how much do you currently have in your bank account?

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
182 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
scarface622 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,212 | Props total: 1 1
i got $2,000 in my checking account, I'm a college student looking for a job. Holding on to that financial aid lol can't spend it on dumb s**t
 7 years ago '05        #102
Boy_Wonder 
space
space
$637 | Props total: 6 6
 egotistical said:
n*gga on the internet oh soft grandma panties a.ss n*gga...

n*gga GTFO along with the rest of you lieing a.ss members...

:jay: oh overnight signing up for boxden a.ss n*gga...
LMAO @ this illiterate baboon

Peep this n*gga

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #103
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 egotistical said:
Plain and simple I don't believe some of you guys, as much as I want too... I say about 2-3% of people are telllin the truth... props on the one who are really putting in work. No way can I believe some of you college students having 20k plus and s**t in your account. Unless your parents pretty much gave u the money, and your already rich... Nontheless good work, its amazing to see that people really save.

Right Now I have about 6k in checking no savings. I am trying to figure out wtf I am going to do with some money. Meaning if I am going to split and save some or what. I am also trying to see how I feel about saving money and such. One hand I think you should save, but on the other hand everyone doesn't have alot of time on this earth. So I am trying to figure out the right ratio to spend:save....
Honestly, no one has posted crazy numbers except for dude with the chase account (why he took a physical picture and not a simple screen cap is beyond me)...If I didn't live in NYC, I would have easily doubled my savings amount by now, but everything in NY is expensive, taxes take almost half my paycheck.

Saving fairly diligently, having low cost of living (not paying for 35k cars and going out every weekend) and a full time job, accumulating 20-25k in a few years isn't hard to believe, especially if you don't live in a downtown or a major metro area. You'll be surprised how far 50-55k a year goes in some places.

My first 2 years out of college I had 2 other roommates and I made a goal to save at least 1000 a month from work (I was making probably a little more than 2k a month after taxes). I still bought my big screen TV and went out on the weekends, but the first thing I did with every paycheck was have 500 dollars automatically transferred in my savings account. Anything that was left over from bills and metro cards was free for me to spend.

Anytime I worked overtime? That went straight into the savings account. At the end of 2 years, I was at 30k, and every penny I saved went into a mutual fund or into my high yield savings account so I was making 30-35 dollars every month off of interest. I then started to read up on the stock market and had my roommate that worked on wall street give me the basics. I made about another 5k in 3 months off of option calls on Apple, then made another 3k off of option calls on Netflix when the stock market started to pick back up. Thats another 8k on top of my 30k that was STILL gaining interest, all while still saving at least 1000 a month.

Now, I'm spending more money (live by myself, more bills, ect. ect.) but still making sure to save at least 1000 a month. Not to mention I make double the amount of money I did when I first started working, so I have more that I can play around with. I've recently made some big purchases (New TV, digital camera, an investment property) so i'm working on saving more when I take a year off from working soon.

My savings plan is alot more modest then most. It's very doable if you put forth the effort and set goals yet still live your life.
 7 years ago '06        #104
MyStYlEaRt 
space
space
$4,118 | Props total: 1159 1159
My plan was simple and achieved through lots of hard work and discipline. I started working in H.s. and would save about $300 a month. In about 6 months I bought my first car for $2000. I kept on working and upped my savings while working two jobs, saved up $10000 in about a year and a half and bought my second car. I put $6000 down and had $4000 left. Ended up in the restaurant thing and saved $1000 a month. Ended up graduating nursing school and for the past year been strictly saving $2000 a month. Here and there if i get overtime or income tax check i blow it on what enjoying my self.
 03-16-2011, 12:37 PM         #105
UdownwitK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMagicMan said:
Honestly, no one has posted crazy numbers except for dude with the chase account (why he took a physical picture and not a simple screen cap is beyond me)...If I didn't live in NYC, I would have easily doubled my savings amount by now, but everything in NY is expensive, taxes take almost half my paycheck.

Saving fairly diligently, having low cost of living (not paying for 35k cars and going out every weekend) and a full time job, accumulating 20-25k in a few years isn't hard to believe, especially if you don't live in a downtown or a major metro area. You'll be surprised how far 50-55k a year goes in some places.

My first 2 years out of college I had 2 other roommates and I made a goal to save at least 1000 a month from work (I was making probably a little more than 2k a month after taxes). I still bought my big screen TV and went out on the weekends, but the first thing I did with every paycheck was have 500 dollars automatically transferred in my savings account. Anything that was left over from bills and metro cards was free for me to spend.

Anytime I worked overtime? That went straight into the savings account. At the end of 2 years, I was at 30k, and every penny I saved went into a mutual fund or into my high yield savings account so I was making 30-35 dollars every month off of interest. I then started to read up on the stock market and had my roommate that worked on wall street give me the basics. I made about another 5k in 3 months off of option calls on Apple, then made another 3k off of option calls on Netflix when the stock market started to pick back up. Thats another 8k on top of my 30k that was STILL gaining interest, all while still saving at least 1000 a month.

Now, I'm spending more money (live by myself, more bills, ect. ect.) but still making sure to save at least 1000 a month. Not to mention I make double the amount of money I did when I first started working, so I have more that I can play around with. I've recently made some big purchases (New TV, digital camera, an investment property) so i'm working on saving more when I take a year off from working soon.

My savings plan is alot more modest then most. It's very doable if you put forth the effort and set goals yet still live your life.
I did the same thing outta high school. Moved wit my two homeboys and I was saving hella money since all the bills were split and only totaled like $450. I was saving $1000 a month as well. I'm very good with my dough, I'm just addicted to working/fixing up cars. I buy jordans too but that's it, lol.
 7 years ago '07        #106
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 niceguy954 said:
damn im 23..

800 checking

2k savings

$50,000 student debt..gonna graduate in april which a job line up with $108,000 (pharmacist)...time to catch up with ya ballers
:greetings10:
Same here, gonna finish up pharm school in a couple years. Hows the job prospects looking?

But that salary tho:cool-smiley-009:
 03-16-2011, 07:32 PM         #107
Gooser  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm wondering how many of you guys live in big cities and actually fully support yourself by yourself in every sense of the phrase?
 7 years ago '08        #108
Snappy 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$727 | Props total: 1 1
 UdownwitK said:
small a.ss town outside athens ga.

lol. and i dont know if anyone was callin me a liar in particular but i got pictures for days, lol. i got so much grass, i dont even cut it all. every mad gotta have a nice shed too. that cost a pretty penny.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

you have an amazing yard man. I would love to trade my rented apartment room for a house with a yard!
 7 years ago '05        #109
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,308 | Props total: 4732 4732
 Gooser said:
I'm wondering how many of you guys live in big cities and actually fully support yourself by yourself in every sense of the phrase?
I don't know if you consider Denver a "big city," but I've been on my own for a couple of years now, if that counts. But I won't lie, the rents ALWAYS cook a s**t load of food for me whenever I drop by to visit for a weekend.

But I also chose to live in the burbs to save on the rent. Can't wait to start looking for houses when my income is stable enough.
 03-17-2011, 07:24 PM         #110
UdownwitK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Snappy said:
you have an amazing yard man. I would love to trade my rented apartment room for a house with a yard!
preciate it bro. crazy thing is, the yard has no trees. completely flat land that didnt have to be cleared out. i'm wanting to put a full court basketball court beside my shed for me & my boyz. but i cant figure out exactly where i want it, lol.
 7 years ago '06        #111
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 ttime236 said:
Same here, gonna finish up pharm school in a couple years. Hows the job prospects looking?

But that salary tho:cool-smiley-009:
im actually going to do a residency so I will be making like 40k my first year than jump up to 110k after that..residency is the key to success in the pharmacy market now..jump on it
 7 years ago '06        #112
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 UdownwitK said:
preciate it bro. crazy thing is, the yard has no trees. completely flat land that didnt have to be cleared out. i'm wanting to put a full court basketball court beside my shed for me & my boyz. but i cant figure out exactly where i want it, lol.
B-ball court...motivation..back on these books... logging off BX....
 7 years ago '04        #113
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
 TheMagicMan said:

Good looks on the story its good motivation, shows you can save and still spend... its all about a balance... I worked as a banker for like a year or so... and it was pretty rare to see some of these amount that people are expressing... and not to be racist, but if it was a high a.ss amount dude was pretty much white... even statistics show that minors are far behind on savings and such, I guess on top of that you hear all these fakes stories on boxden along with the same n*ggas buying fakes, in debt (calif**kboy) post pictures of stacks in there account....

I usually believe about 2-3% of s**t on boxden anyways...

and For f*gBoy_Wonder n*gga it was a joke get your draws out of ya a.ss crack...

7 years ago '09        #114
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,824 | Props total: 1138 1138
$916.84 in checking and $52.00 i savings. This is after I spent $500 today on an insurance deductible for my car so I'm pretty pissed. But anyways, no thanks from mommy and daddy on my accounts. Just hard work...I got a couple of dollars in 401k but I don't pay much attention to it...my bills are about a little over $1200 a month before food and gas

Last edited by mtva24; 03-18-2011 at 01:47 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #115
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,618 | Props total: 1756 1756
i got about 3800 in savings and 688.24 ckg. i just started working at a bank so i been learning to stack up. i dont wanna be like the 40 yr olds that come to my job to cash a check with 16 cents in their account. but im financing a 2005 vw passat this weekend so ill prolly put like 3k down. im 20, i moved back in with moms to help out and get my money right too no shame, im just tryna take it slow until i get a raise and the money t go somehwere else
 7 years ago '04        #116
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 chamboi42o said:
even if you or anybody said post a picture, i wouldnt. either take my words or call me a liar.

checkings: 3294.91
savings: 28,182.00

my 401k: $12,000. and its still building.

im 28.
you should put some of that savings in an IRA...you'll get a better return.
 03-19-2011, 11:14 PM         #117
twentythree  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
$13,022.54 in checking... $300.00 in savings. I am looking to invest some of my money soon.
 7 years ago '11        #118
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
0 Dollars.
 7 years ago '11        #119
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
financial advice :

if you have under 100,000 in disposable income keep saving it , this aint 2002 with them BS real estate schemes where you can flip your money. Forget it take a Vaca , with your money man so you can enjoy it.

Dont invest in stocks aka dreams .
Dont invest period because its a recession and there are many other people trying to come -up
Dont buy a Car unless its in Cash ,

Live in a Decent Home ,
drive a Corolla .

Last edited by Trolling; 03-20-2011 at 10:59 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #120
mobsta 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,015 | Props total: 241 241
IM IN THE GOD DAMN MOTHER f**kIN OVER DRAFT n*ggaZ
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy