Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
 132
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 91
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
91 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 70
NBA Police release video of Milwaukee Buck Sterling Brown Arrest
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 69
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,702 | Props total: 0 0
 xRapHeadx said:
It's not complex at all. You can tell who is an Uncle Tom by their actions. You don't need to read a piece of non fiction to be empowered. You want to seem intelligent, but you are really coming off as a pompous a.ss who adds nothing to the discussion.
im not trying to "seem intelligent" obviously you got that impression
from reading my text....but that's beside the point

one guy asks what an "uncle tom" referred to, and i wanted him to have
more accurate understanding of the phrase instead of the "slang" definition
 7 years ago '06        #82
Jaguar34 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,909 | Props total: 6 6
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
i'm white and i hate duke for the same reason. i feel like they don't give inner city kids a chance, white or black. I can't stand duke for that reason. There's no reason that you can't recruit inner city kids and teach them the life skills that they need for the future as long as they are willing to learn.

thats not to say there hasn't been exceptions at duke, but overall it seems like they recruit a type of person and not necessarily the right kind of people. I think it's more than grades, they go after a certain class of people. Trust me, Greg Paulus grew up right near me, his family is the most uppity motherf**kers ever, and of course, he gets recruited HEAVILY by duke.
That's just how the school is. They've been recruiting rich prep students for years, and the school's discipline is reflected in their basketball game. You expect them to look for people that go against the school's core identity just because Jalen Rose is bitter?
 7 years ago '09        #83
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$67,297 | Props total: 13535 13535
Only if Jalen knew there would be rapists recruited by the school back then.


Last edited by That Guy Fly; 03-09-2011 at 09:15 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #84
Against D Grain 
space
avatar space
space
$6,376 | Props total: 518 518
Regardless if those are the words of an 18 year old, he still acknowledges it until this day... So I think he still feels this way IMO

But what Jalen said is the truth, Everybody knows Duke is this way and pretty much always have been inthe past.

Everybody wanna holla that 99 Squad wasn't Uncle Tom's (which is true) but that same 99 squad put a sour taste in Duke's mouth how most of them left early for the draft and which before that class, Duke had damn near 0 players declare early for the Draft.

The only reason that 99 class even came about inthe first place was because of UNC was beating that a.ss during the Stackhouse, Wallace, Vince, Williams, Jamison era and had no choice to play ball. That only lasted a couple of years and especially with this one and done rule, Coach K has pretty much going back to his bread and butter, unless they get a commit from a Can't Miss Prospect
 7 years ago '06        #85
Against D Grain 
space
avatar space
space
$6,376 | Props total: 518 518
Its not about being black for Duke really. They know the Inner City kids are going to jump to the money because in honesty if someone offer me multi-millions in 2 years or wait until 4 years to collect, I'm going to go ahead and cash out in 2 years...

Duke feels like they have a better chance of recruiting the athlete (black or white) who comes from a established family would stay all four years
 7 years ago '05        #86
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
avatar space
space
$17,638 | Props total: 354 354
jalen is 100 percent rite . they want a certain type of person or player str8 sterotype. idk why all yall hating on jalen he is one of the realest n*ggas on tv period. but i forgot real is not what most of u n*ggas are into
 7 years ago '10        #87
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,268 | Props total: 18864 18864
 luker1920 said:
i guess u gotta be a stereotype n*gga to get into Duke

I see no problem with Duke looking for established eduacated men, i see no problem with them denying inner city kids with D- as their best grades...

doesnt make those inner city kids less of human beings but its just what the school wants.

Rose is dead wrong for calling those kids UNCLE TOMS, its actually an embarrassment and shows what kind of person Duke apparently passed on. A piece of s**t Jalen Rose.
^^^^This


And lets not forget that Duke is a private school, so just anybody aint gettin in
 7 years ago '09        #88
Knowledgeable 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$12,452 | Props total: 6297 6297
 luker1920 said:
another black idiot analyst...these n*ggaz need to just shut their mouths


f**k outta here b**ch. It was his opinion and he has the right to that. Now's he's a "Black idiot analyst". Why not just an "idiot analyst." You just contradicted yourself with your post cause if you think he's an idiot for what he said your stupid a.ss post was no better. Eat a d!ck you f**got.
 7 years ago '09        #90
2nd2none 
space
avatar space
space
$4,251 | Props total: 1798 1798
my problem with the comment is he is taking shots at duke (which is deserved) and the kids that go to duke (which is undeserved). little niglits bust their a.ss on the court and in the class and this is how jalen rose acknowledges them?

if he would've said they don't recruit those from a p!ss poor background because it doesn't fit dukes image...he couldve stirred the pot and prolly got a segment on outside the lines or some s**t
 7 years ago '10        #91
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,268 | Props total: 18864 18864
 2nd2none said:
my problem with the comment is he is taking shots at duke (which is deserved) and the kids that go to duke (which is undeserved). little niglits bust their a.ss on the court and in the class and this is how jalen rose acknowledges them?

if he would've said they don't recruit those from a p!ss poor background because it doesn't fit dukes image...he couldve stirred the pot and prolly got a segment on outside the lines or some s**t
Y would u recruit players from p!ss poor backgrounds to come to a private school tho


some of yall r making no sense in this thread
 7 years ago '10        #92
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,268 | Props total: 18864 18864
I bet if Duke was sorry nobody would give a f**k.....Prime example, I aint heard nobody say s**t abt Wake Forest and they r damn near the same way
 7 years ago '06        #93
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,117 | Props total: 11341 11341
 lboog1423 said:
Y would u recruit players from p!ss poor backgrounds to come to a private school tho


some of yall r making no sense in this thread
whats wrong with a p!ss poor background student going to Duke. You recruit players to win championships. Obiviously if you are in college you have to keep good grades to stay in school. Just because a kids come from the hood doesnt mean that they all are bad kids. You just admitted that Duke is a uncle tom school. Coach K just want students that are going to stay for 4yrs so he can win mutli-championships.
 7 years ago '10        #94
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,268 | Props total: 18864 18864
 marcusaka50 said:
whats wrong with a p!ss poor background student going to Duke. You recruit players to win championships. Obiviously if you are in college you have to keep good grades to stay in school. Just because a kids come from the hood doesnt mean that they all are bad kids. You just admitted that Duke is a uncle tom school. Coach K just want students that are going to stay for 4yrs so he can win mutli-championships.
no im not sayin they recruit uncle Toms, what i am sayin is Duke has higher academic standards for athletes, just like Stanford, Vanderbilt, Wake and some other schools.

Coach K obviously makes great choices in who he recruits because they have winning season every year. As a coach, you recruit the best players you can get that will fit the way you do things and make the team as good as it can be. Period. It doesn't matter where those players come from or what they look like. It matters that you win, and you don't cheat to do it.

Like I said earlier, if Duke was some bum as program that didnt win s**t we wouldnt b havin this discussion....Coack K is arguably the greatest college coach of his time. He took the Duke baskteball program under his wing and has made them the face of college BBall the past 20 yrs for.


To say a black kid is an Uncle Tom just bc he comes from a good background is just ignorant.
 7 years ago '09        #95
2nd2none 
space
avatar space
space
$4,251 | Props total: 1798 1798
 lboog1423 said:
Y would u recruit players from p!ss poor backgrounds to come to a private school tho


some of yall r making no sense in this thread
you right


poor stay with the poor, rich stay with rich

you voted for bush didn't you?
 7 years ago '10        #96
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,268 | Props total: 18864 18864
 2nd2none said:
you right


poor stay with the poor, rich stay with rich

you voted for bush didn't you?
im not talkin abt strictly financial backgrounds bruh....Jalen Rose said himself that the White ppl on Mich team were there for Free Throws and GPA %...Do u really think he was gettin into to Duke wit that attitude?
 7 years ago '06        #97
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,117 | Props total: 11341 11341
 lboog1423 said:
no im not sayin they recruit uncle Toms, what i am sayin is Duke has higher academic standards for athletes, just like Stanford, Vanderbilt, Wake and some other schools.

Coach K obviously makes great choices in who he recruits because they have winning season every year. As a coach, you recruit the best players you can get that will fit the way you do things and make the team as good as it can be. Period. It doesn't matter where those players come from or what they look like. It matters that you win, and you don't cheat to do it.

Like I said earlier, if Duke was some bum as program that didnt win s**t we wouldnt b havin this discussion....Coack K is arguably the greatest college coach of his time. He took the Duke baskteball program under his wing and has made them the face of college BBall the past 20 yrs for.


To say a black kid is an Uncle Tom just bc he comes from a good background is just ignorant.
Of course if Duke was bum program nobody would talk about them. Nobody talks about bums. Coach K is a great coach and has a great program but its not like Duke wins alot of NCAA chips. They dominated their divison.
 7 years ago '04        #98
BrBHZ 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,542 | Props total: 3533 3533
the thing every one is missing is that hes talking about how he felt as an 18 year old...

doesnt necessarily mean he feels that way anymore.
 7 years ago '07        #99
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,238 | Props total: 2425 2425
 T_Buck said:
Because being educated, which is a requirement to get into Duke, is being an Uncle Tom.

real talk
 7 years ago '10        #100
lboog1423 298 heat pts298
space
avatar space
space
$35,268 | Props total: 18864 18864
 marcusaka50 said:
Of course if Duke was bum program nobody would talk about them. Nobody talks about bums. Coach K is a great coach and has a great program but its not like Duke wins alot of NCAA chips. They dominated their divison.

they have the 5th most titles in college bball. 1 behind UNC and Indiana and 3 behind Kentucky. U cant be that slow

What some of yall dont realize is Duke's entire student body comes predominantly middle to upper class income families.

Even if you go down the line in Duke history u would know that even back in the 60's when teams started integrating (Maryland and Duke had the first black players in the ACC btw), Duke had damn near Ivy league standards so most blacks couldnt get in. It was much easier for them to get into the other public universities in the ACC. The ones that could get in ususally didnt come bc of the few blacks on campus.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside She Earned Her Stripes...
18 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
80 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Top 10 Comic Book Superheroes NOT from Marvel or DC
16 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside Johnny Depp Hunts Notorious B.I.G.'s Killer in First 'City of Lies' Tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
May 22 - Deadly Chinese Fentanyl Is Creating a New Era of Drug Kingpins
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
88 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
36 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy