Mar 5 - Evidence of aliens--NASA scientist

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-05-2011, 01:59 PM         #1
8679 pageviews
116 comments

Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mar 5 - Evidence of aliens--NASA scientist

[pic - click to view]

(this picture is from a previously studied meteorite)

We are not alone and alien life forms may have more in common with life on Earth than we had thought.

The out-of-this-world research by Dr. Richard B. Hoover, an astrobiologist with NASA's Marshall Space Flight Centre, was published in the March edition of the Journal of Cosmology.
In the report, Hoover describes the latest findings in his study of an extremely rare class of meteorites, called CI1 carbonaceous chondrites - only nine such meteorites were known to exist on Earth.

The scientist was convinced that his findings revealed fossil evidence of bacterial life within such meteorites and by extension, suggests we are not alone in the universe.
"I interpret it as indicating that life is more broadly distributed than restricted strictly to the planet Earth," Hoover said. "This field of study has just barely been touched because quite frankly, a great many scientists would say that this is impossible."

In what he called "a very simple process," Hoover fractured the meteorite stones under a sterile environment before examining the freshly broken surface with the standard tools of the scientist: a scanning electron microscope and a field emission electron scanning microscope, which allowed him to search the stone's surface for evidence of fossil remains.
He found the fossil remains of micro-organisms not so different from ordinary ones found underfoot on Earth.

"The exciting thing is that they are in many cases recognisable and can be a.ssociated very closely with the generic species here on earth," (image) Hoover said. But not all of them. "There are some that are just very strange and don't look like anything that I've been able to identify, and I've shown them to many other experts that have also come up stumped."

Other scientists say the implications of this research were shocking, describing the findings variously as profound, very important and extraordinary. But Dr. David Marais, an astrobiologist with NASA's AMES Research Centre, said he was very cautious about jumping onto the bandwagon.

These kinds of claims have been made before, he noted and found to be false. "It's an extraordinary claim, and thus I'll need extraordinary evidence," he said.

[pic - click to view]

Source.

116 comments for "Mar 5 - Evidence of aliens--NASA scientist"

7 years ago '05        #2
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
I just don't understand how hard it is to grasp that perhaps we aren't alone in this universe.

Its such a space.... and earth isn't even a peice of dust in compairison.

I feel its impossible that we are alone.
 7 years ago '09        #3
LLCOOLFERN 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 624 624
^^^^^TRUE. How many things in this world exist, that we can't see? Bacteria, viruses, amoebas. There is no way that we are alone.
 7 years ago '10        #4
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
I need to see to believe.
 03-05-2011, 02:53 PM         #5
Sid 6point7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its fathomable

no one really knows
 7 years ago '05        #6
DMX4lyfe 
space
space
space
$528 | Props total: 0 0
the way i see it is.. look on planet earth alone how many different species are living, all different and unique to the other. who says that aint possible out there in space.

personally dont believe there is a set of laws that need to be met for life to form out there in the cosmos, maybe they threw the rule book out in to the dustbin and made there own rules up!
 7 years ago '09        #7
K0ntrast 64 heat pts64
space
space
$29,710 | Props total: 13298 13298
so what if we evolved from this alien bacteria millions of years ago
 7 years ago '05        #8
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 Kontrast0 said:
so what if we evolved from this alien bacteria millions of years ago
Thats very possible. There may be a species with the exact DNA as humans somewhere out there hundreds of lightyears away on another Earth like planet that has been around for millions of years longer then us.
 03-05-2011, 03:26 PM         #9
Sniggit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
I just don't understand how hard it is to grasp that perhaps we aren't alone in this universe.

This

We be on that Ancient Alien s**t

To many planets for their not to be life. They thought the earth was flat but that didnt change the fact it was round.
 03-05-2011, 03:38 PM         #10
BreatheEasyy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I interpret it as indicating that life is more broadly distributed than restricted strictly to the planet Earth,"
 7 years ago '05        #11
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 eljesserocks said:
"I interpret it as indicating that life is more broadly distributed than restricted strictly to the planet Earth,"
Everything in sience is interpreted or a theory to begin with
 7 years ago '11        #12
SergDMV 
space
space
$202 | Props total: 0 0
 Freemind said:

exactly. space is infinite. even with our most powerful telescopes and furthest reaching spacecrafts we have only observed what would probably be one one trillionth of a fraction of the entire space. theres no f**kin way were alone.
 7 years ago '11        #13
pootysmack 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,973 | Props total: 517 517
 Freemind said:

whats hard to grasp is these other species being highly advanced to the point that they are able to do space travel at the speed of light to get to our solar system.
 7 years ago '05        #14
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
 pootysmack said:
whats hard to grasp is these other species being highly advanced to the point that they are able to do space travel at the speed of light to get to our solar system.
Don't see why thats hard to grasp if they've potentially been alive for billions of years longer then us.

Look at how much we have advanced since the year 1900. Thats 110 years. Now imagine where the f**k we'll be in ONE BILLION YEARS . If we don't go extinct before that.

I mean just within a hundred thousand years if we are still alive as a species we will most likely have colonized dozens of planets in our galaxy.
 7 years ago '04        #15
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
I agree that the possibility is not hard to grasp, but you ultimately need strong evidence to prove it, otherwise it is only speculation.
 7 years ago '05        #16
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 pootysmack said:
No, not hard to believe at all... we've only been traveling in "space" (to the moon and back really ain't even space travel... that's like takin a taxi a block down the road to get to a club) for 50+ years... so what do we really know about space travel???

Absolutly nothing in reality.

Reppindaburghh said:
Don't see why thats hard to grasp if they've potentially been alive for billions of years longer then us.

Look at how much we have advanced since the year 1900. Thats 110 years. Now imagine where the f**k we'll be in ONE BILLION YEARS . If we don't go extinct before that.

I mean just within a hundred thousand years if we are still alive as a species we will most likely have colonized dozens of planets in our galaxy.
I agree with my man Burgh 100%.

Human civilization has been around for a long time... but only in the past 100-200 years have we really advanced technology wise. And we've advanced so fast in just the last 50 years or so... so what's just another 50-100 years going to bring???

They say the earth is around 6 billion years old and the universe itself is somewhere between 12_15 billion years old I believe... so is it that hard to believe perhaps another planet was formed 10 billions years ago (4 billion years before earth) and that if life developed on it just like it did here?

They'd have a HUGE jump start on us.

Even if they're was an alien race that had a a thousand years of advancement on our technology now (at the pace were going at) it would put anything we have now to shame.

Last edited by Freemind; 03-05-2011 at 05:11 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #17
dzPHL 
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 0 0
 Reppindaburghh said:

however we all know how destructive life itself is, Darwin taught us this. full agreement about where we'd be if we survived even another 50000 years.. but the probability of us getting through the next 1000 even is seemingly smaller and smaller every day
 7 years ago '05        #18
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 zkid2121 said:
however we all know how destructive life itself is, Darwin taught us this. full agreement about where we'd be if we survived even another 50000 years.. but the probability of us getting through the next 1000 even is seemingly smaller and smaller every day
This I can also agree with.

It seems highly unlikely the entire human race will survive even the next 1000 years...

But no one really knows... for tens of thousands of years the human race has been around... so who's to say we can't go another 10,000+ years ya know.

Plus you know the smart mother f**kers will be kept alive if anything apocolyptic goes down

Last edited by Freemind; 03-05-2011 at 05:12 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #19
dzPHL 
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 0 0
 Freemind said:
This I can also agree with.

It seems highly unlikely the entire human race will survive even the next 1000 years...

But no one really knows... for the tens of thousands of years the human race has been around... so who's to say we can't go another 10,000+ years ya know.

Plus you know the smart mother f**kers will be kept alive if anything apocolyptic goes down
true that.. this is one subject nobody on this site knows .1% about, but its at least good to see nobodys up in this thread saying its impossible.

these next couple decades are about to be :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '05        #20
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 zkid2121 said:
true that.. this is one subject nobody on this site knows .1% about, but its at least good to see nobodys up in this thread saying its impossible.

these next couple decades are about to be :dancingcool:
Yessir.

Anyone says that its impossible for aliens to exist need to open they're eyes.

EVERY LIVING CREATURE ON EARTH IS AN ALIEN

And the earth is just a grain of sand in the universe.

We're not that special.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy