Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
NBA BREAKING: Kevin Love OUT for Game 7
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye Says fu-k The Youth Of Chicago.
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Drake thanks Kanye for writing him 1 of 20 plus songs YE has done for..
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside So we gon act like Clipse manager didnt get 32 years for that Whitney?
142 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #141
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
space
$35,304 | Props total: 19024 19024
 devilinsider said:
Exactly why I used the ivy league comparison. 13% admittance rate is ridiculous.
Exactly, thats 13% of qualified applicants that dont get in. So they damn sho aint gonna let a kid in just bc he has a jump shot. Duke is prolly one of the few private schools to have the success they've had and I think people forget that they r a private school, when they compare them to the other top bball programs which are public.
 7 years ago '10        #142
space
space
 banga said:
I guess a lot of people in here missed that part.
no we didnt, but this is the reason many people hate Duke. I have UNC fans who bring this up in arguements all the time, s**ts dumb as f**k bc its hard as hell to get into Duke no matter what background u come from. People expect Duke (a private school) to bring in the same type players that every other public university brings in. They have standards you have to meet plain and simple.
 7 years ago '04        #143
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,978 | Props total: 5967 5967
 9th ward Bally said:
I started hating Duke when they beat UNLV...I still like UNLV
I was also a Fab Five fan when they played
My brother likes Duke. He started liking them because they beat UNLV
We don't talk:nasmad:

I love the use of the smiley . I somewhat agree with Jalen , even if Duke did get Sean Dockery . But w/e this is an argument that can't be won or settled upon .
 7 years ago '05        #144
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1012 1012
 Rendition said:
A lot of current High School players feel this way right now

this isn't anything new
That's because those players know that they can't get into Duke!!!
 7 years ago '05        #145
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:

Jalen Rose is a real n1gga

n1gga been saying this for a minute

this is why black people subconsciously just hate Duke
He's talking like this but Duke heavily recruited his boy who from what was said back then was a step away from going. His boy being Chris Webber!!!
 7 years ago '05        #146
4evaYoung 
space
space
$598 | Props total: 0 0
 GTJ1982 said:
I guess chris webber is an uncle tom cuz duke recruited him and Michigan has on only 6% black people while duke has 11%. Its not that duke only recruits rich kids its that the inner city kids they do recruit usually has the same perception as Jalen even though the fact they are even recruiting you(webber, john wall, and many others over the years) dispels the notion that duke only recruits rich kids. Throw in the inner city kids they actually got and Jalen just comes off like a bitter loser who is still mad for losing by 20 to a bunch of rich kids in the title game. When are black people gonna to come out of our barrel and be happy for one another and aspire for better things instead of hating on the next man.

/rant
Couldn't said it better myself.and i use to live in Durham which is mostly black and hood by the way.coach k goes after the inner city kids but if u dnt have the grades youre not getting in.kids that go there have an average of 1300 on their sat and I damn sure doubt jalen had 500
 7 years ago '08        #147
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,241 | Props total: 2752 2752
i think jalens still salty that duke,those white boys & uncle toms smacked them clowns by 20 in the chip
 03-09-2011, 04:59 PM         #148
sloppy1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jalen is right...fu<k puke!
 7 years ago '08        #149
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
alot of uncle toms in this thread.....
 7 years ago '10        #150
beast mode 26 heat pts26
space
space
$14,478 | Props total: 2489 2489
jalen is a dumb f**k. setting black people back,yeah lets call any black players that can play along with white players uncle toms. he salty Michigan got that a.ss tapped
 7 years ago '04        #151
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,198 | Props total: 331 331
 T_Buck said:
Because being educated, which is a requirement to get into Duke, is being an Uncle Tom.
This is what I was thinking. Duke has high requirements for all students. So you aren't gonna play ball for them when you score an 850 on the SATs.

This is what's wrong with some of our people. They keep a.ssociating being polished, cordial, considerate, intelligent, and academically inclined to whiteness. Don't you get how that's destructive and self-defeating? SMH at this dumb n*gga.
 7 years ago '10        #152
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 12 12
 black ice 2003 said:
Jalen Rose is a idiot ..plain and simple
at your avy
 7 years ago '07        #153
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$40,210 | Props total: 5350 5350
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
This is what I was thinking. Duke has high requirements for all students. So you aren't gonna play ball for them when you score an 850 on the SATs.

This is what's wrong with some of our people. They keep a.ssociating being polished, cordial, considerate, intelligent, and academically inclined to whiteness. Don't you get how that's destructive and self-defeating? SMH at this dumb n*gga.
well if these n*ggas goin to duke were so smart,how about they realize that they are a commodity and could get resources pumped into hbcu's that could bring them up to a duke level

i really hate to see guys like lance thomas,casey sanders,sean dockery go to those schools an be mediocre and sit tha bench,instead of goin to an hbcu,and actually makin a name for themselves.s**ts disgustin
 7 years ago '04        #154
doczdaname 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,894 | Props total: 6497 6497
he's speaking the truth..
 7 years ago '04        #155
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,198 | Props total: 331 331
 r.burgundy said:
well if these n*ggas goin to duke were so smart,how about they realize that they are a commodity and could get resources pumped into hbcu's that could bring them up to a duke level

i really hate to see guys like lance thomas,casey sanders,sean dockery go to those schools an be mediocre and sit tha bench,instead of goin to an hbcu,and actually makin a name for themselves.s**ts disgustin
Because a Duke education is better. So if they are gonna get a free ride, might as well get a good education with a diploma that means something. Plus, Duke bball players get more women at Duke. The black women will always be there for them, and the hot snow bunnies will slurp for a baller lol
 7 years ago '07        #156
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
Because a Duke education is better. So if they are gonna get a free ride, might as well get a good education with a diploma that means something. Plus, Duke bball players get more women at Duke. The black women will always be there for them, and the hot snow bunnies will slurp for a baller lol
thats tha uncle tom mentality.stop makin white schools great and build your own s**t up
 7 years ago '10        #157
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,015 | Props total: 8032 8032
smh come on jalen you wyllin b
 7 years ago '05        #158
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

You must not realize that type degree Lance Thomas left Duke. If you haven't noticed a degree from Duke s**ts on a degree from Fort Valley State!!!
 7 years ago '10        #159
space
space
 A-N-D-1 said:
You must not realize that type degree Lance Thomas left Duke. If you haven't noticed a degree from Duke s**ts on a degree from Fort Valley State!!!
 7 years ago '07        #160
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 A-N-D-1 said:
did u miss tha part where i said these guys would help build a school to a duke level?had he went to a hbcu,he mighta been in tha league

nba salary>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>duke degree
Home      

most viewed right now
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1296 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
49 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Is this a real pawg?
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The price of being a Hoe in Japan
75 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj Reveals She's Dating Eminem
123 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside He bought a woman drinks. She left him at bar — he broke into her hom..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Donald Glover aka CHILDISH GAMBINO: INDUSTRY PLANT EXPOSED!
121 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Compton THUGS starring Kevin Hart & Mike Epps 🤣🤣㊃..
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy