NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #241
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 MosDefinition said:
from the fouls to the b.s. at the end the big east just wanted st johns to advance so they have a better shot at having 11 teams in the tourney
that makes no sense seeing that if we still lost we would still be in the tourney
 7 years ago '06        #242
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
 MosDefinition said:
from the fouls to the b.s. at the end the big east just wanted st johns to advance so they have a better shot at having 11 teams in the tourney
St. Johns was in regardless, maybe they wanted the Cuse vs St. Johns matchup?
 7 years ago '07        #243
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 kmstokes said:
St. Johns was in regardless, maybe they wanted the Cuse vs St. Johns matchup?
that would be some bulls**t.
 7 years ago '05        #244
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 lilsnatch770 said:
See I've partied with WVU fans, but at the same time, after we beat them (especially in football) I've been threatened to be attacked and removed from where I was because WVU people hate me. I've never been to a celtics vs lakers game but I doubt they are willing to scream at a little kid and call them a f**got (as I have seen at a WVU/Pitt game and WVU/V-Tech game). I just doubt that so you would see a Lakers fan call a kid in a Celtics jersey a f**got.

The first part, obviously you have to be removed from where you are if you are AT WVU and we JUST beat them and you are running your mouth. If you are acting responsibly and being humble about the victory, nobody will give you trouble. Thats speaking from personal experience.

The second part, you're right most pro sports fans won't call a little kid a f**got for wearing the opposing teams jersey. Thats because they are more mature . If a UNC fan calls a child wearing a Duke jersey a f**got, I'm willing to bet that specific fan is an immature college student.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 03-09-2011 at 04:13 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #245
space
space
 TH35 said:
Actually they can because their championship game was one of the most watched NCAA title games. If they can't they're not true basketball fans.
I said casual sports fan.

TH35 said:

If you legitimately hate a player (your words) why would you want to play w/ them at any level? It can't get more logical than that. I'm just going off exactly what you said.
If you are Lebron James and you refuse to play for Team USA in the Olympics, the biggest stage in all of sports, simply because Kobe is on the team...Kobe WON. That is logic. Not sure what you don't understand.
 7 years ago '10        #246
NJallD 41 heat pts41
space
space
$3,146 | Props total: 0 0
mike francesa is goin off on this right now
 7 years ago '05        #247
space
space
I'm about to watch PTI and ATH and get a shower though. It was fun debating. Agree to disagree. My bad if I came off aggressively at a few times, I had a s**tload of stuff to respond to .

No beef. It's just a matter of preference.
 7 years ago '07        #248
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I said casual sports fan.

If you are Lebron James and you refuse to play for Team USA in the Olympics, the biggest stage in all of sports, simply because Kobe is on the team...Kobe WON. That is logic. Not sure what you don't understand.
Why would Kobe win? They don't hate each other . Which is the whole point I was making NBA players don't legitimately hate each other. The media plays that up. I didn't see that you said casual sports fan, my bad. The casual sports fans though are usually teenagers that hardly know s**t about sports. They only know superstar players and listen to everything they hear in the media. I've said this before how can anyone(not you, anyone in general) call themselves a true fan of a sport when they don't watch it at every level. I don't mean HS (thats doing too much unless you watch recruits) but college and professional. They go hand in hand.

Last edited by TH35; 03-09-2011 at 04:19 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #249
space
space
 TH35 said:
Why would Kobe win? They don't hate each other . Which is the whole point I was making NBA players don't legitimately hate each other. The media plays that up. I didn't see you said casual sports fan, my bad. The casual sports fans though are usually teenagers that hardly know s**t about sports. They only know superstar players and listen to everything they hear in the media.
Casual sports fan to me are the guys that get hyped up for the superbowl when they only watched 3 or 4 games (Aside from their own teams games) all season long. The guys who just cheer for the Lakers or Heat because they get the most national TV coverage. Etc.

If you don't think that there are legitimate personal beefs between players in the NBA and several players have a legitimate hatred for eachother, then no offense but you are absolutely horrible at visually analyzing human psychology, behavior, and emotion.

I don't want to hear anything about me being brainwashed by the media, either. The only shows on ESPN I watch are ATH and PTI just because they are entertaining and its nice to hear peoples opinions on a subject that I love discussing. Nothing they say sways my opinion on the subject matter one way or the other, though, and I don't watch sportscenter (Aside from it occasionally being on in the Background as I browse the internet). I'm just talking about actually WATCHING the game and feeling the emotion that these players play with on a night to night basis.

But you just made me miss a segment of ATH. Gotta rewind it and rewatch now. Damn you!
 7 years ago '04        #250
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 NJallD said:
mike francesa is goin off on this right now
and hes a st johns alumni

this whole game was just called horribly
 7 years ago '05        #251
space
space
About your second point that you edited in, I absolutely cannot stand college football (Because of the bowl system and the fact that new players rotate in and out every year) but I consider myself a true fan of football, even though I only really f**k with the NFL. It's not so much I cannot get into a college football game, it's just that I refuse to support that bulls**t non-playoff system they have and every season is basically pointless to me because a true champion is never crowned.

College basketball I am a huge fan of, though. Just prefer the NBA.
 7 years ago '07        #252
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
About your second point that you edited in, I absolutely cannot stand college football (Because of the bowl system and the fact that new players rotate in and out every year) but I consider myself a true fan of football, even though I only really f**k with the NFL. It's not so much I cannot get into a college football game, it's just that I refuse to support that bulls**t non-playoff system they have and every season is basically pointless to me because a true champion is never crowned.

College basketball I am a huge fan of, though. Just prefer the NBA.
I wouldn't go against your preferences. I respect others opinions and I agree the bowl system has its faults. It was just the whole rivalry thing. In some cases yea personal professional rivalries are fun. They usually have stories around them that get played up by the media to be bigger than they are. On the other hand w/ college they don't have to do all that to sell the rivalries because they're already there and been there for decades.

[video - click to view]

Reppindaburghh said:
If you don't think that there are legitimate personal beefs between players in the NBA and several players have a legitimate hatred for eachother, then no offense but you are absolutely horrible at visually analyzing human psychology, behavior, and emotion.
On the court, of course they don't like each other because its a competition. When I see legitimate hate I'm thinking they really hate the player and wouldn't think twice about them off court. I don't think anyone in the NBA legitimately hates each other.

Last edited by TH35; 03-09-2011 at 04:42 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #253
SFnymhouphxnj 
space
space
$134 | Props total: 0 0
Big East statement: "Conference acknowledges that two separate officiating errors occurred at the conclusion of the SJU vs. Rutgers game. Neither error is reviewable or correctable under NCAA playing rules."
 7 years ago '05        #254
space
space
 TH35 said:

I don't think anyone in the NBA legitimately hates each other.
You're wrong.

, just f**king with you. But I do disagree with you entirely on that single subject. So does basic study of psychology.
 7 years ago '07        #255
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
You're wrong.

, just f**king with you. But I do disagree with you entirely on that single subject. So does basic study of psychology.
On the court yes, off the court no. Maybe, some are jealous but actual hate no. A good example, Shaq's rap that was jealousy. Him and Kobe are still cool . Back in the day in the NBA, I think there was actual hate for other players but now its not that bad. Usually it gets dies fast too.

Last edited by TH35; 03-09-2011 at 04:55 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #256
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3229 3229
 Reppindaburghh said:
Again I can tell you don't actually watch NBA games or interviews.

If you don't think Lebron legitimately HATES the Boston Celtics organization, you are INSANE. The Celtics legitimately HATE Lebron and his ego as well. It's a legitimate hatred and its clear as day. The Lakers Celtics rivalry is real as well, if you don't think those two organizations and the players involved HATE eachother, you're crazy.

I don't care how far back college rivalries go, the players change EVERY year. There is no time for actual HATRED to build up between the PLAYERS, aside from OCCASIONALLY two seniors/juniors hating eachother. I could give a f**k less about a rivalry between two presidents of two universities.

Pro rivalries > College rivalries, in my opinion. For obvious reasons.
Just wanna say I agree with this. I don't think players themselves hate each other like they do in the NBA..sometimes they want to beat a school just because it is that particular school, but they don't have a huge hatred for the players like they do in the NBA. They don't focus on particular college players in the media all that much talking about each other like they do in the NBA. Bosh saying he hates losing to the Celtics after they lost and Amare and Melo making fun of Bosh..to me these things start rivalries and general hatred between players.

As far as the Rutgers game..I didn't see it but I wish I did. Another big screwjob in sports..wish they took out St. Johns.
 7 years ago '05        #257
space
space
 TH35 said:
On the court yes, off the court no. Maybe, some are jealous but actual hate no. A good example, Shaq's rap that was jealousy. Him and Kobe are still cool . Back in the day in the NBA, I think there was actual hate for other players but now its not that bad. Usually it gets dies fast too.

Reppindaburghh said:
You're wrong.

7 years ago '05        #258
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
Just wanna say I agree with this. I don't think players themselves hate each other like they do in the NBA..sometimes they want to beat a school just because it is that particular school, but they don't have a huge hatred for the players like they do in the NBA. They don't focus on particular college players in the media all that much talking about each other like they do in the NBA. Bosh saying he hates losing to the Celtics after they lost and Amare and Melo making fun of Bosh..to me these things start rivalries and general hatred between players.
 7 years ago '07        #259
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:

As far as the Rutgers game..I didn't see it but I wish I did. Another big screwjob in sports..wish they took out St. Johns.
That was my point w/ college they don't have to play up rivalries like that because they've been there already. Between Bosh, Amare, and Melo at the end of the day it was just jokes. They're all still friends off the court . Same when Dwight was joking around and imitating Lebron. Most cases all it takes is a phone call, its squashed. College is a different story you see Ron Artest mode at almost every rivalry game. In the NBA they make up rivalries because most are dead besides the Lakers/Boston. Before the big 3 in Boston that was dead. Before the playoffs that year they were trying to renew it like they already knew LA/Boston would meet up. ESPN was already airing LA/BOS specials and s**t .

Last edited by TH35; 03-09-2011 at 05:02 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #260
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,888 | Props total: 2000 2000
 Reppindaburghh said:
I'm about to watch PTI and ATH and get a shower though. It was fun debating. Agree to disagree. My bad if I came off aggressively at a few times, I had a s**tload of stuff to respond to .

No beef. It's just a matter of preference.
Nah, there's nothing wrong with what you said or your approach. That's the best part about sports, getting into a heated argument over s**t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now