Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
 159
Image(s) inside Twitter exposed SZA as FAKE Again ( CAREER FINALLY OVER?)
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 119
Most dangerous gym fails :obamalmao:
41 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
 118
🔥🔥🔥The Notorious B.I.G. - You're Nobody Till Somebody ..
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 103
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,983 | Props total: 743 743
jalen rose said nothing wrong. he talked about how he felt AS AN 18 YEAR old, and to be honest a lotta people STILL feel this way about DUKE players even to this day. he may not feel that way now, but obviously it was in line with that the interview was about so no problem here. why dudes always lookin to get mad when people say real s**t lol?
 03-08-2011, 07:09 PM         #22
luker1920  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
jalen rose said nothing wrong. he talked about how he felt AS AN 18 YEAR old, and to be honest a lotta people STILL feel this way about DUKE players even to this day. he may not feel that way now, but obviously it was in line with that the interview was about so no problem here. why dudes always lookin to get mad when people say real s**t lol?
maybe becuase hes s**tting on a group of people, calling those guys uncle tom's is pretty f**ked up if you ask me.....thats a real d!ck thing to say , but you see what they passed up on a n*gga who would embarrass the school, luckily hes just embarrasing michigan
 7 years ago '05        #23
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,702 | Props total: 0 0
 T_Buck said:
Michigan's a public school, Duke's a private school.
one thing that remains true is that in a private institution there is always
a price that everyone likes


in public you can't buy your way to the goods

duke being private doesn't make it a better academically
than Michigan which is private
 7 years ago '07        #24
timdog 991 heat pts991
space
avatar space
space
$33,138 | Props total: 19951 19951
 CaliIsActive said:
Kobe was a little white washed kid coming up

That r*pe case brought out his inner goon
 7 years ago '04        #25
Kadroan 119 heat pts119
space
avatar space
space
$35,121 | Props total: 8133 8133
 CaliIsActive said:



Jalen Rose is a real n1gga

n1gga been saying this for a minute

this is why black people subconsciously just hate Duke
lol damn rose
 7 years ago '07        #26
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 20 20
it's probably true
 7 years ago '06        #27
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$2,935 | Props total: 165 165
 T_Buck said:
Michigan's a public school, Duke's a private school.
And your point is? Im not saying Michigan is as selective as Duke. but its still fine school. US News and World Reports has Duke #9 and Michigan #29 on their list of Americas top universities. Not too shabby.



Last edited by luckluck; 03-08-2011 at 07:18 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #28
reppinI85 
space
avatar space
space
$854 | Props total: 614 614
The players duke recruits and who decides to commit are 2 different things. Coach K has went after many inner city kids. Alot of kids don't want to go to duke because of that exact stereotype. These things don't just work one way.

Alot of inner city guys dont want to play with the disicpline duke players have to. they'd rather play for coach cal. i could go on and on...
 03-08-2011, 07:22 PM         #29
OOps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go blue. f**k Duke, I rather play for Ucla :dancingcool:
 03-08-2011, 07:23 PM         #30
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props to Jalen for keepin it real and dig its NOT equatin being well off, articulate, intelligent or goal oriented to being a Tom

naw this about vanilla n*ggas whos safe in white folks eyes. certain cultural aspects, dialect, musical tastes or black identity is tossed to da side in favor of da friendly a.ssimilated negro

da kinda n*gga a condescendin cracka marvels at and says to, "Gosh Jamaal, you're so....different" & them n*ggas jus shuck, jive & smile from ear to a**hole at da backhanded compliment. seen a documentary on this dude & David Robinson a perfect example of da kinda n*gga Duke was sorry went to da Navy instead
 7 years ago '06        #31
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,095 | Props total: 11329 11329
f**k duke b**ches uncle tom's

yea michigan is hard to get into but if you cold a.ss f**k in sports and got decent grades you in.
 7 years ago '07        #32
timdog 991 heat pts991
space
avatar space
space
$33,138 | Props total: 19951 19951
elton brand went to duke and he from the inner city

its just hard for caoch k to recruit that cats from the hood from the stereotype of duke but right down the street at unc dean smith recruited some of everybody
 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM         #33
luker1920  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 [B said:
Marvin Hagler;18642546]props to Jalen for keepin it real and dig its NOT equatin being well off, articulate, intelligent or goal oriented to being a Tom

naw this about vanilla n*ggas whos safe in white folks eyes. certain cultural aspects, dialect, musical tastes or black identity is tossed to da side in favor of da friendly a.ssimilated negro

da kinda n*gga a condescendin cracka marvels at and says to, "Gosh Jamaal, you're so....different" & them n*ggas jus shuck, jive & smile from ear to a**hole at da backhanded compliment. seen a documentary on this dude & David Robinson a perfect example of da kinda n*gga Duke was sorry went to da Navy instead
[/B]
 7 years ago '05        #34
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,702 | Props total: 0 0
the funny thing is everyone uses this uncle tom phrase


but id bet 90% of the users have never read the book
its derived from
 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM         #35
GTJ1982  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess chris webber is an uncle tom cuz duke recruited him and Michigan has on only 6% black people while duke has 11%. Its not that duke only recruits rich kids its that the inner city kids they do recruit usually has the same perception as Jalen even though the fact they are even recruiting you(webber, john wall, and many others over the years) dispels the notion that duke only recruits rich kids. Throw in the inner city kids they actually got and Jalen just comes off like a bitter loser who is still mad for losing by 20 to a bunch of rich kids in the title game. When are black people gonna to come out of our barrel and be happy for one another and aspire for better things instead of hating on the next man.

/rant
 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM         #36
Old Man Quillis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am from the state of North Carolina. And I approve this message.
 03-08-2011, 07:31 PM         #37
luker1920  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GTJ1982 said:
I guess chris webber is an uncle tom cuz duke recruited him and Michigan has on only 6% black people while duke has 11%. Its not that duke only recruits rich kids its that the inner city kids they do recruit usually has the same perception as Jalen even though the fact they are even recruiting you(webber, john wall, and many others over the years) dispels the notion that duke only recruits rich kids. Throw in the inner city kids they actually got and Jalen just comes off like a bitter loser who is still mad for losing by 20 to a bunch of rich kids in the title game. When are black people gonna to come out of our barrel and be happy for one another and aspire for better things instead of hating on the next man.

/rant
never. Look at rap, they cant do it their either.
 7 years ago '09        #38
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$12,408 | Props total: 1588 1588
 circleinsidebox said:
the funny thing is everyone uses this uncle tom phrase


but id bet 90% of the users have never read the book
its derived from
I don't see how reading the book is relevant if you understand the slang definition of "Uncle Tom"
 7 years ago '08        #39
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$35,872 | Props total: 15112 15112
 T_Buck said:
Because being educated, which is a requirement to get into Duke, is being an Uncle Tom.
 luckluck said:
n*gga you acting like its easy to get into Michigan. Michigan is one of this country's finest academic institutions just like Duke is. And this is coming from an Ohio State fan.
 T_Buck said:
Michigan's a public school, Duke's a private school.
I let it go the first time I read your post...but n*gga I lived in Ann Arbor went to another school but my cuz played football at Michigan and my ex-b**ch is CPA who got her Under Grad and Masters at Michigan. Michigan is 1 of the hardest colleges to get into in the Country....business school is like top 3....

Jalen's intial point is truth "Dook recruits "certain type" players from "certain type" families = Uncle Tom's to be exact...Michigan recruits wherever as long as you can get into the School. I'm not talking s**t just cuz I live in Charlotte now and hate Dook...it just is what it is.
 7 years ago '10        #40
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 Gag Orda said:
A black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people
thank you for clarifying. i know Google is just around the corner, but still. lol

props.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 62
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
109 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 45
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
37 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 40
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
83 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
42 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
60 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
154 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy