Odd Future Covers Billboard

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #21
rexplosive 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$958 | Props total: 271 271
 Got Cheeve? said:
one aspect a lot of the haters don't realize is how these dudes aren't getting popular because they got co-signed by Dre, or Em, or even like a Wiz Khalifa etc. They did all this s**t on their own. Their own beats, their own videos, their own artwork, their own marketing (except now of course but they got themselves to this point.)

mad respect for that, only other cats that did it like that are Wiz and Lil B honestly.
 Got Cheeve? said:
ignorant f**ks

How you think Kanye saw the video in the first place? How you think Mos Def knew to go to the Odd Future show to meet them and then set up a Jimmy Fallon appearance with them in the first place? etc. etc. etc.

They built their buzz on their own just like Wiz, just like Lil B....

and THEN all the famous people co-signed and jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm dealing with retards i swear to god.
Holy f**k every rapper has to do this then, nice logic

you made it seem like they blew them self up like Soulja boy f**k outta here
 7 years ago '10        #22
basedhiphop 
space
space
$1,782 | Props total: 0 0
 Marvin Hagler said:
cmon breh if a n*gga spits misinformation or discredit Lil B obvious success u know based fans finna correct him jus like homie did
he's not correcting anyone

odd future is not near as authentic as kids on this board would like you to believe
 03-10-2011, 07:17 PM         #23
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How didn't they blow themselves up like Soulja Boy? tell me... That's exactly how they blew up.

The only difference is already established artists WANT to co-sign Odd Future.

They didn't want to co-sign Soulja Boy.

And this is no hate, props to to Tell'Em this is all facts, ya'll just angry these lil kids are getting famous an we over here on computers talking about them
 7 years ago '09        #24
rexplosive 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
What do you do? Make music go on tours and hope it gets to people ears

exactly like every rapper ever done it minus people olike maybe Diggy simmons and the goddess willow smith
 7 years ago '04        #25
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,545 | Props total: 2790 2790
that s**t funny that these n*ggas is coming up and the biggest blogs wont even support them

i only f**ks with tyler earl and hodgy beats tho. . .the rest of them n*ggas is maaaad average
 03-10-2011, 07:26 PM         #26
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Maybe you don't realize Soulja Boy got famous off social networking sites on the internet, same with Lil B, same with Odd Future. They weren't touring the country like the days of old. They paved a way for a new way to break into the game. Respect that.

s**t Wiz Khalifa didn't get famous til he got on his youtube social networking grind.

These artists built movements... Based Life, Taylor Gang, Wolf Gang, Jet Life etc. etc.

you just don't like Odd Future it's all good homey you're allowed to, I'm just correcting the one dude who said they only famous cuz Kanye co-signed a video (unless that dude was u too, i get people with hate in their blood mixed up all the time)
 7 years ago '09        #27
rexplosive 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
I don't hate them, I told you like Tyler, i think dude has potential to get a grammy if he gets a tad bit more famous before album drop

The rest of them are alright, but to say they didn't get help is stupid

Social networking? What you guys adding everything now, these guys didn't tour? lol they were bragging about doing shows all over the country and sad they have to go on coach busses

They do it like how everyone else does, word of mouth you get a cosign you more famous thats how it works
 03-10-2011, 07:33 PM         #28
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
How didn't they blow themselves up like Soulja Boy? tell me... That's exactly how they blew up.

And this is no hate, props to to Tell'Em this is all facts, ya'll just angry these lil kids are getting famous an we over here on computers talking about them
They've been kicking it with Plain Pat for a minute. More than likely they've had access to the best hookups in the industry. It's not like Tyler got the chance to meet Justin Bieber because he jumped on Jimmy Fallon's back.

Their hard work and touring got them to a certain point, but LIKE SOULJA BOY, A&R got them to the next level.
 03-10-2011, 07:35 PM         #29
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not everything is as it seems people. As much as I like Odd Future, there's a lot of behind the scenes handling that simply can't be done by a bunch of 16=19 year olds.
 7 years ago '04        #30
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,365 | Props total: 6376 6376
 Got Cheeve? said:

rappers been doing this since 05. like dude said this isn't new per say. im not mad for them making noise. im saying that them rappers cosigning helped them get on the billboard cover.

this could be a drake situation for all we know
 03-10-2011, 07:44 PM         #31
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also, for people who think they don't produce/play their own s**t

[video - click to view]

03-10-2011, 07:44 PM         #32
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think they've only had like 6-8 shows total so they actually didn't tour everywhere and then finally get co-signed.

They got co-signed early as hell.

You right about Tyler being the reason they're getting co-signed (half the dudes in OF aren't even really music artists), but a lot has to do with the whole free earl stigma too. that always works in favor (how many people thought Tony Yayo was the s**t before he got out? )

never said they did all this on their own.

all i said was they made their own beats, their own videos, their own artwork, pushed their own albums over the net and it was good enough to the point to where a Plain Pat came to them.

Most rappers 1) don't make their own beats (they have to get a neptunes track, or a dre track, or a premo track etc. etc.) 2) don't make their own videos 3) have to take their demo TO the A&Rs 4) don't make their own artwork.

s**t most artists' artwork is a lame picture of them with their rap name and them with a car or a big a.ss chain.... now THAT takes genius
 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM         #33
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
I think they've only had like 6-8 shows total so they actually didn't tour everywhere and then finally get co-signed.

They got co-signed early as hell.

You right about Tyler being the reason they're getting co-signed (half the dudes in OF aren't even really music artists), but a lot has to do with the whole free earl stigma too. that always works in favor (how many people thought Tony Yayo was the s**t before he got out? )

never said they did all this on their own.

all i said was they made their own beats, their own videos, their own artwork, pushed their own albums over the net and it was good enough to the point to where a Plain Pat came to them.

Most rappers 1) don't make their own beats (they have to get a neptunes track, or a dre track, or a premo track etc. etc.) 2) don't make their own videos 3) have to take their demo TO the A&Rs 4) don't make their own artwork.

s**t most artists' artwork is a lame picture of them with their rap name and them with a car or a big a.ss chain.... now THAT takes genius
I think that's what all people are saying. They worked to a point.
 7 years ago '09        #34
rexplosive 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
Alright I Agree with that, but at this current state the fact they are blowing up is on cosigns nothing wrong with that, cause what differenciates from J.coles/Big Sean/Yelawolf etc is what they do it maintain it

they have their own lane, they make their own beats they master their own s**ts i think Tyler is going to be huge in hip hop if he doesn't get to into the limellight

the rest can enjoy it

I hope they blow though just regular kids with a dream can't hate

but to say its 100% on their own is bulls**t
 03-10-2011, 07:59 PM         #35
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rexplosive said:
Alright I Agree with that, but at this current state the fact they are blowing up is on cosigns nothing wrong with that, cause what differenciates from J.coles/Big Sean/Yelawolf etc is what they do it maintain it

they have their own lane, they make their own beats they master their own s**ts i think Tyler is going to be huge in hip hop if he doesn't get to into the limellight

the rest can enjoy it

I hope they blow though just regular kids with a dream can't hate

but to say its 100% on their own is bulls**t
but hold up, what's THIS bulls**t about?

rexplosive said:
for a black guy tyler has a small d!ck
Nevermind, keep it to yourself
 7 years ago '09        #36
rexplosive 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
Told you i want them to blow
 7 years ago '05        #37
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,531 | Props total: 129 129
Heard they shyt, its lame and wack. With that said they bound to be number one in this game. Thats what it takes in this "odd future".

Last edited by neworleansavior; 03-10-2011 at 10:55 PM..
 03-10-2011, 08:10 PM         #38
JetsFool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW, im happy for them, they put in work..
really blowin up quick.. congrats OF.
 03-10-2011, 08:38 PM         #39
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do u keep saying "but to say they did it 100% on their own"

who said that?

thats been my question this whole thread

ya'll get the point. and by no means am i one of these clowns running around in free earl shirts and s**t. i don't get fanatic. i just don't never have. but i hate misinformation, which is why i stepped in.

everyone knows Tyler got talent. i'm merely respecting how this kid got his name so big that A&Rs had to pay attention. and i was very impressed with Earl Sweathshirt's flow and lyrics for only being 16 years old.

especially when u got clowns like Bow Wow making it big at the same age with his bulls**t. Odd Future actually gets RAW unlike 90% of the industry.
 03-10-2011, 10:38 PM         #40
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who?!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago