Grant Hill Responds To Jalen Rose

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #141
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 balla9969 said:
man you speaking the truth...people act like any baller can go there black white mexican doesnt matter what race you are you need to live up to the academic standards
There is a lot of stupidity in this thread, but you and 2ndcoming have spoken the truth.

ATHLETIC STANDARDS ARE LOWER THAN THE REGULAR ACADEMIC STANDARDS OF A SCHOOL.
Athletes already get preferential treatment before they enroll. But it's up to the school to try and pick kids that will have a chance to graduate. Some schools don't do that and only care about winning, and eventually, it comes back to bite them in the end.

If Duke can pick players that can succeed in the classroom and on the court, then they are doing the right thing.
 03-17-2011, 08:47 AM         #142
smithahr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Grant hill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jalen rose... on court and off court
 7 years ago '10        #143
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,912 | Props total: 37 37
 OMEGAMAN said:
There is a lot of stupidity in this thread, but you and 2ndcoming have spoken the truth.

ATHLETIC STANDARDS ARE LOWER THAN THE REGULAR ACADEMIC STANDARDS OF A SCHOOL.
Athletes already get preferential treatment before they enroll. But it's up to the school to try and pick kids that will have a chance to graduate. Some schools don't do that and only care about winning, and eventually, it comes back to bite them in the end.

If Duke can pick players that can succeed in the classroom and on the court, then they are doing the right thing.
you aint neva lied
 03-17-2011, 09:45 AM         #144
EDDY Jr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jalen rose should run for president!!!
 7 years ago '07        #145
JordanWest86 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,840 | Props total: 2105 2105
Duke gets more from less talent than any other team in the nation. Its not even close, just compare the NCAA titles and the NBA careers.

Im pretty sure Duke fans would trade the amount of players that made the NBA HOF from Duke for all them championship trophies.
 7 years ago '09        #146
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
It's nice to see the black community support each other in their success. Always touching to really see people put aside their background, ideas, & differences to congradulate each other on their life victories.
 7 years ago '10        #147
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Oh Finesse said:
who said I live in the hood and I'm uneducated

I live in an upstanding household and attend college.. and he is a house n*gga. Where you got jealous from idk. I never liked Duke, never will.. for the simple fact they're a RACIST INSTITUTION. They're bigot's towards people with dark skin & a rough upbringing. If you can find a solid instance and disprove that notion otherwise I'll give you props, and I'll wait...
and you appear racist for hating duke because they only bring in "white" ppl....little hypocrisy there?

look at my avy...you think i like Duke? but i can give credit where credit is due. Sheldon Williams, Jay williams, Elton Brand, Nolan Smith, Demarcus Nelson(i think)...those are few off the top of my head...they were all dark skin, where they from the hood? prob not but i honestly dont know each ones background. Aside from where they are from if they could put up the academics that Duke requires then there would be no reason for them to not be accepted. And dont forget that just being smart doesnt cut it, you still have to get your studies done ontop of the traveling and practice and all that stuff.

and im not positive on his academic status, but why did Weber not get accepted cause he was from a nice home?
 7 years ago '06        #148
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
 lboog1423 said:
Duke has had an Academic All-American on the team fourteen years

fourth-winningest college basketball program of all-time

4 National Championships

15 Final Fours

19 Atlantic Coast Conference tournament championships

regular season title 18 times

second, behind only UCLA, in total weeks ranked as the number one team in the nation by the AP

The Blue Devils have the second longest streak in the AP Top 25 in history with 200 consecutive appearances from 1996 to 2007

Call them Uncle Toms, sell outs, house n*ggas, b**ches, whatever u want. At the end of the day

Duke>>>>>99% of NCAA college Basketball programs

[pic - click to view]

I cant stand Duke but you have to respect the way that they recruit and bring up their players into their system.
 7 years ago '10        #149
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Oh Finesse said:
dude obviously duke recruits black's, I should have worded my statement's better. in a nutshell I feel, personally, that duke does recruit a certain type of player, black or white it doesn't matter. but they usually have credentials.. maybe duke really is about academics and skill mixed together.. maybe, but I just always felt they didn't recruit somebody... aaah let's say from an obt type area down in orlando florida (just a random ghetto from outside of my home state), because he's from the "hood" and may not be up to duke standards. can you kinda see where I'm coming from?
i mean i kinad see what you are saying but i think that coach k(even tho i hate him)and duke as a university are smart enuf to be able to help or as one would say transform someone that didnt fit there "look" if they could contribute to the team and also fit the credentials needed for academics. Lets say Kyrie was from the ghetto and didnt own a single pair of dress shoes or didnt have a single polo and had a nappy hair cut. You think that with his skills and grades duke wouldnt accept him and turn him into the man they think he is capable of becoming. This might not be true but i think alot falls into it.

it also may have to do with the fact that they care more about academics and only want ppl they feel are there for the long haul of their degree. Even tho the money is NICE when you get drafted early(ketucky players mainly) i feel like if you are a one and done you just wasted a scholarship for someone that might have stayed there whole career to complete their education and for that i do aplaud duke.

maybe we kinda agree?
 7 years ago '05        #150
swyshasweets 
space
space
$2,001 | Props total: 271 271
 lboog1423 said:
Duke has had an Academic All-American on the team fourteen years

fourth-winningest college basketball program of all-time

4 National Championships

15 Final Fours

19 Atlantic Coast Conference tournament championships

regular season title 18 times

second, behind only UCLA, in total weeks ranked as the number one team in the nation by the AP

The Blue Devils have the second longest streak in the AP Top 25 in history with 200 consecutive appearances from 1996 to 2007

Call them Uncle Toms, sell outs, house n*ggas, b**ches, whatever u want. At the end of the day

Duke>>>>>99% of NCAA college Basketball programs

[pic - click to view]

lol...that 1% u speek of is kentucky....

All Time Wins: 2048 (NCAA rank #1)

All Time Winning Percentage: .760 (NCAA rank #1)

NCAA Championships: 7 (NCAA rank #2)

NCAA Championship Game Appearances: 10 (NCAA rank #2)

NCAA Final Four Appearances: 13 (NCAA rank #4)

NCAA Final Four Wins: 17 (NCAA rank #2)

NCAA Elite-8 Appearances: 32 (NCAA rank #1)

NCAA Sweet-16 Appearances: 41 (NCAA rank #1)

NCAA Tournament Appearances: 51 (NCAA rank #1)

NCAA Tournament Wins: 101 (NCAA rank #2)

NCAA Tournament Games Played: 147 (NCAA rank #1)

NCAA Tournament Winning Percentage: .692 (NCAA rank #5)

Total Postseason Tournament Appearances (NCAA and NIT): 58 (NCAA rank #1)

NBA Draft Picks: 96 (NCAA rank #1)

All Americans: 52 (NCAA rank #1)

All American Total Selections: 82 (NCAA rank #1)

First Team Consensus All Americans: 16 (NCAA rank #2)

First Team Consensus All American Total Selections: 21 (NCAA rank #2)

Final AP Poll Top-25 Finishes: 47 (NCAA rank #1)

Final AP Poll Top-20 Finishes: 47 (NCAA rank #1)

Final AP Poll Top-15 Finishes: 42 (NCAA rank #1)

Final AP Poll Top-10 Finishes: 39 (NCAA rank #1)

Final AP Poll Top-5 Finishes: 27 (NCAA rank #1)

Final AP Poll #1 Finishes: 8 (NCAA rank #1)

Final UPI/Coaches Poll Top-25 Finishes: 44 (NCAA rank #1)

Final UPI/Coaches Poll Top-20 Finishes: 43 (NCAA rank #1)

Final UPI/Coaches Poll Top-15 Finishes: 40 (NCAA rank #1)

Final UPI/Coaches Poll Top-10 Finishes: 36 (NCAA rank #1)

Final UPI/Coaches Poll Top-5 Finishes: 27 (NCAA rank #1)

Final UPI/Coaches Poll #1 Finishes: 7 (NCAA rank #1)

20-Win Seasons: 55 (NCAA rank #1)

25-Win Seasons: 30 (NCAA rank #2)

30-Win Seasons: 12 (NCAA rank #1)

35-Win Seasons: 4 (NCAA rank #1)

Total Winning Seasons: 91 (NCAA rank #2)

Total Non-Losing Seasons (.500 or better): 94 (NCAA rank #2)

Total Decades With a Final Four Appearance: 6 (NCAA rank #2)

Total Coaches With a NCAA Championship: 4 (NCAA rank #1)

Total Decades With a NCAA Championship: 4 (NCAA rank #1)

Conference Regular Season Championships: 46 (NCAA rank #2)

Conference Tournament Championships: 28 (NCAA rank #1)

fukk outta here duke
 7 years ago '08        #151
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9036 9036
You Boxden idiots are calling Hill an Uncle Tom and douche when he's in fact one of the more well spoken sport figures in basketball? You kids crack me up
 7 years ago '10        #152
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #153
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Illuminati said:
You Boxden idiots are calling Hill an Uncle Tom and douche when he's in fact one of the more well spoken sport figures in basketball? You kids crack me up
add that to my list of points...
 7 years ago '10        #154
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Oh Finesse said:
I can agree with your point. Btw as much as I hate Duke for some reason I have the utmost respect for Coach K and no ill will towards him :/ It probably comes back to Duke being a successful school.. academically and athletically. Either way tho f**k duke.. :dancingcool: oh how I love it when my Canes stomp on their football team every time we meet
yea either way i hate them and their fans...but the guy does know how to pick and coach kids, i give him that. Hes a winner for sure. Man thats not even a fair matchup...my roomate is a duke fan so i went to a couple of their football games(on of which was against the U, i believe). They are getting better but still horrible.
 7 years ago '04        #155
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
Being black in America isn't just defined by your skin color, it's about an experience...and if you ain't have the experience, you ain't really black...that includes Obama, Grant Hill, Nolan Smith or whoever else you want to bring up.
 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM         #156
smithahr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Oh Finesse said:
Originally Posted by Liquid-Science
Being black in America isn't just defined by your skin color, it's about an experience...and if you ain't have the experience, you ain't really black...that includes Obama, Grant Hill, Nolan Smith or whoever else you want to bring up.

somebody is gonna take this comment at face value and respond in the wrong way. read this comment twice and think about it before you respond people, just sayin.
I suggest u read it three times, then think of a white dude who lived a poor life with no real opportunities coz he was always viewed as some ignorant white trash (which is kinda the same experience) then read that statement for the fourth and the fifth time and tell me whether u agree that its not about color but the experience when its white dudes case right, thought so... STFU all the time hating on those who actually make it... bunch of ignorant haters
 7 years ago '04        #157
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 smithahr said:
I suggest u read it three times, then think of a white dude who lived a poor life with no real opportunities coz he was always viewed as some ignorant white trash (which is kinda the same experience) then read that statement for the fourth and the fifth time and tell me whether u agree that its not about color but the experience when its white dudes case right, thought so... STFU all the time hating on those who actually make it... bunch of ignorant haters
a white guy can drop the white trash accent, cut his mullet, throw on a suit and fit in right along with the rest of his white brethren...so that example doesn't translate

the topic is black/african americans, stop trying to relate it to whitey
 03-17-2011, 02:04 PM         #158
smithahr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
a white guy can drop the white trash accent, cut his mullet, throw on a suit and fit in right along with the rest of his white brethren...so that example doesn't translate

the topic is black/african americans, stop trying to relate it to whitey
seriously, a white dude who has no education can just dress up and he's a well mannered business man.... the ignorance of ppl
 7 years ago '09        #159
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 Liquid-Science said:
Shut up hoodrat

The black americans that actually changed s**t in this country and actually went through real struggle would be considered uncle toms by you ignorant hood trash

I wipe my a.ss with your opinion
 7 years ago '10        #160
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
 smithahr said:
seriously, a white dude who has no education can just dress up and he's a well mannered business man.... the ignorance of ppl
ignorance is you actually believing this bulls**t....i can tell you have never applied for a career. try being white with no college degree dressed in a suit and see how far it gets you. your azz still aint getting that job....quit acting like its 1943 and we have it made.

by the way, if you were being sarcastic thats my bad....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago