Jalen Rose calls black Duke players Uncle Toms

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,911 | Props total: 620 620
jalen rose said nothing wrong. he talked about how he felt AS AN 18 YEAR old, and to be honest a lotta people STILL feel this way about DUKE players even to this day. he may not feel that way now, but obviously it was in line with that the interview was about so no problem here. why dudes always lookin to get mad when people say real s**t lol?
 03-08-2011, 08:09 PM         #22
luker1920  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
jalen rose said nothing wrong. he talked about how he felt AS AN 18 YEAR old, and to be honest a lotta people STILL feel this way about DUKE players even to this day. he may not feel that way now, but obviously it was in line with that the interview was about so no problem here. why dudes always lookin to get mad when people say real s**t lol?
maybe becuase hes s**tting on a group of people, calling those guys uncle tom's is pretty f**ked up if you ask me.....thats a real d!ck thing to say , but you see what they passed up on a n*gga who would embarrass the school, luckily hes just embarrasing michigan
 7 years ago '05        #23
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 T_Buck said:
Michigan's a public school, Duke's a private school.
one thing that remains true is that in a private institution there is always
a price that everyone likes

in public you can't buy your way to the goods

duke being private doesn't make it a better academically
than Michigan which is private
 7 years ago '07        #24
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,438 | Props total: 14819 14819
 CaliIsActive said:
Kobe was a little white washed kid coming up

That r*pe case brought out his inner goon
 7 years ago '04        #25
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,413 | Props total: 6377 6377
 CaliIsActive said:

Jalen Rose is a real n1gga

n1gga been saying this for a minute

this is why black people subconsciously just hate Duke
lol damn rose
 7 years ago '07        #26
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
it's probably true
 7 years ago '06        #27
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
 T_Buck said:
And your point is? Im not saying Michigan is as selective as Duke. but its still fine school. US News and World Reports has Duke #9 and Michigan #29 on their list of Americas top universities. Not too shabby.

Last edited by luckluck; 03-08-2011 at 08:18 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #28
reppinI85 
space
space
$708 | Props total: 363 363
The players duke recruits and who decides to commit are 2 different things. Coach K has went after many inner city kids. Alot of kids don't want to go to duke because of that exact stereotype. These things don't just work one way.

Alot of inner city guys dont want to play with the disicpline duke players have to. they'd rather play for coach cal. i could go on and on...
 03-08-2011, 08:22 PM         #29
OOps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go blue. f**k Duke, I rather play for Ucla :dancingcool:
 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM         #30
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props to Jalen for keepin it real and dig its NOT equatin being well off, articulate, intelligent or goal oriented to being a Tom

naw this about vanilla n*ggas whos safe in white folks eyes. certain cultural aspects, dialect, musical tastes or black identity is tossed to da side in favor of da friendly a.ssimilated negro

da kinda n*gga a condescendin cracka marvels at and says to, "Gosh Jamaal, you're so....different" & them n*ggas jus shuck, jive & smile from ear to a**hole at da backhanded compliment. seen a documentary on this dude & David Robinson a perfect example of da kinda n*gga Duke was sorry went to da Navy instead
 7 years ago '06        #31
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,619 | Props total: 8550 8550
f**k duke b**ches uncle tom's

yea michigan is hard to get into but if you cold a.ss f**k in sports and got decent grades you in.
 7 years ago '07        #32
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,438 | Props total: 14819 14819
elton brand went to duke and he from the inner city

its just hard for caoch k to recruit that cats from the hood from the stereotype of duke but right down the street at unc dean smith recruited some of everybody
 03-08-2011, 08:27 PM         #33
luker1920  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 [B said:
Marvin Hagler;18642546]props to Jalen for keepin it real and dig its NOT equatin being well off, articulate, intelligent or goal oriented to being a Tom

naw this about vanilla n*ggas whos safe in white folks eyes. certain cultural aspects, dialect, musical tastes or black identity is tossed to da side in favor of da friendly a.ssimilated negro

da kinda n*gga a condescendin cracka marvels at and says to, "Gosh Jamaal, you're so....different" & them n*ggas jus shuck, jive & smile from ear to a**hole at da backhanded compliment. seen a documentary on this dude & David Robinson a perfect example of da kinda n*gga Duke was sorry went to da Navy instead
[/B]
 7 years ago '05        #34
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
the funny thing is everyone uses this uncle tom phrase

but id bet 90% of the users have never read the book
its derived from
 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM         #35
GTJ1982  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess chris webber is an uncle tom cuz duke recruited him and Michigan has on only 6% black people while duke has 11%. Its not that duke only recruits rich kids its that the inner city kids they do recruit usually has the same perception as Jalen even though the fact they are even recruiting you(webber, john wall, and many others over the years) dispels the notion that duke only recruits rich kids. Throw in the inner city kids they actually got and Jalen just comes off like a bitter loser who is still mad for losing by 20 to a bunch of rich kids in the title game. When are black people gonna to come out of our barrel and be happy for one another and aspire for better things instead of hating on the next man.

/rant
 03-08-2011, 08:28 PM         #36
Old Man Quillis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am from the state of North Carolina. And I approve this message.
 03-08-2011, 08:31 PM         #37
luker1920  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GTJ1982 said:
I guess chris webber is an uncle tom cuz duke recruited him and Michigan has on only 6% black people while duke has 11%. Its not that duke only recruits rich kids its that the inner city kids they do recruit usually has the same perception as Jalen even though the fact they are even recruiting you(webber, john wall, and many others over the years) dispels the notion that duke only recruits rich kids. Throw in the inner city kids they actually got and Jalen just comes off like a bitter loser who is still mad for losing by 20 to a bunch of rich kids in the title game. When are black people gonna to come out of our barrel and be happy for one another and aspire for better things instead of hating on the next man.

/rant
never. Look at rap, they cant do it their either.
 7 years ago '09        #38
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,265 | Props total: 1370 1370
 circleinsidebox said:
the funny thing is everyone uses this uncle tom phrase

but id bet 90% of the users have never read the book
its derived from
I don't see how reading the book is relevant if you understand the slang definition of "Uncle Tom"
 7 years ago '08        #39
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,727 | Props total: 12146 12146
 T_Buck said:
Because being educated, which is a requirement to get into Duke, is being an Uncle Tom.
 luckluck said:
n*gga you acting like its easy to get into Michigan. Michigan is one of this country's finest academic institutions just like Duke is. And this is coming from an Ohio State fan.
 T_Buck said:
I let it go the first time I read your post...but n*gga I lived in Ann Arbor went to another school but my cuz played football at Michigan and my ex-b**ch is CPA who got her Under Grad and Masters at Michigan. Michigan is 1 of the hardest colleges to get into in the Country....business school is like top 3....

Jalen's intial point is truth "Dook recruits "certain type" players from "certain type" families = Uncle Tom's to be exact...Michigan recruits wherever as long as you can get into the School. I'm not talking s**t just cuz I live in Charlotte now and hate Dook...it just is what it is.
 7 years ago '10        #40
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 Gag Orda said:
A black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people
thank you for clarifying. i know Google is just around the corner, but still. lol

props.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
33 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy