VOTE: Xbox LIVE vs. Playstation Network [No Fanboyism Allowed]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which online gaming service is better?
Playstation Network 43 32.09%
Xbox LIVE 91 67.91%
Voters: 134. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Reppindaburghh said:
Now your one of the most informative guys in this section and you know I have come, and will continue to come, to you for advice on several topics but..... let me find out you just compared a 50 THOUSAND dollar difference between cars to a 50 dollar difference in paying for online service.....

C'mon, bro. You know and I know that at heart you are a Sony fanboy through and through. Nothing wrong with that, but you are sounding EXTREMELY illogical with the post I just quoted.
What he's trying to say is the value of anything varies from person to person. It's not about having the money to pay for it, it's about whether you find it worth it to pay. Say I play mostly single player games, and all of my friends have a PS3, why would I pay? Just for the f**k of it? That's a waste of money, no matter the amount. It could go elsewhere. Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you should pay for it.
 7 years ago '04        #42
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 Reppindaburghh said:
Now you're one of the most informative guys in this section and you know I have come, and will continue to come, to you for advice on several topics but..... let me find out you just compared a 50 THOUSAND dollar difference between cars to a 50 dollar difference in paying for online service.....

C'mon, bro. You know and I know that at heart you are a Sony fanboy through and through. Nothing wrong with that, but you are sounding EXTREMELY illogical with the post I just quoted.
 MumblesDaHumble said:
50,000 a year is a lot different then 50
The amoutn a year wasn't the point i was making...the point was I can find other things to do by any money I can save... Maybe i'm different because I have three kids, so $5 a month to me is an extra pack of diapers to me, or a couple extra things of juice for my kids to drink...that was my point whether it's a measely $5 a month or a $50 grand a year, I can find something better to do with any money saved... which is why to me I prefer PSN, and since I don't even use any extra features of EITHER service other than getting online...Psn is equal to XBl to me...

Like I said I put a disk in the system and go online....I don't care about ESPN 3, I dont' care abotu cross game chat, I don't care PS 3having a web browser, I don't care about any of the extras, II just want to put a game in the system and go online, if I can save $5 a month doing that then f**k it i'm all over it...

DOESN'T MAKE ME POOR, OR AN IDIOT OR A FANBOY... makes me have an extra $5 a month...

and how you figure i'm a fanboy? am I supportive of SONY? yes do I talk s**t when they f**k up? yes.. .that alone makes me not a fanboy...fanboys systems dont' have ANY faults...I just made fun of Sony the other day for taking some L's in Europe and s**t...a fanboy would NEVER say anything negative about their system...that reason alone makes me not a fanboy...
 7 years ago '04        #43
space
space
 kuruption said:
What he's trying to say is the value of anything varies from person to person. It's not about having the money to pay for it, it's about whether you find it worth it to pay. Say I play mostly single player games, and all of my friends have a PS3, why would I pay? Just for the f**k of it? That's a waste of money, no matter the amount. It could go elsewhere. Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you should pay for it.
Thank you for having some brains...must a "grown folk" thing on here i guess
 7 years ago '04        #44
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
PSN wins because it's free
 7 years ago '05        #45
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7113 7113
 Da Ill One said:
The amoutn a year wasn't the point i was making...the point was I can find other things to do by any money I can save... Maybe i'm different because I have three kids, so $5 a month to me is an extra pack of diapers to me, or a couple extra things of juice for my kids to drink...that was my point whether it's a measely $5 a month or a $50 grand a year, I can find something better to do with any money saved... which is why to me I prefer PSN, and since I don't even use any extra features of EITHER service other than getting online...Psn is equal to XBl to me...

Like I said I put a disk in the system and go online....I don't care about ESPN 3, I dont' care abotu cross game chat, I don't care PS 3having a web browser, I don't care about any of the extras, II just want to put a game in the system and go online, if I can save $5 a month doing that then f**k it i'm all over it...

DOESN'T MAKE ME POOR, OR AN IDIOT OR A FANBOY... makes me have an extra $5 a month...

and how you figure i'm a fanboy? am I supportive of SONY? yes do I talk s**t when they f**k up? yes.. .that alone makes me not a fanboy...fanboys systems dont' have ANY faults...I just made fun of Sony the other day for taking some L's in Europe and s**t...a fanboy would NEVER say anything negative about their system...that reason alone makes me not a fanboy...
I mean you are the first one to point out anything that Sony does positive, and rarely the first one to point out when Microsoft does something positive.

Also, if 5 dollars a month is a big deal to you and you need that to buy diapers, then more power to you and keep doing your thing, no hate from me, but that isn't a dealbreaker to the average person.

Riddle me this: If you could swap X-Box live with PSN and keep everything else about your PS3 the same, games, controllers, graphics capabilities and all, you're telling me you wouldn't take that deal?
 7 years ago '05        #46
space
space
 kuruption said:
I understand the point he was trying to make. It was just a horrible analogy.

... The fact that you have friends on one service should have ZERO impact on whether you think that service is better then another service. It may make it more convenient for you, but it should have ZERO impact if you were to sit down and fiddle with both services and then write a review on both of them.

This thread, the way I took it, was about which service was superior. Not which was more convenient.

X-Box live is FAR superior to PSN.

My opinion.
 7 years ago '05        #47
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Thank you for having some brains...must a "grown folk" thing on here i guess

Ok, I guess I'm immature because I see a difference between comparing 50 grand to 50 bucks, millionaire or not.

If you want to take shots at me for no reason, you can eat a d!ck. When I listed the 3 options of idiot, fanboy, and broke, I had you in mind under fanboy, I wasn't trying to insult you. Clean the sand out of your v*gina and think logically.
 7 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I understand the point he was trying to make. It was just a horrible analogy.

... The fact that you have friends on one service should have ZERO impact on whether you think that service is better then another service. It may make it more convenient for you, but it should have ZERO impact if you were to sit down and fiddle with both services and then write a review on both of them.

This thread, the way I took it, was about which service was superior. Not which was more convenient.

X-Box live is FAR superior to PSN.

My opinion.
I have them both, I'm just commenting on what Ill was trying to say. I've also said that I think Live is the better service in this thread.
 7 years ago '04        #49
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I mean you are the first one to point out anything that Sony does positive, and rarely the first one to point out when Microsoft does something positive.

Also, if 5 dollars a month is a big deal to you and you need that to buy diapers, then more power to you and keep doing your thing, no hate from me, but that isn't a dealbreaker to the average person.

Riddle me this: If you could swap X-Box live with PSN and keep everything else about your PS3 the same, games, controllers, graphics capabilities and all, you're telling me you wouldn't take that deal?
Can I put a disk in the system and go onlne? if so then a swab wouldn't matter to me... honestly, the ONLY feature I use on either system is put a game in the tray and play...THAT's IT... If there is a game I want on PSN or XBL when I had XBL I would go grab it and play it...other than that the insides dont' matter to me... I just put a game in and go online...nothing else
 7 years ago '05        #50
space
space
 kuruption said:
I have them both, I'm just commenting on what Ill was trying to say. I've also said that I think Live is the better service in this thread.
I understand and I know you weren't voicing your opinion, you were rationalizing Ill's. You didn't explain anything to me, though, I already interpreted it the way he meant it to be interpreted, that doesn't change the fact that it was an absolutely ridiculous analogy.
 7 years ago '04        #51
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I understand and I know you weren't voicing your opinion, you were rationalizing Ill's. You didn't explain anything to me, though, I already interpreted it the way he meant it to be interpreted, that doesn't change the fact that it was an absolutely ridiculous analogy.
If you understood what he was saying, then the analogy horrible or not doesn't matter.
 7 years ago '04        #52
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:

Ok, guess I'm immature because I see a difference between comparing 50 grand to 50 bucks, millionaire or not.

If you want to take shots at me for no reason, you can eat a d!ck. When I listed the 3 options of idiot, fanboy, and broke, I had you in mind under fanboy, I wasn't trying to insult you. Clean the sand out of your v*gina and think logically.
I wasn't dissing you homie...I was just saying that noone else seems to understand that some people can find other things to do with $5 a month... and $5 a month isn't that much of a deal to me just I can find stuff to do with $5 a month instead of paying to go online...especially when there is a free alternative available was my whole point...sorry if I came off wrong, I just do get insulted when I people say stuff like "oh you can't afford $5 a month so you must be broke" even if you had me down as a fanboy, you included in the whole being broke part...

and sligfhtly off topic...I also HATe when people say stupid s**t like "oh you don't like this or that game so you must suck at it"... like what kind of f**ked rationale is that...I don't like a game so I must suck at it...
 7 years ago '05        #53
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Can I put a disk in the system and go onlne? if so then a swab wouldn't matter to me... honestly, the ONLY feature I use on either system is put a game in the tray and play...THAT's IT... If there is a game I want on PSN or XBL when I had XBL I would go grab it and play it...other than that the insides dont' matter to me... I just put a game in and go online...nothing else
Ok. Then you are saying PSN = X-Box Live in your opinion.

Yet, I'd be willing to bet you voted PSN.

So the price is the SINGLE determining factor for you. Understood.

I don't use any features on Live that PSN doesn't have other then party chat ( at a few people in here acting as if that is a lame feature. I won't even comment in depth on that.), I just prefer the layout of Live and that user friendly layout ALONE is worth 50 dollars a year to me. I am a single dude with no kids though and I'm only worried about providing for myself, so again I'm not taking shots at anyone who the 50 dollars is a big deal to. Just stating that its laughable when Sony fanboys act as if that should be a deciding factor to the average person.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 03-03-2011 at 05:54 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #54
space
space
 kuruption said:
If you understood what he was saying, then the analogy horrible or not doesn't matter.
I understood what he was saying and I disagreed with it. What don't you understand? First of all, if I had hundreds of millions of dollars, yes I'd spend the 50 thousand extra dollars to get the best quality, no matter how minimal, I'd want the top of the line. Now if I only had 1 million dollars in my bank account, I'd obviously sacrifice the quality to save myself 50 thousand dollars. Thats the equivalent of a person with 500 dollars in his bank account saving 50 dollars on PSN. If you have 500 dollars max in your bank account at all times, you are broke.

My opinion. No offense to anyone, I'm hardly balling, but I at least have a few thousand dollars in the bank at all times.
 7 years ago '04        #55
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Ok. Then you are saying PSN = X-Box Live in your opinion.

Yet, I'd be willing to bet you bet PSN.

So the price is the SINGLE determining factor for you. Understood.

I don't use any features on Live that PSN doesn't have other then party chat ( at a few people in here acting as if that is a lame feature. I won't even comment in depth on that.), I just prefer the layout of Live and that user friendly layout ALONE is worth 50 dollars a year to me. I am a single dude with no kids though and I'm only worried about providing for myself, so again I'm not taking shots at anyone who the 50 dollars is a big deal to. Just stating that its laughable when Sony fanboys act as if that should be a deciding factor to the average person.
Feel free to comment, because I know your talking about me as I am the only one who said it's lame. I'm not going to call you immature, but I am older and it seems like most of the people who liking it are in the 17-24 age bracket and that ain't me. I have no issues with party chat if we are all playing the same game, but personally I think it's the lamest idea ever to chat with your friends when you're playing a completely different game, a single player game at that. I'm not in High School, or college for that matter. If I want to talk to a friend I will pause the game and pick up the phone. I'll ask you the same thing I asked Kegar, what exactly do you talk about?
 7 years ago '05        #56
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
I wasn't dissing you homie...I was just saying that noone else seems to understand that some people can find other things to do with $5 a month... and $5 a month isn't that much of a deal to me just I can find stuff to do with $5 a month instead of paying to go online...especially when there is a free alternative available was my whole point...sorry if I came off wrong, I just do get insulted when I people say stuff like "oh you can't afford $5 a month so you must be broke" even if you had me down as a fanboy, you included in the whole being broke part...
I threw in 3 separate options, I didn't say you had to fall under all 3. I'm not even sure why you take offense when people call you a Sony fan boy, there is nothing wrong with that at all. I was a 360 fanboy for years until recently and if somebody called me a fanboy I'd hit'm with the because they were telling the truth. No offense in that.

and sligfhtly off topic...I also HATe when people say stupid s**t like "oh you don't like this or that game so you must suck at it"... like what kind of f**ked rationale is that...I don't like a game so I must suck at it...
I understand you said slightly off topic, but seeing as you included it in a post directed at me I hope that wasn't aimed at me because I am not one of those type of people.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 03-03-2011 at 05:27 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #57
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
it's true for a lot of people

that's y games are dumbed down..perfect example is the transition from street f!ghter 3 to street f!ghter 4....or the difference between mw1 and mw2(mainly oma and commando)
It's not true for all people though. I hated Red Dead Redemption and I had no problem with the difficulty of it. I just didn't like it at all and it wasn't entertaining to me. He was referring to people who just a.ssume you are garbage at any popular game that you don't like.
 7 years ago '04        #58
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I threw in 3 separate options, I didn't say you had to fall under all 3. I'm not even sure why you take offense when people call you a Sony fan boy, there is nothing wrong with that at all. I was a 360 fanboy for years until recently and if somebody called me a fanboy I'd hit'm with the because they were telling the truth. No offense in that.

I understand you said slightly off topic, but seeing as you included it in a post directed at me I hope that wasn't aimed at me because I am not one of those type of people.
No it definatley wasn't aimed at you...I just threw it in that post to you because I was saying how I hated being called a broke fanboy... it was just another one of those "I hate this while i'm at it" things...
 7 years ago '04        #59
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I understood what he was saying and I disagreed with it. What don't you understand? First of all, if I had hundreds of millions of dollars, yes I'd spend the 50 thousand extra dollars to get the best quality, no matter how minimal, I'd want the top of the line. Now if I only had 1 million dollars in my bank account, I'd obviously sacrifice the quality to save myself 50 thousand dollars. Thats the equivalent of a person with 500 dollars in his bank account saving 50 dollars on PSN. If you have 500 dollars max in your bank account at all times, you are broke.

My opinion. No offense to anyone, I'm hardly balling, but I at least have a few thousand dollars in the bank at all times.
If you have no reason to use it you're wasting the money regardless of what you have in the bank. I don't even see what the point in bringing up your bank account was. Tell me, what's the point in spending money on something you don't use? You just do it because you can? That makes sense.
 7 years ago '05        #60
space
space
 kuruption said:
Feel free to comment, because I know your talking about me as I am the only one who said it's lame. I'm not going to call you immature, but I am older and it seems like most of the people who liking it are in the 17-24 age bracket and that ain't me. I have no issues with party chat if we are all playing the same game, but personally I think it's the lamest idea ever to chat with your friends when you're playing a completely different game, a single player game at that. I'm not in High School, or college for that matter. If I want to talk to a friend I will pause the game and pick up the phone. I'll ask you the same thing I asked Kegar, what exactly do you talk about?
I normally don't use party chat to talk to anybody playing a different game than me. I have done that a few times when I'm playing a game and my brother is playing a game, we might bulls**t and catch up for awhile because he lives in LA. It's clutch to use when you are playing the same game with multiple friends and want some privacy from the rest of the room, including your own team, thats what I use it for.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 03-03-2011 at 05:33 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy