most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #121
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,461 | Props total: 14895 14895
 Fly 2ndComing said:
which is why in a post not too far from the one you quoted I responded to that. My point with the post you quoted was to ask why isnt everybody calling Webber an Uncle Tom? Why isn't Jalen calling Webber an Uncle Tom?
cuz he played with him on michigan

if he would of went to duke he would been looked as a sellout even jimmy king said it on 1st and 10

i guess in some people mind if you from the burbs and black and in the case play for school thats considered only wanting polished black athletes your a sellout
 03-16-2011, 06:17 PM         #122
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
which is why in a post not too far from the one you quoted I responded to that. My point with the post you quoted was to ask why isnt everybody calling Webber an Uncle Tom? Why isn't Jalen calling Webber an Uncle Tom?
he said duke recruits players from polished well to do backgrounds and private schools. chris was one of those kids

[video - click to view]

03-16-2011, 06:17 PM         #123
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Yung C said:
Jalen was right about what he said... should he have used "uncle tom"? NO!

should grant hill have used this opportunity to get on a soap box and go on a tangent about his great black family? no!

all jalen was saying is that duke wouldn't/doesn't recruit black inner city kids, such as himself. with a certain edginess or demo-graphical background. HE IS RIGHT. they like to recruit black players with no edge and from very positive backgrounds ie seth curry.

let the man state his disdain.

they like to recruit players who value a college degree

if more "hood" players with "edge" sat for 4 years, and didn't treat their education like an annoying speedbump on their way to the NBA, maybe Duke would recruit them
 7 years ago '04        #124
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 fat_boyy21 said:
jalen saying what he said is wrong. I get that he was a kid and all but what i have a problem with is how he got to think that way in first place.

I'm black and grew up in a middle class family but things weren't always this nice. my parents came from poor families in haiti but found a way to make it here in america together. Im about to graduate with a degree in biochemistry, does that make me an uncle tom?

when i think of black people making it far, i'm happy for them. I'm happy for obama, jordan, michael jackson, ali, oprah, etc. I never understand any racist comments from anyone rich or poor black or white. we all need each other to live and do our part. I am happy that today jalen rose knows enough to specify that he doesnt appreciate duke's admission process instead of calling people names
I agree with this..He might as well call himself an Uncle Tom for working for ESPN....

But like you said, it was wrong for him to say that..If anything, he should be giving them props for having that opportunity in life because not too many people get that kind of opportunity in life...And Rose should be thankful that he got his opportunity, and if it weren't for the people before him, Rose would've never gotten his opportunity to make it to where he is today...Becasue we all need help in life and we all depend on people to help us get there
 7 years ago '05        #125
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 knowughetto said:
I agree with this..He might as well call himself an Uncle Tom for working for ESPN....

But like you said, it was wrong for him to say that..If anything, he should be giving them props for having that opportunity in life because not too many people get that kind of opportunity in life...And Rose should be thankful that he got his opportunity, and if it weren't for the people before him, Rose would've never gotten his opportunity to make it to where he is today...Becasue we all need help in life and we all depend on people to help us get there
Are yall still on that uncle tom s**t?

He was 17-18 when he uttered those words towards grant hill, why can't yall understand that?
 7 years ago '04        #126
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Bea5T said:

He was 17-18 when he uttered those words towards grant hill, why can't yall understand that?
I'm not on no Uncle Tom s**t...I don't appreciate that Uncle Tom s**t...I'm just saying that he shouldn't have been talking about dude like that...I didn't say that I was calling him one..
 7 years ago '04        #127
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
SMH get over it.

Grant is butt hurt for nothing.Jalen has said this was his thinking 20 years ago.

f**kkkk sensitive a.ss n*ggas.

Last edited by ddash; 03-16-2011 at 06:56 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #128
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
 Bea5T said:

read my last post... I understand he was like 17, but i gotta problem with how he got to think like that in the first place.
 7 years ago '04        #129
space
space
 Rico23 said:
but that's the thing every in this thread IS still on the uncle Tom s**t...its like they are purposely ignoring all the clarifications and the totality of the message just to focus on that word....yes its not an ideal politically correct word, but he used it...get over it gotdamn....
in the first and 10 video he admits to calling them uncle toms on the court.. if only had a problem with how duke recruits then why say things to the black players at duke
 7 years ago '06        #130
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,461 | Props total: 14706 14706
 TheBallDontLie said:
Grant Hill, you are a b**ch in my book, and you were a "Uncle Toms". Go propagate vaccine shots with your coked up looking eyes to the millions of unfortunately unaware of its side effects. By the way forget your fancy sayings, you sound like a stupid motivation speaker.
^^ yall KNOW this fool didnt graduate.
 7 years ago '04        #131
space
space
 Rico23 said:
ON THE COURT WHEN HE WAS f**kIN 19....are y'all that f**kin dumb or just incredibly dense....did u even read what I typed? did u see the doc?...if not then don't respond to me again..

the funny thing is I'm black AND I'm light skinned just like grant hill, a Tad lighter, and I have no problem after hearing his clarification, yes it was wrong but he was immature....and even IF he still feels that way, he isn't gonna say it publicly...besides does what he eats make u s**t?..I HIGHLY doubt it
if you bothered to read my other posts you'd know that I have a problem with a kid being raised to feel the way rose did at the time to say what he said. it's not like he was just saying stupid stuff to get into their heads, he's admitted that that's was how he felt.

what's funny is that his kids today are exactly the type he used to despise... that's karma
 7 years ago '04        #132
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
at people getting this upset about how Jalen felt when he was 17-18 years old. He didn't say that's how he feels right now.
 7 years ago '07        #133
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,037 | Props total: 30329 30329
I don't understand how people can even take Grant's side.

He is a 38 year old man arguing with an 18 year old. He has a disagreement with someone from the past. He had a current rebuttal to someone from 20 years ago.
 7 years ago '10        #134
yaboiace 5 heat pts
space
space
$330 | Props total: 155 155
 clydes suit said:

im a.ssuming this is what grant hill was responding to. if thats the case this dumb smart n*gga needs to look up context because jalen made it very clear thats how he felt about duke in the past.
/thread y r we still discussing this?
 7 years ago '06        #135
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18801 18801
lol, Jalen knows, low key that this is STILL a perception held by many black folks about Duke and really a few other schools too...

I mean, it is what it is...sometimes the best response is no response, i.e. silence...Grant prolly woulda been better served just to ignore this ig'nance and keep it movin'....instead he wrote a whole f**king Op Ed piece to justify his position, which to me, signals that he was wavering in that position and has doubted it before....maybe, maybe not....
 7 years ago '07        #136
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Once again, what are you guys not understanding about coaches and teams recruit players that meet the requirements to gain entrance into the school? Duke's requirements for entry doesn't allow just anybody to get in. If inner city, impoverished, ghetto, or whatever terms you guys wanna use athletes wanna get recruited to play for Duke, then it's simple. Get your grades up and post high scores on standardized testing.

You guys think Coach K wouldn't want to coach a Derrick Rose, Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Carmelo Anthony and the list goes on? Hell yeah he would but he also knows he may not get a lot of those guys pass the admissions department.
man you speaking the truth...people act like any baller can go there black white mexican doesnt matter what race you are you need to live up to the academic standards
 7 years ago '10        #137
Jruk2345 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 238 238
so yal think it's cool for jalen to down another blafk brother fir doin what we all shuld b trying to do change the way whites look at us and 18yr old jalen or 38yr old jalen makin us look like a bunch of jealous fools.....dont get me wrong I don't like duke either but also I understand the type of player they want....oh well that they get well off black kids so does harvard princenton
 7 years ago '08        #138
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 2276 2276
the fab five never won tanyhing. not even a big ten title. obviously duke knows what its doing by recruiting who they recruit. i don't know why these guys get so much credit for not winning anything. At least UNLV won a champoionship. Wow you guys started to wear black socks with black shoes nice job. And they made it look like michigan was the only team that wore baggy shorts and listened to rap. arkansas, unlv, georgia tech, usc and plenty of others had players like michigan did.
 7 years ago '04        #139
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
you can say 'they never won anything' well to that I say 'who f**kin cares' for them to not win anything and still be remembered is phenomenal...matter of fact winning a bracket of the NCAA tournament is a huge accomplishment, Final 4 teams got banners hanging in their gym so that counts for something

but even beyond that, the fab 5 was a movement...movements always get remembered

you'd have to think for a while to even remember who won the national title 2, 5 or 10 years ago but if someone says 'Fab five' you know exactly who it is and can name at least the big 3

people always wanna say 'well Chris Webber never won anything at any level'...the refs stole at least one from him on the kings

whenever you bring up Laettner's shot the next thought is...'Damn, he sucked as a pro'

Bobby Hurley...after he left duke, dude fell off the face of the Earth
 7 years ago '10        #140
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 22 22
 Oh Finesse said:
either way you slice it jalen said what nobody else in the pro sports world has the gonads to say. we need more outspoken people. it's true duke only recruits house n*ggas.. but of course it's taboo in their field to be completely out with it. grant, you're a house n*gga.. end of story. wearin that teal fresh outta college didn't help your case. ol v-neck type n*gga.
you sound like a jealous uneducated idiot! So you are mad at him for going to a incredible institution in Duke and being able to afford nice things? so that makes him a house n*gga....sounds like you are mad you cant get out of the hood. And it wasnt that no one else has the gonads to say it, its the fact that other ppl have respect for black kids making something of themselves where as jalen had this opinion and was outspoken all because he was mad they didnt give him a shot to attend their upper class college.

but lets ask ourselves this, would anyone know who jalen rose was if he had gone to Duke? maybe, maybe not, i can a.ssure you no one would still be talking about his selfish, jealous, never made it a.ss.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago