Mar 8 - Dad: I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
62 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

10 years ago '10        #1
7246 page views
104 comments

Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 59305 59 K  Slaps total: 13624 13 K
Mar 8 - Dad: I'll k*ll my son's murderer if he's released

msnbc.com

updated 1 hour 0 minutes ago

The father of a five-year-old boy slain in 1975 has vowed to murder the man who did it
"as aggressively and painfully as he k*lled my son" if he is released from prison early.

John Foreman told WPRO-AM radio that he blamed himself for accepting a plea deal that
saw Michael Woodmansee convicted of the second-degree murder of his son Jason in
South Kingstown, Rhode Island.

Woodmansee was sentenced to 40 years in prison in 1982, but the plea bargain deal allowed him to be released early for good behavior. This could happen as soon as August, the Providence Journal reported.

In the interview, Foreman claimed a journal kept by Woodmansee, which has not been released by police, details how the k*ller had eaten the young boy's flesh.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find him after the fact, I do intend to k*ll this man," Foreman added.

"I cannot think, I cannot sleep. All I think about is trying to find a way to get this man to
kill him," he told WPRO-AM.

Foreman said he wanted to k*ll Woodmansee "as aggressively and painfully as he k*lled my
son."

He said he remembered only one detail contained in the journal, that Woodmansee
"ate the flesh of my son."

In the interview, Foreman said his decision to accept a plea deal had been "spineless."

"I've got myself to blame for that ... allowing him to be released early to become a predator
to someone else. I'm to blame for all that and I'll make that right," he said.

Foreman said his son was a "well-behaved boy, very smart, very intelligent for his age."

He added that he had been full of "hopes and dreams" for his son. "I know he was going to
be somebody. I had real hopes for this young boy," Foreman said.

Amy Kempe, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Peter Kilmartin, said in a statement Monday that he was concerned and outraged about Woodmansee's scheduled release, The
Associated Press reported.

Kempe said Kilmartin had asked Rhode Island's Department of Corrections to look into ways to keep Woodmansee in prison.

Kempe added that the attorney general's office would work with the Department of
Corrections to examine the legal options.

Patricia Coyne-Fague, chief legal counsel for the Department of Corrections, said that the only way an inmate could lose his entitlement to early release for good behavior was if he did
something wrong.

Coyne-Fague said the early release was based on a law first introduced in 1872. It was last
changed significantly in 1960.

The Father

The murderer

Dad: I'll k*ll my son's murderer if he's released - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

How is this guy still breathing? I would expect one of those prisoners to have turned him into a mesh t-shirt by now.
+2   

best
worst
104 comments

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  32
Crazy ways you find out you was being cheated ?
392 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+270online now  27
Video inside Why Double homicide is trending online
245 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+127online now  25
Article inside $500 to $5000 with Crypto. Follow Along
278 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+45online now  10
Video inside Apr 13 - This guy figured out why Dante Wright was k*lled.. Tragic!!
104 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy