Drake Was Offered 20 Million To Sign To ROC Nation And Turned It Down.

most viewed right now
 86
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #21
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20686 20686

[pic - click to view]

 7 years ago '04        #22
R Dot 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,862 | Props total: 1036 1036
Look at Jay's track record he's terrible wit artist management. Drake is alot better off were he at!
 7 years ago '06        #23
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
 Cornhusker said:
YMCMB probably gave Drake a very large cut of his tour money. Let me give you a lyric from Drake's 9 a.m. freestyle for example.

"I just came off making 2 million in 30 days."

Even though Drake loves Jay, Wayne is the one that put Drake on, thus Drake would be more incline to sign with Wayne. Wayne probably gave him "real talk" as to which deal was better or some s**t.

My n*gga Drake is a winner.

:willfrown :

thats horrible.
 03-06-2011, 01:18 AM         #24
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i heard j cole signed for a jayz verse, willow feature and a freepair of s dots
 7 years ago '06        #25
ramanaa 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$822 | Props total: 0 0
havent u guys learned anything. the roc would have just pushed him back and he wouldnt have released s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #26
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
avatar space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 babalou said:
LOL @ Willow getting 20, Drake getting offered 20 and JCole headling the latest TGIFridays opening somewhere in wisconsin.
why y'all always sh*ttin on my man J. Cole?
 7 years ago '08        #27
flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
avatar space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
 DrX said:
i heard j cole signed for a jayz verse, willow feature and a freepair of s dots

[pic - click to view]



 7 years ago '06        #28
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
with the kind of buzz he had, i can see why a record label would be confident that he'd be able to generate them alot more than 20 million
 7 years ago '09        #29
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7939 7939
20 mill but i guarantee you jay would have owned the kid's publishing..........theres a reason why he didnt sign trust me
 7 years ago '07        #30
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
Pshhh..20 mill?


He would of been left cash money and his Twitter would have said its roc nation for life.
 7 years ago '04        #31
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
Roc Nation is under Live Nation, the label that really spear headed the whole 360 deal idea. Every artist that is actually worth something has always been given a big guaranteed amount for signing a 360. Where they get you is that they're gonna have their hands all up in all your cookie jars for the rest of your career, they're gonna get first dibs on EVERYTHING and you'll just be left to scrap up the crumbs. A 360 deal can be a good thing or a bad thing all depending on what type of artist you are, your work ethic, your marketability, your live show draw, your longevity, what type of fan base you possess, etc. Though if you're someone who is likely to be huge but relatively new and your music is your main meal ticket then it may not be a good idea. Only ppl I see it making sense for is people like Jay, 50, Madonna, etc who have the majority of their bread coming from elsewhere and only need to use their music to fuel their marketability in other areas and keep them relevant because that way it forces the label to prioritize you since they have no other choice due to the fact they already guaranteed you a large sum.
 7 years ago '06        #32
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
I highly doubt his was offered 20 mill unless that s**t was like a 5 album deal package, and the 20 mill was for advances and album promo.
 7 years ago '04        #33
LovinPavan 
space
avatar space
space
$5,632 | Props total: 1131 1131
turd man also said he receives 100 million dollar checks. people in the industry lie and exaggerate. anyways....
 7 years ago '06        #34
Jaguar34 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
 psylence2k said:
Roc Nation is under Live Nation, the label that really spear headed the whole 360 deal idea. Every artist that is actually worth something has always been given a big guaranteed amount for signing a 360. Where they get you is that they're gonna have their hands all up in all your cookie jars for the rest of your career, they're gonna get first dibs on EVERYTHING and you'll just be left to scrap up the crumbs. A 360 deal can be a good thing or a bad thing all depending on what type of artist you are, your work ethic, your marketability, your live show draw, your longevity, what type of fan base you possess, etc. Though if you're someone who is likely to be huge but relatively new and your music is your main meal ticket then it may not be a good idea. Only ppl I see it making sense for is people like Jay, 50, Madonna, etc who have the majority of their bread coming from elsewhere and only need to use their music to fuel their marketability in other areas and keep them relevant because that way it forces the label to prioritize you since they have no other choice due to the fact they already guaranteed you a large sum.
That's why I kind of believe it.

A 360 deal would've f**ked up Drake's career because it would've pigeon-holed him into being a certain kind of artist.

On YM dude can rap, sing, write, tour and still make most of the money off of it.
 03-06-2011, 09:47 AM         #35
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn i didnt know 360 deals were that badd!!!....damn so that mean Jim Jones Lost because i dont know if you remember back then in his interviews when him and cam was beefin he had got a deal with columbia and he was like "oh i just signed a 360 deal with columbia and they not even giving dem out anymore"
 7 years ago '09        #36
ImageOfTruth 
space
avatar space
space
$3,053 | Props total: 16 16
 Michael 1987 said:
he's jewish he will always be rich u dumb n*gga.
he nearly went broke just off tryna lease a phantom when he was in degrassi days.

his mom was alright, they lived in a rich neighbourhood but drizzy wasn't "rich" when he stepped in the game, his moms did not have millions in the bank or something. he was like any middle to upper class Canadian with good household income and had an acting gig.
 03-06-2011, 12:20 PM         #37
Contagioso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jey Johnson88 said:
c'mon a jew turning down 20 milli


plz n*gga would turn into Mc Yarmulke












































 7 years ago '06        #38
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
avatar space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3473 3473
Drake owes all his masters....

...Roc-Nation would have took his soul and more.

Jay-Z himself said he wished he had the type of contract Drake has now....

/thread


Last edited by 01seay; 03-06-2011 at 01:00 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #39
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
avatar space
space
$33,411 | Props total: 6377 6377
 CentsCuZ said:
If they were offering a 360 deal, it would have made sense for Drake to turn it down, especially when YMCMB was offering a couple mill with Drake keeping his touring dough and owning his masters.
makes sense
 03-06-2011, 01:09 PM         #40
fmf_123 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01seay said:
Drake owes all his masters....

...Roc-Nation would have took his soul and more.

Jay-Z himself said he wished he had the type of contract Drake has now....

/thread
people making things up
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy