Lupe's Lasers on pace to sell more then 220K in its first week

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #121
onlybuilt1906 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,526 | Props total: 1106 1106
I'll never see the appeal of this guy. No way his album is better or more important than Saigon's.
 7 years ago '09        #122
MOTM 71 heat pts71 OP
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
 onlybuilt1906 said:
I'll never see the appeal of this guy. No way his album is better or more important than Saigon's.
Hopefully Saigon is able to go plastic in a couple of months
 7 years ago '06        #123
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 DurtySoufReppin said:
you n*ggaz are crazy if you think Lupe can't sell 220K in 1 week

his s**t is all over ESPN & he has some of the most loyal fans in hip hop
/thread..
 7 years ago '06        #124
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,252 | Props total: 439 439
people just say the album sucks cause thats the cool thing to say right now.... its not in line with his first two, but lets be honest they are both classics.. lasers is still a quality product... cant compare him to saigon, different kind of rap... lasers grew on me over the last 8-10 days and i love it now.. haters will always find something to hate about.. track 4 and 5 are the only tracks that are mehhhhh.. but lupe still k!lls it.. i bought the album and im happy for him..
 03-10-2011, 08:57 AM         #125
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This means nothing but more misery for the kid...

Now the Label is gonna say "See, we were right".

Dude ain't never gonna be able to release F&L.

Sad
 7 years ago '07        #126
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,475 | Props total: 6052 6052
lupe lied with the whole "this album was my labels doing".

this dude has had full control of his music since he stepped into the game. the only reason he said all that bulls**t is because he caught feeling of fans on the internet saying the album sucked and was a bit too commercial

dude is probably jumping up and down knowing his album opened up with almost a 1/4 mil in a time when albums don't sell.
 03-10-2011, 09:45 AM         #127
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Atlantic won...
 03-10-2011, 09:45 AM         #128
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TYT said:
food&liquor>> thecool >> lasers
food & liquor >> the cool >>>>>>>>>>>>> every natural disaster and war in human existence >>>>>>>> lasers
 7 years ago '05        #129
Black Moses 
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
 Maroon_Tiger said:
THIS..

they made him redo songs, make it more mainstream, and hes projected to do numbers that hes never done before... in spite of dude crying at least 10 times this year and saying the album sucked and throwing atlantic under the bus like 10 times publicly
exactly and you lupe fans should be ashamed of yourselves for thinkin this n*gga can't sell on his own without Atlantic buying up the albums...the f**k atlantic get outta buying 200k themselves lol. Thats hustlin backwards....
 7 years ago '08        #130
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,406 | Props total: 422 422
Surprising numbers but this album is still weak. Atlantic not touching F&L2?? Hope Lupe has that in writing
 03-10-2011, 10:34 AM         #131
RurourniK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's gonna be a lot of disappointed fans.
 03-10-2011, 11:23 AM         #132
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going go buy it, I might not even open it, but I think i owe a few artists an album purchase. Kanye, Wayne, Fab, Lloyd Banks, etc... all these n*ggas who I have like 500 songs on my computer from.

Do artists make more from itunes downloads or an actual retail album sale? I'm not really trying to support Target or Best Buy, just the artist.
 7 years ago '10        #133
SteezDoesIt 
space
space
$429 | Props total: 19 19
damm can't believe that. Good for him tho
 7 years ago '10        #134
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
album is still weak to me and i'm a big fan but i'm pleased for him to have some success.
 7 years ago '05        #135
theylikeme05 
space
space
$2,660 | Props total: 366 366
Commercially this is a solid album...its WAAAAAAY too pop for me but in the scope of it being pop music its actually a great POP album....worse album of his career though
 7 years ago '09        #136
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,072 | Props total: 8841 8841
 VeX said:
album is still weak to me and i'm a big fan but i'm pleased for him to have some success.

m-f said:
Do people realize theres a whole world out side of BX, and like I've been saying..everyone likes this album minus haters on the net and internet bloggers.
Some ppl don't like lasers, so you call them haters
STFU stop crying baby
 7 years ago '05        #137
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,729 | Props total: 12514 12514
Label bought a lot of those copies.. For the simple fact that they are the major culprit in Lasers being a pop/rap record..

They can't allow Lasers to fail, especially after pushing Lupe in the direction to make more poppish songs.. You can't have Lasers doing bad numbers after Cool/F&L sold so well.. They need to have some sort of grounds to f!ght on by saying "see, this is what the fans want Lupe, more poppish beats, numbers dont lie, ignore the internet blogs.."

I'd be shocked if this goes Gold in the first 3 months. they can only buy so many.
 03-10-2011, 01:18 PM         #138
freezah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Lu can't win for losing ! When he wasn't making outstanding numbers you said he needed to step up his game and I thought he did... now here are decent numbers and ya'll say Atlantic records is buying his album! 1 million is a lot to spend just for buying one dudes album and if Lu needed that much help in selling his record Atlantic would've just dropped his a.ss. They don't seem to mind doing this anyway (Lil Kim?) . Listening to his albums and this one you know that Lu has been consistent versus all other artists. Real fans know how to appreciate that you're boy is putting out a terrific album thats selling. If you can't get with that go wait on a Kardashian album to drop or die waiting for Charles Hamilton to put out a real album or just stop hating...seriously :aloofandbored10:

Last edited by freezah; 03-10-2011 at 01:28 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #139
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,666 | Props total: 1224 1224
1. no one knows if atlantic actually bought the albums......none of you have evidence of this. its PROBABLE, but u aint tryna go to jail for probable cause now are you?

2. congrats to lupe for makin some decent sells.

3.i haven't heard the album yet (i'm gonna buy the album) but if it aint up to lupe other work ima just take tha L

4. hopefully Food & liquor 2 is on sum mo s**t
 7 years ago '11        #140
socal511 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$663 | Props total: 601 601
Food and liquor. > than this mainstream crap
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy