Lupe explains how Atlantic told him to dumb it down, took away his budget, and held him hostage

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1487 1487
 Gm0ney85 said:
c'mon bruh.. this is a sitcky situation tho..

on one hand, a n*gga gotta eat..

on another hand.. a n*gga gotta stand up for what he believes in..

So does the label they gotta make sure they gettin money to...Hes signed to Them not the other way around. Situation sucks but he put himself in it
 7 years ago '04        #62
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,097 | Props total: 4108 4108
 RYLNYC said:
The funny thing is Lupe keeps complaining and coming up with stupid excuses, but after everything, "Lasers" was a fairly solid album with some great songs.

It was completely different from his first 2 albums, so I definitely believe that Atlantic forced a lot of the production/producers on him and even went as far as having some lyrics written for the album before Lupe even knew. And I do believe that Lupe's original vision for "Lasers" would've been doper and more intelligent, but the Atlantic version isn't bad at all so why complain?

If it was really that serious, Lupe should just drop street albums from now on and give Atlantic the finger. But just like any artist enslaved, he wants the money. Complain all you want, but Atlantic cut your check so I know you're happy at the end.
It's an overreaction and I'm sick of it too. People say this album is garbage when truth is, it's pretty raw if you ask me. Just with different beats. But since it's not what you bums wanted, you call it garbage.
 7 years ago '05        #63
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1487 1487
 J Rob said:
I love how people are attacking the artist instead of the label And y'all expect hip hop to change
That like people signing with Diddy...he s**t him on they money n then they complain...n*ggas know they dirty.

He prolly was quick to sign the deal and aint iron out the wrinkles...prolly dont have creative control or nothing which is his fault
 03-03-2011, 04:15 PM         #64
Lyriceater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd hit that Atlantic ho. She look good enough.
 7 years ago '08        #65
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,683 | Props total: 3423 3423
Lupe sounds better on G.O.O.D can't wait for ye to sign em
 7 years ago '04        #66
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,325 | Props total: 512 512
 Woodwin said:
f**k yall n*ggas mad for people finding certain music enjoyable? dont get mad lupes label think that n*gga wack and want him to go mainstream cause he aint makin them no money...s**t if i had an artist signed to my label and he aint movin units u damn sure ima make that n*gga go make my money
n*ggas like you make hiphop enjoyable f*cking lame prob somewhere doing the damn superman or making rain like a trick
 7 years ago '05        #67
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,936 | Props total: 10820 10820
I ain't heard the album yet, but so far I'm hearing that it's not too good.
 7 years ago '04        #68
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
Atlantic stay winning
 7 years ago '09        #69
MOTM 71 heat pts71
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 358 358
 vickfan said:
aint no one said you had to dumb the wohle album down
How you know n*gga
 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM         #70
KCK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The funny thing about all this is that "Lasers" is not a horrible album.

It's merely a good album, which is a disappointment. It's why everybody is trashing it. Lupe has loftier expectations, for better or worse.
 7 years ago '08        #71
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9036 9036
"The Great American Rap Album" was recorded simultaneously with "Lasers." It's a "different sound" and should be released by the end of this year, he said. After that, maybe a greatest hits.

Meanwhile, Fiasco talks like a bored cubicle worker watching the clock, waiting for quitting time.

"There are certain expectations I don't have anymore. There are certain things I'll keep for myself now until they can be received the way I want them to be received. You'll still get albums, and they'll be good."

Good albums? Where?
 7 years ago '05        #72
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
 francnad4 said:
Why do rappers always blame the label...he made the music and pushed them to release it when they didnt want too..he cant really act the victim
ur an idiot
 7 years ago '10        #73
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 The_Legend23 said:
ur an idiot
:cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009:
 03-03-2011, 06:26 PM         #74
steelmagnum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupes album wasnt as good as it could have been we all know that. lyricism was pretty good, but obviously couldve been better with bigger words, more complex cyphers, faster rapping in certain parts, s**t like that. beats were poppy as hell. i felt some of them, but they dont represent lupe at all, compared to his first 2 albums. im sure atlantic shoved mdma down his throat, there were like 5 songs with them on it. in fact, i bet mdma is signed to atlantic too. anyway, when it comes down to it, without the right beats, you cant have your desired flow, and lupe clearly had to work with the beats he was given to sound mainstream. feel bad for him, but everyones gotta eat, right? hopefully release a few sick mixtapes with the real s**t he wanted to release.
 7 years ago '04        #75
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
He should've went the Camron route.

"...ran up in the Sony building, smacked grown folks around like they were only children.
no one outta line, cuz they spotted 9's
I want out and y'all sign on the dotted line!"
 7 years ago '09        #76
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,712 | Props total: 6208 6208
People are acting like he is the 1st musician ever to be signed and have to cater in part to what his bosses want,he is playing with the same deck as most rappers
 7 years ago '04        #77
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,027 | Props total: 2568 2568
How many different stories are there? First it was the whole album is Atlantics fault...then it was they gave me 7 songs...1 of them went to bob, who in turn created a smash hit...so thatís max of 6 on the album, and thatís if they used them all...now its they wanted me to dumb it down...stop insulting your fans.

Bobs on Atlantic, released a "decent" popish album, just like Lupe...then about a month or so later released a mixtape that was almost flawless and was HIS VISION for his album...1 for the employer, 1 for you...

If Lupe's work ethic was better, he could record up to 3-4 albums worth of material on the labels dime, which he would obviously have to recoup from his album sales, but album sale $ is pointless to an artist...so instead of understanding the music business or just business in general (takes $ to make $) he b**ches and disrespects his fan over $800 to record a freestyle (which is f**kin mindblowingly expensive)
 7 years ago '07        #78
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,623 | Props total: 2469 2469
 coolio said:
how many albums is he signed to dropped on atlantic?
5..so two more and he's out that b**ch!!!...but damn lupe should've known better than to sign a 5 album deal with a blood sucking label like atlantic..all they do is f**k over rappers..look what they did with one of the greatest rappers of this generation, in this situation..i hope lupe bounces back from this strong..but it sounds as if he's done trying with atlantic and they next two new albums he'll drop solely to satisfy his contract agreement :(

Last edited by Deniro732; 03-03-2011 at 07:05 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #79
Tekniqs 
space
space
space
$148 | Props total: 17 17
shining down/go to sleep/i'm beamin' s**ts on pretty much every track on the album...imagine what the original LASERS was going to be like before atlantic pushed the bulls**t on him

FRIEND OF THE PEOPLE
 7 years ago '04        #80
Kingbee1979 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,459 | Props total: 73 73
Record Labels are the death of alot of Artists.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy