Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #261
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 TH35 said:
That was my point w/ college they don't have to play up rivalries like that because they've been there already. Between Bosh, Amare, and Melo at the end of the day it was just jokes. They're all still friends off the court . Same when Dwight was joking around and imitating Lebron. Most cases all it takes is a phone call, its squashed. College is a different story you see Ron Artest mode at almost every rivalry game. In the NBA they make up rivalries because most are dead besides the Lakers/Boston. Before the big 3 in Boston that was dead.
....if you think Dwight and Lebron are friends you are crazy. If you don't think Melo and Amare struck a chord with Bosh, you're crazy.

Of course they have to take the politically correct route at the all star game and be friendly with each other publicly, they can't exactly fist f!ght.

NHL players have fist f!ghts. Some guys f!ght eachother dozens of times in there careers and during the all star game they are civil with eachother because its the politically correct thing to do.
 7 years ago '07        #262
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 Reppindaburghh said:
Sorry jealousy and hate are two completely different concepts. You can be jealous and respect someone but if you have legitimate hate for them how can you respect them? .
 7 years ago '04        #263
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,889 | Props total: 2001 2001
 Reppindaburghh said:
The first part, obviously you have to be removed from where you are if you are AT WVU and we JUST beat them and you are running your mouth. If you are acting responsibly and being humble about the victory, nobody will give you trouble. Thats speaking from personal experience.

The second part, you're right most pro sports fans won't call a little kid a f**got for wearing the opposing teams jersey. Thats because they are more mature . If a UNC fan calls a child wearing a Duke jersey a f**got, I'm willing to bet that specific fan is an immature college student.
1st, I've actually had s**t said at me/someone being an a**hole while walking back to my car. As I said, football is bigger to them than basketball so some of these moments come from that but still it is crazy.

2nd, I would say the calling a kid a f**got, is part immaturity and part the passion of college sports.
 7 years ago '04        #264
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,889 | Props total: 2001 2001
 Reppindaburghh said:
....if you think Dwight and Lebron are friends you are crazy.
So wait, you're telling me that if Miami said "f**k this" and somehow cleared enough cap space to throw a huge contract at Dwight, he'd say "Nah I am not going to Miami, I don't want to play with Lebron."

I think you see them as hating each other because they face off against one another and one of them has lost to the other. Of course I am not going to be like "man Lebron is so great" if he just knocked me out of the playoffs.
 7 years ago '05        #265
space
space
 TH35 said:
Sorry jealousy and hate are two completely different concepts. You can be jealous and respect someone but if you have legitimate hate for them how can you respect them? .
You don't think you can legitimately hate somebody while at the same time respecting them? Not give them respect, but respect them.

I have a few people that I hate for various reasons, but I still respect a few of them as adversaries.
 7 years ago '07        #266
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
....if you think Dwight and Lebron are friends you are crazy. If you don't think Melo and Amare struck a chord with Bosh, you're crazy.

Of course they have to take the politically correct route at the all star game and be friendly with each other publicly, they can't exactly fist f!ght.

NHL players have fist f!ghts. Some guys f!ght eachother dozens of times in there careers and during the all star game they are civil with eachother because its the politically correct thing to do.
I'm sure Dwight and Lebron have each others number and have talked to each other off the court. If you don't think they do you're crazy. Of course Bosh got fired up over the comment and will try to bring his A game against them ON THE COURT. Also, you don't have to be PC if you don't want to. If someone really hated someone they would say it outright. They're grown men.
 7 years ago '07        #267
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
You don't think you can legitimately hate somebody while at the same time respecting them? Not give them respect, but respect them.

I have a few people that I hate for various reasons, but I still respect a few of them as adversaries.
Legitimate hate means you don't like them, period. If I have respect for someone I don't have legitimate hate for them but I may hate s**t they do at times.
 7 years ago '05        #268
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
So wait, you're telling me that if Miami said "f**k this" and somehow cleared enough cap space to throw a huge contract at Dwight, he'd say "Nah I am not going to Miami, I don't want to play with Lebron."

I think you see them as hating each other because they face off against one another and one of them has lost to the other. Of course I am not going to be like "man Lebron is so great" if he just knocked me out of the playoffs.
No if somehow they could trade Bosh for Dwight and Dwight was cool with it, I'm sure Lebron and Wade would be cool with it and they'd squash whatever beef, however big or small, they have with eachother. I'm talking about right NOW, though. In the here and now.

Again going back to people I hate in my personal life for whatever reason, I hate them right now but if tomorrow I was presented with a situation where I had the opportunity to squash the beef and team up for something that would be beneficial to me personally, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That doesn't make my hate for them I have right NOW any less significant. Anybody that will let personal beef get in the way of overall success is foolish. Goes back to my original analogy a few pages back about the olympics.
 7 years ago '05        #269
space
space
 TH35 said:
Legitimate hate means you don't like them, period.
So if I get into a fist f!ght with a guy tomorrow, he whoops my a.ss in front of my family, takes my girlfriend and I find out the next day he also happens to be a millionaire and he's married to a dime and he has a masters degree in some extremely advanced field, I can't respect him? I mean I obviously hate him, but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna respect the fact that he just owned me and he is as successful as he is. That'd be illogical.

Hating someone you respect as a man or an individual is very easy to do.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 03-09-2011 at 05:17 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #270
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
No if somehow they could trade Bosh for Dwight and Dwight was cool with it, I'm sure Lebron and Wade would be cool with it and they'd squash whatever beef, however big or small, they have with eachother. I'm talking about right NOW, though. In the here and now.

Again going back to people I hate in my personal life for whatever reason, I hate them right now but if tomorrow I was presented with a situation where I had the opportunity to squash the beef and team up for something that would be beneficial to me personally, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That doesn't make my hate for them I have right NOW any less significant. Anybody that will let personal beef get in the way of overall success is foolish. Goes back to my original analogy a few pages back about the olympics.
What would they be beefing personally about though? They leave all that s**t on the court. It's just a game. Most professional players say that and aren't stupid enough to take a win or loss to the extreme off the court/field. Its not like the Delonte situation .
 7 years ago '07        #271
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
So if I get into a fist f!ght with a guy tomorrow, he whoops my a.ss in front of my family, takes my girlfriend and I find out the next day he also happens to be a millionaire and he's married to a dime and he has a masters degree in some extremely advanced field, I can't respect him? I mean I obviously hate him, but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna respect the fact that he just owned me and he is as successful as he is. That'd be illogical.

Then you don't hate him that much. If that happened to me I could give a f**k about what he does or did or has . I guess you don't know what legitimate hate means . Chances are though if that guy had all that he wouldn't f!ght anyone .
 7 years ago '05        #272
space
space
This is a useless argument that we veered into here, though.

Whether they hate eachother off the court or not (Some of them do, in my opinion), you are admitting that they "hate" eachother while on the court. Which is all that really matters as a viewer wanting to watch a good rivalry on the court. So just off that alone I stick to my point that NBA rivalrys >>>> College rivalrys because they are more personal.
 7 years ago '05        #273
space
space
 TH35 said:
Then you don't hate him that much. If that happened to me I could give a f**k about what he does or did or has . I guess you don't know what legitimate hate means .
Actually, I do.
 7 years ago '07        #274
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
This is a useless argument that we veered into here, though.

Whether they hate eachother off the court or not (Some of them do, in my opinion), you are admitting that they "hate" eachother while on the court. Which is all that really matters as a viewer wanting to watch a good rivalry on the court. So just off that alone I stick to my point that NBA rivalrys >>>> College rivalrys because they are more personal.
Thats your opinion (i won't knock it) but most NBA rivalries now are made up because of the media. That guy was right about media coverage at a professional level. They have to sell rivalries. College rivalries have been around for decades. I enjoy the NBA because I like basketball (obviously) and match-ups between the better teams.
 7 years ago '05        #275
space
space
 TH35 said:
What would they be beefing personally about though? They leave all that s**t on the court. It's just a game. Most professional players say that and aren't stupid enough to take a win or loss to the extreme off the court/field. Its not like the Delonte situation .
I'll dial in on the Lebron vs Celtics rivalry because personally its currently my favorite. Lebron is trying to cement a legacy. He is trying to go down as the best player of all time. It is impossible for him to do that without winning MULTIPLE rings. The Boston Celtics are his road block, and they take pride in that. They are mentally tougher then him. They embarrass the dude publicly on national television time and time again. They are in the way of his legacy. If that wouldn't make you hate a group of guys, I don't know what will. They hate the fact that every team he is on gets crowned the favorite to win it all every year. They hate the fact that so much time is spent dedicated to him on ESPN every day when THEY are in 1st place and THEY should be the ones being talked about more often. They legitimately hate eachother, in my opinion. But you can bet your entire bankroll that Lebron respects them as a powerhouse. He'd be stupid not to. They respect him as the best overall player in the game. They'd be stupid not to. But they hate eachother as far as I can tell. On and off the court.
 7 years ago '07        #276
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Actually, I do.
How so? If I hate someone I don't care for them at all and most ppl wouldn't care for the person if they hated them either. I don't hate anyone , it takes a lot for me hate someone. Like I said our definition of hate is different. Its like the word classic that gets thrown around. I don't throw around that word or hate they are strong words .
 7 years ago '05        #277
space
space
 TH35 said:
Thats your opinion (i won't knock it) but most NBA rivalries now are made up because of the media. That guy was right about media coverage at a professional level. They have to sell rivalries. College rivalries have been around for decades. I enjoy the NBA because I like basketball (obviously) and match-ups between the better teams.
College rivalries get just as much attention as pro rivalries, man.
 7 years ago '05        #278
space
space
 TH35 said:
How so? If I hate someone I don't care for them at all and most ppl wouldn't care for the person if they hated them either. I don't hate anyone , it takes a lot for me hate someone. Like I said our definition of hate is different. Its like the word classic that gets thrown around. I don't throw around that word or hate they are strong words .
I'm not sure what you're not understanding. I don't have to care for somebody at all in order to respect them.
 7 years ago '07        #279
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I'll dial in on the Lebron vs Celtics rivalry because personally its currently my favorite. Lebron is trying to cement a legacy. He is trying to go down as the best player of all time. It is impossible for him to do that without winning MULTIPLE rings. The Boston Celtics are his road block, and they take pride in that. They are mentally tougher then him. They embarrass the dude publicly on national television time and time again. They are in the way of his legacy. If that wouldn't make you hate a group of guys, I don't know what will. They hate the fact that every team he is on gets crowned the favorite to win it all every year. They hate the fact that so much time is spent dedicated to him on ESPN every day when THEY are in 1st place and THEY should be the ones being talked about more often. They legitimately hate each other, in my opinion. But you can bet your entire bankroll that Lebron respects them as a powerhouse. He'd be stupid not to. They respect him as the best overall player in the game. They'd be stupid not to. But they hate eachother as far as I can tell. On and off the court.
Yea they can hate the coverage but they don't hate him as a person . Of course Lebron respects them but he doesn't hate them either . See this is the s**t I was talking about selling rivalries, the media, etc. You're proving my point by bringing up the media about how they have to sell everything.
 7 years ago '07        #280
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I'm not sure what you're not understanding. I don't have to care for somebody at all in order to respect them.

Reppindaburghh said:

and you bring up psychology .... you obviously care about his success if you think he owned you. If you didn't care you wouldn't give a f**k about what he had and kept it moving.

re·spect·ed, re·spect·ing, re·spects
1. To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
2. To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
3. To relate or refer to; concern.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc