most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #61
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 791 791
I cosign with everyone who said they woudn't go there. All the liq and a.ss that's available....your bound to get into something. s**t I would have been out for drinking tea.
 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM         #62
usarmyboy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mormons = dumb dumb dumb dumb!
 7 years ago '04        #63
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 TheMagicMan said:

this is COLLEGE not high school son, his parents cant make him go to a school . He prolly went to BYU cause they offered him a full ride, and thats it. By 18, your parents can make suggestions but if you go to a school because your parents told you to go there, then you're and idiot.

And what a bulls**t honor code, this aint 1875. To kick him off the team is ridiculous, I can see suspending him, but they basically terminated his scholarship. So much for religion being about forgiveness for mistakes
dude yes they f**kin can. parents can have a huge influence on where he goes to school. and for all we know he could have a really religious family. stop applying your family dynamics or those you know of to those of everyone, because people operate differently. his mom and dad could have convinced him that byu was best for him. when you are 18 you dont know everything, especially because if you are playing basketball all the time, you arent as invested in finding out about the everyday atmosphere as kids who dont play sports. you take visits, but lots of times they sell an experience of the school that you dont get when you actually go there. thats why coaches get in trouble about what goes on during recruiting trips sometimes.

so no, taking parents advice on college does not make you an idiot. not taking the advice of people who do know better does.

and because they offered him a full ride? what kinda dumb a.ss reason is that for going to a school like byu? he had full ride offers from several schools. there had to be another reason he went to byu. that only makes sense

Last edited by jplaydadon; 03-03-2011 at 09:54 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #64
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,179 | Props total: 11743 11743
So the same thing wuda happened if he drunk an Arizona?
 7 years ago '04        #65
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 jplaydadon said:
dude yes they f**kin can. parents can have a huge influence on where he goes to school. and for all we know he could have a really religious family. stop applying your family dynamics or those you know of to those of everyone, because people operate differently. his mom and dad could have convinced him that byu was best for him. when you are 18 you dont know everything, especially because if you are playing basketball all the time, you arent as invested in finding out about the everyday atmosphere as kids who dont play sports. you take visits, but lots of times they sell an experience of the school that you dont get when you actually go there. thats why coaches get in trouble about what goes on during recruiting trips sometimes.

so no, taking parents advice on college does not make you an idiot. not taking the advice of people who do know better does.

and because they offered him a full ride? what kinda dumb a.ss reason is that for going to a school like byu? he had full ride offers from several schools. there had to be another reason he went to byu. that only makes sense
And I repeat, if you choose a college because your parents tell you to go there, then you're going to school for all the wrong reasons. He was in this for the free ride, and if you can't see that, then you haven't been on scholarship anywhere. What other offers did this kid get to be a STARTER on FULL RIDE in a division one basketball program (I'm a.ssuming he was getting a full ride, someone care to correct that if hes not?) This kid went to BYU because they were giving him money to be there. If he had to go through student loans and fill out those f**king FASFA forms every year, study his a.ss off, walk on to the college hoop team and be in debt for the next 20 years of his life like the rest of college students have to, you REALLY think he'd let his parents say "you're going to this school and thats final"?

There are thousands of colleges in America, yet he chooses the one that wont let you have coffee or tea? If your parents have that much of an influence on your educational choices at 18, then you aren't ready to be in college in the first place. There are too many schools out for him to be a slave to his parents who think banning caffeinated beverages will further his education. If you need to force your kid to be at place like BYU, then you've failed as a parent. It should be their choice and their choice alone if they want to live their life this way.

There's a reason why BYU has never been in the NCAA tournament until now. If you choose BYU, but then can't live up to their honor code, there is only one reason, and thats money. You think this is the first and only time he's had s3x? So he popped his cherry and now he gets kicked off the team? This is just the time he got caught. There are not only better basketball programs out there, but better schools with more realistic, real world values. Dude was at BYU because of the money and the opportunity to be a starter on a division 1 basketball program.
 7 years ago '07        #66
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 THEINFAMOUS said:
So the same thing wuda happened if he drunk at Arizona?
No . He probably only went to BYU to stay close to home. He's from Provo and BYU is in Provo . He probably knew about the honor code way before he even went there. He thought he could be slick and get away w/ it. On another note BYU got slaughtered last night 82-64. Good job kicking off Davies. They got out rebounded bad too.

Davies will be back next year.

Last edited by TH35; 03-03-2011 at 11:32 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #67
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
Somone from BYU said it was actually DUI....(from someone who runs track there...got the info through one of my homies) ...so iono
 7 years ago '09        #68
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12351 12351
 TheMagicMan said:
And I repeat, if you choose a college because your parents tell you to go there, then you're going to school for all the wrong reasons. He was in this for the free ride, and if you can't see that, then you haven't been on scholarship anywhere. What other offers did this kid get to be a STARTER on FULL RIDE in a division one basketball program (I'm a.ssuming he was getting a full ride, someone care to correct that if hes not?) This kid went to BYU because they were giving him money to be there. If he had to go through student loans and fill out those f**king FASFA forms every year, study his a.ss off, walk on to the college hoop team and be in debt for the next 20 years of his life like the rest of college students have to, you REALLY think he'd let his parents say "you're going to this school and thats final"?

There are thousands of colleges in America, yet he chooses the one that wont let you have coffee or tea? If your parents have that much of an influence on your educational choices at 18, then you aren't ready to be in college in the first place. There are too many schools out for him to be a slave to his parents who think banning caffeinated beverages will further his education. If you need to force your kid to be at place like BYU, then you've failed as a parent. It should be their choice and their choice alone if they want to live their life this way.

There's a reason why BYU has never been in the NCAA tournament until now. If you choose BYU, but then can't live up to their honor code, there is only one reason, and thats money. You think this is the first and only time he's had s3x? So he popped his cherry and now he gets kicked off the team? This is just the time he got caught. There are not only better basketball programs out there, but better schools with more realistic, real world values. Dude was at BYU because of the money and the opportunity to be a starter on a division 1 basketball program.
I read somewhere he was offered scholarships to a couple pac-10 schools and Gonzaga. I guess his family and firends were a huge influence on him staying home to play for BYU. The two Collinsworth kids on the team played with him in high school as well. I'm in the boat he didn't truly want to go there but he wasn't the kind of kid ready to leave home either.
 7 years ago '04        #69
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,888 | Props total: 2001 2001
 Prodigy said:
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called [Mormonism]."

f**k Mormonism and that cult-ass movement you're attempting to start on Boxden.
I'm not a Mormon, I actually am indifferent towards most religions. I am, however, one that tries to be as knowledgeable about as many subjects as possible, especially religions. That way when someone wants to tell me how their religion is better than another, I can ask them about one thing or another from a different religion and ask them to explain that.

If you really were to ask me, I would say most religions are a cult. They ask you to follow something you have no proof of, they want money, they ask you to spread the word of your religion and to meet weekly. Besides a few other characteristics typical of cults, those sound like some of them.
 7 years ago '04        #70
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,346 | Props total: 8429 8429
I applaud BYU for standing by their honor code = What they believe in = What Brandon Davies agreed to believe in when "he" chose to go there.
I may not agree with BYU's Honor Code but again I respect them for standing by what they believe in.
 7 years ago '09        #71
space
space
 Javon23 said:
I applaud BYU for standing by their honor code = What they believe in = What Brandon Davies agreed to believe in when "he" chose to go there.
I may not agree with BYU's Honor Code but again I respect them for standing by what they believe in.
Is it standing or grandstanding?
 7 years ago '04        #72
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
huh? what?
 7 years ago '05        #73
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1318 1318

What are they suppose to do? Jerking off get boring, dudes gonna start raping girls because of this dumb rule.

Let mothaf**kas f**k they GF all they want, dumb a.sss school
 7 years ago '05        #74
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
In other words, this black kid was probably f**king someone daughter, and they didn't like that... BYU it is Utah..
 7 years ago '09        #75
space
space
 Javon23 said:
huh? what?
Are they truly standing for something or do they have an agenda? Their football team has been pretty good the last few years but they have kicked several players off for violating the honor code and nobody found out until well after. Why was this incident so publicly addressed?

Last year Harvey Unga, a football player, and his girlfriend on the basketball team were forced to leave the school because they had s3x but were engaged to be married. Yeah, I know there's the code and students agree to it but they usually deal with these incidents after seasons and not during.
 7 years ago '10        #76
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,492 | Props total: 9785 9785
I guarantee it was a snow bunny
 7 years ago '09        #77
space
space
For the record, he did have s3x with a white girl. What isn't on record yet or found to be true(yet) are the rumors she is pregnant. Bloogers and Twitter peeps from the area are the ones saying the pregnant part not actual media.
 7 years ago '04        #78
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
@Fly 2ndComing

Maybe or maybe not but at the end of the day The Rules are The Rules and he
clearly violated them regardless if anybody snitched on him.
Even if it was an agenda he should not have put himself in that situation.
He agreed to honoring the school Honor Code attending the university.
In orientation "every" traditional college student receives a school honor code book and most of us probably don't even read it but its our responsibility to know and be aware of the rules of the University we chose to attend.
 7 years ago '04        #79
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 TheMagicMan said:

do you understand how stupid you sound dude? like really? are you even reading what you are saying? are you saying that if a kid is advised to go to a place by his parents at 18 which is not a full adult who has had real world experience, especially due to the limited nature of his upbringing due to playing basketball at a high level at that age (it takes TONS of commiment), that he isnt ready for college? thats retarded. very few 18 year olds have enough experience to where they can make those important life decisions on his/her own.

and dude, the dude go multiple offers from other schools, and when you get offers YOU GET FREE RIDES. he chose BYU for other factors, one could have been the influence of the parents. in fact in probably sure it was because a kid, who normally make impulsive decisions at that age, wouldnt even dare go to BYU if he wanted a normal college experience. and no, you dont know what his family's religious or "moral" views are, so again stop imposing yourself on other people. for all we know the kid himself could think some of that s**t is legit, but made an impulsive mistake. it happens to people of all types and in all cultures. hell i know hindu's that eat beef, christians who have tons of s3x, muslims who do the same, and none of that s**t is supposed to happen.

furthermore, byu has been to the tournament SEVERAL times. are you kidding? BYU isnt some middle of the road school, they have VERY GOOD sports teams. in fact thier football program is excellent and was on the verge of going independent. the bball program has been to the tournament 24 times. they have produced great pros. ever hear of steve young? decent ones in bball like shawn bradley. you have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited by jplaydadon; 03-03-2011 at 01:19 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #80
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11625 11625
Not sure it was his girl, because she goes to ASU
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy