is comin, stop crying
/thread..
 7 years ago '06        #64
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
not better than his last cd tho
 7 years ago '04        #65
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 32 32
Its his worst album to date...how does this happen? I'm not saying he doesn't deserve #1, but I just wish it would have happened with either of his previous albums.
 7 years ago '10        #66
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 8112 8112
His twitter rap was doper than anything anybody's spit this month.

Wasalu is the best at it, only dumb n*ggas who do get it say otherwise
 7 years ago '05        #67
blackjackdre 
space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
Lasers was good but not on par with F&L and The Cool
 7 years ago '04        #68
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 CTre said:
That theory makes no sense.. The Label would just be wasting money.. You think Atlantic is going to spend money on buying albums just so Lupe Fiasco will make a certain type of music while they're not making any extra profit in the process of them doing this because they bought the albums their selves..? LOL WTF... No.. they wanted him to make music that sells.. it's simple..
 Ra-da-god said:
that makes no sense at all, the point of the whole feud was they wanted lupe to make music they felt was going to maximize their profits it wouldn't make sense for them to buy all his albums just so they could prove a point infact if they bought all the album they'd be proving him right.

from my understanding the way labels buy albums is that they'll sell a certain store X amount of records and then shortly after buy those albums back at the whole sale/same price that they sold them to the store for originally. Then once the label has them back in their possession they'll just ship them out again. It gets counted on the soundscan because once that store has the records in their possession it's their property so once it leaves the store for whatever reason it's counted a a sale and therefore tallied into soundscan. The record company shouldn't lose any money because they are buying them back for the same price they sold them for and then selling them back again. Another common practice that certain retailers have admitted to is the company shipping them the records for free just so they can scan them and having them ship them back to the company. What it does help is the "impression" the album makes. Big sales numbers = promotion, having a number 1 album on the charts = promotion, it'll ultimately cause more attention to be drawn to your album and the casual fan will a.ssume it's good if it's selling. Ultimately it also helps draw profit to the label where it matters the most and that's with it's shareholders who watch the charts VERY closely to determine how they will be handling their equity in the company. If your share holders see albums are selling well then they will be confident in keeping or buying more stock but if you keep collecting loses especially with the current climate of the industry then it will make them consider selling your stock. This is why you have labels being so timid with releasing certain acts nowadays due to the uncertainty of their success, labels only want "safe" releases so they can keep their bottom line impressive and ultimately maintain their share holders. So you have artists sitting on the shelf for years until they come up with something very marketable. This is just what I've heard though.

Last edited by psylence2k; 03-17-2011 at 02:28 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #69
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 psylence2k said:
from my understanding the way labels buy albums is that they'll sell a certain store X amount of records and then shortly after buy those albums back at the whole sale/same price that they sold them to the store for originally. Then once the label has them back in their possession they'll just ship them out again. It gets counted on the soundscan because once that store has the records in their possession it's their property so once it leaves the store for whatever reason it's counted a a sale and therefore tallied into soundscan. The record company shouldn't lose any money because they are buying them back for the same price they sold them for and then selling them back again. What it does help is the "impression" the album makes. Big sales numbers = promotion, having a number 1 album on the charts = promotion, it'll ultimately cause more attention to be drawn to your album and the casual fan will a.ssume it's good if it's selling. Ultimately it also helps draw profit to the label where it matters the most and that's with it's shareholders who watch the charts VERY closely to determine how they will be handling their equity in the company. If your share holders see albums are selling well then they will be confident in keeping or buying more stock but if you keep collecting loses especially with the current climate of the industry then it will make them consider selling your stock. This is why you have labels being so timid with releasing certain acts nowadays due to the uncertainty of their success, labels only want "safe" releases so they can keep their bottom line impressive and ultimately maintain their share holders. So you have artists sitting on the shelf for years until they come up with something very marketable. This is just what I've heard though.
if thats the case why didn't they just make lupe go gold the first week??
 7 years ago '04        #70
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,323 | Props total: 511 511
 Ra-da-god said:
that makes no sense at all, the point of the whole feud was they wanted lupe to make music they felt was going to maximize their profits it wouldn't make sense for them to buy all his albums just so they could prove a point infact if they bought all the album they'd be proving him right.

no it wouldn't it would have either never came out or the so called "real hip hop fans" would have downloaded it like yall do every artist yall "love"

raekwon
little brother
Big Boi
Slum village
talib kweli
Saigon
Nas
The roots
Redman
Joell ortiz
Joe budden

All these artist have dropped quality traditional boom bap hip hop albums within the last 12 months these are artist that yall claim yall love and yet none are over 300k sold I bought 4 out of that list how many did yall buy?
thats where your wrong son. lupe was the most anticipated artist for the year. i would have went and bought his album but knowing his label took controll of it and he didnt he even like it i save my money. I bought the cool because it was real hiphop so stop a.ssuming and all them n*ggas you name had there time its lupe's time
 7 years ago '08        #71
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 302 302
I don't follow lupe like some of yall...but if atlantic had control over the music on lasers. Why is every1 talmbout f&l2 will be the next REAL lupe album? What's the difference? Seein as they'll both be on atlantic (I'm a.ssuming)

and now lasers did relatively well...won't atlantic try and control the s**t on FnL2?
 7 years ago '09        #72
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
congrats to lupe, the label didnt wanna release it, now they need to have more faith in the lupe's fanbase! F&L 2!
 03-17-2011, 02:46 PM         #73
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
raekwon
little brother
Big Boi
Slum village
talib kweli
Saigon
Nas
The roots
Redman
Joell ortiz
Joe budden

All these artist have dropped quality traditional boom bap hip hop albums within the last 12 months these are artist that yall claim yall love and yet none are over 300k sold I bought 4 out of that list how many did yall buy?
I bought the bolded ones, and downloaded only the Roots prior to that.

Gotta support true honest to God hip hop music. Didn't know LB and SV had an album out though...gotta go cop that.

Wasn't really interested in any of the other stuff, although I bought the Nas/Damian Marley album.

Last edited by conscious thug; 03-17-2011 at 02:52 PM..
 03-17-2011, 02:51 PM         #74
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphopsince1984 said:
i always felt that way when people would say that about Jay and outkast but i have a feeling deep down that atlantic bought some of those records. its not a principal of money. its a principal of appearance. to show to his fans that hated the album, that he could sell records without them and to show lupe that the label was right and he was wrong. they want him to be a cash cow, year in year out. f**k integrity, internet followings, good music and awards. they just want the sales. now lupe is everywhere. i hear his songs on espn and other stations constantly. the only song of his i ever heard on espn was kick push and go baby for the x games. that was it.

perhaps i sound just as crazy as all those guys talking about the illuminati and the u.s. creating earthquakes. maybe he sold those albums legitimately. congrats lupe
Yeah, but none of that is true.

Say Lupe sold 200k and Atlantic bought 150k. That means he only sold 50k. That's AFTER he was talking about how it wasn't the record he wanted to make.

So if Atlantic buys 150 k, and "prove a point" or whatever to Lupe, and he does it JUST how they wanted him to do it from now on, what does that mean?

That from now on he's guaranteed that 50k? He did it the way the labels wanted it before, and it only sold 50k out of the 200k that supposedly sold.

So how is that being a cash cow? All that does is put Lupe theoretically "in line" so as to not b**ch when the Labels say do something a specific way.

Other than cutting out the complaining from Lupe, this serves ZERO purpose and benefit to the labels. It doesn't relate to more sales, it doesn't relate to anything other than that 50k.

Now, maybe with it being on the radio and everywhere, the NEXT album would do better just off of reaction to THIS album, but by those standards, THIS album should start blowing up after this week. If it doesn't, then your theory doesn't hold.
 7 years ago '07        #75
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,475 | Props total: 6046 6046
so a few weeks ago he got butt hurt because folks on the web said the album sucked so he goes and say that his label made him make a more mainstream album and it wasn't even what he wanted to do and now that its number 1 he's proud of the album?

what a f**king hypocrite.
 7 years ago '10        #76
Lamar Burton 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 389 389
 Ra-da-god said:

no it wouldn't it would have either never came out or the so called "real hip hop fans" would have downloaded it like yall do every artist yall "love"

raekwon
little brother
Big Boi
Slum village
talib kweli
Saigon
Nas
The roots
Redman
Joell ortiz
Joe budden

You speak the truth here. I'm tired of people complaining about how their favorite "real hip-hop" arists album keeps getting pushed back, but never cop when it comes out. Those people are worse than the labels.
 7 years ago '06        #77
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
so a few weeks ago he got butt hurt because folks on the web said the album sucked so he goes and say that his label made him make a more mainstream album and it wasn't even what he wanted to do and now that its number 1 he's proud of the album?

what a f**king hypocrite.
I dont see how he is a hypocrite. How would you feel if yo shi went number 1? He even stated that he knew he dumbed some of his s**t down. Lupe #winning
 7 years ago '05        #78
sicwidit14 
space
space
space
$208 | Props total: 29 29
ALL YALL n*ggaS POPPIN s**t ABOUT THE LABEL BUYIN THE RECORDS ARE STUPID CAUSE EVERY LABEL DOES THAT TO THEIR TOP ARTISTS! YALL CAN BE NAIVE IF YOU WANT BUT YOUR FAV RAPPERS GET THEIR ALBUMS BOUGHT OUT BY THEIR LABELS. SO KNOCK IT OFF!!!
 7 years ago '10        #79
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
lupe fell off
 7 years ago '11        #80
imagnacarta 4 heat pts
space
space
$154 | Props total: 2 2
some silver lining s**t
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
2 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy