Rockstar going back to San Andreas for GTA V?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
11881 pageviews
129 comments

McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,907 | Props total: 838 838
Rockstar going back to San Andreas for GTA V?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Next GTA code-named Rush, set in LA? - News at GameSpot

Working off actor resumes, Superannuation spots casting calls for eclectic cast of characters on “interactive project” from Rockstar.

Source: The Twitter feed of expert Internet sleuth Superannuation.

What we heard: Up until recently, the Grand Theft Auto franchise was publisher Take-Two Interactive's main money-maker. Since then, Take-Two has begun to expand its top-flight portfolio with the likes of Red Dead Redemption and BioShock 2. However, the franchise that continues to command the most attention remains GTA.

Nearly three years removed from the top-rated release of GTAIV, and it’s possible that the first tidbits of GTAV info have been puzzled out by Superannuation. The posts began in late February, when the Internet sleuth discovered an actor’s resume with a since-deleted reference to motion-capture work on Grand Theft Auto 5. This motion-capture find, he said, led him to further investigation into motion-capture casting calls for Rockstar’s go-to casting studio Telsey & Company.

GTA may be returning to Los Santos.
“Among the projects listed in the casting call was an ‘interactive project’ called ‘Rush,’ which featured characters that fit with the few details I heard about GTA5; outlandish characters, weed, gangsters, & celebrities fit the profile for a contemporary LA-set GTA game,” Superannuation tweeted.

The casting call in question, which commenced on December 6, sought actors to do motion capture and voice work for eight “additional principal characters” on the interactive project. The personalities have a decidedly Rockstar feel, with stock characters such as the “annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent” mixed with absurd personalities such as the “Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher – 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage.”

Other characters referenced in the listing include a “weed evangelist,” a “swinger, mellow Californian divorcee” who is "ugly but comfortable with self"; and a “publicist for an actress known as America’s newest sweetheart…who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and s3x."

Superannuation also secured a direct link between “Rush” and Rockstar Games, again courtesy of a self-promotional actor. On September 9, professional wrestler and aspiring actor Robert Esparza tweeted, “Got body scanned for my role in the video game ‘Rush’, coming out on Rockstar Games.”

Should Rockstar chose to set GTAV on the West Coast, it wouldn’t be a first for the franchise. The highly regarded GTA: San Andreas featured Los Angeles and San Francisco-inspired cities, complete with their surrounding boroughs. Of course, it wouldn’t be the first time that Rockstar has returned to a locale, as GTAIV and GTAIII both took place on the mean streets of Liberty City, which bears more than a passing resemblance to New York.

The official word: Rockstar had not responded to a request for comment as of press time.

Bogus or Not Bogus?: A very tentative not bogus. What seems clear, at least, is Rockstar is prepping some project under the name “Rush,” and that project will have an eclectic cast of characters that mesh with the GTA universe. Unfortunately, Take-Two has not even announced GTAV yet, so it may be some time before the industry gets an official look at the title.

129 comments for "Rockstar going back to San Andreas for GTA V?"

7 years ago '05        #2
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
man i need this s**t now
 7 years ago '04        #3
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
A GTA going back to San Andreas would be nice but only if they bring back the s**t that made the game fun. GTA4 going back to Liberty City was alright, but I wasn't into it because the missions were stale and the story sucked d!ck.
 7 years ago '04        #4
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 J-R said:
What if their actually is a game called Rush that doesn't have s**t to do with gta?
key phrase is "code named"
 7 years ago '04        #5
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
Maybe Chicago will get some gta love one day. But since I'm a sheep I will continue to buy the series:D
 7 years ago '04        #6
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,934 | Props total: 607 607

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #7
Chuck_Remixed 250 heat pts250
space
space
$17,103 | Props total: 3537 3537
I would welcome this, it was my fav GTA and ive liked all thus far.
 7 years ago '05        #8
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,495 | Props total: 1357 1357
this would make for an amazing game and great company for actually listening to their customers/fans
 7 years ago '04        #9
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,916 | Props total: 0 0
Hopefully they make the series fun again or else Saints Row 3 will s**t all over the new GTA like Saints Row 2 did GTA4.
 03-07-2011, 08:41 PM         #10
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i read the whole thing and still don't understand how they got san andreas from that?
 7 years ago '05        #11
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,074 | Props total: 4213 4213
 T_Buck said:
Hopefully they make the series fun again or else Saints Row 3 will s**t all over the new GTA like Saints Row 2 did GTA4.

saints row 2 was good for a knockoff....but c'mon b
 7 years ago '09        #12
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,693 | Props total: 6192 6192
So they are gonna re-do the same cities each console generation? thats kinda lame a.ssuming the rumor is true. Hopefully they stay away from liberty city for a good while atleast
 7 years ago '08        #13
El_Maravilloso1 
space
space
$3,346 | Props total: 408 408
:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '10        #14
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,829 | Props total: 20645 20645
idk about this...I think they need to move on to something different instead of running in the same place.

There was a thread made a while ago where ppl were guessing where the next location would be. Forgot the name of the thread tho...
 7 years ago '10        #15
ter83 
space
space
$673 | Props total: 50 50
id like to see them combine the worlds of San Andreas and Vice City together one day...
 7 years ago '05        #16
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,493 | Props total: 717 717
thats okay with me, that game was the s**t
 7 years ago '05        #17
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 T_Buck said:
 7 years ago '04        #18
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
hope this is true. sa was the s**t
 7 years ago '04        #19
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,528 | Props total: 5081 5081
 JimDinO77 said:
saints row 2 was good for a knockoff....but c'mon b
lol yea I would say saints row would be a time pass the most until another GTA comes out. I would not even get into saints row 3, the 2nd one was wack a.ss f**k. I'd rather wait for another gta to come out but I can't wait and I can't wait on what they will bring to the table for the new gta.

GTA ===== GOAT.
 7 years ago '04        #20
T_Buck 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,916 | Props total: 0 0
Saints Row 2 was a MUCH funner game than GTA4. Anyone that says otherwise is still caught up in the San Andreas/Vice City hype. Graphically, GTA4 s**ts on SR2, but fun factor? Not even close.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy