Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #141
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,152 | Props total: 15681 15681
 devilinsider said:
Exactly why I used the ivy league comparison. 13% admittance rate is ridiculous.
Exactly, thats 13% of qualified applicants that dont get in. So they damn sho aint gonna let a kid in just bc he has a jump shot. Duke is prolly one of the few private schools to have the success they've had and I think people forget that they r a private school, when they compare them to the other top bball programs which are public.
 7 years ago '06        #142
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,364 | Props total: 5612 5612
That’s how I felt as an 18-year-old kid
I guess a lot of people in here missed that part.
 7 years ago '10        #143
space
space
 banga said:
I guess a lot of people in here missed that part.
no we didnt, but this is the reason many people hate Duke. I have UNC fans who bring this up in arguements all the time, s**ts dumb as f**k bc its hard as hell to get into Duke no matter what background u come from. People expect Duke (a private school) to bring in the same type players that every other public university brings in. They have standards you have to meet plain and simple.
 7 years ago '04        #144
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 5335 5335
 9th ward Bally said:
I started hating Duke when they beat UNLV...I still like UNLV
I was also a Fab Five fan when they played
My brother likes Duke. He started liking them because they beat UNLV
We don't talk

I love the use of the smiley . I somewhat agree with Jalen , even if Duke did get Sean Dockery . But w/e this is an argument that can't be won or settled upon .
 7 years ago '05        #145
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
 Rendition said:
A lot of current High School players feel this way right now

this isn't anything new
That's because those players know that they can't get into Duke!!!
 7 years ago '05        #146
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:

Jalen Rose is a real n1gga

n1gga been saying this for a minute

this is why black people subconsciously just hate Duke
He's talking like this but Duke heavily recruited his boy who from what was said back then was a step away from going. His boy being Chris Webber!!!
 7 years ago '05        #147
4evaYoung 
space
space
$598 | Props total: 0 0
 GTJ1982 said:
I guess chris webber is an uncle tom cuz duke recruited him and Michigan has on only 6% black people while duke has 11%. Its not that duke only recruits rich kids its that the inner city kids they do recruit usually has the same perception as Jalen even though the fact they are even recruiting you(webber, john wall, and many others over the years) dispels the notion that duke only recruits rich kids. Throw in the inner city kids they actually got and Jalen just comes off like a bitter loser who is still mad for losing by 20 to a bunch of rich kids in the title game. When are black people gonna to come out of our barrel and be happy for one another and aspire for better things instead of hating on the next man.

/rant
Couldn't said it better myself.and i use to live in Durham which is mostly black and hood by the way.coach k goes after the inner city kids but if u dnt have the grades youre not getting in.kids that go there have an average of 1300 on their sat and I damn sure doubt jalen had 500
 7 years ago '08        #148
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 2276 2276
i think jalens still salty that duke,those white boys & uncle toms smacked them clowns by 20 in the chip
 03-09-2011, 05:59 PM         #149
sloppy1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jalen is right...fu<k puke!
 7 years ago '08        #150
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
alot of uncle toms in this thread.....
 7 years ago '10        #151
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,969 | Props total: 1796 1796
jalen is a dumb f**k. setting black people back,yeah lets call any black players that can play along with white players uncle toms. he salty Michigan got that a.ss tapped
 7 years ago '04        #152
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 T_Buck said:
Because being educated, which is a requirement to get into Duke, is being an Uncle Tom.
This is what I was thinking. Duke has high requirements for all students. So you aren't gonna play ball for them when you score an 850 on the SATs.

This is what's wrong with some of our people. They keep a.ssociating being polished, cordial, considerate, intelligent, and academically inclined to whiteness. Don't you get how that's destructive and self-defeating? SMH at this dumb n*gga.
 7 years ago '10        #153
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 black ice 2003 said:
Jalen Rose is a idiot ..plain and simple
at your avy
 7 years ago '07        #154
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
This is what I was thinking. Duke has high requirements for all students. So you aren't gonna play ball for them when you score an 850 on the SATs.

This is what's wrong with some of our people. They keep a.ssociating being polished, cordial, considerate, intelligent, and academically inclined to whiteness. Don't you get how that's destructive and self-defeating? SMH at this dumb n*gga.
well if these n*ggas goin to duke were so smart,how about they realize that they are a commodity and could get resources pumped into hbcu's that could bring them up to a duke level

i really hate to see guys like lance thomas,casey sanders,sean dockery go to those schools an be mediocre and sit tha bench,instead of goin to an hbcu,and actually makin a name for themselves.s**ts disgustin
 7 years ago '04        #155
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,980 | Props total: 4999 4999
he's speaking the truth..
 7 years ago '04        #156
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 r.burgundy said:
well if these n*ggas goin to duke were so smart,how about they realize that they are a commodity and could get resources pumped into hbcu's that could bring them up to a duke level

i really hate to see guys like lance thomas,casey sanders,sean dockery go to those schools an be mediocre and sit tha bench,instead of goin to an hbcu,and actually makin a name for themselves.s**ts disgustin
Because a Duke education is better. So if they are gonna get a free ride, might as well get a good education with a diploma that means something. Plus, Duke bball players get more women at Duke. The black women will always be there for them, and the hot snow bunnies will slurp for a baller lol
 7 years ago '07        #157
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
Because a Duke education is better. So if they are gonna get a free ride, might as well get a good education with a diploma that means something. Plus, Duke bball players get more women at Duke. The black women will always be there for them, and the hot snow bunnies will slurp for a baller lol
thats tha uncle tom mentality.stop makin white schools great and build your own s**t up
 7 years ago '10        #158
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
smh come on jalen you wyllin b
 7 years ago '05        #159
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

You must not realize that type degree Lance Thomas left Duke. If you haven't noticed a degree from Duke s**ts on a degree from Fort Valley State!!!
 7 years ago '10        #160
space
space
 A-N-D-1 said:
You must not realize that type degree Lance Thomas left Duke. If you haven't noticed a degree from Duke s**ts on a degree from Fort Valley State!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy