how much do you currently have in your bank account?

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Now can you give us your social security number?????
Y'all crazy as hell.
 7 years ago '06        #62
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,504 | Props total: 17938 17938
i only have 4 grand but im a college student
 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM         #63
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jgar030283 said:
The traditional IRA was a rollover from my first gig out of law school. You're correct I can only contribute to the Roth. Hoping for something like this.

401k- 16,500
Roth- 5,000
Taxable 20,000

Will use excess cash to buy real estate.

At some point my AGI will be such that I can't contribute to a Roth. I'm trying to take advantage while I can. Also, my investments are really simplistic. I only own 4 vanguard index funds and no individual stocks (80/20 a.sset allocation). Too much of a tax headache for me. I'll leave the trading to the high frequency folks.
thats exactly what i want to be doing. maxing out the 401k and roth every year. the roth especially before the phase out limits start hitting.

vanguard is defiitely the way to go. i really dont believe in active management. if you have a schwab account you can even buy and sell their ETF's for free, no transaction costs which make them even cheaper than vanguard's fyi...
 7 years ago '06        #64
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
8k in a CD (it's a 3 month through pnc and I just let it roll over and gain like $1.03 per month)
6.8k in a mutual fund
900 in my checking account.
600 in my other checking account. I blew sooo much $$$$ and looking back I'm ashamed of how much I spent on being young and dumb.
 03-11-2011, 03:15 PM         #65
cyto401  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
400 in CD
1000 in Savings
College Student 21
Thought this thread was gay at first, but good shyt ... Actually makes me think about my future ... parents fresh off the boat don't know shyt about investing so I'm about to get on my grind
 03-11-2011, 05:26 PM         #66
bchef101  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
10,000,000,000 in cash
100,000,000,000 in saving
1,000,000,000,000 in checking
get like me
 7 years ago '05        #67
Boy_Wonder 
space
space
$637 | Props total: 6 6
 cyto401 said:
400 in CD
1000 in Savings
College Student 21
Thought this thread was gay at first, but good shyt ... Actually makes me think about my future ... parents fresh off the boat don't know shyt about investing
I laughed a bit too hard at that

I'm 21 about to turn 22 soon.. 3rd year in University
+$5000 in Savings
+$4500 in Stocks
+$550 cash
-$12,000 Student Loans

Only reason i got $ in my account is cause of an internship
 7 years ago '06        #68
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
damn im 23..

800 checking

2k savings

$50,000 student debt..gonna graduate in april which a job line up with $108,000 (pharmacist)...time to catch up with ya ballers
:greetings10:
 7 years ago '06        #69
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
 bklynnas9 said:
thats exactly what i want to be doing. maxing out the 401k and roth every year. the roth especially before the phase out limits start hitting.

vanguard is defiitely the way to go. i really dont believe in active management. if you have a schwab account you can even buy and sell their ETF's for free, no transaction costs which make them even cheaper than vanguard's fyi...
what other places you recommend

vanguard, schwab, what about Fidelity?
 7 years ago '05        #70
jgar030283 
space
space
space
$79 | Props total: 0 0
 bklynnas9 said:

With the PMA checking account I'll have 100 commission fee transactions a year. I'll just continue to add to my Vanguard funds. I know a number of folks that buy Schwab ETF's. It really is just a matter of preference but for taxable investing I don't think there's a better deal around than the PMA account.
 7 years ago '06        #71
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
 jgar030283 said:
With the PMA checking account I'll have 100 commission fee transactions a year. I'll just continue to add to my Vanguard funds. I know a number of folks that buy Schwab ETF's. It really is just a matter of preference but for taxable investing I don't think there's a better deal around than the PMA account.
break down a lil about that PMA account...what unique about it? advantages? disadvantages?
 7 years ago '05        #72
jgar030283 
space
space
space
$79 | Props total: 0 0
 niceguy954 said:
break down a lil about that PMA account...what unique about it? advantages? disadvantages?
Nothing particularly special about it. If you have a PMA checking account and open a wellstrade account you get 100 free wellstrade transactions per year. So you could essentially take your taxable investments and invest commission free for only keeping 25k in a checking account with wellsfargo. It's really a great deal. One of the best around.
 7 years ago '11        #73
ajb2k6 
space
space
space
$14 | Props total: 0 0
I'm 25 with 40k in my 401k account. Have about 8k in stocks and 30k in checking account (i'll be moving a significant amount to stocks/ETFs soon).
 03-12-2011, 12:32 AM         #74
NYGallday  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im 20

1800 in savings

350+ in checkin thats about it
 7 years ago '06        #75
vinylfiend1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 347 347
 bklynnas9 said:
do you have plans of investing any of that cash or just letting it accumulate for the house? nothing wrong with that btw
I might invest some but im unsure where at the moment and a pretty conservative saver/invester.
 7 years ago '10        #76
HardBody81 
space
space
space
$195 | Props total: 1 1
damn, i dont know wtf i would do with myself if i had over a G in the bank...

only have like 15 in my checking now

0 in my savings...

0 in student loans

im 19 going on 20 in a couple months and in college...

but i really can't work because im on an athletic scholarship so im not tripping
 7 years ago '05        #77
xratede 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 236 236
Im 26 with 50k plus in savings and roughly 5k total in two checking accounts and $300 cash on me. I havent checked on my 401k in awhile though, last time I checked it was about 10k. Only reason I have so much in savings is because ever since Ive been 22y/o Ive put half of my tax refunds and whatever I make off fixing computers and other extra $$ in it. I hope to have about 150k in savings by the time im 30 (wishfulthinking). Interesting thred btw.
 7 years ago '05        #78
xratede 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 236 236
 HardBody81 said:
damn, i dont know wtf i would do with myself if i had over a G in the bank...

only have like 15 in my checking now

0 in my savings...

0 in student loans

im 19 going on 20 in a couple months and in college...

but i really can't work because im on an athletic scholarship so im not tripping
yea dont trip my dude I was in the same boat as u, just if u get refunds or anything save atleast half. Saving comes along way
 7 years ago '10        #79
HardBody81 
space
space
space
$195 | Props total: 1 1
 xratede said:
yea dont trip my dude I was in the same boat as u, just if u get refunds or anything save atleast half. Saving comes along way
moms makes too much for me to be eligible for FAFSA smfh....

so while everybody else getting their 5,000 refund checks i get 0 lol
 03-12-2011, 10:27 AM         #80
bklynnas9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 niceguy954 said:
what other places you recommend

vanguard, schwab, what about Fidelity?
Fidelity and T Rowe Price are both great in addition. They act as both custodians (you can house your money here in terms of investments and IRA's) as well as great broker dealers that offer really low cost vehicles that you can capitalize on.

That being said, in addition to a schwab account, i also have etrade because through my job, i qualify for $5 dollar trades, so its only 10 bucks round trip if I wanna play an interesting trade.

For the most part, i use my schwab account. they have high yield savings accounts where you can leave ur money for the time being when you dont know what to invest in and earn some kind of interest over what you can get in a chase account. they keep adding new ETF's to their stable which are free to trade if you have a schwab account!

let me repeat, free to trade, if you have a schwab account. thats a no brainer
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy