Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II[5-21-11][HBO]

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
88 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
17 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
bhop by ko 2 25.00%
bhop by decision 4 50.00%
draw 0 0%
pascal by ko 0 0%
pascal by decision 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,065 | Props total: 987 987
JP is right B-Hop always crying after a loss... he told that nagga not to break a bone lol
 7 years ago '05        #42
MlLkMan 
space
space
$4,246 | Props total: 40 40
Pascal : When was your last knockout?

7 years ago '04        #43
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
lol that was fu*king comedy and hype.
 7 years ago '08        #45
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,187 | Props total: 971 971

[pic - click to view]

Floyd Mayweather is hosting the afterparty with Jean Pascal

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #46
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1395 1395
Cannot wait
 7 years ago '06        #47
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
 7 years ago '07        #48
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
Is Pascal Haitian?
 7 years ago '06        #49
space
space
 7 years ago '06        #50
space
space
 carltouss619 said:
Is Pascal Haitian?
yea hes from haiti moved to canada
 05-21-2011, 03:19 AM         #51
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i picked pescal in the first f!ght and im picking him again.... sighs hopefully dude dont run outta gas ...hopkins will struggle with his hand speed...and hop didnt even make weight...i think this is a sign of the end for him

hop is smarter and can time pescal but if pescal stamina hold up and if he jump on him early like he did in the first f!ght, this should be a easy victory, if not hop will just come back, pot shot and time him and the f!ght will end like first one

and i hope dawson stop dude...no more coasting, i wanna see him knock people out...smh...he to big trying to out class guys to a wide UD...HWs need to finish opponents

Last edited by DrX; 05-21-2011 at 03:22 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #52
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12356 12356
Its hard to go against Hopkins but I guess I will. Pascal for the win in 8th rd. But, could easily see a decision happening.
 7 years ago '05        #53
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,065 | Props total: 987 987
I can't call it
 05-21-2011, 04:51 PM         #54
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopkins SD. He is so far in Pascal's head it isn't even funny. Hopkins would've stopped him late in the last f!ght if he kept going to the body....he hit Pascal with a body shot in the 11th that buckled him, and then didn't throw a body punch the rest of the f!ght. I don't see Hopkins getting old overnight and I don't see him getting knocked down again in this f!ght, so the result should be a split decision since Hopkins won't have to overcome any extra points deficit like last time.

If Hopkins really believes what he said in the face-off that Pascal is a 4 round f!ghter, he should just keep the f!ght in the center of the ring for the first 4 rounds and then take Pascal to school again once he is gassed.

Last edited by 22k; 05-21-2011 at 05:10 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #55
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
Pascal isn't a 4 round f!ghter.
 7 years ago '09        #56
akverse47 442 heat pts442
space
space
$5,550 | Props total: 4943 4943
somebody hit me with a streaming link, got a new pc, lost all my damn bookmarks. will prop
 7 years ago '09        #57
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
Mods, please move this to the main sports section. Most anticipated f!ght of the year.
 7 years ago '09        #58
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1859 1859
Nard promised a William Joppy-type beating..
 05-21-2011, 08:30 PM         #59
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Buzzmaster
(2:06 PM)
Bernard Hopkins will be here in a few minutes to take your questions.

Buzzmaster
(2:20 PM)
Hey everyone, Bernard's running a little late. He should be here around 2:30 or so. Keep those questions coming in!

Buzzmaster
(2:27 PM)
He's here!

Kevin (CT)
B-Hop, will you use the same strategy of grinding down Pascal and winning later rounds?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:28 PM)
Yes, but I will also start the grinding early. This is the 13th round come this Saturday. That's how I'm starting the f!ght.

Andrew (Lake Sacandaga)
Hey Bhop. Do you think Pascal will do anything to NOT be a 4 round f!ghter this time? Or do you think it's just imprinted in his psychology?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:29 PM)
I think it's imprinted in his psychology. In his mind, he looks too tired. He looks to stop, to rest. He looks to win rounds at the end of the round. It's more of his psyche and his conditioning.

Mike (Hartford, CT)
Do you think you have to finish Pascal to win this f!ght with it being in Canada again?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:29 PM)
Yes. That's correct.

Darnell Brown (Cleveland, Ohio)
Once you recapture the light-heavyweight crown, what's next? Do you retire or do you still have goals you wish to accomplish?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:30 PM)
had Dawson, who will also be on the undercard.

Bernard Hopkins
I will clean up the light heavyweight division.

Justin (Kentucky)
What is a typical day in the life of BHop when in training for a f!ght?

Bernard Hopkins
Work, rest. Eat. Pretty boring, but you get through it.

Nathan (Kentucky)
Bernard, how do you feel about Pascal saying that he didn't like you as a f!ghter?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:31 PM)
Neutral. It's neutral.

Steven (Evansville, IN)
Are you planning to stand and bang with Pascal more than usual? Do you think you've gotten into his head?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:32 PM)
I believe I stood and banged the first time. I think that he retreated and wanted to be more of a boxer. The styles will accommodate each other. He will want to prove something in his hometown and I'm going to press him. It's going to be something good when you have that mentality. I'm looking for a shootout. This will be a shootout.

El (Ontario)
Do you really think Montreal deserves this f!ght to be happening in their city? How many times do you think you will hurt Pascal in the f!ght?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:33 PM)
First I think Montreal is a great and up and coming town. It had some great f!ghts in the 60s. Montreal deserves to have this kind of f!ght, just like New York, Las Vegas. This is a fantastic town to f!ght in. You have French, American, a lot of people.

Silva (San Diego)
B Hop,in your first f!ght with Pascal one of the "knock downs" was clearly a shot behind the head and should not have counted against you. How concerned are you that f!ghting in his backyard could sway the ref, judges etc.. this time around?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:34 PM)
If that's the case then I can't worry about it now. I just hope that the ref makes a good call on what happens on both ends. I can't worry about that right now. I'm not going in there with any cautious reminders that could be a distraction.

Silva (San Diego)
How different are your training camps at 46 then they were early in your career? Do you do less road work or more sparring? I'm curious to know what has changed.

Bernard Hopkins
(2:34 PM)
I take more Advils.

Byron (NYC)
Good luck Bernard, you were robbed in the first f!ght!!! What do you think about Mayweather ducking Pacquiao so much or do you think he is? By all of a sudden raising what he wants in earnings to a ridiculous $100 million, seems obvious he does not want to f!ght him.

Bernard Hopkins
(2:35 PM)
I think we'll see it happen before the years out, or definitely by early next year. Within 12 months.

Matthew (Columbia, NJ)
Bernard, do you think you can play goalie for the Flyers? They need someone to stop the puck.

Bernard Hopkins
(2:35 PM)
I would love to play with the Flyers. I got the two front teeth missing, so I can look the part. I'm ready, cosmetically, I could fit right in.

Alec (Nashville)
B-Hop, are you going to avoid tasting the canvas this time around? I'm sure you were as shocked as I was that he put you on the ground.

Bernard Hopkins
(2:36 PM)
Yeah, I adjusted. I learned how to watch tapes over the years. I'll make those adjustments. I made them all in camp. Don't look for me to be there. If I am, I'll get up and win.

Sam Barrett (London, UK)
Has there been any boxing match where you have personally felt like the underdog?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:37 PM)
A lot of them. One of them is this f!ght too.

Justin (Minot,ND)
Do you think Pascal will make more mistakes this time around? He seems like he has made it more personable and might f!ght with his emotions and not his head.

Bernard Hopkins
(2:37 PM)
Absolutely. Yes.

Ales (Utah)
B-Hop everybody knows youre one of the greates of al time no doubt about that but outta Hagler, Hearns, Leonard or Robinson who do you think you coulda beat in a f!ght (all of them in their prime of course) Good Luck saturday!

Bernard Hopkins
(2:38 PM)
I believe that I would have held my own with all of those guys. As far as winning and losing, whoever I fought would have done damage to both of our careers. I could have won or lost any of those f!ghts. It would have been a 50-50 chance.

Mac Miller (Pittsburgh)
Do you feel like you have to destroy him for bringing up steriods and trying to ruin your legacy?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:39 PM)
I think that it will make the execution more punishing. Not to get emotional about it like he's going to get, but it would be a cold execution. And calculated.

Bernard Hopkins
(2:39 PM)
He really extra motivated me for this f!ght.

Kyle (Bridgeport, CT)
In the build-up to this f!ght, it seems as though you and Pascal seriously hate each other. Is this indeed a rivalry?

Bernard Hopkins
(2:40 PM)
It's definitely a rivalry. You can talk about I'm not a great f!ghter. You can talk about how you think I've fought nobody. But when you start accusing me of something that I've said is bad for your body, then it is personal. My coach has always stressed to me that f!ghting is personal. But to add fuel to the fire, this is two notches up.

James (Windsor )
What f!ghters did you look up to when you were younger

Bernard Hopkins
(2:41 PM)
I looked up to Marvin Hagler, Ali.

Bernard Hopkins
You can throw Leonard in there too.

victor (north jersey)
u coming out old school with the executioner mask for this f!ght during your entrance?

Bernard Hopkins
Absolutely. I have the mask. I have the Flyers Bobby Clarke 46 number.

Bernard Hopkins
(2:43 PM)
Watch. May 21 on HBO PPV. Canada.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #60
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,062 | Props total: 6961 6961
Hopkins was robbed in the 1st f!ght, but I have a feeling he's going to look his age tonight and be stopped for the first time late.....11th TKO, just what i'm thinkin even though pascal will probably be tired out after 3
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy