Lupe explains how Atlantic told him to dumb it down, took away his budget, and held him hostage

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-03-2011, 07:18 PM         #81
Hustle N Flow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lasers Lost...

:iough:
 7 years ago '09        #82
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,700 | Props total: 13247 13247
f**k commercial s**t, he should just do that as some side s**t. Have 1st and 15th drop his mixtapes, his true fans will listen to his real words. f**k all that commercial s**t anyways
 7 years ago '05        #83
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
 Ace2125 said:
n*ggas like you make hiphop enjoyable f*cking lame prob somewhere doing the damn superman or making rain like a trick
and i bet im doing that s**t wit b**ches around me...Music is made for ENTERTAINMENT dont get your panties n a bunch pus*y
 7 years ago '06        #84
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,357 | Props total: 835 835
I love Lupe's first 2 albums but this dude is such a lame....
 03-03-2011, 07:50 PM         #85
MGOINS27  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that is some real live bs...labels want the artist to make music that is selling...but really is garbage..i.e. Waka and Gucci
 7 years ago '04        #86
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 jeehtoven said:
he seems intelligent...he should have known about some of this. Most of his gripes have been mentioned before by other artists.

Look at Prince.
bro see thats what yall are not seeing when a label approaches you paly them what you did on your own and they absolutely love it, they love the way you are how you dress what you rap about the whole 9 but as soon as talks get serious or after you sign they try to change you I've dealt with the same bulls**t from label A&R's these are things you only see if you do music on a professional level s**t is very emotionally taxing but you are so passionate and invested in it you go along with it because this s**t is our lives and its very hard to let go.
 03-03-2011, 08:17 PM         #87
atl12o13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is depressing,they broke that mans dreams.Its not the worst album ever,but its not him,and you can tell it really bothers him.I saw on twitter how unhappy he was with the release.Im a fan,but its sad bc i hate seeing intelligent,creative people,who actually have something they wanna say just broken.Somebody needs to do something,buy his contract out or something.Beautiful Lasers and words i never said sound like lupe,like what i would love to have a full album off,and it will never happen on atlantic.
 03-03-2011, 08:26 PM         #88
atl12o13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Woodwin said:
So does the label they gotta make sure they gettin money to...Hes signed to Them not the other way around. Situation sucks but he put himself in it

I agree with you but i hope they see the mistake.No way this album has plat singles,grammy nods,or goes gold...I see everyone involved taking an L here,including the fans of his music.
 7 years ago '05        #89
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
 atl12o13 said:
I agree with you but i hope they see the mistake.No way this album has plat singles,grammy nods,or goes gold...I see everyone involved taking an L here,including the fans of his music.
i feel the same way...he not happy they not happy s**t just a horrible situation all around
 7 years ago '06        #90
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
As a fan I would love a mixtape, but as an artist I don't know if I would release all my most heart felt s**t for free. A lot of blood sweat and tears went into writing them songs. Can you imagine the time and energy that went into writing songs like american terrorists, the cool, hurt me soul, etc. Then to turn around and just give s**t away for free. Not to mention the label probably got the rights to the songs because they helped finance them.

Some people on are here are idiots, Lupe and B.o.B dont have the same fan base, nobody really knew who B.o.B was before, his whole identity is Nothing on You and Airplanes. Lasers aint 100% garbage but it also isn't half of a a F&L or the Cool. Lyrically it is nowhere near those two albums. Production is good but it is not what alot of his fans want to hear. We looking for some J-Dilla, Kanye, Premeir, more soulful, or dark sounding beats, not this happy going green auto tune crap. He aint fell off either, SLR, ABE, and I'm Beaming are proof of that.

Just because his subject matter wasnt dumbed down his delivery was. At the end of the day this album might sell more than the other two, the Show Goes on Seems to be doing real well. I wish the label would of promoted I'm Beaming better and released the album around the time that came out, just about everyone that hears that song likes it but it was slept on with no promotion. They have been promoting Lasers though because I've been hearing all the songs on sportscenter.

I'm hoping he bounces back like Nas after Nastradomas or Common after Electric Circus.
 7 years ago '04        #91
OaklandsFinest 
space
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 25 25
Even if Lupe wasn't with Atlantic his a.ss wouldn't blow up anyways. lol... He's garbage.
 7 years ago '06        #92
J.Shykes 
space
space
$1,126 | Props total: 1082 1082
At the end of the day, Lupe could have held out and made the album he wanted to or at least found a way to release the material that he approved of. The fact that he's blaming the label when he had offers from Jay-Z to cut a deal show that he gave in to the pressure and made the album Atlantic's way. Lupe has credentials. He's won Grammy's, had a hot single in Superstar and had a ton of acclaim for both Food and Liquor and The Cool. He had the clout to say that he was going to do what he wanted to do; he just didn't do it.

The sad thing is, I bet his a.ss wouldn't be releasing this statement if we gave the album better reviews.
 7 years ago '06        #93
damn_ryght 
space
space
$2,805 | Props total: 785 785
"real talk, if u wanna keep doin all that deep rap s**t and stay broke thenstay independent and dont sign with a major label. if you wanna make some coin then cop a catchy beat and sell out."

[pic - click to view]

smh on all these n*ggas who wants to keep makin real hip hop and make money. adapt to the game and you'll win.

go get dat paper wiz, you deserve it...i aint hatin
 7 years ago '07        #94
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,036 | Props total: 3319 3319
A greatest hits album? Already? Besides the mixtapes, n*gga only really got maybe a few hits. s**t Jay-Z just now pushing out his
 7 years ago '10        #95
Chi city Che 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 1 1
Lupe should hook up with TWO RAPPERS......................

QWEL
[pic - click to view]

or instead hop on a beat produced by Maker.

OR

IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE
[pic - click to view]

:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '09        #96
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,914 | Props total: 1669 1669
Peanut brain should've dropped mixtapes etc stay on his grind and his buzz would be so f**king high he could do w/e he wants. Now he crying about the label doing him bad.
 7 years ago '04        #97
jholla31 
space
space
$668 | Props total: 245 245
Woe with me, this is clearly not the album he planned to release, I have been the meetings leading up to a final release, for those of you who don't know, the record execs have you record around 20-25 songs for a release of a album they take which ones they will think will have the most appeal to the general public at that time and list those as the final pull list for an album. what it sounds like to me is that they switched it up on him at the last minute led him to believe that he would have say in 60% of the track listening when he prob only got 25% to 30%. this stuff happens all the time. yo would not comprehend how this affects a lot of the music yo hear #####SATE RUN RADIO#####
 7 years ago '04        #98
Part2 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 0 0
 KCK said:
The funny thing about all this is that "Lasers" is not a horrible album.

It's merely a good album, which is a disappointment. It's why everybody is trashing it. Lupe has loftier expectations, for better or worse.
Basically. I still like it but it's nothing on his first two. I like it far more than say, B.O.B's album.
 03-04-2011, 02:40 AM         #99
Contagioso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lyrical.obsessi said:
thats what i got outta what i read... record companies are jokes
i say we bootlegg music and never buy an album again

that will show them
 7 years ago '04        #100
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,048 | Props total: 4840 4840
Atlantic is a joke of a label. The Cool was the best album of 2007 and they claim that ain't s**t anymore.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
93 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy