Mac Miller - Best Day Ever (mixtape) - Discussion + Download

most viewed right now
 62
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #201
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,847 | Props total: 20786 20786
 Slickems said:
This n*gga stole the show
 7 years ago '09        #202
KiDxBeN 
space
space
space
$146 | Props total: 0 0
:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '04        #203
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6383 6383
i decided to listen to it even though the track with just blaze is missing.

k.i.d.s is better to me on 1st listen but i can listen to most of the songs on this except for oy vey.

everybody did their thing on the boards though
 7 years ago '07        #204
classin84 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$160 | Props total: 0 0
dope mixtape, this kid is not bad..
 7 years ago '05        #205
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$14,381 | Props total: 659 659
Production was straight, but sorry Wiz's little homey, didn't quite make it to my iTunes library
 7 years ago '08        #206
Future 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
another white rapper fails...
 7 years ago '06        #207
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$6,666 | Props total: 1224 1224
i just listened to it and its ok. doesnt suck isnt nothin GOAT
 7 years ago '07        #208
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
ehhh he defiantly has his own sound, this music almost sounds like it shouldnt be mainstream like its music made for college campuses or something idk..
it doesnt feel like grown man music to me
 7 years ago '04        #209
R Dot 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,864 | Props total: 1050 1050
Im not impressed!
 7 years ago '04        #210
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12992 12992
Ok... first let me start off by saying the following. I'm not a Mac fan, nor a Mac hater. This is my quick review on Best Day Ever.

01. Mac Miller - Best Day Ever (Prod. By. ID Labs)

Flow: 2.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2.5 / 5

Nice way to open up the mixtape. Dope beat, and production.

02. Mac Miller - Get Up (Prod. By. Teddy Roxpin)

Flow: 4 / 5
Lyrics: 3.25 / 5

I like his flow on this song. Stays in his line nicely.

03. Mac Miller - Donald Trump (Prod. By. Sap)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 3 / 5

One of the better songs on the mixtape. Something nice to play in the car.

04. Mac Miller - Oy Vey (Prod By. ID Labs)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 3.75 / 5

I think people will feel this song is whack... I kinda like it though. Beat is generic as f**k though.

05. Mac Miller - I'll Be There (feat. Phonte) (Prod. By. Beanz 'n' Kornbread)

Flow: 4 / 5
Lyrics: 4 / 5

Lol, this little f**k got Tiggalo on his s**t (hook only). Definitely one of the best songs on the tape.

06. Mac Miller - Wear My Hat (Prod. By. Chuck Inglish)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2 / 5

Chuck laced him nicely on this song. He ain't saying s**t on here. I like The Cool Kids--and I try to forget Mac is on this song. One of the worst on the tape. Chuck shoulda molly-wopped this kid.

07. Mac Miller - Wake Up (Prod By. Sap & ID Labs)

Flow: 2.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2 / 5

Could have done without this song. Hook is ok....

09. Mac Miller - Down The Rabbit Hole (Prod. By. Blue of The Sore Losers)

Flow: 3.75 / 5
Lyrics: 2.5 / 5

I don't really like this song either personally... but it's not whack though. For some reason... his open line mentioned drinking Hennessey... he strikes me as Smirnoff Ice drinker.

10. Mac Miller - In The Air (Prod By. Ritz Reynolds)

Flow: 3.75 / 5
Lyrics: 3 / 5

He tries rapid fire flow a little bit... not really his thing. His ad libs are beyond s**tty. Hook is cool.

11. Mac Miller - Play Ya Cards (Prod By. Chuck Inglish)

Flow: 3 / 5
Lyrics: 2.5 / 5

He tries to pay homage to the old school..... well.. he tried. Lol. Songs whack to me.

12. Mac Miller - She Said (Prod By. Khrysis)

Flow: 3.75 / 5
Lyrics: 4 / 5

Song is alright to me.

[B]13. Mac Miller - Life Ain't Easy (Prod. By. ID Labs)

Flow: 4 / 5
Lyrics 4 / 5

This is one of the better songs on the album.

14. Mac Miller - Snooze (Prod By. ID Labs)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2.9 / 5

This song is above average. Nothing special, nothing whack.

[B]15. Mac Miller - Keep Floatin' (feat. Wiz Khalifa) (Prod. By. ID Labs)

Flow: 4 / 5 (Being generous)
Lyrics: 3 / 5

Good thing Wiz makes an appearance. This is one of the best songs on the tape. ID Labs laced this kid on the tape. Mac better thank them.


Overall:
Jadakiss said it best: "Y'all use beats for help, we help the beats". ID Labs saved this mixtape. Not trying to hate.... this kid is nothing outstanding. BUT... for an 18/19 year old, he does his thing, and I think he's got quite a bit of potential.

As much as I don't want to keep this stigma attached to him.... he comes across as "Wiz's little homie". Being on a song with Phonte brought out a better version of Mac.

The kid is alright with his hooks, and people seem to like him. He teeters the line of "frat rap" and "stoner rap". Personally... I prefer more grown up music--and this tape doesn't have much of it. Then again--I'm probably not his demo. His demo is probably 13 years olds to 21 year olds.

Bottom line--for me.... personally... I won't play this again, but it's not whack.


Last edited by regularjoe; 03-11-2011 at 11:48 PM..
 03-11-2011, 11:46 PM         #211
domo360206  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so so.

beats were nice.
 7 years ago '10        #212
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,847 | Props total: 20786 20786
 regularjoe said:
Ok... first let me start off by saying the following. I'm not a Mac fan, nor a Mac hater. This is my quick review on Best Day Ever.

01. Mac Miller - Best Day Ever (Prod. By. ID Labs)

Flow: 2.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2.5 / 5

Nice way to open up the mixtape. Dope beat, and production.

02. Mac Miller - Get Up (Prod. By. Teddy Roxpin)

Flow: 4 / 5
Lyrics: 3.25 / 5

I like his flow on this song. Stays in his line nicely
.

03. Mac Miller - Donald Trump (Prod. By. Sap)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 3 / 5

One of the better songs on the mixtape. Something nice to play in the car.

04. Mac Miller - Oy Vey (Prod By. ID Labs)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 3.75 / 5

I think people will feel this song is whack... I kinda like it though. Beat is generic as f**k though.

05. Mac Miller - I'll Be There (feat. Phonte) (Prod. By. Beanz 'n' Kornbread)

Flow: 4 / 5
Lyrics: 4 / 5


Lol, this little f**k got Tiggalo on his s**t (hook only). Definitely one of the best songs on the tape.

06. Mac Miller - Wear My Hat (Prod. By. Chuck Inglish)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2 / 5

Chuck laced him nicely on this song. He ain't saying s**t on here.
I like The Cool Kids--and I try to forget Mac is on this song. One of the worst on the tape. Chuck shoulda molly-wopped this kid.

07. Mac Miller - Wake Up (Prod By. Sap & ID Labs)

Flow: 2.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2 / 5

Could have done without this song.
Hook is ok....

09. Mac Miller - Down The Rabbit Hole (Prod. By. Blue of The Sore Losers)

Flow: 3.75 / 5
Lyrics: 2.5 / 5

I don't really like this song either personally... but it's not whack though. For some reason... his open line mentioned drinking Hennessey... he strikes me as Smirnoff Ice drinker.---> ()

10. Mac Miller - In The Air (Prod By. Ritz Reynolds)

Flow: 3.75 / 5
Lyrics: 3 / 5

He tries rapid fire flow a little bit... not really his thing. His ad libs are beyond s**tty. Hook is cool.

11. Mac Miller - Play Ya Cards (Prod By. Chuck Inglish)

Flow: 3 / 5
Lyrics: 2.5 / 5

He tries to pay homage to the old school..... well.. he tried. Lol. Songs whack to me.

12. Mac Miller - She Said (Prod By. Khrysis)

Flow: 3.75 / 5
Lyrics: 4 / 5

Song is alright to me.

[B]13. Mac Miller - Life Ain't Easy (Prod. By. ID Labs)

Flow: 4 / 5
Lyrics 4 / 5

This is one of the better songs on the album.


14. Mac Miller - Snooze (Prod By. ID Labs)

Flow: 3.5 / 5
Lyrics: 2.9 / 5

This song is above average. Nothing special, nothing whack.

[B]15. Mac Miller - Keep Floatin' (feat. Wiz Khalifa) (Prod. By. ID Labs)

Flow: 4 / 5 (Being generous)
Lyrics: 3 / 5

Good thing Wiz makes an appearance. This is one of the best songs on the tape. ID Labs laced this kid on the tape. Mac better thank them.


Overall:
Jadakiss said it best: "Y'all use beats for help, we help the beats". ID Labs saved this mixtape. Not trying to hate.... this kid is nothing outstanding. BUT... for an 18/19 year old, he does his thing, and I think he's got quite a bit of potential.

As much as I don't want to keep this stigma attached to him.... he comes across as "Wiz's little homie". Being on a song with Phonte brought out a better version of Mac.

The kid is alright with his hooks, and people seem to like him. He teeters the line of "frat rap" and "stoner rap". Personally... I prefer more grown up music--and this tape doesn't have much of it. Then again--I'm probably not his demo. His demo is probably 13 years olds to 21 year olds.

Bottom line--for me.... personally... I won't play this again, but it's not whack.
Agree with the bolded
 03-12-2011, 12:04 AM         #213
Slickems  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:

The kid is alright with his hooks, and people seem to like him. He teeters the line of "frat rap" and "stoner rap". Personally... I prefer more grown up music--and this tape doesn't have much of it. Then again--I'm probably not his demo. His demo is probably 13 years olds to 21 year olds.

Bottom line--for me.... personally... I won't play this again, but it's not whack.
real talk whats the difference between stoner rap and frat rap?
 7 years ago '04        #214
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$43,333 | Props total: 11476 11476
i listened its produced well but theres nothing special about the mixtape its iight
 7 years ago '04        #215
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12992 12992
 Slickems said:
real talk whats the difference between stoner rap and frat rap?
IMHO: Frat rap, is a subsidiary of Stoner Rap.

I think Cypress Hill/Meth and Red can be stoner rap (not solely)..... but, I don't count them as frat rap. Not really the greatest example, but it works.
 7 years ago '05        #216
Secwrit23 
space
avatar space
space
$1,344 | Props total: 1 1
COP THE MIXTAPE NOW!!...
(The Release Crashed DatPiff and several websites)... #THUMBSup




Last edited by Secwrit23; 03-12-2011 at 12:33 AM..
 03-12-2011, 12:22 AM         #217
Slickems  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
IMHO: Frat rap, is a subsidiary of Stoner Rap.

I think Cypress Hill/Meth and Red can be stoner rap (not solely)..... but, I don't count them as frat rap. Not really the greatest example, but it works.
no that makes sense


not all stoner rap is frat rap


BUT all frat rap is probably stoner rap on some level
 7 years ago '04        #218
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12992 12992
 Slickems said:
no that makes sense


not all stoner rap is frat rap


BUT all frat rap is probably stoner rap on some level
Wouldn't let me prop you, but you worded it pretty well.
 7 years ago '04        #219
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
this guy is f**ken horrible......
 03-12-2011, 01:20 AM         #220
Contagioso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
#MostDope
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 15
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy