Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
 142
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 105
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 70
Image(s) inside Jessica Jones AKA Krysten Ritter Is Fine To Me Bruh
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 62
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
90 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #161
blizzard 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$553 | Props total: 16 16
Not reading all this, and sorry if this has been said...but Jalen Rose was speaking to his perspective coming out of high school. Everybody back then felt like that if you had a favorite college team. I was UNC fan since Rick Fox and Pete Chilcut but I still hated Duke and thought their players who were black were suckas and sellouts. It was just the era. Had nothing to do with hatin on fellow black men.
 7 years ago '07        #162
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,205 | Props total: 5343 5343
 majestic75 said:
The superior education and opportunities that Duke present far outweigh the opportunity to shine athletically at an hbcu. An nba career isn't guaranteed. Why put all your eggs in one basket?
plenty prestigious black schools to go to.an nba career isnt nor is a job wit a degree.
why keep makin tha rich richer?
 7 years ago '06        #163
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$20,338 | Props total: 561 561
it's true... u never see duke recruiting anyone out the hood
 7 years ago '07        #164
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,205 | Props total: 5343 5343
 majestic75 said:
So by the logic of a lot of people defending what he said, it would be okay for white players on Duke to call UNC players ******s. After all, they were 18 back then and it was all for the sake of the rivalry...right?
yea thats great logic
 03-09-2011, 09:23 PM         #165
kjyo20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rose is winning with this...
 7 years ago '10        #166
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,258 | Props total: 18830 18830
 r.burgundy said:
plenty prestigious black schools to go to.an nba career isnt nor is a job wit a degree.
why keep makin tha rich richer?
I have never in my life seen the top recuits in the country go to an HBCU in any sport. So plz dont try to single out Duke wit that BS
 7 years ago '07        #167
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,205 | Props total: 5343 5343
 lboog1423 said:
I have never in my life seen the top recuits in the country go to an HBCU in any sport. So plz dont try to single out Duke wit that BS
if your black then u should learn your history.
duke is singled out by jalen rose,not by me
 7 years ago '06        #168
damn_ryght 
space
avatar space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 1953 1953
a **** statement from jalen
 7 years ago '10        #169
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,258 | Props total: 18830 18830
 r.burgundy said:
if your black then u should learn your history.
duke is singled out by jalen rose,not by me
History that Duke has always had high Ivy league type standards since the 60's, i already know. didnt see jalen pickin an HBCU either
 7 years ago '10        #170
theking1 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 12 12
 r.burgundy said:
did u miss tha part where i said these guys would help build a school to a duke level?had he went to a hbcu,he mighta been in tha league

nba salary>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>duke degree


 7 years ago '07        #171
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,205 | Props total: 5343 5343
 lboog1423 said:
History that Duke has always had high Ivy league type standards since the 60's, i already know. didnt see jalen pickin an HBCU either
so your white?if not then dukes history isnt yours
tha fab said it came down to an hbcu or michigan
 7 years ago '10        #172
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,258 | Props total: 18830 18830
 r.burgundy said:
so your white?if not then dukes history isnt yours
tha fab said it came down to an hbcu or michigan
nope black....ok and they ddnt choose the HBCU along wit every other top recruit in the country

bruh aint no top recruit in anything goin to no damn HBCU
 7 years ago '07        #173
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,205 | Props total: 5343 5343
 lboog1423 said:
nope black....ok and they ddnt choose the HBCU along wit every other top recruit in the country

bruh aint no top recruit in anything goin to no damn HBCU
and thats sad,not funny.and it def shouldnt be funny to some1 black
 7 years ago '10        #174
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,258 | Props total: 18830 18830
 r.burgundy said:
and thats sad,not funny.and it def shouldnt be funny to some1 black
First of all I currently attend an HBCU. Second, why would top recruits want to come to an HBCU, where he is going to get little to no national exposure and have no chance of ever winning a national title. Recruits want to go to top basketball programs where they can showcase their talent and play against the best in the country.

U can prolly go ask any player in the country that goes to an HBCU and plays a sport and ask them if that was their first choice. I guarantee over 50% will say no.
 7 years ago '07        #175
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,205 | Props total: 5343 5343
 lboog1423 said:
First of all I currently attend an HBCU. Second, why would top recruits want to come to an HBCU, where he is going to get little to no national exposure and have no chance of ever winning a national title. Recruits want to go to top basketball programs where they can showcase their talent and play against the best in the country.

U can prolly go ask any player in the country that goes to an HBCU and plays a sport and ask them if that was their first choice. I guarantee over 50% will say no.
i went to an hbcu.sc st bulldogs.
all college bball is a showcase.scouts go where tha players go.u think nba scouts aint flockin to morgan st if lebron james went there?

i coach alotta d1 talent but its been too many years of brainwashin done to really turn tha tide.it would take 1 of these top guys like a beasly or durant to really turn tha tide.imagine what campus life would be like if 1 of those guys was on campus.only guy i played against out tha meac that made tha league was jerome james.if he can make it,othas can also
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside "I Pay $900 a month in student loans"
131 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
NBA Jalen Rose says Kyrie hopes Cleveland beats Boston
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
46 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Lethal Lips talks sleeping with Boxdens Champ Bow Wow
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
I doubt Kanye hittin kim right
102 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside R Kelly's Streaming Numbers INCREASE After Spotify Pulls Him From Playl..
82 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Her freckles are very disgusting , are you still smashing tho?
92 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Kanye West working on MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY
40 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy