Lupe Fiasco Reacts To First #1 Debut

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #21
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7947 7947
 varun313 said:
hell yea to have a good a.ss opportunity to go gold is f**ken crazy for a rapper like him ..and i dont even wanna hear all the bulls**t about this album bein wack..i know myself didnt like it but just accept the success hes gotten from it

Even though the label and so many middle men is eating off them sales before lupe does
smh......what does that mean

The Cool went gold...and The Cool deserved to go gold...it was a dope album....this....not so much
 7 years ago '08        #22
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,072 | Props total: 12274 12274
It is really bitter-sweet. I love Lupe's music, but I feel like he was driven to make a more pop-star type album by his label. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy his album is selling, and "words i never said" will BLOW THE FUCC UP! I've had that song on repeat for like a week.
 7 years ago '09        #23
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7947 7947
to all the people acting like lupe never did decent number

The Cool sold well and went gold

and if i remember correct F&L would have did GREAT numbers and had a huge buzz but it leaked like 3 months before the release date which had an effect on it sale but it still almost went gold

i'm putting this s**t behind me and hope lupe keeps his word and makes F&L 2 an original creative street album

fnf up!!!!
 7 years ago '08        #24
hiphopsince1984 
space
space
$1,467 | Props total: 108 108
 CTre said:
That theory makes no sense.. The Label would just be wasting money.. You think Atlantic is going to spend money on buying albums just so Lupe Fiasco will make a certain type of music while they're not making any extra profit in the process of them doing this because they bought the albums their selves..? LOL WTF... No.. they wanted him to make music that sells.. it's simple..
i always felt that way when people would say that about Jay and outkast but i have a feeling deep down that atlantic bought some of those records. its not a principal of money. its a principal of appearance. to show to his fans that hated the album, that he could sell records without them and to show lupe that the label was right and he was wrong. they want him to be a cash cow, year in year out. f**k integrity, internet followings, good music and awards. they just want the sales. now lupe is everywhere. i hear his songs on espn and other stations constantly. the only song of his i ever heard on espn was kick push and go baby for the x games. that was it.

perhaps i sound just as crazy as all those guys talking about the illuminati and the u.s. creating earthquakes. maybe he sold those albums legitimately. congrats lupe
 7 years ago '05        #25
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Well there you have it.
 7 years ago '04        #26
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12985 12985
 Ace2125 said:
not impressed would have sold more if it wasnt so poppy and him dissing it
Wrong.

Edit: And AGAIN.... LASERS is a fine CD. Deal with it.
 03-16-2011, 03:25 PM         #27
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstruse said:
he sounds like a student thought he failed his math test and complain s**t every damn day,just figured out he got an "A" on the exam next week and now he smiles and happy and s**t
 03-16-2011, 03:33 PM         #28
VizionProd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dope..
 7 years ago '09        #29
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,076 | Props total: 8847 8847
 CTre said:
That theory makes no sense.. The Label would just be wasting money.. You think Atlantic is going to spend money on buying albums just so Lupe Fiasco will make a certain type of music while they're not making any extra profit in the process of them doing this because they bought the albums their selves..? LOL WTF... No.. they wanted him to make music that sells.. it's simple..
I've always said that
plus there's no prove that the label buys albums
 7 years ago '04        #30
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 1563 1563
 hiphopsince1984 said:
i always felt that way when people would say that about Jay and outkast but i have a feeling deep down that atlantic bought some of those records. its not a principal of money. its a principal of appearance. to show to his fans that hated the album, that he could sell records without them and to show lupe that the label was right and he was wrong. they want him to be a cash cow, year in year out. f**k integrity, internet followings, good music and awards. they just want the sales. now lupe is everywhere. i hear his songs on espn and other stations constantly. the only song of his i ever heard on espn was kick push and go baby for the x games. that was it.

perhaps i sound just as crazy as all those guys talking about the illuminati and the u.s. creating earthquakes. maybe he sold those albums legitimately. congrats lupe
nah you don't sound crazy labels buy albums but they do it at a much higher volume if lupe sold 500k the first week I would say that atlantic helped but this isn't the case infact 200,000 is good but it isn't high enough for the label to be like "I told ya so" and the reason lupe is everywhere is because he has fans everywhere yall gotta remember the producer of new moon called him and asked him to make a song for the twilight soundtrack because he was such a big fan, Mtv played I'm beaming because he was tight with some of the staff lupe has always been getting espn love superstar was the nba playoffs highlight theme for 2007.

and yes labels do care about making money but thats the point if they are buying up all the albums they are not making money and a label will not hesitate to shelf you to save face saigon was in the exact same situation as lupe and look how his situation turned out, look how little bothers situation turned out with the get back.
 7 years ago '10        #31
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 460 460
Boxden does not like lupe lol. Always negative comments....
 7 years ago '09        #32
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,076 | Props total: 8847 8847
 Ra-da-god said:
that makes no sense at all, the point of the whole feud was they wanted lupe to make music they felt was going to maximize their profits it wouldn't make sense for them to buy all his albums just so they could prove a point infact if they bought all the album they'd be proving him right.

no it wouldn't it would have either never came out or the so called "real hip hop fans" would have downloaded it like yall do every artist yall "love"

Ghostface k!llah
little brother
talib kweli
Saigon
Nas & Damien Marley
The roots
Redman
Joell ortiz
Joe budden

All these artist have dropped quality traditional boom bap hip hop albums within the last 12 months these are artist that yall claim yall love and yet none are over 300k sold I bought 4 out of that list how many did yall buy?

Nas next solo album will go gold................
 7 years ago '07        #33
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,378 | Props total: 16003 16003
 Maroon_Tiger said:
he should shout out his label... the same ones who got him that #1

I thinkin the same thing... but at the same time who knows what it may have did if some of his core fans were getting what they want too nah mean
 7 years ago '07        #34
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,378 | Props total: 16003 16003
 Ra-da-god said:
that makes no sense at all, the point of the whole feud was they wanted lupe to make music they felt was going to maximize their profits it wouldn't make sense for them to buy all his albums just so they could prove a point infact if they bought all the album they'd be proving him right.

no it wouldn't it would have either never came out or the so called "real hip hop fans" would have downloaded it like yall do every artist yall "love"

raekwon
little brother
Big Boi
Slum village
talib kweli
Saigon
Nas
The roots
Redman
Joell ortiz
Joe budden

All these artist have dropped quality traditional boom bap hip hop albums within the last 12 months these are artist that yall claim yall love and yet none are over 300k sold I bought 4 out of that list how many did yall buy?
all them artist a few I love, but why is big boi in that category... isn't he a "southern" rapper but your talkin about "real hiphop" ..which obviously means good hip hop to those "real hip hop" people That saigon isht is banana's yes I dl'ed e few tracks, but Im a DJ and I needed the clean version..and I do not really listen to much more than what I make in the lab so Im not really buyin music at all..Im not even diggin in the crates right now. budden ortiz that whole slaughter house thing is not my thing..I think you would consider me the "real hip hop " guy if ya didn't know any better.. little brother is not the same .. and I bought rae's last album...from the sound of the new one ...Ill purchase as well. so this whole argument is just a vent cause some where somebody prolly dissed ya favorite pop artist
 7 years ago '06        #35
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
Let's go Lupe!!!
 7 years ago '10        #36
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 Damagegadget said:
all them artist a few I love, but why is big boi in that category... isn't he a "southern" rapper but your talkin about "real hiphop" ..which obviously means good hip hop to those "real hip hop" people That saigon isht is banana's yes I dl'ed e few tracks, but Im a DJ and I needed the clean version..and I do not really listen to much more than what I make in the lab so Im not really buyin music at all..Im not even diggin in the crates right now. budden ortiz that whole slaughter house thing is not my thing..I think you would consider me the "real hip hop " guy if ya didn't know any better.. little brother is not the same .. and I bought rae's last album...from the sound of the new one ...Ill purchase as well. so this whole argument is just a vent cause some where somebody prolly dissed ya favorite pop artist
wtf? so big boi aint real hip hop because he's from the south?
 7 years ago '05        #37
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
So label win? Lupe lost?
 03-16-2011, 03:58 PM         #38
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PrinceDeville25 said:
Boxden does not like lupe lol. Always negative comments....
aint he da same n*gga that hated his album... wanted to move to Africa? oh wait naw he wanted to commit suicide... no better yet he didnt wanna do pop music but complained bout Atlantic takin away Beautiful Girls & he wanted to commit suicide when it got Grammy nods

Lupe one of da best lyricists to ever touch a mic period but he can eat a f**kin d!ck, ole b**ch a.ss n*gga
 7 years ago '04        #39
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 1608 1608
ya boy said "hahaha yeah nigguh" on some 50 s**t n*gga amp
 7 years ago '10        #40
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
n*ggas mad at Lupe
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
23 hours ago