Lupe's Lasers on pace to sell more then 220K in its first week

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #141
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 espy said:
real lupe fans lost, you think atlantic is going to give lupe control if this goes gold or plat? hell no. this will prob be the blueprint for his albums from now on. lupe x b.o.b x pop
I doubt they'd put F&L2 on hold.
 03-10-2011, 02:33 PM         #142
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I went through the whole album. Album was pretty weak
 7 years ago '10        #143
Pun 8 heat pts
space
space
$621 | Props total: 16 16
lupe won
 7 years ago '04        #144
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4118 4118
 Hold That said:
Label bought a lot of those copies.. For the simple fact that they are the major culprit in Lasers being a pop/rap record..

They can't allow Lasers to fail, especially after pushing Lupe in the direction to make more poppish songs.. You can't have Lasers doing bad numbers after Cool/F&L sold so well.. They need to have some sort of grounds to f!ght on by saying "see, this is what the fans want Lupe, more poppish beats, numbers dont lie, ignore the internet blogs.."

I'd be shocked if this goes Gold in the first 3 months. they can only buy so many.
It makes no sense for them to do that. If he fails they still get their money and could cut him loose. If he sells well they get more loot. The name of the game is money. Atlantic buying the records loses money.
 7 years ago '09        #145
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8870 8870
@ n*ggaz claiming THAT labels buy albums

Bulls**t

50 Cents stans mad that Lupe sold more than 50 Cent BISD
 7 years ago '05        #146
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Atlantic Buying Up Albums Now Cause Aint No Way In Hell That Album Pushing That. I'm Lupe Fan & I Was Disappoint With The Album. It Wasnt Lupe At All...
album wasn't all that bad tho
 7 years ago '04        #147
miamisports 13 heat pts13
space
space
$700 | Props total: 46 46
 AirForce318 said:
album wasn't all that bad tho
Lasers is a good album; this was one of the first albums I actually bought in years. It definitely and obviously has a more mainstream vibe, but its way too easy to dismiss the album because of this and not give it a few listens. With Lupe its always been about the lyrics for me, so even if the production this time around is more on the pop side I still enjoy the words ('All Black Everything', 'Beautiful Lasers'). He delivers solidly with this one and lets hope he has more control over F&L2, that way he can keep the soul of his music intact

And on the point of Atlantic buying albums, I thought it was more common for rappers to buy their own albums to legitimize themselves? Doesn't make much sense for a major to buy albums just to prove a point to one artist after they've already sunk so much money into making the damn album
 7 years ago '05        #148
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
 miamisports said:
Lasers is a good album; this was one of the first albums I actually bought in years. It definitely and obviously has a more mainstream vibe, but its way too easy to dismiss the album because of this and not give it a few listens. With Lupe its always been about the lyrics for me, so even if the production this time around is more on the pop side I still enjoy the words ('All Black Everything', 'Beautiful Lasers'). He delivers solidly with this one and lets hope he has more control over F&L2, that way he can keep the soul of his music intact

And on the point of Atlantic buying albums, I thought it was more common for rappers to buy their own albums to legitimize themselves? Doesn't make much sense for a major to buy albums just to prove a point to one artist after they've already sunk so much money into making the damn album
:agreement6: well worded my man
 7 years ago '04        #149
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
I love the album

I told ya'll the Record Company knows what will sell

Mainstream Euro hip-hop with good lyrics is a winning formula.

Boom bap is dead. We want s**t to ride out to, and to have fun with.

Some of you are anti-mainstream, just to be anti-mainstream, only to end up being mainstream in your own way. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Last edited by Magnificent Phoenix; 03-10-2011 at 05:56 PM..
 03-10-2011, 06:05 PM         #150
BROFIST 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
I love the album

Some of you are anti-mainstream, just to be anti-mainstream, only to end up being mainstream in your own way. Hypocrisy at its finest!
you are such a non-conformist with your yellow text. I for one is not afraid of being mainstream by using the default color when I type.
 7 years ago '06        #151
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
Glad the album is doling well, but I still aint gone say this is a great album. Food and Liquor shyts on this album as well as the cool. All black everything is the best song on the album but it would be like the the 5th or 6th best song on F&L or the Cool. I guess if you are into the pop music sound of 2010 you would love it, but a lot of us Lupe fans loved how he kept his first 2 albums original and didnt follow the trends of the music industry. We can only hope that F&L2 returns to what he does best. The bonus tracks are better than the tracks on Lasers. I'm guessing ABE, go to sleep, I'm beaming, Shining Down were tracks that were intended to be on the original Lasers LP.
 7 years ago '05        #152
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Oh now everybody loves the album?
 7 years ago '04        #153
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,342 | Props total: 2767 2767
 Swisher sweet said:
Oh now everybody loves the album?
well i remember when "The cool" came out and everybody bashed it, along with "Food n Liquor".
 7 years ago '08        #154
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,409 | Props total: 422 422
Felt like Akon was gonna bust out singing on some of those hooks
 7 years ago '04        #155
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Arson said:
listening to this joint now. Its pop but I f**ks with it. Not even a bad cd honestly
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6: i been telling n*ggas

Letting go
words i never Said
I dont wanna care (f**k it that s**t dope)
Till I get there
Show goes on
Beautiful Lasers
State run radio
All black everything

all these are dope songs it would have had I'm beaming SLR and shining down and replaced lose my head with love letter to the beat this would be just as dope as the cool

NEways congrats to Lupe!!! lets hope this success gives him more creative leverage over Food and liquor 2 though

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 03-11-2011 at 03:02 PM..
 03-11-2011, 03:05 PM         #156
Kakarot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupe won or atlantic dependin how u look at it
 7 years ago '04        #157
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 VictoryThagr8 said:
well i remember when "The cool" came out and everybody bashed it, along with "Food n Liquor".
right and in truth thats what set this all this s**t in motion all these so called hip hop fans downloaded F&L instead of buying it and that k!lled his leverage with the label

YOU HAVE TO BUY THE MUSIC

Fans of the cool think this album is too commercial, when superstar came out F&l fans thought that was too commercial, when kick push came out Fahrenheit fans that it was too commercial and that the advanced album was superior so they didn't buy it all this is is a bunch of excuses to be cheap and in the end the fans suffer for it

Magnificent Phoenix said:
I love the album

bulls**t the labels has been putting out flops left and right this is about absolute control which is why they tried to lock him in a 360 contract before the album was release and The cool was a major success across the board lupe knows how to make marketable music but all worked out cause this isn't really a bad product

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 03-11-2011 at 03:17 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #158
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226
 Redplayboy313 said:
Clearly!!! If BX opinions mattered nicki minaj wouldn't be multi-platinum. & joe budden would would have the top spot on billboard 200 for the last 5 years.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy