Grant Hill Responds To Jalen Rose

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #101
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
 UcantCme said:
i mean i dont think anyone can argue that they dont target a certain type of black kid but what school doesnt that actually has requirements to be accepted into their program and what will also be representing the team day in and day out in the media?!

if everyone is so worried about not being accepted because you fall under a certain category than get off your a.ss and do something about it and raise your kids to only want the best and pay attention in school. Just cause you can street ball with your homies dont mean you are getting into a great college. thats some common sense for you.
Jalen Rose did exactly what you're saying. He went to school and got a job in the NBA. So he can say what he wants. He grew up to a successful member of society.
 7 years ago '07        #102
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,483 | Props total: 14976 14976
 Fly 2ndComing said:
But, why did Jalen apologize to Grant Hil via Twitter before the documentary came out? It's because he knows a lot of stuff he is saying was only to build hype and get more money for the documentary. Now, who's the sellout
this....

but grant the sellout

jalen tweets him not call him or nothing and apologizes for what's going to be said about him

jalen comes off as the fake phony sellout here if you ask me all he didnt have to tell grant s**t

its funny how webber never s**tted on grant or even juwan howard didnt s**t on grant but juwan s**tted on laetneer

did jalen feel guilty thats why he tweeted grant did jalen tweet laetneer or any of :the uncle tom's"
 7 years ago '09        #103
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
$66,418 | Props total: 12358 12358
 awall said:
i think its cute that duke can go after certain black players...i mean that would never work in the NBA. shows u the difference between minor and big league. Most duke players are never stars when it comes to the NBA.

in college football u gotta have some street cats to win.

and yeah jalen was clearly talkin bout what he thought as a kid.
I used to think that to a degree. But Duke players have long careers and you dont see a lot of them failing to make the league right away. It's because they are good fundamental players that dont cause trouble and are coachable. They may not be as talented as others but they damn sure dont get in as much trouble as others or p!ss off coaches as much as others. All while being solid players.
 7 years ago '06        #104
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 lboog1423 said:
Duke has had an Academic All-American on the team fourteen years

fourth-winningest college basketball program of all-time

4 National Championships

15 Final Fours

19 Atlantic Coast Conference tournament championships

regular season title 18 times

second, behind only UCLA, in total weeks ranked as the number one team in the nation by the AP

The Blue Devils have the second longest streak in the AP Top 25 in history with 200 consecutive appearances from 1996 to 2007

Call them Uncle Toms, sell outs, house n*ggas, b**ches, whatever u want. At the end of the day

Duke>>>>>99% of NCAA college Basketball programs

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #105
space
space
 hood135 said:
So since you're a.ssuming that Jalen still feels that way, I'm going to a.ssume that he feels like the majority of black people on the matter...like the people there have an elitist air about them.

"How dare Jalen Rose, an inner city Michigan grad, speak about us in such a matter? Who is he to look down his noses at us and our elite establishment." GTFOH
I never said that Duke University students or alumni didnt have an elitist air about them. My argument is mainly about him going at Duke when they aren't the only school that recruits those types of players. Why isn't he attacking those schools as well? Let's face it, he doesn't want to attack those schools because they don't win like Duke does, plain and simple.

Oh yeah, I said he still feels that way because he said so. He feels that way but he just doesn't want to use the words, "uncle tom". All in all it sounds personal why he is attacking them and nothing merit based. I guess you have a personal vendetta against them too. Did they not recruit you or your family too?
 7 years ago '04        #106
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,432 | Props total: 6471 6471
 niceguy954 said:
duke barely have all star players
 7 years ago '06        #107
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,678 | Props total: 8631 8631
at the end of the day we shouldnt s**t on black famliies that are successful because somebody down the line got an education or became successful.

but it doesnt change the fact Duke only recruits black kids from stable successful homes and private schools.

so we should eventuallly get over this s**t because its not going to change because Duke is a successful program.
 7 years ago '07        #108
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 TheBallDontLie said:
Grant Hill, you are a b**ch in my book, and you were a "Uncle Toms". Go propagate vaccine shots with your coked up looking eyes to the millions of unfortunately unaware of its side effects. By the way forget your fancy sayings, you sound like a stupid motivation speaker.
insert The Rock clapping gif
 7 years ago '10        #109
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15695 15695
 niceguy954 said:
What does college program success have to do with the NBA HOF
Last time i checked u get to the NBA HOF based on what u did at the professional level
 7 years ago '06        #110
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,527 | Props total: 6754 6754
great player but this n*gga is a cornball
 7 years ago '06        #111
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I never said that Duke University students or alumni didnt have an elitist air about them. My argument is mainly about him going at Duke when they aren't the only school that recruits those types of players. Why isn't he attacking those schools as well? Let's face it, he doesn't want to attack those schools because they don't win like Duke does, plain and simple.

Oh yeah, I said he still feels that way because he said so. He feels that way but he just doesn't want to use the words, "uncle tom". All in all it sounds personal why he is attacking them and nothing merit based. I guess you have a personal vendetta against them too. Did they not recruit you or your family too?
I have a vendetta against elitist. They come off that way to me. Can't speak for Jalen on that one. And I think he went at Duke because they were the team that cost him a national championship...and Fam actually. It used to be his dream school back when Jay Will was there. When he got olde, not so much because I quote "they only recruit a certain type of person". Oh and they offered too. Went elsewhere.
 7 years ago '04        #112
dwizzle45 
space
space
$1,259 | Props total: 204 204
 Main Event said:
Educational ether
 7 years ago '07        #113
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30391 30391
I read it, and I don't see why Grant Hill had to take this extreme personal stance on it. I watched the doc last night, and I didn't feel like those grown men in their late 30s still had the same feelings as those 18 year-old kids from 20 years ago. Whether they stated it or not in the doc, i did not get the feeling they still thought negatively about anyone.

For Grant to come out and not take a road as to encourage black kids of today not to be divided be social-economical factors as the kids in the doc from 20 years ago, is sad to me. Cuz what he did was completely personal and self serving.

If Grant wanted to do something that was actually meaningful.... him and Jalen would go around the country giving lectures on why upbringing and background is an obstacle that can be overcome no matter what the odds. Instead of this whole...' I'm proud I never lost to the Fab Five'. I found the article to be self-serving and petty due to the fact that it was completely personal.
 7 years ago '04        #114
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,432 | Props total: 6471 6471
 lboog1423 said:
What does college program success have to do with the NBA HOF
Last time i checked u get to the NBA HOF based on what u did at the professional level
because its the basketball hall of fame and it includes college

only coach k gonna be in there for the time being

wait i take that back. christian laettner in there because of the dream team. he the only player on the team thats not in the hall of fame on his own(chris mullin gonna get in this year)
 7 years ago '04        #115
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4424 4424
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Yeah, its true that Duke doesn't recruit many of the basketball players from the inner city or ghettos. I wish they would recruit them because it would give them a better education and chance out of the ghetto by having connections to such a great university. But, most of these kids wouldn't qualify at Duke. What else is Duke athletics supposed to do if a kid they want to play for them won't get in? That is a waste of time recruiting them.

Why does Jalen never respond to the question about Duke recruiting Chris Webber? If Webber was a guy like him? Or does he consider Webber an Uncle Tom too because Webber grew up in a good neighborhood with both parents?
you do know chris webber isnt from the hood right

webber is the exact type of player duke recruits
 7 years ago '04        #116
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
jalen saying what he said is wrong. I get that he was a kid and all but what i have a problem with is how he got to think that way in first place.

I'm black and grew up in a middle class family but things weren't always this nice. my parents came from poor families in haiti but found a way to make it here in america together. Im about to graduate with a degree in biochemistry, does that make me an uncle tom?

when i think of black people making it far, i'm happy for them. I'm happy for obama, jordan, michael jackson, ali, oprah, etc. I never understand any racist comments from anyone rich or poor black or white. we all need each other to live and do our part. I am happy that today jalen rose knows enough to specify that he doesnt appreciate duke's admission process instead of calling people names
 7 years ago '07        #117
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,483 | Props total: 14976 14976
jalen a turncoat thats why he tweeted grant before the documentary came out

thats why espn was hypin s**t up about the uncle tom s**t

dont be mad grant moms and pops were successful and he chose to go to duke

also he a man he has the right to respond they was on there calling him pus*y's and b**ches and uncle tom's the only one who didnt s**t on him was juwan

thats why when the talked about the 2nd half of that game jimmy,ray, and jalen was quiet got they a.ss spanked
 7 years ago '10        #118
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
Hill was a sophomore on the Duke team that defeated Michigan and "The Fab Five" 71-51 in the 1992 final, the team's second straight championship.
 7 years ago '09        #119
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
you do know chris webber isnt from the hood right

webber is the exact type of player duke recruits
which is why in a post not too far from the one you quoted I responded to that. My point with the post you quoted was to ask why isnt everybody calling Webber an Uncle Tom? Why isn't Jalen calling Webber an Uncle Tom?
 7 years ago '10        #120
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15695 15695
 justinjones said:
because its the basketball hall of fame and it includes college

only coach k gonna be in there for the time being

wait i take that back. christian laettner in there because of the dream team. he the only player on the team thats not in the hall of fame on his own(chris mullin gonna get in this year)
i guess what Im askin is how does that make Duke any less successful of a program. A Sport program success isnt based on HOF players, its based on winning and championships. Jordan didnt make it to the HOF bc of what he did at UNC, it was wat he did in Chicago.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy