Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #61
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 Marvin Hagler said:
props to Jalen for keepin it real and dig its NOT equatin being well off, articulate, intelligent or goal oriented to being a Tom

naw this about vanilla n*ggas whos safe in white folks eyes. certain cultural aspects, dialect, musical tastes or black identity is tossed to da side in favor of da friendly a.ssimilated negro

da kinda n*gga a condescendin cracka marvels at and says to, "Gosh Jamaal, you're so....different" & them n*ggas jus shuck, jive & smile from ear to a**hole at da backhanded compliment. seen a documentary on this dude & David Robinson a perfect example of da kinda n*gga Duke was sorry went to da Navy instead

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #62
slimboyballer 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$2,266 | Props total: 393 393
 r.burgundy said:
props to rose for havin tha guts to say it.hr spraks tha truth.only dude from tha hood duke eva took was elton brand

"Jaylen said Duke want players from stable homes"

The players out of VA that signed to duke, all of them are from the suburbs with stable homes.

I think Jaylen has a good pt!I agree
 7 years ago '09        #63
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,427 | Props total: 12368 12368
 trill jackson said:
if a bad black person is a ****** what's a bad person from another race called? cause we all got good and bad folk
they are n*ggas too.
 7 years ago '06        #64
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,544 | Props total: 731 731
 Gag Orda said:
A black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people
u ever watch boondocks? uncle ruckus is a uncle tom a.ss n*gga
 7 years ago '07        #65
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 reppinI85 said:
magette, dockery, william avery, quinn cook, dahntay jones.. those are just guesses off the top of my head
lol @ just namin black dudes.i dont kno about cook,but tha rest of them come from good backgrounds.avery lives right across tha street from my ex down in augusta
 03-08-2011, 09:33 PM         #66
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
white trash? cholos?
 7 years ago '10        #67
trill jackson 740 heat pts740
space
space
$18,901 | Props total: 13512 13512
 Fly 2ndComing said:
they are n*ggas too.
then why does the world act like my bad people are worse than yours?
 7 years ago '07        #68
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 trill jackson said:
duke wants high iqs. you have to be a real student to go there. it's not some just play basketball and we'll doctor your gpa institution. let the brothers that go there live. we show more love to the relative who came home from jail than the one who came home from college. we gotta reverse that
slap yoself fool.
every last 1 of them dudes major in sociology so they can keep that gpa up and stay eligible.coach k be havin yall fooled
 7 years ago '07        #69
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
i'm white and i hate duke for the same reason. i feel like they don't give inner city kids a chance, white or black. I can't stand duke for that reason. There's no reason that you can't recruit inner city kids and teach them the life skills that they need for the future as long as they are willing to learn.

thats not to say there hasn't been exceptions at duke, but overall it seems like they recruit a type of person and not necessarily the right kind of people. I think it's more than grades, they go after a certain class of people. Trust me, Greg Paulus grew up right near me, his family is the most uppity motherf**kers ever, and of course, he gets recruited HEAVILY by duke.
its tha reason y i hate them and will always root against them
 7 years ago '07        #70
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 T_Buck said:
Michigan's a public school, Duke's a private school.
whats your point?

Jalen was out of line for saying what everyone thought should of just kept it to himself because of the fact he's a public figure of some sort now...if you count his babblin on espn
 7 years ago '09        #71
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
 circleinsidebox said:
wouldn't you like to know more about a subject
than it's slang use?

i posted that for the guy who didn't have a clue, rather than
get a "street definition" he could empower himself with literature

and develop and educated opinion instead of these simplistic
phrases developed by uneducated youth/teens with only
a microcosmic view of an otherwise complex metaphor
It's not complex at all. You can tell who is an Uncle Tom by their actions. You don't need to read a piece of non fiction to be empowered. You want to seem intelligent, but you are really coming off as a pompous a.ss who adds nothing to the discussion.
 7 years ago '04        #72
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
another case of boxden users only reading the headline and not the article
 7 years ago '06        #73
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,721 | Props total: 1786 1786
He said it was his words as an 18 year old.
 03-08-2011, 10:30 PM         #74
cleophisduval09  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is why other races laugh at us and continue to not take us seriously, cause dumb a.ss n*ggas get on TV and continue the same divisive behavior we have been subjected to from the beginning. Keep that s**t in-house, The entire NCAA banks off the sweat of athletes black, white, latino...etc. and the players don't get s**t. If you want to get on TV and be controversial talk about the system, not the players subjected to it. Michigan exploited you and you still salty cause Duke passed on you...
 7 years ago '10        #75
reppinI85 
space
space
$709 | Props total: 364 364
 cleophisduval09 said:
This is why other races laugh at us and continue to not take us seriously, cause dumb a.ss n*ggas get on TV and continue the same divisive behavior we have been subjected to from the beginning. Keep that s**t in-house, The entire NCAA banks off the sweat of athletes black, white, latino...etc. and the players don't get s**t. If you want to get on TV and be controversial talk about the system, not the players subjected to it. Michigan exploited you and you still salty cause Duke passed on you...
:agreement6:
 7 years ago '04        #76
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
thats how he felt as an 18 year old fellas...ur actin like he said that today as a grown man

this movie is gonna be sick

and f**k the dukies by the way
 7 years ago '04        #77
JaeHood313 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,426 | Props total: 132 132
Rose kept that s**t real on duke during that time......he was right on everything he said
 7 years ago '07        #78
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 cleophisduval09 said:
uhh by that logic u shouldnt support star black athletes goin to any white school.all tha free speech our ancestors died for,why tha f**k should he keep his feelins in house?so tha white man doesnt laugh?man fugg that.i wish they woulda went to an hbcu like they originally planned
 7 years ago '09        #79
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
Funny a black dude that went to Michigan calling a dude that went to Duke an uncle tom.

Let em know Chris..

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #80
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
Honestly, that's why people hated Duke and still do. Usually it's young'ns who hate them. I appreciate what they do for the sport now, but everyone hated Duke. Jalen is one of the few man enough to say this is why.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy