The 2011 Big East Conference Tournament

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #201
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,172 | Props total: 11695 11695
@ this Rutgers game
 7 years ago '04        #202
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2825 2825
man but these refs ran out.. I've never seen anything like that
 7 years ago '07        #203
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,768 | Props total: 14586 14586
 MosDefinition said:
and this folks is why college sports sucks
Tough break and I feel sorry for whoever plays St. Johns next as well .
 7 years ago '05        #204
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 lilsnatch770 said:
See this is what I see/how I read it:

Players "hating" each other and creating a rivalry is just an act (or at least that's how I see it). If Kobe and Lebron hate each other so much, why would they play on team USA together? If I hate someone, I do not want to play on the same team as them.
Because if they refuse to play with eachother, they are not able to play for there country. I mean that seems like it's a pretty obvious answer to your question, why would they abandon playing for their country just because they have to team up with a guy they hate. I go to bars or house parties where I know somebody I hate is going to be. Just because I hate the guy I'm not going to avoid going to the bar with a bunch of mutual friends and having a good time. Same goes for the workplace, you gonna quit your job if you have a beef with a coworker? Are you going to refuse a promotion if you know it will move you to a nearby office where you know somebody you hate works there? Same with the all star weekend. You think they are going to refuse to be recognized as an all star just because it lumps them in a category with somebody they hate?

lilsnatch770 said:

I will give you Celtics/Lakers is a huge rivalry but that's one rivalry. EVERY conference has at least one major rivalry. UNC/Duke, Pitt/WVU, SYR/G'TOWN, etc, etc. I get that Celtics and Lakers fans hate each other but the passion is there EVERY rivalry in college. Have you ever been to Morgantown during the Pitt/WVU game? They legitimately hate Pitt fans.
I party with WVU fans at WVU all the time, they JOKINGLY hate Pitt as far as I am concerned. Same with my hatred for WVU. I "hate" them but I'll go to WVU and party and have a good time with all them. I have no real beef with them at all, and I am accepted there warmly. I'd be willing to bet some of the players on the Pitt team have partied at WVU while they were attending Pitt. It's a fun party school. Plus, like I said, I could give a f**k less about a rivalry between two presidents of major universities, I'd much rather watch a rivalry where the players hate eachother because they have been playing eachother for up to 15-20 years in a row.

lilsnatch770 said:

As far as the playoff system, yes a 7 game series is better to decide the real winner but March Madness has crazier/better games.
I agree with crazier, disagree with better. NOTHING in sports is better then a game 7 between two elite NBA teams.

lilsnatch770 said:

I would argue coaches are better in college, but it is a different type of game so I will give you that. Still college has the likes of Wooden, Coach K, Boeheim, Smith, Rupp, Knight, Sutton & Calhoun. In college you're playing what 30 games a year? All of those guys have 800+ wins.
They have 800+ wins, ironically, because the standards are lower. In the NBA if you are coaching a contender and you don't win the title within a few years you are likely to be axed (Obviously there are several exceptions like Jerry Sloan). In college your chances of winning a title are obviously MUCH more difficult so as long as you have your team as one of the top 64 teams in division one year in and year out, your job is safe. All those coaches you named are great, I could list off great NBA coaches as well but its pointless, because like I said it all comes down to which league you prefer when judging which coaches you prefer.

lilsnatch770 said:

I would say the "passion" I was arguing with was between the fans AND players. I don't watch every NBA game, so I will admit I watch more college than NBA, but I rarely see NBA players get as into the game as college players do (Unless it's the conf. finals or finals).

Tell me the last time you've seen this in an NBA game?
Bout to watch your videos now and I'll edit.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 03-09-2011 at 03:55 PM..
 7 years ago '12        #205
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Main Event said:
Ref just kept walking like he had a meeting to catch

Outta here now.
 7 years ago '06        #206
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6738 6738
smh they not going to bring them back out to finish this s**t?
wtf is this
 7 years ago '05        #207
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
$12,639 | Props total: 23236 23236
Very pathetic referee's

Last edited by jsilerio; 03-09-2011 at 03:47 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #208
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,063 | Props total: 4415 4415
 lilsnatch770 said:
Right because refs never try to decide the game in the NBA

theres 2 seconds left in this game as far as i'm concerned

you had refs sitting in the huddle with st johns

bulls**t calls bulls**t no calls against rutgers

7 years ago '04        #209
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2825 2825
I'd f**k that white lady
 7 years ago '04        #210
icedup9o9 3 heat pts
space
space
$911 | Props total: 8 8
Wow refs had to catch a plane they were gone as soon as the buzzar went off
 03-09-2011, 03:45 PM         #211
Tempus # 1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jsilerio said:
Very pathetic referring
Very pathetic english
 7 years ago '06        #212
SFnymhouphxnj 
space
space
$134 | Props total: 0 0
must be pac 10 refs in disguise
 7 years ago '04        #213
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,063 | Props total: 4415 4415
 TH35 said:
Tough break and I feel sorry for whoever plays St. Johns next as well .
syracuse at the garden is usually a syracuse home game so i doubt theyd be abvle to get away with this bulls**t against them
 03-09-2011, 03:45 PM         #214
PoSt3RiZeD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HOLY s**t. I HAVE NEVER SEEN WORSE REFFING IN MY LIFE. IF THOSE GUYS ARENT FIRED
 7 years ago '12        #215
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
I would of snatched that ref back and told his a.ss to get back out there the game isnt over.
 7 years ago '05        #216
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,172 | Props total: 11695 11695
 Tempus # 1 said:
Very pathetic english
 7 years ago '07        #217
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,768 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Reppindaburghh said:
Because if they refuse to player with eachother, they are not able to play for there country. I mean that seems like it's a pretty obvious answer to your question, why would they abandon playing for their country just because they have to team up with a guy they hate. I go to bars or house parties where I know somebody I hate is going to be. Just because I hate the guy I'm not going to avoid going to the bar with a bunch of mutual friends and having a good time. Same goes for the workplace, you gonna quit your job if you have a beef with a coworker? Are you going to refuse a promotion if you know it will move you to a nearby office where you know somebody you hate works there? Same with the all star weekend. You think they are going to refuse to be recognized as an all star just because it lumps them in a category with somebody they hate?
You can refuse to play on Team USA its happened plenty of times.
 7 years ago '04        #218
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,885 | Props total: 1998 1998
See I've partied with WVU fans, but at the same time, after we beat them (especially in football) I've been threatened to be attacked and removed from where I was because WVU people hate me. I've never been to a celtics vs lakers game but I doubt they are willing to scream at a little kid and call them a f**got (as I have seen at a WVU/Pitt game and WVU/V-Tech game). I just doubt that so you would see a Lakers fan call a kid in a Celtics jersey a f**got.

7 years ago '05        #219
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 Lowkey18 said:
while i respect your opinon.. i don't think you can be more wrong.. you have some college rivalries where teams and players generally HATE each other.. even in college football.. in the NBA outside of LA and Boston i see no rivalries.. where in the College sports you see them everywhere.. UOLvsUK...the entire big east... Duke vs UNC (which i think is the biggest in history of sports due to the depth in coaches..players..ships..wins..everything)
For me as I've stated it's more about personal rivalries between players.

Kobe trying to defend his crown against the young Durant.

Lebron trying to FINALLY get past the stubborn trio of Allen, Garnet, and Pierce, and now Rondo, who absolutely undoubtedly LOVE denying him his legacy.

Derrick Rose battling with Rondo.

Shaq trying to hold on to his career and tie Kobe for titles.

Those type of personal battles are far more entertaining to me then a rivalry between two schools who's student bodies don't even genuinely hate eachother a lot of the time.
 7 years ago '05        #220
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
$12,639 | Props total: 23236 23236
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Yeah that was
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy