Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 xRapHeadx said:
It's not complex at all. You can tell who is an Uncle Tom by their actions. You don't need to read a piece of non fiction to be empowered. You want to seem intelligent, but you are really coming off as a pompous a.ss who adds nothing to the discussion.
im not trying to "seem intelligent" obviously you got that impression
from reading my text....but that's beside the point

one guy asks what an "uncle tom" referred to, and i wanted him to have
more accurate understanding of the phrase instead of the "slang" definition
 7 years ago '06        #82
Jaguar34 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
i'm white and i hate duke for the same reason. i feel like they don't give inner city kids a chance, white or black. I can't stand duke for that reason. There's no reason that you can't recruit inner city kids and teach them the life skills that they need for the future as long as they are willing to learn.

thats not to say there hasn't been exceptions at duke, but overall it seems like they recruit a type of person and not necessarily the right kind of people. I think it's more than grades, they go after a certain class of people. Trust me, Greg Paulus grew up right near me, his family is the most uppity motherf**kers ever, and of course, he gets recruited HEAVILY by duke.
That's just how the school is. They've been recruiting rich prep students for years, and the school's discipline is reflected in their basketball game. You expect them to look for people that go against the school's core identity just because Jalen Rose is bitter?
 7 years ago '09        #83
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,427 | Props total: 12368 12368
Only if Jalen knew there would be rapists recruited by the school back then.

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 03-09-2011 at 10:15 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #84
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
Regardless if those are the words of an 18 year old, he still acknowledges it until this day... So I think he still feels this way IMO

But what Jalen said is the truth, Everybody knows Duke is this way and pretty much always have been inthe past.

Everybody wanna holla that 99 Squad wasn't Uncle Tom's (which is true) but that same 99 squad put a sour taste in Duke's mouth how most of them left early for the draft and which before that class, Duke had damn near 0 players declare early for the Draft.

The only reason that 99 class even came about inthe first place was because of UNC was beating that a.ss during the Stackhouse, Wallace, Vince, Williams, Jamison era and had no choice to play ball. That only lasted a couple of years and especially with this one and done rule, Coach K has pretty much going back to his bread and butter, unless they get a commit from a Can't Miss Prospect
 7 years ago '06        #85
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
Its not about being black for Duke really. They know the Inner City kids are going to jump to the money because in honesty if someone offer me multi-millions in 2 years or wait until 4 years to collect, I'm going to go ahead and cash out in 2 years...

Duke feels like they have a better chance of recruiting the athlete (black or white) who comes from a established family would stay all four years
 7 years ago '05        #86
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
jalen is 100 percent rite . they want a certain type of person or player str8 sterotype. idk why all yall hating on jalen he is one of the realest n*ggas on tv period. but i forgot real is not what most of u n*ggas are into
 7 years ago '10        #87
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,161 | Props total: 15708 15708
 luker1920 said:
i guess u gotta be a stereotype n*gga to get into Duke

I see no problem with Duke looking for established eduacated men, i see no problem with them denying inner city kids with D- as their best grades...

doesnt make those inner city kids less of human beings but its just what the school wants.

Rose is dead wrong for calling those kids UNCLE TOMS, its actually an embarrassment and shows what kind of person Duke apparently passed on. A piece of s**t Jalen Rose.
^^^^This

And lets not forget that Duke is a private school, so just anybody aint gettin in
 7 years ago '09        #88
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,211 | Props total: 3528 3528
 luker1920 said:
another black idiot analyst...these n*ggaz need to just shut their mouths

f**k outta here b**ch. It was his opinion and he has the right to that. Now's he's a "Black idiot analyst". Why not just an "idiot analyst." You just contradicted yourself with your post cause if you think he's an idiot for what he said your stupid a.ss post was no better. Eat a d!ck you f**got.
 7 years ago '09        #90
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
my problem with the comment is he is taking shots at duke (which is deserved) and the kids that go to duke (which is undeserved). little niglits bust their a.ss on the court and in the class and this is how jalen rose acknowledges them?

if he would've said they don't recruit those from a p!ss poor background because it doesn't fit dukes image...he couldve stirred the pot and prolly got a segment on outside the lines or some s**t
 7 years ago '10        #91
space
space
 2nd2none said:
my problem with the comment is he is taking shots at duke (which is deserved) and the kids that go to duke (which is undeserved). little niglits bust their a.ss on the court and in the class and this is how jalen rose acknowledges them?

if he would've said they don't recruit those from a p!ss poor background because it doesn't fit dukes image...he couldve stirred the pot and prolly got a segment on outside the lines or some s**t
Y would u recruit players from p!ss poor backgrounds to come to a private school tho

some of yall r making no sense in this thread
 7 years ago '10        #92
space
space
I bet if Duke was sorry nobody would give a f**k.....Prime example, I aint heard nobody say s**t abt Wake Forest and they r damn near the same way
 7 years ago '06        #93
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
 lboog1423 said:
Y would u recruit players from p!ss poor backgrounds to come to a private school tho

whats wrong with a p!ss poor background student going to Duke. You recruit players to win championships. Obiviously if you are in college you have to keep good grades to stay in school. Just because a kids come from the hood doesnt mean that they all are bad kids. You just admitted that Duke is a uncle tom school. Coach K just want students that are going to stay for 4yrs so he can win mutli-championships.
 7 years ago '10        #94
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
whats wrong with a p!ss poor background student going to Duke. You recruit players to win championships. Obiviously if you are in college you have to keep good grades to stay in school. Just because a kids come from the hood doesnt mean that they all are bad kids. You just admitted that Duke is a uncle tom school. Coach K just want students that are going to stay for 4yrs so he can win mutli-championships.
no im not sayin they recruit uncle Toms, what i am sayin is Duke has higher academic standards for athletes, just like Stanford, Vanderbilt, Wake and some other schools.

Coach K obviously makes great choices in who he recruits because they have winning season every year. As a coach, you recruit the best players you can get that will fit the way you do things and make the team as good as it can be. Period. It doesn't matter where those players come from or what they look like. It matters that you win, and you don't cheat to do it.

Like I said earlier, if Duke was some bum as program that didnt win s**t we wouldnt b havin this discussion....Coack K is arguably the greatest college coach of his time. He took the Duke baskteball program under his wing and has made them the face of college BBall the past 20 yrs for.

To say a black kid is an Uncle Tom just bc he comes from a good background is just ignorant.
 7 years ago '09        #95
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
 lboog1423 said:

you right

poor stay with the poor, rich stay with rich

you voted for bush didn't you?
 7 years ago '10        #96
space
space
 2nd2none said:
you right

poor stay with the poor, rich stay with rich

you voted for bush didn't you?
im not talkin abt strictly financial backgrounds bruh....Jalen Rose said himself that the White ppl on Mich team were there for Free Throws and GPA %...Do u really think he was gettin into to Duke wit that attitude?
 7 years ago '06        #97
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
 lboog1423 said:
no im not sayin they recruit uncle Toms, what i am sayin is Duke has higher academic standards for athletes, just like Stanford, Vanderbilt, Wake and some other schools.

Coach K obviously makes great choices in who he recruits because they have winning season every year. As a coach, you recruit the best players you can get that will fit the way you do things and make the team as good as it can be. Period. It doesn't matter where those players come from or what they look like. It matters that you win, and you don't cheat to do it.

Like I said earlier, if Duke was some bum as program that didnt win s**t we wouldnt b havin this discussion....Coack K is arguably the greatest college coach of his time. He took the Duke baskteball program under his wing and has made them the face of college BBall the past 20 yrs for.

To say a black kid is an Uncle Tom just bc he comes from a good background is just ignorant.
Of course if Duke was bum program nobody would talk about them. Nobody talks about bums. Coach K is a great coach and has a great program but its not like Duke wins alot of NCAA chips. They dominated their divison.
 7 years ago '04        #98
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,236 | Props total: 3054 3054
the thing every one is missing is that hes talking about how he felt as an 18 year old...

doesnt necessarily mean he feels that way anymore.
 7 years ago '07        #99
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 1845 1845
 T_Buck said:
Because being educated, which is a requirement to get into Duke, is being an Uncle Tom.

real talk
 7 years ago '10        #100
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
Of course if Duke was bum program nobody would talk about them. Nobody talks about bums. Coach K is a great coach and has a great program but its not like Duke wins alot of NCAA chips. They dominated their divison.

they have the 5th most titles in college bball. 1 behind UNC and Indiana and 3 behind Kentucky. U cant be that slow

What some of yall dont realize is Duke's entire student body comes predominantly middle to upper class income families.

Even if you go down the line in Duke history u would know that even back in the 60's when teams started integrating (Maryland and Duke had the first black players in the ACC btw), Duke had damn near Ivy league standards so most blacks couldnt get in. It was much easier for them to get into the other public universities in the ACC. The ones that could get in ususally didnt come bc of the few blacks on campus.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy