Lupe Fiasco Already Working On 'Food & Liquor 2', Calls It 'A Hood Album'

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
Lupe has got to save face, and get back his name with this album.. We will only benefit from this because this will only inspire Lupe to bring out his best work.. The reactions to Lasers had to hurt Lupe's pride.. n*gga better not play anymore waiting games and this s**t better drop no later than Nov.
 7 years ago '09        #42
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,619 | Props total: 4577 4577
 regularjoe said:
How did he "sell out"? I've yet to see one good response to that. He had to compromise to get the album out. I'm proud of him for that. He could have said "no, I'm not doing this s**t"... but he would have let down his entire fan base. The fan base who set up a rally outside the label building.

It was Lupe. And just because the songs are radio/pop... doesn't mean they're whack. One of my favorite Lupe songs came off this album. One of his most complete songs came off this album. And personally, I like you can play this album with a girl in the car and it can satisfy both people.

It's funny--on the internet, this album gets 50/50 responses. In the real world... I've yet to talk to one person who doesn't like this album.
this stan a.ss n*gga...the album aint that nice homie, u gotta relax on some real s**t. god damn.
 7 years ago '04        #43
TYT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 61 61
gotta be better than lasers... dude sounded tired and resenful on most of the tracks.
 7 years ago '06        #44
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
 imagnacarta said:
this album is going to be
[pic - click to view]

f**king ridiculous
I see what you did there.

regularjoe said:
How did he sell out on LASERS? And doing radio songs is not selling out.
I don't know if selling out is the correct phrase, but he definitely stepped out of his comfort zone. For the most part he didn't start rapping about the same bs every other rapper does (money, cash, hoes, drugs, etc) but he did simplify he songs to appeal to the masses. I was listening to F&L and the F&L mixtape yesterday and his word play was bananas. Lasers is dumbed down in my opinion (lyrically not message wise).

When he said hood, I a.ssume he wasn't referring to a Gucci or Waka type album.
 7 years ago '07        #45
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 Hold That said:
Lupe has got to save face, and get back his name with this album.. We will only benefit from this because this will only inspire Lupe to bring out his best work.. The reactions to Lasers had to hurt Lupe's pride.. n*gga better not play anymore waiting games and this s**t better drop no later than Nov.
Reactions of on pace to selling 220k first week?

If Hip-Hop Bloggers and people on BX account for everybody that purchases albums.. please Lawd forgive me.
 7 years ago '07        #46
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 Fiya Starter said:
I see what you did there.

I don't know if selling out is the correct phrase, but he definitely stepped out of his comfort zone. For the most part he didn't start rapping about the same bs every other rapper does (money, cash, hoes, drugs, etc) but he did simplify he songs to appeal to the masses. I was listening to F&L and the F&L mixtape yesterday and his word play was bananas. Lasers is dumbed down in my opinion (lyrically not message wise).

When he said hood, I a.ssume he wasn't referring to a Gucci or Waka type album.
Is there something wrong with stepping out of the comfort zone?

If I wanna hear the Cool, I'll listen to the Cool, If I wanna hear Food & Liquor, I'll listen to F&L.

.. Retarded people on this site I swear. Every album is suppose to sound the same.

No wonder everyone is a sheep on BX no one knows how to be original.

........ Go hoping for some Lex Luger/Lupe collabo's you simple minded f**ks.
 7 years ago '09        #47
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,191 | Props total: 3489 3489
Can't wait for that food and liquor 2.
 7 years ago '10        #48
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,177 | Props total: 463 463
 rossic75 said:
Why? So you can hear the same drum loops? GTFOH. Lupe does not know hood. Just give me some ish the opposite of LASERS and i will be good.
misconception

Lu from the hood hood

he used to rap about hood s**t back in the day in his music too

He just chose to change it up before he became famous
 7 years ago '06        #49
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
 m-f said:
Is there something wrong with stepping out of the comfort zone?

If I wanna hear the Cool, I'll listen to the Cool, If I wanna hear Food & Liquor, I'll listen to F&L.

.. Retarded people on this site I swear. Every album is suppose to sound the same.

No wonder everyone is a sheep on BX no one knows how to be original.

........ Go hoping for some Lex Luger/Lupe collabo's you simple minded f**ks.
You think Lasers is ORIGINAL, sounds like billboard top 100. Food and Liquor and the Cool have 2 distinct sounds and were original albums. Lasers has a different sound from his previous work but sounds like every pop album that came out in 2010. I don't want every album to sound the same I just every album to be great, not mediocre. The irony of your statement is insane. How does loving F&L equate to my desire for a Lex Lugor track? More than anything I want the artist to put their heart and soul into the album. That's why I respect Kanye so much cause every album has a different style but he always puts his heart and soul into it.

And who the f**k are you anyways, I have a right to listen to whatever the f**k I please. If I wanna shelf Lasrs and never play that b**ch again I can. I didn't say stepping out the box was bad. I was just try to expalin why some people are saying he sold out. You my friend might be the sheep if you think Lasers is an original album. Why I gotta be simple because I don't wanna listen to Lupe and Trey Songz, because we know thats real original doing a song with trey songz get the f**k outta here with that bs.

Some artists have made classics by stepping outside their comfort zone, but stepping outside the box and being forced into a corner is two different things.

Last edited by Fiya Starter; 03-12-2011 at 09:09 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #50
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 Fiya Starter said:
You think Lasers is ORIGINAL, sounds like billboard top 100. Food and Liquor and the Cool have 2 distinct sounds and were original albums. Lasers has a different sound from his previous work but sounds like every pop album that came out in 2010. I don't want every album to sound the same I just every album to be great, not mediocre. The irony of your statement is insane. How does loving F&L equate to my desire for a Lex Lugor track? More than anything I want the artist to put their heart and soul into the album. That's why I respect Kanye so much cause every album has a different style but he always puts his heart and soul into it.

And who the f**k are you anyways, I have a right to listen to whatever the f**k I please. If I wanna shelf Lasrs and never play that b**ch again I can. I didn't say stepping out the box was bad. I was just try to expalin why some people are saying he sold out. You my friend might be the sheep if you think Lasers is an original album.
I clearly wasn't just talking to you my friend..don't feel so special.

Nah Lasers was original in Lupes way. Show me an album that it sounds exactly like. Just because there's a couple tracks with some catchy hooks doesn't mean its wack. People are to judgmental and critical, personally I don't find anything wrong with the album minus "State Run Radio" just doesn't suit the flow of the album, but is still dope either way.

I could careless what people listen to, I just find it hilarious at how stupid they sound..

People are acting like Lupe just threw out some garbage and they're buying into it. He clearly didn't, you can tell he put effort into it and isn't just going release whatever. Clearly the label didn't want him to go over the average listeners head on this one, but he still spits that conscious hip-hop. Just because the production/hooks are different doesn't mean this album is way left field. Lupe is still Lupe on this one.

Let me guess "Kick, Push," "I Gotcha," "Hip-Hop Saved My Life," & "Superstar" weren't radio friendly either right or didn't sound poppy? They didn't have catchy hooks and weren't simplistic when he was spittin' either right?

Whatever though, I'm not the one missing out on a great album. Simple as that.

Edit: Remember, this is MY opinion.. so no I'm trying to say it's all facts.

Last edited by m-f; 03-12-2011 at 09:19 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #51
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708
The Cool Returns produce by Kanye West
 7 years ago '06        #52
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
 m-f said:
I clearly wasn't just talking to you my friend..don't feel so special.

Nah Lasers was original in Lupes way. Show me an album that it sounds exactly like. Just because there's a couple tracks with some catchy hooks doesn't mean its wack. People are to judgmental and critical, personally I don't find anything wrong with the album minus "State Run Radio" just doesn't suit the flow of the album, but is still dope either way.

I could careless what people listen to, I just find it hilarious at how stupid they sound..

People are acting like Lupe just threw out some garbage and they're buying into it. He clearly didn't, you can tell he put effort into it and isn't just going release whatever. Clearly the label didn't want him to go over the average listeners head on this one, but he still spits that conscious hip-hop. Just because the production/hooks are different doesn't mean this album is way left field. Lupe is still Lupe on this one.

Let me guess "Kick, Push," "I Gotcha," "Hip-Hop Saved My Life," & "Superstar" weren't radio friendly either right or didn't sound poppy? They didn't have catchy hooks and weren't simplistic when he was spittin' either right?

Whatever though, I'm not the one missing out on a great album. Simple as that.

Edit: Remember, this is MY opinion.. so no I'm trying to say it's all facts.
Well 1st let me say since I'm a huge fan/stan or whatever you wanna call it, I f**ks with Lu, I listen to Lasers for myself and don't let anybody else's opinion sway how I fell about it. So I will never miss out on Lupe. Just know that when I speak on Lupe or any artists I aint speaking after a skim through or listening to the singles.

Yes he has had a couple of pop hits in the past, but damn near a whole album of them. And in my opinion I enjoyed those pop hits more than the songs on this album.

I agree with you on the state run radio messing up the flow but I think 2 or 3 other song do the same thing. All black everything just seems completely out of place. State run radio has one of the best messages on the album but the irony of that message being delivered on that track and on Lasers is comical. They could of put some of those other pop sounding songs like Love Letter to the Beat, What you want, and army girl on here and released as a pop album and saved I'm Beaming and ABE for a future album.

I just think people are a little disappointed because they been waiting for a Lupe album a long time, put him in their top 5, been banging the mixtapes, then Shining down leaked followed by I'm Beaming and go to sleep. Then we get blessed with SLR, and then we get Lasers. I think we were kind of aware that Atlantic was gonna have some influence but 3 songs with MDMA. I thought if Lupe ever did a song with John Legend that it would be crazy, but I'm not to crazy about Never forget You. I heard the label just brought him the track with chorus and was like do you thing. So they didnt even get to work together on the song it was just pieced together. They pieced together the whole album instead of letting it evolve. I've been telling n*ggas Lupe is the truth wait until lasers come out yall will see, and Lasers doesn't help my argument. Guess we gotta wait a little while longer.

By the way Food and Liquor 2 will be renamed 10 times and probably will come out in 2013, either that or it will be released as a mixtape. I dont see Atlantic saying sure Lupe make whatever you want if lasers is doing the numbers that have leaked thus far. He needs to figure out how to get on G.O.O.D. music asap

Last edited by Fiya Starter; 03-12-2011 at 10:25 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #53
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 m-f said:
Reactions of on pace to selling 220k first week?

If Hip-Hop Bloggers and people on BX account for everybody that purchases albums.. please Lawd forgive me.
Did you not see Lupe tweets stating that he was hurt from the reactions his CD was geting? Reactions doesn't equal sales in what I was saying.. Reactions in terms of PEOPLE LISTENING TO THE DAMN CD.. But I'm sure you knew that and you wanted to go the smart a.ss route..Not everyone is on the internet so not every has access to download music before purchasing a CD.. Not to mention I'm sure Atlantic bought a LOT of those copies..

If they didn't and Lupe was in the more of YOUR line of thinking, he wouldn't be out here trying to save face with every other article stating that Atlantic f**ked him over and Lasers was a forced project.. If he thought 220k sold in the first week meant everyone loved it, he wouldn't be speaking the way he's been speaking in his recent interviews...

Lupe always had a nice size fan base, so doing 220k was a given, especially considering how long people been waiting on Lasers.. But I bet once they pop that CD in they will be severely disappointed. ANd Lupe Knows that, which is why he's saying the s**t he says in interviews, and why he's saying this next album will be "hood" and will make sure of it.

If you like Lasers fine, good for you.. You're one of the few.. The s**t was still a failure considering how he was hyping it, saying it was going to be ground breaking, and revolutionary..

Last edited by Hold That; 03-12-2011 at 10:51 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #54
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,417 | Props total: 13084 13084
 MakaveliToDon91 said:
this stan a.ss n*gga...the album aint that nice homie, u gotta relax on some real s**t. god damn.
@ 2.5 little blurbs being "stanning".... coming from someone who refers to himself as "MakaveliToDon", with Tupacs picture attached to the name.

It's a rap discussion board. If I want to discuss something, I will. That's the purpose.

Should I refer to you as stanley for posting about 10 times alone in this Tupac related thread:

???

Or maybe call you stanley for jumping in damn near every Tupac/Tupac related thread?

Maybe you should take some of your own advice, if you feel that strong. I don't knock you for it, but it's mad hypocritical.

Last edited by regularjoe; 03-12-2011 at 11:05 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #55
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
Lupe listened to my request. This may be the first Lupe album that I actually listen to. f**k soft a.ss pus*y music and f**k all his soft a.ss fans.
 7 years ago '11        #56
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 regularjoe said:
How did he "sell out"? I've yet to see one good response to that. He had to compromise to get the album out. I'm proud of him for that. He could have said "no, I'm not doing this s**t"... but he would have let down his entire fan base. The fan base who set up a rally outside the label building.

It was Lupe. And just because the songs are radio/pop... doesn't mean they're whack. One of my favorite Lupe songs came off this album. One of his most complete songs came off this album. And personally, I like you can play this album with a girl in the car and it can satisfy both people.

It's funny--on the internet, this album gets 50/50 responses. In the real world... I've yet to talk to one person who doesn't like this album.
Most of the ppl who hate on the internet are kids trying to be "cool" or "troll". You would laugh if you actually saw what most of these ppl looked like behind they're computer screen. These n*ggas live on the internet more than the real world, which is why u see the same ones on here 24/7 talking about bulls**t. In the real world, this album is winning, I would never listen to one opinion from anybody on the internet, if I did I wouldn't like anything at all.

And then you have the ppl who hate because they are still stuck in the past. The ppl who will never let 2Pac or Biggie just rest and be done with it. The ones who bring up Rakim and others in arguments like its even intelligent to compare 2 diff. time periods together.
 03-12-2011, 11:48 AM         #57
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thank you lupe, THANK YOU VERY f**kING MUCH, cus you and pop rap do NOT mix.
 7 years ago '07        #58
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 1051 1051
 MOTM said:
How do those two quotes make sense
i'm tryna figure that one out too... the beats are harder and its a hood album but nothing has been recorded yet?

03-12-2011, 11:50 AM         #59
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SM said:

Although his long-awaited Lasers album just hit stores, after f!ghting with his label for a release date, Lupe Fiasco already has his next project on his mind.

In a recent interview with MTV, the Chicago MC revealed that he's already hard at work on the Lasers follow-up, Food & Liquor 2.

And, unlike his attempt at mass appeal with Lasers, Lupe says the next album is more along the lines of a "hood album" and makes no attempt at making the radio.

"There's no attempt to get on the radio, except maybe once, thus far, it's still a work in progress," Lupe told MTV. "It's a harder album -- the beats are way harder. It's not about being progressive. It's not about making music, which is weird [to say]. It's 'let's make some really hard-ass songs.' "

03-12-2011, 11:55 AM         #60
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
That Wasn't Lupe On LASERS. That Was A Puppet Lupe On Lasers. He Even Said It Was A Pop Album...He Sold Out To Get It Release and I Aint Talking About Radio Songs Cause Beaming Is Still A Nice Song But The Rest of That s**t On Lasers? That Aint The Lupe I Grown To Listening Too.
fresh knows
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy