ESPN Films Presents: The Fab Five (Airs March 13th at 9pm ET)

most viewed right now
 164
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 120
Phat ass white girl for real
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 106
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 102
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #221
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Okay, somebody has to explain this hater stuff to me again. I see everybody throwing the term around on the net, in daily life, on tv and basically everywhere.
What it appears to be is people seeing or hearing someone who disagrees with their opinions or feelings on a matter and because they disagree they are a hater.


Sounds pretty juvenile to me, to say the least. If we are all entitled to our opinion as part of our First Amendment Right to Free Speech then shouldn't I be allowed to not go with popular opinion and say this documentary wasnt good? Feel free to disagree, you're entitled.
well if u call it s**tty cause u knew all this stuff already,how about for people who dont kno this stuff.this group of kids comin up havent lived thru tha 90's and dont kno tha history of tha 5

it was a good doc and informative.and if u pay attention it exposes alotta hypocriscy about tha ncaa

i swear people try to hard to be different
 7 years ago '09        #222
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
 r.burgundy said:
well if u call it s**tty cause u knew all this stuff already,how about for people who dont kno this stuff.this group of kids comin up havent lived thru tha 90's and dont kno tha history of tha 5

it was a good doc and informative.and if u pay attention it exposes alotta hypocriscy about tha ncaa

i swear people try to hard to be different
explain the hypocrisy you mentioned. What was your take? Not being an a**hole just always up for a discussion.
 7 years ago '07        #223
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 Fly 2ndComing said:
explain the hypocrisy you mentioned. What was your take? Not being an a**hole just always up for a discussion.
hypocrisy is when they punish kids for takin money but sell his jersey for 75$ in a store.that s**t is beyond sick.its obvious webber didnt take no 200k while he was enrolled in michigan.so this is clearly after he announced he's goin pro.bob knight can choke a kid,his name still is great,but a koor kid takes some money and he's a scumbag and not good enough to hav his name in thier books
 7 years ago '09        #224
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
 r.burgundy said:
hypocrisy is when they punish kids for takin money but sell his jersey for 75$ in a store.that s**t is beyond sick.its obvious webber didnt take no 200k while he was enrolled in michigan.so this is clearly after he announced he's goin pro.bob knight can choke a kid,his name still is great,but a koor kid takes some money and he's a scumbag and not good enough to hav his name in thier books
Are you basing this off of your personal knowledge or Mitch Albom's take on the situation? How does he know if Webber did or did not take money? How do you know? How do we know if any of the players did?

Why is it wrong for the school to make money off of the teams they pay money to put together? They provide free educations, meals, gear, insurance, travel, medical treatment, room and board, training and many other things to athletes. Not just basketball or football players but every sport they have. How many student athletes do you think that is? Do that math and see the total number. What if the merchandise sold is to account for those costs that way they can use the game revenues for facilities upkeep coaches and athletic administration salaries?
Yeah, Football and basketball players bring in the bulk of that money but I don't hear swimmers, baseball players, women's basketball players or any of the other sports athletes complaining about not being able to have enough money to get by? I don't see them taking illegal benefits to play because they wanna go on a date. So, why is it football and basketball players always have to? Why are they so entitled?


Last edited by That Guy Fly; 03-14-2011 at 02:08 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #225
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
Oh yeah, Bobby Knight was wrong as f**k for choking Neil Reed. As the adult and person in charge in that situation no matter what happened you arent supposed to lose your cool. You cant ever do that. That kid could have been the biggest a**hole around and done s**t we may have not known about but as the adult Knight knew better.
 7 years ago '07        #226
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Are you basing this off of your personal knowledge or Mitch Albom's take on the situation? How does he know if Webber did or did not take money? How do you know? How do we know if any of the players did?
Why is it wrong for the school to make money off of the teams they pay money to put together? They provide free educations, meals, gear, insurance, travel, medical treatment, room and board, training and many other things to athletes. Not just basketball or football players but every sport they have. How many student athletes do you think that is? Do that math and see the total number. What if the merchandise sold is to account for those costs that way they can use the game revenues for facilities upkeep coaches and athletic administration salaries?

Yeah, Football and basketball players bring in the bulk of that money but I don't hear swimmers, baseball players, women's basketball players or any of the other sports athletes complaining about not being able to have enough money to get by? I don't see them taking illegal benefits to play because they wanna go on a date. So, why is it football and basketball players always have to? Why are they so entitled?
basing this off personal,plus that documentary.tha point isnt wether they took money,we know they took money.point is how tha hell can u tell an impoverished athlete not to take money when he goes in footlocker and sees his jersey for sale for 75$.u wanna erase this kid out tha books but guys like bob knight are ok

if tuition at these schools was free,then u would hav a very valid point.but im guessin u dont know how a scholarship works so ima break it down 4 u
scholarships are not for 4 years.they are renewed each year.even if u get a full ride u still hav to fill out financial aid forms.kids like rose and webber who come from tha hood will get a majority of tha cost paid for by financial aid.so in essence tha gov pays for tha bulk of their scholarship

2 totally different demographics of people when dealin in swimmers,baseball,etc.we wouldnt kno if they complain cause they dont hav tha same platform or bring in tha same money.and honesly i dont really hav a prob wit schools makin money but i do hav a huge problem wit tha ncaa makin billions to do absolutely nothin but make rules

and just to highlight how retarded and hypocritical it is,richard jefferson was suspended at arizona for bill walton givin him tickets to a laker game.rich and luke walton are and hav been best friends for a long time

tha ncaa,limits kids to 1 sanctioned ncaa tourney per summer.y is that?because they are protectin their investments.they try and control every last aspects of these kids lives.so if your ginna treat kids like a commodity,then they need to be compensated,if your not gonna pay up,then dont try and tell them who they can take what from

and as u said,football and bball deserve entitlement cause they literally rake in billions for people who could care less about them.ea sports is makin money off these guys,footlocker,etc etc.everybody profits except for tha athlete
 7 years ago '10        #227
Like Kobe 
space
space
space
$2,648 | Props total: 837 837
 Zab_JudahX said:
Fab five paved the way for all urban college athletes after 1993
UNLV was before them but yea.. they probably had more impact just cause they were doin it at a more prestigious school in michigan
 03-14-2011, 03:57 AM         #228
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Once again, another one of these 30 for 30's that didnt shed any light on something new. I knew about everything they spoke of in this documentary. I knew Webber was kinda b**ch like. I knew these n*ggas were s**t talkers and "kept it real" but never won s**t for all the talking and c*ckiness they had from college through the pros and even now.

s**tty doc in my opinion. f**king idiots if I must say so myself.

Jimmy >>>>>>>>>>>> Martin Luther
 03-14-2011, 04:24 AM         #229
eyerocket05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mike Nitty said:
Cmon Bruh...I'll just tell you my cuz played LB in the league and him and a current Pittsburgh Steeler went to the same High School and was a package deal at Michigan.
Dam not my n*gga larry foot lmao
 7 years ago '09        #230
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
 r.burgundy said:
basing this off personal,plus that documentary.tha point isnt wether they took money,we know they took money.point is how tha hell can u tell an impoverished athlete not to take money when he goes in footlocker and sees his jersey for sale for 75$.u wanna erase this kid out tha books but guys like bob knight are ok

if tuition at these schools was free,then u would hav a very valid point.but im guessin u dont know how a scholarship works so ima break it down 4 u
scholarships are not for 4 years.they are renewed each year.even if u get a full ride u still hav to fill out financial aid forms.kids like rose and webber who come from tha hood will get a majority of tha cost paid for by financial aid.so in essence tha gov pays for tha bulk of their scholarship

2 totally different demographics of people when dealin in swimmers,baseball,etc.we wouldnt kno if they complain cause they dont hav tha same platform or bring in tha same money.and honesly i dont really hav a prob wit schools makin money but i do hav a huge problem wit tha ncaa makin billions to do absolutely nothin but make rules

and just to highlight how retarded and hypocritical it is,richard jefferson was suspended at arizona for bill walton givin him tickets to a laker game.rich and luke walton are and hav been best friends for a long time

tha ncaa,limits kids to 1 sanctioned ncaa tourney per summer.y is that?because they are protectin their investments.they try and control every last aspects of these kids lives.so if your ginna treat kids like a commodity,then they need to be compensated,if your not gonna pay up,then dont try and tell them who they can take what from

and as u said,football and bball deserve entitlement cause they literally rake in billions for people who could care less about them.ea sports is makin money off these guys,footlocker,etc etc.everybody profits except for tha athlete
Trust me, I'm fully aware of how the system works inside and out. Richard Jefferson isn't Bill Walton's kid or relative so by the rules he wasnt supposed to accept those tickets. Another reason why they can't allow this kind of stuff to be allowed because if they did what would stop people from just giving guys cars, houses, and who knows what else. Now, dont get me wrong the NCAA the way they work right now is flawed too. But, I'll take that over opening the floodgates and saying give athletes part of any revenue thats generated or paying them salaries.
I cant agree with that because the goal originally is to get an education and be an athlete 2nd. Then, we have the problem of guys only being there just to get to the next level and what do you do with those guys. I addressed that in another thread.

Also, why is it everybody says its okay or they feel the athlete when they circumvent these rules but said Brandon Davies knew the rules when he signed the papers to follow BYU's rules? Well, these high profile guys we all love and cheer for like The Fab Five, Reggie Bush, Corey Maggette, Terrelle Pryor and the many countless others all signed on knowing the rules and broke them. So, what makes their case so different
 7 years ago '07        #231
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Trust me, I'm fully aware of how the system works inside and out. Richard Jefferson isn't Bill Walton's kid or relative so by the rules he wasnt supposed to accept those tickets. Another reason why they can't allow this kind of stuff to be allowed because if they did what would stop people from just giving guys cars, houses, and who knows what else. Now, dont get me wrong the NCAA the way they work right now is flawed too. But, I'll take that over opening the floodgates and saying give athletes part of any revenue thats generated or paying them salaries.
I cant agree with that because the goal originally is to get an education and be an athlete 2nd. Then, we have the problem of guys only being there just to get to the next level and what do you do with those guys. I addressed that in another thread.

Also, why is it everybody says its okay or they feel the athlete when they circumvent these rules but said Brandon Davies knew the rules when he signed the papers to follow BYU's rules? Well, these high profile guys we all love and cheer for like The Fab Five, Reggie Bush, Corey Maggette, Terrelle Pryor and the many countless others all signed on knowing the rules and broke them. So, what makes their case so different
which highlites tha absurdity of it

u dont neccesaarrily hav to pay a salary but dont tell a kid he cant profit when your makin a profit.and again im talkin ncaa,not tha school.their was a girl from my hood name niesha butler,she went to gtech.spoke lee wrote love and bball for her,ncaa said she cant film it.dont tell a kid they cant at least work for extra money

these kids arent bein recruited to be students 1st,and like i said,for poorer kids,which is where majority of tha talent comes from uncle sam is footin tha bill.so sell that nonsense to some1 else
every person in college is there tryin to get to tha next level.thats tha purpose of it.

davies thing is religious.if thats his faith then hey

they should break them cause they are gettin pimped out.if i was a mega recruit i would be tha same way.give me every dime i can get.this s**t is modern slavery what these athletes are doin.bring somebody billions while workin for free.and no a 20k scholarship doesnt = what these guys rake in
 7 years ago '09        #232
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
 r.burgundy said:
which highlites tha absurdity of it

u dont neccesaarrily hav to pay a salary but dont tell a kid he cant profit when your makin a profit.and again im talkin ncaa,not tha school.their was a girl from my hood name niesha butler,she went to gtech.spoke lee wrote love and bball for her,ncaa said she cant film it.dont tell a kid they cant at least work for extra money

these kids arent bein recruited to be students 1st,and like i said,for poorer kids,which is where majority of tha talent comes from uncle sam is footin tha bill.so sell that nonsense to some1 else
every person in college is there tryin to get to tha next level.thats tha purpose of it.

davies thing is religious.if thats his faith then hey

they should break them cause they are gettin pimped out.if i was a mega recruit i would be tha same way.give me every dime i can get.this s**t is modern slavery what these athletes are doin.bring somebody billions while workin for free.and no a 20k scholarship doesnt = what these guys rake in
Once again, its not just a scholarship. In the absolute most cases they receive meals, room and board, insurance, training, travel fees, per diems, free clothing, free shoes, and no expenses as an athlete. Their only expense is if they want to have their own stock of food in the dorm/apt, want to take a chick out or hang out with their boys. In that case, none of what they need for school is a cost to them so where does their outside money go to. For the ones that come from impoverished backgrounds they are eligible for Pell Grants and such that gives them in most cases at least $2100 a semester. What are they doing with that money if the school/scholarship/athletic team they play for provides them with meals every day and while they travel to play games? They dont have bills to pay so what explains it.

If they are so strapped for cash and cant live like a college student or they really need to help their families then get a 9-5. Or they can take all the things granted them for having the skill to play a sport and use that scholarship to better themselves. It also a.ssures them that they get something out of the deal. You're only a slave if you go to college and dont get your degree.


Is the system flawed from many angles, sure. But, just as much as the NCAA is archaic, selfish and wrong so are the athletes that say they should be paid or take money under the table. Especially when the only players you ever see saying that are star basketball and football players. Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan said they didnt need to be paid in college. They got by just fine.
 7 years ago '07        #233
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Once again, its not just a scholarship. In the absolute most cases they receive meals, room and board, insurance, training, travel fees, per diems, free clothing, free shoes, and no expenses as an athlete. Their only expense is if they want to have their own stock of food in the dorm/apt, want to take a chick out or hang out with their boys. In that case, none of what they need for school is a cost to them so where does their outside money go to. For the ones that come from impoverished backgrounds they are eligible for Pell Grants and such that gives them in most cases at least $2100 a semester. What are they doing with that money if the school/scholarship/athletic team they play for provides them with meals every day and while they travel to play games? They dont have bills to pay so what explains it.

If they are so strapped for cash and cant live like a college student or they really need to help their families then get a 9-5. Or they can take all the things granted them for having the skill to play a sport and use that scholarship to better themselves. It also a.ssures them that they get something out of the deal. You're only a slave if you go to college and dont get your degree.


Is the system flawed from many angles, sure. But, just as much as the NCAA is archaic, selfish and wrong so are the athletes that say they should be paid or take money under the table. Especially when the only players you ever see saying that are star basketball and football players. Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan said they didnt need to be paid in college. They got by just fine.
once again.schools like michigan that have enrollments of ova 10,000 students,are just fine.they dont need sports to function.so please believe if they were losin money on athletics,it wouldnt be there.whateva they spend on an athlete is comin back x10

bottom line is this.would u make somebody a million and let them pay u wit room and board and tha prospect of possibly gettin a job in 4 years makin nowhere close to 1 million?

jordan and magic come from decent backgrounds.jordan in paticular
 7 years ago '04        #234
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
I'm watching it now...i'll never forget that Chris Webber time out :frown:, worst Michigan sports moment that I've ever had


Last edited by TheMagicMan; 03-14-2011 at 01:07 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #235
homme 59 heat pts59
space
avatar space
space
$9,367 | Props total: 2081 2081
anyone have a link? had a stupid store meeting last night and had to miss it.
 7 years ago '08        #237
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
I watched this then turned it to HBO to watch the Running Rebels documentary.

The UNLV one was better.
 7 years ago '09        #238
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
 Tecnique said:
I watched this then turned it to HBO to watch the Running Rebels documentary.

The UNLV one was better.
I agree
 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM         #239
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didn't even know there was a UNLV doc on HBO yesterday
 7 years ago '04        #240
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 792 792
Jalen Rose said what I've been saying all along about Duke

they get buy recruiting crackas and sucka a.ss n*ggas so the NCAA and their refs love them for it

and any black people that like duke are some coons

I watched the UNLV one when it premiered...it was eh, didn't talk enough to the players

has anyone seen a dl link for the fab 5 one?


Last edited by Liquid-Science; 03-14-2011 at 01:56 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 40
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
152 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
145 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy