Lupe Fiasco Reacts To First #1 Debut

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1569 1569
 ash1990 said:
Nas next solo album will go gold................
f**k that distant relatives was a dope album Jr. gong didn't hurt it, its called music hip hop fans claim they want rap to grow and evolve music wise and then when it does you complain that its too different and its k!lling the genre We'll suffer in the end.

what about the Roots?
what about Redman?
what about Talib kweli?
What abotu big boi?

these artist are releasing the music that "real hip hop fans" claim they want yet the sales numbers dont reflect the so called demand , n*ggaa b**ch and moan all day about how real hip hop doesn't get any love in the mainstream then when one of your favored artist turn around and makes a dent yall hate on him for doing it, yes its super commercial,yes the label tampered with the sound,yes even lupe bashed it but IT SOLD and not only did it sell he didn't switch up his message he's on a techno beat saying god over everything and dissing syrup, he's still doing Lupe and you gotta respect that.
 7 years ago '10        #42
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 460 460
Gotta give lupe his props man. This dude is learning to master how to make appealing mainstream music and still have a positive message saying the things that mos def, jay elect, talib, & them would say. He got it
 7 years ago '09        #43
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,078 | Props total: 8849 8849
 Ra-da-god said:
f**k that distant relatives was a dope album Jr. gong didn't hurt it, its called music hip hop fans claim they want rap to grow and evolve music wise and then when it does you complain that its too different and its k!lling the genre We'll suffer in the end.

what about the Roots?
what about Redman?
what about Talib kweli?
What abotu big boi?

these artist are releasing the music that "real hip hop fans" claim they want yet the sales numbers dont reflect the so called demand , n*ggaa b**ch and moan all day about how real hip hop doesn't get any love in the mainstream then when one of your favored artist turn around and makes a dent yall hate on him for doing it, yes its super commercial,yes the label tampered with the sound,yes even lupe bashed it but IT SOLD and not only did it sell he didn't switch up his message he's on a techno beat saying god over everything and dissing syrup, he's still doing Lupe and you gotta respect that.
I still cop albums, the last album I copped was Apollo kids, I get what your saying
yes I know Distant relative is great a album, I was just letting you know a THAT nas solo would never sell that low
I would copped Redman Reggie the album let's be honest that album was garbage that's why I did'nt cop (yes I copped Red Gone Wild when it first dropped)
Wack albums always sells e.g Nicky minaj album & 50 Cent Curtis
 7 years ago '04        #44
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
all them artist a few I love, but why is big boi in that category... isn't he a "southern" rapper but your talkin about "real hiphop" ..which obviously means good hip hop to those "real hip hop" people That saigon isht is banana's yes I dl'ed e few tracks, but Im a DJ and I needed the clean version..and I do not really listen to much more than what I make in the lab so Im not really buyin music at all..Im not even diggin in the crates right now. budden ortiz that whole slaughter house thing is not my thing..I think you would consider me the "real hip hop " guy if ya didn't know any better.. little brother is not the same .. and I bought rae's last album...from the sound of the new one ...Ill purchase as well. so this whole argument is just a vent cause some where somebody prolly dissed ya favorite pop artist
n*gga I dont have a favorite pop artist (unless you count Jay-z lol) I'm one of the realest hip hop fans on this forum ask around the difference is I actually BUY music and I make music too.

your big boi point was left field and without basis, little brother is the same because atlantic shelved them a few years back for not conforming they had the same setup lupe did infact they had it first saigon aswell.

point blank if you dont support the genre you cant say you are a fan period, props to you playing saigon in you dj routine I wish more dj's would get back to playing what they like rather than whats popular on radio.

you missed my initial point all the artist that so called hip hop fans want to hear never sell well because when a talib kweli or roots or mos def drop those same "die hard elitist" D/l the music instead of supporting it and the "i aintgot it" arguement is tired the same n*gga thats says that will go drop $150 on some J's or blow a bill at the club so f**k that.

whether its Lupe,the roots,Talib,Mos def or emcee underground REAL FANS ACTUALLY BUY MUSIC!

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 03-16-2011 at 04:18 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #45
masterSYKO 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,034 | Props total: 0 0
Props to Lupe. He deserves it whether the album is hot or not.
 7 years ago '09        #46
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389 OP
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
 masterSYKO said:
Props to Lupe. He deserves it whether the album is hot or not.
I agree he's showing he's still relevant which in hip hop is a major feat.
 7 years ago '09        #47
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 1665 1665
I hate the way this n*gga acts, cries about label pressures and gets super excited over sales. He always looking for sympathy and contemplated suicide, man the f**k up and f**k your record sales when the music is trash and dumbed down.
 03-16-2011, 05:43 PM         #48
Quasi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He wants the #1 albums and the mass appeal. He needs to stop acting lik he stands for something different . Underneath all that "anti commercial bravado" is a b**ch who will do anything for a #1 album and a semi hit record. This album proves it.
 7 years ago '04        #49
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,337 | Props total: 13010 13010
 Quasi said:
He wants the #1 albums and the mass appeal. He needs to stop acting lik he stands for something different . Underneath all that "anti commercial bravado" is a b**ch who will do anything for a #1 album and a semi hit record. This album proves it.
He's never been "anti commercial".
 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM         #50
beyondvelvet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Quasi said:
Do you dumbass haters understand that if Lupe didn't conform to what the label wanted LASERS WASN'T COMING OUT PERIOD POINT BLANK.

I think you do understand. You just need another reason to hate.

We winnin over here. FNF!
 7 years ago '07        #51
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
Good for him.
 7 years ago '05        #52
Mannish-Yay 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 2474 2474
 Ra-da-god said:
that makes no sense at all, the point of the whole feud was they wanted lupe to make music they felt was going to maximize their profits it wouldn't make sense for them to buy all his albums just so they could prove a point infact if they bought all the album they'd be proving him right.

no it wouldn't it would have either never came out or the so called "real hip hop fans" would have downloaded it like yall do every artist yall "love"

raekwon
little brother
Big Boi
Slum village
talib kweli
Saigon
Nas
The roots
Redman
Joell ortiz
Joe budden

All these artist have dropped quality traditional boom bap hip hop albums within the last 12 months these are artist that yall claim yall love and yet none are over 300k sold I bought 4 out of that list how many did yall buy?

I understand where you are coming from but its a tax write off. Plus they can hand those albums out at shows or giveaways. People tend to buy albums that are popular just to see what the big deal is. There are billions of people in the world so a few hundred thousand wont hurt the label if they can do 2-3 million and write off the ones they bought.Just like myspace plays. When people learn to trick the #s they use that as "over 1 million plays"...I could be wrong too.Just speaking from a business side.
 7 years ago '10        #53
StreetDose 9 heat pts
space
space
$129 | Props total: 104 104
 Maroon_Tiger said:
he should shout out his label... the same ones who got him that #1

true dat, because he hated on his label hard! and he hated on bloggers for leakin' his music, but now he shoutin' them out and thankin' them for the leaks!! when will these idiots learn!

it's funny cuz you would think if Lupe had valid issues wit' the album before release (like the label makin' him go in a direction he didn't want to) then you'd think he'll still have these issues regardless of sales or not, but it seems the power of money has defeated yet another!! i thought he was the rapper that wouldn't bow down to labels or money --- it was most important to make his point and speak his voice wit' his message, not album sales! guess i was wrong!

nonetheless congrats to the homie! glad he did his numbers! hopefully next album we won't hear any crying and label beefin' or blamin'

Last edited by StreetDose; 03-16-2011 at 06:26 PM..
 03-16-2011, 06:09 PM         #54
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the label won
 7 years ago '04        #55
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Quasi said:
he's anti ignorance not anti commercial and this isn't his first hit nor is it his first commercial success kick push was a platinum single and the cool went gold and spawned 3 multi platinum singles as well as a couple grammys..........

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #56
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
 Ra-da-god said:

no it wouldn't it would have either never came out or the so called "real hip hop fans" would have downloaded it like yall do every artist yall "love"

raekwon
little brother
Big Boi
Slum village
talib kweli
Saigon
Nas
The roots
Redman
Joell ortiz
Joe budden

All these artist have dropped quality traditional boom bap hip hop albums within the last 12 months these are artist that yall claim yall love and yet none are over 300k sold I bought 4 out of that list how many did yall buy?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ra-da-god again.
 7 years ago '08        #57
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
s**t was dope. and get the f**k outta here with this bittersweet bulls**t. F&L2 is comin, stop crying
 7 years ago '09        #58
space
space
 Arson said:
s**t was dope. and get the f**k outta here with this bittersweet bulls**t. F&L2 is comin, stop crying
I agree
 7 years ago '06        #59
SM 38164 heat pts38164
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67131 67131
 Brainwave said:
I agree
time to bump all your threads from today!!!
 7 years ago '09        #60
space
space
 SM said:
time to bump all your threads from today!!!
Following your suit
[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago